The Wayfarer Restaurant and Lounge
1190 Pacific Drive
Cannon Beach, OR 97110Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
The Wayfarer Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wayfarer-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 5034361108
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday - Saturday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Josh Archibald
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Corporate events, rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions, banquets, boxed lunches, business meetings, casual and formal dinners, event coordinating, fundraisers - we do it all.
Conveniently located above the Surfsand Resort, the Surfsand Ballroom provides a comfortable and attractive setting for both business and social gatherings. With over 3,000 square feet of banquet space, The Ballroom can accommodate groups of up to 200 people. In addition, the room breaks into three smaller rooms making the Surfsand Resort the ideal spot for corporate retreats and functions.
In addition to the Surfsand Ballroom, the simple elegance and cheerfulness of the Haystack Gardens Retreat Center makes it a perfect setting for any group function. The tastefully decorated interior boasts a marble fireplace. Nearly an acre of beautifully landscaped gardens adjoin the patio. Catering is available inside or outside in the gardens and there is room for up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Group Events 5034362274
A word from The Wayfarer Restaurant and Lounge
Join us at one of the Oregon Coast's most favored dining traditions, the Wayfarer Restaurant & Lounge. A favorite of locals and visitors alike, the Wayfarer Restaurant offers seasonal northwest cuisine, personalized guest service and unique views of the Pacific Ocean and Haystack Rock. The Wayfarer Restaurant & Lounge serves breakfast, lunch and dinner beginning at 8 a.m. daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Wayfarer Restaurant and Lounge - Best Restaurants in Cannon Beach ›
The Wayfarer Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (45)special occasion (31)romantic (20)fit for foodies (18)great for outdoor dining (18)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (8)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Another Enjoyable ExperienceDeweyDined on 10/25/2014Every time we visit to Cannon Beach it means a visit to Wayfarer where we have had consistently excellent food and service in a great setting at Haystack Rock. While menu selection maybe limited compared to some restaurants there is still a variety of foods available and everyone I have tried has been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We had our 29th Wedding Anniversary at the Wayfarer. The manager made sure the flowers were dilivered to our table. Cindi the waitrss was really nice and joked with us. She wrote down the name of the wine I ordered and even knew the history of the winery. My filet mignon came cooked perfectly and my wife enjoywd her halibut. Our anniversary was so special because of how helpful and caring the staff was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice!Travelers2Dined on 10/6/2014Our hotel recommended the Wayfarer. We wanted to eat at a place that had an ocean view. We were surprised that there were few restaurants that offered this. Most of the places are in town which is not on the water. The Wayfarer does have some views of the ocean but they are very limited. There is a small outdoor patio but we ate inside as it was starting to get cold, we had a very nice dinner. The clam chowder, house salad and. Rex sole were all delicious and reasonably priced. The marionberry, blueberry cobbler was also very good. My mouth is watering as I think about it. We would definitely return to the Wayfarer if we are in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spendy but terrific mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Be prepared for hugely spendy meals, but all three dinners were terrific. Very tasty and different. If you get a window seat then even better. Reminds me of a similar experience in Scotland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Ratings DeservedgarysVIPDined on 9/26/2014Such a nice place staff is friendly for the most part food pretty good have had a miss it two along the way but what restaurant doesn't. Nicest place with good martini's in CBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but not much of itFoodIsDeliciousDined on 9/24/2014Good food, but very small portions. We left hungry after a $100 dinner. The cheesecake was barely a half slice. Service was slow, but the place was very busy. Beautiful view.Special Features:
- Fabulous ocean diningPixseaDined on 9/20/2014Food was delicious, would have liked a little more selection though. Our table was located near beach access, with a stellar view of sunset. When the breeze became chilly, cozy blankets were offered. Wait staff very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WestSeattleliteVIPDined on 9/19/2014Unfortunately, the entire bar was booked with a private event and we could not experience this option. This was our 4th trip to this restaurant over the years, and it does NOT disappoint. Food has always been really good, and they add their own creativity to menu options. Staff is very friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- RaytiredDined on 9/19/2014We have been to the Wayfarer for lunch several times and liked the food, service, and location. However, the dinner experience was much better. The food was exceptional and on par with the best in the area. Service was great, relaxed and attentive, allowing us to enjoy the night with our best friends from Idaho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for romantic eveningDougDined on 9/14/2014The food was great but the view was outstanding. A beautiful view of the Pacific ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful view and great foodsmbmaxVIPDined on 9/14/2014We had a wonderful dinner. The halibut was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant evening outDaveDined on 9/10/2014Nice location with a view of the ocean. Attentive, friendly service. Good food and a good menu selection.Special Features:
- interesting entreesdinerDined on 9/9/2014The entree of the day I chose was salmon on a plank with stone fruits...plums and peaches. Unusual and delicious. Veggies included sweet potatoes, green beans, sweet corn and roasted potatoes with the entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerSophieDined on 9/6/2014Waiter was inattentive and forgot silverware etc. It was a birthday celebration and nothing was addressed. We requested a window both when we booked and again when we confirmed and didn't get one. Food was not up to the quality we have experienced the last few years. Good but somewhat disappointing.Special Features:
- Mediocre & Expensive But Good ViewDJCBRITDined on 9/1/2014I was disappointed by The Wayfarer. It seems to need an upgrade/facelift. It is a prime location, but a little shabby. The food was decent but nothing special, and it was rather expensive (I guess paying for the view). Service was spotty. I would recommend a cleaner-looking deck outside, heat lamps instead of used blankets (although they helped!), and a lighter, fresher inside. I had the fish & chips, which were massive, but were $28 if I recall correctly. I could only eat about 1/3rd of the portion. The fish was tasteless, the chips like McDonald's fries. They did serve it properly with vinegar as well as ketchup and tartar sauce. I had the Stella Artois Cider on tap, which was too sweet, but I can't blame them for that.Special Features:
- Yooper7Dined on 8/31/2014Breakfasts were excellent; Lunch O.K.; Dinners were mediocre and overpriced. The wine list was amateurish and outrageously overpriced. Stay with breakfast.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our meal.MarthaawhVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food here was very good and the view of Haystack Rock was unbeatable. Our server was friendly but seemed a bit harried and off her game that night. My friend had halibut and said it was the best of our trip to the area. I had the ravioli and it was very, very good. We would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great day at Haystack rockHaystacksFriendDined on 8/17/2014A dinner for 4 saw as at the wayfarer's. We reserved in advance and got the best view on haystock rock which you could imagine. Food was great, although i found the razor clams to be somewhat tough, but it may be that's just the way they are. Service was very friendly, helpful, easy-going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice timeLarryDined on 8/13/2014We were very happy with our experience here - fine, informative, and friendly service and a delicious dinner. However, please remember that you're dining at a restaurant in a "resort" area and the prices are higher than they should be. So, while everything was more than fine, you might have an issue with the value for your money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful dinner with a viewseasoned4x4uDined on 8/12/2014I have learned in my travels to expect either a great dinner or a great view. The Wayfarer delivered both in a relaxed atmosphere while pampering us with warm, highly competent service. The dungeness crab cakes were fresh, fresh, fresh, all crab, no bread; I have never tasted better. The chef turned an otherwise potentially ordinary wedge salad into a delight with a generous portion of chunky blue cheese and superb creamy blue cheese dressing. Yum! That alone was worth going back for. My request fur gluten-free filet of sole was met with familiarity and fileted tableside with finess and grace and easily surpassed my expectations. The salmon was perfect. Eat there, eat well.Special Features:
- Divine crab cakesUbugmeDined on 8/8/2014The crab cakes bursting with crab. Delicious & flavorful. I don't think any breading was used. How they stayed together without it is something to marvel aboutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but great way to end a tripHerkyJerkyDined on 8/5/2014This is the best restaurant in town. The service is always excellent and food really good. The selection is also consistently good and portions solid. In the spirit of dessert, we usually save the Wayfarer for last. Because Cannon Beach meals are a bit expensive, you're not paying much more than you would for mediocre food. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask & You Shall Receivefood4lifeDined on 8/1/2014Table with a view of Haystack Rock we requested was perfect and comfortable. Our waiter was gracious, informative & helpful with selections. He accommodated a diner request for the potato-leek pancakes as a side with a salad - no problem. We were allowed plenty of time for cocktails before our food arrived. The waiter timed our small plates perfectly to coincide with other's main entrees. All food was delicious & prepared to perfection. Mild horseradish dressing on crab cocktail very good. We were not rushed from our table & had a wonderful evening with our out-of-town friends. As always when we dine at the Wayfarer, we went away well sated. It's one of our favorite places to eat dinner or just have cocktails in the bar at CB.Special Features:
- great location and excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014I had my b-day dinner here with my family, and it is great! Their food was good and the service was superb! I made a reservation ahead of time, so it was good that we got a booth where we got to see a nice view of haystack. The location was great too with an easy access to the beach. I am definitely coming back!Special Features:
- Reservations - not respected!RblochVIPDined on 7/19/2014The meal was great as well as the waiter's service. However, the front desk needs improvement. I made reservation via opentable and stopped by day before (to check it out). I requested table with a view which was added to my reservation. When we arrived at reservation time, we found several people waiting. They told me it would be about 20 minutes and not sure about a window table as all were taken. I told person I had both a reservation and a window table request but she did not seem too concerned. After 10 minutes, we were assigned a window table - not sure what would have happened had I not pointed it out! So, for price you pay, I am not sure the aggravation before the meal started was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!smileystarVIPDined on 7/18/2014This restaurant has some of the best food I've ever had. The beautiful view of the ocean and haystack rock just make it that much better. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a TreatAlexVIPDined on 7/18/2014It's always a pleasure to dine at The Wayfarer where great food, service, and scenery all come together. I ordered cedar plank salmon, my wife ordered halibut, both fresh caught and perfectly done. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite spotckeljoDined on 7/18/2014We love the hospitality and the food. Their filets are the best we have eaten anywhere. And if you like Gaelic fries, theirs are wonderful.Special Features:
- Very good!4and25charactersinlengthDined on 7/12/2014Best salmon we've ever had. Also had the razor clams - totally awesome. This will be our first choice every time we go to the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a nice outdoor table.TesaDined on 7/8/2014Good food, we had Dave as our waiter and he was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 361 reviews are from the The Wayfarer Restaurant and Lounge reviews archive.
- Beautiful viewkunkDined on 6/30/2014Beautiful view of the ocean. Excellent waiter (Dave?) with a big smile and a great, customer oriented attitude that really added to our overall dining experience. We ordered the Prawn Scampi. It was well prepared, very fresh and absolutely delicious, the best we've ever had. Our waiter suggested a nice Pinot Gris to pair with the Scampi,..Perfect. Overall rating for this dining experience is an A+Special Features:
- Poor Service - Average FoodChuckVIPDined on 6/20/2014Very poor service. After being seated we waited as tables cleared, new guests arrived, their drink orders taken as we waited ... and waited ... and waited. Finally we spoke up. To be honest we would have left but we did not have a good plan "B". Food turned out to be average - garlic shrimp were over cooked and rubbery. Lot's of kids - not exactly a romantic atmosphere. Finally, we tried to have a Cosmo in the bar before dinner but the bartender seemed more interested in the World Cup. Probably should have taken the hint then and left before we endured the wait at the table. Not sure we will be back in future visits to Cannon Beach.
- Not all servers equalLikestodine68Dined on 6/13/2014Our server was not at all interested in making our dining experience enjoyable. Watched two other servers around us doing an excellent job and our server was no where to be found. Food was adequate, not entirely memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot for our HoneymoonJesser311Dined on 6/11/2014My husband and I stayed in Cannon Beach and chose the Wayfarer for our romantic dinner. Everything was DELISCIOUS!! We had avocado fingers and garlic fries for appetizers and for my main course I had the Dungeness Chicken Florentine. I must say... WOW!!! The best meal I have ever had in my life. The wine and dessert were also scrumptious. Our server also bought a few of our drinks as it was our honeymoon. I will definitely be back and would absolutely recommend this restaurant to a friend! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathVIPDined on 6/1/2014Good food with a great view of Haystack Rock. A nice dining experience!Special Features:
- Excellent serviceLuvagoodmealDined on 5/31/2014The food was good, nothing over the top. They were very accomidating with my food sensativities, putting together a combination of food that worked for me. Although my rice was not done, and the server quickly replaced it with some nice mashed potatoes. The best part was the service. He was very attentive without being intrusive. Enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Razor Clams!thegogojVIPDined on 5/25/2014Every dish was unique and delicious! A perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014We visited the Wayfarer restaurant for our Anniversary. The views of the ocean and Haystack Rock are amazing as was the food and atmosphere of the restaurant. Prices were very reasonable and the menu had a good variety. We would definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many YearsNotrealsureDined on 5/11/2014We have been going to Wayfarer for many years, over the past couple years the food has gone donw hill. Comes out cold has to be sent back quality of the substance is poor to midland. One of my wifes favorite places on Cannon Beach and we live here on the coast and really aprehensive about going there again.Special Features:
- Hard to beatHonestabeDined on 5/5/2014I'm often find plenty to criticize when going out to nice restaurants but not this time. I particularly appreciated the fact that since we had made a reservation, we were given a seat by the window with a nice view of the ocean. The food was excellent, the wait staff skilled and the decor tasteful. This place turned out to be just the perfect place to take my wife on her birthday. Be prepared for a rather stiff price tag on your meal but personally I found it well worth the price!Special Features: