The Waterfront at The Abbey Resort
269 Fontana Blvd
Lake Geneva, WI 53125Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Waterfront at The Abbey Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://theabbeyresort.com/dining/the_waterfront.cfm
- Phone: (262) 275-9034
- Hours of Operation:
Bar open daily from 11am -11pm. Lunch served daily from 11am -4pm. Friday and Saturday dinner served 4pm - 10pm. Late night menu available from 10pm until 1am Friday and Saturday.
Happy Hour daily from 4pm -7pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Joshua North
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Enjoy live musical entertainment each weekend throughout the year from some of the best artists in the Lake and Chicagoland areas! Check our website for details on upcoming entertainment.
A word from The Waterfront at The Abbey Resort
There is no better place for great food, drinks and live entertainment than The Waterfront at The Abbey Resort! Our menu features delicious appetizers, burgers, BBQ, salads and more! Looking for a great brew? There's always fantastic selection of beer on tap and be sure to try our signature Fire on the Water drinks! The Waterfront is the perfect way to wind down the day or start off the night! We also offer fantastic live musical entertainment each weekend throughout the year.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Waterfront at The Abbey Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
- Bears/Packers dining experienceWindyCityTouristDined on 12/29/2013The bar area was fairly filled with football fans to watch the last game of the season. Our waiter was attentive and had recommendations for myself, my daughter and her friend. He also reminded us of the half-price appetizers for that evening which were a bargain. The crab cakes were delicious, and the nachos, quesadillas and fried platter were also very good. My one complaint was the temperature in the restaurant. It was a cold evening outside, but the heat should have been turned up. Most of the adults kept their coats and sweatshirts on. Our food got cold very quickly, but overall we had a very nice experience in a fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Waterfront - a fun place for groupsBarbDined on 10/6/2013We were traveling and staying in the area. Because of the waterfront view, we decided to try the Waterfront at the Abbey - the girls were pleased with the view and the guys liked all the televisions for sports viewing. Our server did a great job suggesting food items to try and describing flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservationsZO62004Dined on 9/1/2013I entertained guesses on Saturday at the Restaurant good service, good food, great seating with no reservations reservations were made for 9/1/13 @ 8:30 pm, I received plenty of e-mails reminding me of the reservation, arrived at Waterfront 8:25 and was told we had to wait or take a tall table in the bar area. Being it was 8:30 we did not want to wait any longer and took the table The service was fair, the wait for food was longer than expected. This was our 40th wedding anniversary getaway, sorry to say Sunday's dinner was a bustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedspluringmommaDined on 6/21/2013I understand that restaurants like this are typically staffed seasonally for the summer prime months with younger/less experienced wait staff. However, we were pretty disappointed in the service. Because we stayed at the hotel, my husband and I ate there twice with our two kids (young toddlers). The first visit was ok, nothing to complain about except for a high chair that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. The second visit, however, was terrible. The waiter "lost our drink order" - it was three waters and a beer.... couldn't you remember that? For such a nice hotel, we would have expected much better.Special Features:
- Noisy & ...IreneVIPDined on 5/25/2013Very noisy place although not even half full. I had requested table not close to a door that is being used and guess what they walked me right to a table by a door that was constantly used. Since there were so man open tables we could find another on away from the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Nice dockside restaurant at the Abbey Resort. Good selection of burgers, sandwiches, salads, etc. Kid friendly with a decent menu for little ones. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was simple and basic. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2013It was simple and basic. We were looking for a fish fry and got it. Have been there several times over the last few years as The Abbey is a bit of a childhood memory thing. This restaurant area could improve a bit. We will keeping coming back.
- Excellent food at reasonable pricesTracyDined on 3/9/2013BBQ is excellent as well as the fish tacos. We loved the food and the apple crisp dessert was amazing!Special Features:
- Food was pretty good, butkuta1069Dined on 2/16/2013Food was pretty good, but the service was pretty bad. Took forever to even get a waiter or waitress, and it didnt get any better after we ordered our food.
- I just have to say that theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013I just have to say that the Manager and Waitstaff was AMAZING! We had 30 reserved seats and all of my Team Members were raving about the food and service. They said they definitely felt like they were VIP. Thank you so much!Special Features:
- The food is very good, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012The food is very good, service as well.Drinks are pricy. Prime rib buffet is very good, many choices to choose from, though the soup station tends to run out but quickly refilled if asked. Service again is friendly, attentive and enjoyable...thus the topping to a great meal out!Special Features:
- They had no record of ourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2012They had no record of our reservations and were quite curt about it even though I showed them your confirmation email. We did get a table rather quickly after I was kind of insistent.Special Features:
- The menu seemed limited. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012The menu seemed limited. We wanted more of a fine dining experience, and it was more like going to Applebees. I had the ribs and chicken-it was good. The sweet potatoe fries were the best. My wife had the pasta dish that was average. We were disappointed as we wanted steak or seafood. There was more staff than customers.
- I was highly disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012I was highly disappointed in that the reviews read online projected a place of fine dining. It was casual at best. When I made the reservation online, there was an opportunity to make "special requests". I did and never heard from the restaraunt to confirm or plan I had to call the day of and ultimately, was not provided what I hoped for. The menu selection lacked and the waitress did a poor job.
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/1/2012This place was pretty much just a hotel restaurant. We had driven 25 mins from our hotel to go to this place and feel we could have had the same experience in our own hotel. The food was average to below average, nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- This restaurant is typicalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2012This restaurant is typical of what you would find at a sports bar or chain restaurant. The atmosphere is very casual and noisy. The food is adequate, but nothing spectacular. The staff is friendly and the view of the harbor is lovely. I don't recommend the nachos unless you are a fan of melted processed cheese. The Waterfront is just fine for what it is, just don't expect more because it is at the resort. Not recommended for foodies unless you need the convenience.
- great food, great view, greatlaurapVIPDined on 8/10/2012great food, great view, great service. 4 burgers and 2 beers a piece and our bill was $20 per person. Amazing considering we were at the Abbey and we're right on the lake.Special Features:
- Surprisingly had a limitedupsettingDined on 8/4/2012Surprisingly had a limited seafood choice. Good choice for your casual family dining.Special Features: