The Waterfront Restaurant
111 South Bay Blvd.
Anna Maria, FL 34216Neighborhood:
Anna Maria Island
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
The Waterfront Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thewaterfrontrestaurant.net/
- Phone: (941) 778-1515
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: William Shafer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Reilly 941-778-1515
A word from The Waterfront Restaurant
At the Waterfront Restaurant, our regular menu is based on the finest products we can find and updated seasonally. They are prepared in classic form, with emphasis on fresh, natural flavors. Most customers will recognize favorites - picatta, au Poivre, pesto, mojo, and others.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Waterfront Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Anna Maria Island ›
The Waterfront Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (64)scenic view (58)special occasion (50)neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (42)romantic (36)great for lunch (30)good for groups (25)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (13)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (7)Show More
- Excellent Steak.JackieMTimberCreekDined on 11/21/2014I wanted to treat my neighbor for helping me recently. She was very impressed and this fulfulled and exceeded my expectations. Really great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waterfront restaurant a true great findJimROntarioDined on 11/20/2014The service overall was nothing short of great, right from the hostess to the servers and the wonderful chefs behind the scenes. The menu offers something for every foodie and it is very, very tasty! It is definitely a "gotta eat here" spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceSenatorDined on 11/15/2014The waitress was prompt, energet c and very polite. she made the evening very relaxing and enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Menu was very good. Wonderful meal, nice location. Great for outside dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Great Meal and ServiceBillDined on 11/10/2014We enjoyed another wonderful dining experience at The Waterfront Restaurant. The service was excellent and the meal was outstanding. The pace of service was very good. There were 4 of us and we had plenty of time to socialize. We never felt rushed. This is certainly a gem on Anna Marie Island. Can't wait to return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this PlaceKathyVIPDined on 11/9/2014I absolutely love this place the food is consistently good..
- Never Disappointed!MariaDDined on 11/6/2014The Waterfront is our favorite AMI restaurant. We have never been disappointed by the food. Once again, on our Nov 6 dinner visit, we were most pleased as were some out of town clients who went as our guests. Had the Beets & Bowties for the first time. Delish and huge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014The restaurant is across the street from the Anna Maria Pier. So nice and classy inside. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014We had a fabulous family dinner at the Waterfront. We had made a reservation and our table was waiting for us in a great spot in the restaurant. The waitress was attentive but not overly so. She did everything to make a relaxed and fun evening. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Our server did not supply dip and bread until asked.
- Favorite dining spotBuffalo716Dined on 10/30/2014We live out of town but always put this restaurant on our listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Familyfriendly123456Dined on 10/30/2014Great evening and experience...thank you....the service and food was superb...everyone had different entrees and they were excellent.Special Features:
- Waterfront SuperbTNFoodieDined on 10/28/2014The Waterfront Restaurant lives up to its name. From the waterfront location to the waterfront breezes to the waterfront seafood the experience is all about the enjoyment of the food and the location. I can say the drink menu is a perfect starter to the evening with a definite Southern spin on classics. The providence of the sea is on display with the food and the chef is not shy with the spice levels throughout and this is a joy in this world of food for the masses. In one sentence - Miss this restaurant at your own peril.Special Features:
- Great EveningTer45Dined on 10/25/2014I have come to expect a outstanding evening when I go to the Waterfront and this time did not disappoint. The server did a great job and help create a great experience. The food as always was outstanding. One of my favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic PlaceSkybluebyeVIPDined on 10/24/2014This Anna Maria Island gem is worth a drive out of your way. St. Bernardus on tap !! Don't miss it.Special Features:
- Very disappointedNewFoodieInTownDined on 10/4/2014When my Grouper Oscar arrived, if I had not been so hungry I would have (and should have) sent it back, but the wait staff was mostly AWOL. When she returned and asked, I told her that I had planned to not complain, but the grouper was tough and dry. She took my fork and picked at the remaining fish and admitted right there at my table that it was obviously overcooked and she would show it to Chef. Although the meal was priced for "gourmet" I got TV dinner quality and then was presented with the entire bill, zero deductions for the obvious kitchen mistakes, and she did not even comp the suggested dessert. I paid the bill, even left a very nice tip (because I always take care of wait staff) but I will never return.Special Features:
- seaoaksDined on 9/30/2014The Waterfront restaurant is the most enjoyable dinning experience on Anna Maria Island. The food is always delicious especially the fresh seafood dishes. The atmosphere says "sit back and relax, take your time no worries!!!"Special Features:
- Always a great pickvic207Dined on 9/29/2014We eat here at least twice a month if not more. As always the food is delicious. I had the ahi tuna appetizer and the grilled romaine which is to die for. I also recommend the grouper Oscar and for the beef lovers they have a filet madagasgar which is excellent.Special Features:
- BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Best on the island. Best in the City. Best in the state. The Waterfront.Special Features:
- well donevettersDined on 9/26/2014Very nice staff was friendly had a laugh or two with a well done meal. Well managed as everyone did their part without missing a beat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014The food, and service is as good as any restaurant we've been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They got ITFtthomasguyDined on 9/25/2014From the view to the fresh cocktails to the wonderfully inventive & delicious dishes. You really can't beat this place on the island. We can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningLaurieDined on 9/23/2014We eat at the Waterfront often - lunch and dinner. Be sure to visit when you are on Anna Maria Island. My favorite is the arugula salad accompanied with lightly seared tuna; grilled shrimp; or salmon. Bona appetite Be sure to say hello to one of or favorite bartenders - Rodney ;)Special Features:
- ScuppersScuppersDined on 9/19/2014Lived up to reviews. Very enjoyable dinner. Excellent martini and if you like sipping rum the 12 year De Cana exceeds expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningFlyguy66Dined on 9/14/2014Wonderful food, especially if you are looking for new tastesSpecial Features:
- Great place for a groupJoyhDined on 9/13/2014We had eight people for dinner and were seated at a large round table with plenty of space. Our server, Natalia, was excellent. The menu is very diverse. My food was a little salty but otherwise delicious. I would highly recommend the Waterfront on Anna Maria Island.Special Features:
- Great placendeatDined on 9/11/2014Food is always fabulous and is presented in a very appealing format. View of Tampa Bay is a plus.. Service is always great. I always bring visitors here because of the great food and the great view.Special Features:
- A Gem!LocaldinerDined on 9/2/2014Rave reviews for luncheon menu.....especially the BLT on croissant. The thick applewood bacon is generous... Awesome. Favorite dinner menu item is the Grouper Taco"s with an honorable mention to Scallop Caesar Salad!Special Features:
- Blah foodlalaDined on 8/31/2014Crab caesar salad was not tasty. Mussels were bland, no flavor!
- Waterfront AMItimaliDined on 8/24/2014Lovely setting with friendly and efficient staff. Very welcoming to us and our 7 year old who had a great Kid's menu from which she chose Steak Bites - which were fabulously tasty and tender. Very accomodating also when we asked for a non-menu item as her starter. Starters generally were good but large (cup of the soups is plenty). Even salads huge. Main coures of various fish were excellent. Great environment for a relxed dinner and surprisingly good value (not cheap but well worth the price).Special Features:
- shellDined on 8/23/2014The food was great but the online menu has not been updated. The service was on the slow side as we waited for our server to take our order and waited for our check. The server was very nice but slow. The place was great and will come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- General CommentsPhillipsfoodDined on 8/21/2014Food was wonderful but wish we had dined outdoors as the noise level from 2 large parties inside made it all but impossible to hold a conversation. Perhaps some soft music would tone down the din. We felt like we were watching "The View" where all the women talk at once! And some small children did not add any ambience. I'd rate Waterfront as a fine dining restaraunt sans the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant with good viewsLorelei19Dined on 8/21/2014There's a really nice outside seating area with views of the water, and the menu is large but everything seems good. Lots of options and everything we got was really yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidDined on 8/16/2014Consistently good food, particularly the fish at reasonable prices in a busy, jolly restaurant overlooking the sea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great Waterfront evening!happylocalDined on 8/16/2014We are year round residents in the Anna Maria Island area. Waterfront Restaurant is one of our favorites. The food is always good, the parking is convenient, the service is friendly, and the location on the water is very scenic & relaxing. In addition, thanks you Waterfront for accepting reservations. Other restaurants on the Island do not take reservations. It is not ideal to take guests to a restaurant only to find that a wait of an hour is the norm. We took out of state guests last weekend, and she told us the scallops were the best she has ever had! How nice is that to take visitors to a restaurant & have such a positive response. We were happy, and Waterfront should be happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodPickyEaterDined on 8/14/2014We had a great meal here. We selected two of the daily specials - tile and monk fish - both excellent. One of us had the chicken and waffles - also very good, but should have asked for the chow chow on the side. They have a wonderful wine, beer and drink list. I tried the Paloma - it hit the spot.Special Features:
- wonderful locationsandlandsDined on 8/11/2014Great food, excellent service and fantastic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good!unhappycamperDined on 8/10/2014Res. for 9 at 6:45 but seated at 7:15! Wrong rum and complained - told didn't have CaptainMorgan but did not tell us.Special Features:
- Food Doesn't disappointepicurejudyDined on 8/10/2014The Lobster Bisque is the best. The dinners were a nice size, not too big, not too small. Cooked perfectly. Food came out hot. The staff were very friendly. Would go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Going there for 15 years and you can always count on excellent food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.