The Waterfront Restaurant
111 South Bay Blvd.
Anna Maria, FL 34216Neighborhood:
Anna Maria Island
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
The Waterfront Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thewaterfrontrestaurant.net/
- Phone: 941-778-1515
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: William Shafer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Reilly 941-778-1515
A word from The Waterfront Restaurant
At the Waterfront Restaurant, our regular menu is based on the finest products we can find and updated seasonally. They are prepared in classic form, with emphasis on fresh, natural flavors. Most customers will recognize favorites - picatta, au Poivre, pesto, mojo, and others.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Waterfront Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Anna Maria Island ›
The Waterfront Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (76)scenic view (72)special occasion (52)romantic (48)neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (46)great for lunch (39)good for groups (29)kid-friendly (20)great for brunch (18)notable wine list (18)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (7)Show More
- Great eveningFlyguy66Dined on 9/14/2014Wonderful food, especially if you are looking for new tastesSpecial Features:
- Great place for a groupJoyhDined on 9/13/2014We had eight people for dinner and were seated at a large round table with plenty of space. Our server, Natalia, was excellent. The menu is very diverse. My food was a little salty but otherwise delicious. I would highly recommend the Waterfront on Anna Maria Island.Special Features:
- Great placendeatDined on 9/11/2014Food is always fabulous and is presented in a very appealing format. View of Tampa Bay is a plus.. Service is always great. I always bring visitors here because of the great food and the great view.Special Features:
- A Gem!LocaldinerDined on 9/2/2014Rave reviews for luncheon menu.....especially the BLT on croissant. The thick applewood bacon is generous... Awesome. Favorite dinner menu item is the Grouper Taco"s with an honorable mention to Scallop Caesar Salad!Special Features:
- Blah foodlalaDined on 8/31/2014Crab caesar salad was not tasty. Mussels were bland, no flavor!
- Waterfront AMItimaliDined on 8/24/2014Lovely setting with friendly and efficient staff. Very welcoming to us and our 7 year old who had a great Kid's menu from which she chose Steak Bites - which were fabulously tasty and tender. Very accomodating also when we asked for a non-menu item as her starter. Starters generally were good but large (cup of the soups is plenty). Even salads huge. Main coures of various fish were excellent. Great environment for a relxed dinner and surprisingly good value (not cheap but well worth the price).Special Features:
- shellDined on 8/23/2014The food was great but the online menu has not been updated. The service was on the slow side as we waited for our server to take our order and waited for our check. The server was very nice but slow. The place was great and will come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- General CommentsPhillipsfoodDined on 8/21/2014Food was wonderful but wish we had dined outdoors as the noise level from 2 large parties inside made it all but impossible to hold a conversation. Perhaps some soft music would tone down the din. We felt like we were watching "The View" where all the women talk at once! And some small children did not add any ambience. I'd rate Waterfront as a fine dining restaraunt sans the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant with good viewsLorelei19Dined on 8/21/2014There's a really nice outside seating area with views of the water, and the menu is large but everything seems good. Lots of options and everything we got was really yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidDined on 8/16/2014Consistently good food, particularly the fish at reasonable prices in a busy, jolly restaurant overlooking the sea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great Waterfront evening!happylocalDined on 8/16/2014We are year round residents in the Anna Maria Island area. Waterfront Restaurant is one of our favorites. The food is always good, the parking is convenient, the service is friendly, and the location on the water is very scenic & relaxing. In addition, thanks you Waterfront for accepting reservations. Other restaurants on the Island do not take reservations. It is not ideal to take guests to a restaurant only to find that a wait of an hour is the norm. We took out of state guests last weekend, and she told us the scallops were the best she has ever had! How nice is that to take visitors to a restaurant & have such a positive response. We were happy, and Waterfront should be happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodPickyEaterDined on 8/14/2014We had a great meal here. We selected two of the daily specials - tile and monk fish - both excellent. One of us had the chicken and waffles - also very good, but should have asked for the chow chow on the side. They have a wonderful wine, beer and drink list. I tried the Paloma - it hit the spot.Special Features:
- wonderful locationsandlandsDined on 8/11/2014Great food, excellent service and fantastic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good!unhappycamperDined on 8/10/2014Res. for 9 at 6:45 but seated at 7:15! Wrong rum and complained - told didn't have CaptainMorgan but did not tell us.Special Features:
- Food Doesn't disappointepicurejudyDined on 8/10/2014The Lobster Bisque is the best. The dinners were a nice size, not too big, not too small. Cooked perfectly. Food came out hot. The staff were very friendly. Would go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Going there for 15 years and you can always count on excellent food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding all the way around!KellyDined on 8/4/2014We dined for our parents 50th wedding anniversary. The food was great. Our waiter took great care of us. We were given a table in its own private area. The experience could not have been better!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodFoodlovers2014Dined on 8/2/2014The food was good but beer was warm tables were not cleared after starter when main came and got the wrong bill may be they need more training. Thanks Jeanette StewartSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazing!RockyDined on 7/30/2014The grouper melted in my mouth! Serving sizes were just right! Can't wait to come back again next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Our waitress was very attentive and helpful. My arugula salad was delicious and my husband enjoyed his crab salad. I also had the grouper tacos. they were note that tasty and a little greasy. The bread and dipping sauce were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will return!uuuu2Dined on 7/30/2014We have returned to this restaurant that we found accidently many times now and each time the food has been excellent. Menu sides change seasonally which is a plus. Last year we drove down for lunch only to discover that it was closed for renovations! The owner came out and as thank you for traveling the distance that we do ( 45miles) he surprised us with a bottle of wine! We have only one regret ...wish you were closer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at WaterfrontEddieDined on 7/29/2014We ate at Waterfront for the first time. The service was superb and the food excellent in a great atmosphere. We definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014We enjoyed our anniversary dinner at the waterfront completely. The service was excellent. Our waiter was friendly, cordial and attentive. The restaurant was beautiful inside. Best of all the food was fantastic! I had the shrimp and chorizo over grits and it was delicious. My wife had one of the daily specials sherried schnitzel with portobellas and the house grain. She said it was the best meal she ever tasted. We would absolutely visit this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Excellent Dining ExperienceABunDined on 7/25/2014Travelling from the UK. We have vacationed on Anna Maria 4 times now. And each time, we treat ourselves to a meal at The Waterfront. And for the forth time, we have had a great evning and meal. To start, we shared the Brie. Heaven on a plate. My hubby and I then had the Fillet Madagascar. The most tender, flavourful fillet steak I've ever had. Too full for a dessert, we finished off with a cappuccino. Our server, Amanda, was attentive and knowledgable. All in all, we had a lovely meal and will certainly return again one day. We only wish that the UK wasn't such a long way to travel from. See you again soon. Hopefully!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014After spending a week on AMI, The Waterfront Restaurant was absolutely our favorite restaurant. Ended up returning twice rather than try other new restaurants. The food was incredible, the service wonderful and the wood beams and architecture created a warm, inviting and beautiful environment. Did not eat outside but would have loved to return to lunch on the porch overlooking the water. The last time we ended up eating at the bar and the bartenders were very friendly and made it a fun and relaxing dinnertime. The Lobster Bisque and the Wasabi Tuna were incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twoBeckyDined on 7/16/2014We went to the Waterfront because of an add we saw about the Jalapeño Margarita. So we went for happy hour and made a reservation on line for dinner (very easy). It was a rainy day so the place was empty at happy hour. The bar tender was friendly and the jalapeño margarita was phenomenal! We still had time before our reservation so asked if we could push it up. They seated us immediately where we could have a view. The food was amazing and unique. I don't know what others ate who stated the food was mediocre or average, but we had beef nachos and shrimp and grits which didn't look or taste mediocre or average. The chef put his own twist on everything we had. It was a very classy yet comfortable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/15/2014The food was fresh and delicious. We had the Grouper Oscar. It was cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Poor service spoiled diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014I had been to Waterfront before and enjoyed both the food and the service. Last weekend we made a reservation for a birthday dinner for my husband and I. We were greeted quickly and sat within 5 minutes of arrival. Our server was a little slow on taking out drink order, but she was helping other tables. Out appetizer came quickly and was good. Our dinner arrived just as we finished our appetizer and was delivered by another server or perhaps a bussed-which was fine. I would rather have my meal served while it is hot. Our server checked back as just as the meals were dropped off, at which point we never saw her again. We both were out of wine and empty water glasses. Although we wanted dessert, we got our check from the hostess.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceLastMinuteLucyDined on 7/13/2014We often come to the Waterfront but this time we had a special experience. A party of 8 in front of us had problems with their reservation and the staff handled it with ease and seated the group in the very full restaurant. We were seated and Kelly, our server, greeted us and was efficient, helpful, funny, and attentive. We love this place and the specials didn't disappoint. Goulash and grouper were two of our selections and they were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningMegan0713Dined on 7/12/2014The Waterfront was the perfect place to celebrate my birthday and anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!luvannamariaDined on 7/11/2014We went to this restaurant on our last night of vacation to this wonderful island. We absolutely loved the atmosphere and the food was amazing, with choices for everyone. We were seated in an area that had a table just for our party, across from a beautiful fish tank. It was nice and quaint for our get together, so we could talk and be heard by each other, yet still see what was going on in the restaurant around us. Our waiter was very attentive and gave suggestions. The braised beets and bow ties was a very unique dish that is a must try. The younger adults in our party had either scallops or chicken Parmesan, which were both raved about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Minor chances for improvementMarkDined on 7/11/2014Good time. Great location and view, ocean breeze. Cobia was over done. A couple of the steamed muscles were ‘off’. I’d recommend they add a buttery cab to their wine list, something like a Roth. I’d go there again.Special Features:
- BigSwedeDined on 7/10/2014Very good food and excellent service. Our server was very friendly, efficient and extremely helpful with the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waterfront - AMIcincyfoodieDined on 7/5/2014This is a great restaurant with wonderful ambiance and fantastic food. Great place for foodies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!mseneyDined on 7/5/2014We had a great meal!! The food was fantastic except for the steak tips kid meal which was overdone. We had requested it medium and wondered if the server got it mixed up with well done. The fried green tomatoes are out of this world! Our server was not the most attentive and we spent quite a bit of time waiting for our drinks and then waiting to order. However, we think it was just our particular server as the other servers were quite good. It also looked like our server had outside tables which makes it harder on her. I think my son finally got the right drink right before our meals came to the table.Special Features:
- WaterfrontBeachviewsDined on 7/2/2014For our 35th Anniversary, we sat outside. It was very nice, great views. Food and atmosphere were excellent. The fans and blowers made a comfortable breeze. We enjoyed it very much. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Florida Waterfront DiningGourmetClubDined on 7/1/2014The scenic location and combination indoor/outdoor dining is an added benefit to the excellent menu, drink selection, service, atmosphere, etc. This is our favorite place on Anna Maria Island. Nothing on the menu will disappoint, from appetizers to dessert. Large seafood and salad selection, and the appetizers are outstanding. Wine and beer selection is large and varied. Prices are all very reasonable. Unless you are looking for burgers or plain pasta, (other than homemade mac & cheese) you will not be disappointed. Book online and avoid the dinner-time lines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favoriteSullyDined on 6/29/2014We love this place! Everything is good. Lobster bisque great, bread and dip awesome! Crab cakes excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good2eatwellDined on 6/29/2014Located in an old restored bungalow right on the beach across the street from the pier -- friendly welcome, seated at a great table indoors with view of the water. The menu has many references to substitute for GF needs which is SO appreciated. We had appetizer -- fried green tomatoes --KILLER GOOD -- and salads were above average. Entrees were not the usual seafood prep fare -- I had Maine scallops with a blend of sautéed mushrooms and herbs, fresh vegetable, and basmati rice paired with quinoia. The flavors were nuanced and delicious. We had thought we wanted to order dessert -- they sounded good -- but were too full.Special Features:
- Nice place to discoverAdomarVIPDined on 6/29/2014Nice and casual yet really good. The service was very good and the food excellent. I went for lunch and it has a great ocaean viewSpecial Features: