The Wayfarer Restaurant and Lounge
1190 Pacific Drive
Cannon Beach, OR 97110Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
The Wayfarer Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wayfarer-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 5034361108
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Sunday - Saturday: 8:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Josh Archibald
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Corporate events, rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions, banquets, boxed lunches, business meetings, casual and formal dinners, event coordinating, fundraisers - we do it all.
Conveniently located above the Surfsand Resort, the Surfsand Ballroom provides a comfortable and attractive setting for both business and social gatherings. With over 3,000 square feet of banquet space, The Ballroom can accommodate groups of up to 200 people. In addition, the room breaks into three smaller rooms making the Surfsand Resort the ideal spot for corporate retreats and functions.
In addition to the Surfsand Ballroom, the simple elegance and cheerfulness of the Haystack Gardens Retreat Center makes it a perfect setting for any group function. The tastefully decorated interior boasts a marble fireplace. Nearly an acre of beautifully landscaped gardens adjoin the patio. Catering is available inside or outside in the gardens and there is room for up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Group Events 5034362274
A word from The Wayfarer Restaurant and Lounge
Join us at one of the Oregon Coast's most favored dining traditions, the Wayfarer Restaurant & Lounge. A favorite of locals and visitors alike, the Wayfarer Restaurant offers seasonal northwest cuisine, personalized guest service and unique views of the Pacific Ocean and Haystack Rock. The Wayfarer Restaurant & Lounge serves breakfast, lunch and dinner beginning at 8 a.m. daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Wayfarer Restaurant and Lounge - Best Restaurants in Cannon Beach ›
The Wayfarer Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (42)special occasion (28)great for outdoor dining (20)fit for foodies (18)romantic (16)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (14)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (8)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- beautiful view and great foodsmbmaxVIPDined on 9/14/2014We had a wonderful dinner. The halibut was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant evening outDaveDined on 9/10/2014Nice location with a view of the ocean. Attentive, friendly service. Good food and a good menu selection.Special Features:
- interesting entreesdinerDined on 9/9/2014The entree of the day I chose was salmon on a plank with stone fruits...plums and peaches. Unusual and delicious. Veggies included sweet potatoes, green beans, sweet corn and roasted potatoes with the entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerSophieDined on 9/6/2014Waiter was inattentive and forgot silverware etc. It was a birthday celebration and nothing was addressed. We requested a window both when we booked and again when we confirmed and didn't get one. Food was not up to the quality we have experienced the last few years. Good but somewhat disappointing.Special Features:
- Mediocre & Expensive But Good ViewDJCBRITDined on 9/1/2014I was disappointed by The Wayfarer. It seems to need an upgrade/facelift. It is a prime location, but a little shabby. The food was decent but nothing special, and it was rather expensive (I guess paying for the view). Service was spotty. I would recommend a cleaner-looking deck outside, heat lamps instead of used blankets (although they helped!), and a lighter, fresher inside. I had the fish & chips, which were massive, but were $28 if I recall correctly. I could only eat about 1/3rd of the portion. The fish was tasteless, the chips like McDonald's fries. They did serve it properly with vinegar as well as ketchup and tartar sauce. I had the Stella Artois Cider on tap, which was too sweet, but I can't blame them for that.Special Features:
- Yooper7Dined on 8/31/2014Breakfasts were excellent; Lunch O.K.; Dinners were mediocre and overpriced. The wine list was amateurish and outrageously overpriced. Stay with breakfast.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our meal.MarthaawhVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food here was very good and the view of Haystack Rock was unbeatable. Our server was friendly but seemed a bit harried and off her game that night. My friend had halibut and said it was the best of our trip to the area. I had the ravioli and it was very, very good. We would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great day at Haystack rockHaystacksFriendDined on 8/17/2014A dinner for 4 saw as at the wayfarer's. We reserved in advance and got the best view on haystock rock which you could imagine. Food was great, although i found the razor clams to be somewhat tough, but it may be that's just the way they are. Service was very friendly, helpful, easy-going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice timeLarryDined on 8/13/2014We were very happy with our experience here - fine, informative, and friendly service and a delicious dinner. However, please remember that you're dining at a restaurant in a "resort" area and the prices are higher than they should be. So, while everything was more than fine, you might have an issue with the value for your money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful dinner with a viewseasoned4x4uDined on 8/12/2014I have learned in my travels to expect either a great dinner or a great view. The Wayfarer delivered both in a relaxed atmosphere while pampering us with warm, highly competent service. The dungeness crab cakes were fresh, fresh, fresh, all crab, no bread; I have never tasted better. The chef turned an otherwise potentially ordinary wedge salad into a delight with a generous portion of chunky blue cheese and superb creamy blue cheese dressing. Yum! That alone was worth going back for. My request fur gluten-free filet of sole was met with familiarity and fileted tableside with finess and grace and easily surpassed my expectations. The salmon was perfect. Eat there, eat well.Special Features:
- Divine crab cakesUbugmeDined on 8/8/2014The crab cakes bursting with crab. Delicious & flavorful. I don't think any breading was used. How they stayed together without it is something to marvel aboutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but great way to end a tripHerkyJerkyDined on 8/5/2014This is the best restaurant in town. The service is always excellent and food really good. The selection is also consistently good and portions solid. In the spirit of dessert, we usually save the Wayfarer for last. Because Cannon Beach meals are a bit expensive, you're not paying much more than you would for mediocre food. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask & You Shall Receivefood4lifeDined on 8/1/2014Table with a view of Haystack Rock we requested was perfect and comfortable. Our waiter was gracious, informative & helpful with selections. He accommodated a diner request for the potato-leek pancakes as a side with a salad - no problem. We were allowed plenty of time for cocktails before our food arrived. The waiter timed our small plates perfectly to coincide with other's main entrees. All food was delicious & prepared to perfection. Mild horseradish dressing on crab cocktail very good. We were not rushed from our table & had a wonderful evening with our out-of-town friends. As always when we dine at the Wayfarer, we went away well sated. It's one of our favorite places to eat dinner or just have cocktails in the bar at CB.Special Features:
- great location and excellent food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014I had my b-day dinner here with my family, and it is great! Their food was good and the service was superb! I made a reservation ahead of time, so it was good that we got a booth where we got to see a nice view of haystack. The location was great too with an easy access to the beach. I am definitely coming back!Special Features:
- Reservations - not respected!RblochVIPDined on 7/19/2014The meal was great as well as the waiter's service. However, the front desk needs improvement. I made reservation via opentable and stopped by day before (to check it out). I requested table with a view which was added to my reservation. When we arrived at reservation time, we found several people waiting. They told me it would be about 20 minutes and not sure about a window table as all were taken. I told person I had both a reservation and a window table request but she did not seem too concerned. After 10 minutes, we were assigned a window table - not sure what would have happened had I not pointed it out! So, for price you pay, I am not sure the aggravation before the meal started was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!smileystarVIPDined on 7/18/2014This restaurant has some of the best food I've ever had. The beautiful view of the ocean and haystack rock just make it that much better. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a TreatAlexVIPDined on 7/18/2014It's always a pleasure to dine at The Wayfarer where great food, service, and scenery all come together. I ordered cedar plank salmon, my wife ordered halibut, both fresh caught and perfectly done. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite spotckeljoDined on 7/18/2014We love the hospitality and the food. Their filets are the best we have eaten anywhere. And if you like Gaelic fries, theirs are wonderful.Special Features:
- Very good!4and25charactersinlengthDined on 7/12/2014Best salmon we've ever had. Also had the razor clams - totally awesome. This will be our first choice every time we go to the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a nice outdoor table.TesaDined on 7/8/2014Good food, we had Dave as our waiter and he was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewkunkDined on 6/30/2014Beautiful view of the ocean. Excellent waiter (Dave?) with a big smile and a great, customer oriented attitude that really added to our overall dining experience. We ordered the Prawn Scampi. It was well prepared, very fresh and absolutely delicious, the best we've ever had. Our waiter suggested a nice Pinot Gris to pair with the Scampi,..Perfect. Overall rating for this dining experience is an A+Special Features:
- Poor Service - Average FoodChuckVIPDined on 6/20/2014Very poor service. After being seated we waited as tables cleared, new guests arrived, their drink orders taken as we waited ... and waited ... and waited. Finally we spoke up. To be honest we would have left but we did not have a good plan "B". Food turned out to be average - garlic shrimp were over cooked and rubbery. Lot's of kids - not exactly a romantic atmosphere. Finally, we tried to have a Cosmo in the bar before dinner but the bartender seemed more interested in the World Cup. Probably should have taken the hint then and left before we endured the wait at the table. Not sure we will be back in future visits to Cannon Beach.
- Not all servers equalLikestodine68Dined on 6/13/2014Our server was not at all interested in making our dining experience enjoyable. Watched two other servers around us doing an excellent job and our server was no where to be found. Food was adequate, not entirely memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot for our HoneymoonJesser311Dined on 6/11/2014My husband and I stayed in Cannon Beach and chose the Wayfarer for our romantic dinner. Everything was DELISCIOUS!! We had avocado fingers and garlic fries for appetizers and for my main course I had the Dungeness Chicken Florentine. I must say... WOW!!! The best meal I have ever had in my life. The wine and dessert were also scrumptious. Our server also bought a few of our drinks as it was our honeymoon. I will definitely be back and would absolutely recommend this restaurant to a friend! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathVIPDined on 6/1/2014Good food with a great view of Haystack Rock. A nice dining experience!Special Features:
- Excellent serviceLuvagoodmealDined on 5/31/2014The food was good, nothing over the top. They were very accomidating with my food sensativities, putting together a combination of food that worked for me. Although my rice was not done, and the server quickly replaced it with some nice mashed potatoes. The best part was the service. He was very attentive without being intrusive. Enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Razor Clams!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/25/2014Every dish was unique and delicious! A perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 354 reviews are from the The Wayfarer Restaurant and Lounge reviews archive.
- Memorable ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014We visited the Wayfarer restaurant for our Anniversary. The views of the ocean and Haystack Rock are amazing as was the food and atmosphere of the restaurant. Prices were very reasonable and the menu had a good variety. We would definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many YearsNotrealsureDined on 5/11/2014We have been going to Wayfarer for many years, over the past couple years the food has gone donw hill. Comes out cold has to be sent back quality of the substance is poor to midland. One of my wifes favorite places on Cannon Beach and we live here on the coast and really aprehensive about going there again.Special Features:
- Hard to beatHonestabeDined on 5/5/2014I'm often find plenty to criticize when going out to nice restaurants but not this time. I particularly appreciated the fact that since we had made a reservation, we were given a seat by the window with a nice view of the ocean. The food was excellent, the wait staff skilled and the decor tasteful. This place turned out to be just the perfect place to take my wife on her birthday. Be prepared for a rather stiff price tag on your meal but personally I found it well worth the price!Special Features:
- 35th Anniversary DelightTomMIDined on 5/4/2014Everything went as planned. The reservation asked for a table with a view of the ocean and that is where we were seated. The server was knowledgeable and friendly. He explained the specials of the day. We ordered an appetizer he recommended and it was delicious. We ordered one special and an item from the menu. Both were great. The meals came on hand painted ‘Happy Anniversary’ plates! We finished with desert and coffee. I would definitely make the Wayfarer a return spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick Decision ReservationHeiferSpecialDined on 5/3/2014I was trying to find a decent place to celebrate our anniversary and found The Wayfarer because it was near our suite. Service was good, I requested days in advance to have a seaview table and we were accommodated. Great Martinis! The filet mignon, mushrooms, asparagus and and grilled prawns were absolutely amazing. Perfectly cooked. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, unbeatable viewGearhartDogLoverDined on 5/2/2014The Wayfarer has the good luck to have a view right onto the beach with Haystack Rock looming large in the windows. And our request on our reservation for the view did in fact get us one of those great view tables. The food is fantastic with an emphasis on fresh local ingredients, and they are willing to do a little tweaking if something isn't quite on the menu. Dessert is fantastic, especially the Little Bit of Heaven chocolate cake, and worth every calorie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made a reservation on OpenTDogDined on 4/12/2014Made a reservation on Open Table for our anniversary and arrived at The Wayfarer 5 minutes early for dinner. I had asked for a table with a view, but they sat us in the back even though the restaurant wasn't crowded. We waited over 20 minutes and no one came by to check on us or take our drink order so we finally got up and left. On the way out, the hostess asked how our dinner was, and we reminded her that we had just got there and hadn't been waited on. It was very disappointing that the restaurant was so unorganized and had such poor service.Special Features:
- Great Spot....Great ServiceBendDined on 3/29/2014The food was very good. The service was flawless. It is a nice place and I recommend.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Food was outstanding. 12 year old son had rock fish off the kids menu and loved it. My husband had the ravioli and thought he died and had gone to heaven! I had the rex sole and it was great as well. View is spectacular if you are by the window where you can see haystack. Overall great experience! Will be back again next time we are at the coast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the view?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2014The Wayfarer has such a great location, the view is incredible, the ambience is very nice. But the food was not spectacular and certainly not worth the price. The service was sporadic and inconsistent. The chowder came before the appetizer (cheese and crackers). Then the entrees were served within five minutes of receiving the appetizer. Empty plates sat on the table too long, it took forever to get the bill, then we found we were charged twice for the already overpriced appetizer. But, this appears to be typical of any restaurant along the Oregon coast, so if you're going to the coast and looking for a nice place to eat, at least this one has the great view. You might get lucky and catch the staff on a better night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding view4foodDined on 3/24/2014Nice choice of fresh seafood. The potato laced halibut was very good, but a bit on the greasy side. Definitely ask for a spot with a view of the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful first time!MspearlDined on 3/23/2014Friends highly recommended this restaurant and I know why! The service was wonderful. Cindy was friendly, fun and made some great suggestions as to what we order, especially the decadent dessert! The wedge salad could be a meal in itself, absolutely scrumptious!! The fish and chips were very tasty, light and a large enough portion to share. We were celebrating my hubby's birthday and the Wayfarer proved to be a fabulous choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overcooked shrimp, over saltedAbc1974Dined on 3/20/2014Overcooked shrimp, over salted fried oysters, horrible rice. Views are incredible, service was ok, but food needs major overhaul!!Special Features: