The Water Club
The East River between 28th Street and 32nd Street
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Water Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thewaterclub.com/
- Phone: 2126833333x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
PLEASE CALL FOR NEW YEAR'S EVE RESERVATIONS!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Bashy
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano music Thursday- Saturday, 7:00pm - 11:00pm and Sunday Brunch, 1:00pm -5:00pm
- Special Events: Events at The Water Club are always memorable. From beautiful weddings to business functions, The Water Club is the perfect place to host your next special event, private dinner or cocktail party.
three elegantly appointed dining rooms
two open air terraces
sweeping river views
wonderful classic American cuisine
live piano music
- Cross Street: a 23rd Street and FDR Drive, just north of Waterside Plaza and south of 3
- Public Transit: 6 Train to 33rd Street. Walk across 34th Street to the East River (15-20 minutes) Walk South along the river to about 30th St. Pass the heliport and past the parking lot.
Or take the M34 crosstown bus to the last stop at the east river. Walk South along the river to the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet service is available on site in our private lot.
A word from The Water Club
The Water Club is now reopen after our recovery from Hurricane Sandy. The Water Club offers classic American cuisine of the highest caliber, specializing in seafood and breathtaking views of Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and the East River Bridges. PLEASE CALL FOR NEW YEAR'S EVE RESERVATIONS!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Water Club - Best Restaurants in Murray Hill ›
The Water Club reviews from OpenTable diners
239 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (210)special occasion (183)romantic (175)fit for foodies (68)good for groups (56)notable wine list (55)great for outdoor dining (43)great for brunch (42)neighborhood gem (29)great for lunch (23)late-night find (21)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday here and the service was amazing. I don't get to say that a lot but this place is truly a gem. The food was great. Everything was fresh. This place is simply PERFECT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014For our anniversary we had dinner at the Water Club. From the valet service to the dining experience the evening was outstanding. The food was great and the view was perfect. At the beginning of the dessert course they congratulated us on our anniversary which was very nice. All in all it was a very special evening that we will not forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A beautiful resturant by seaHeavenDined on 8/31/2014This resturant is really distinguished by its location and it's interior design is very romantic. An excellent place for any kind of annyversary, birthday, and other special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the GrandparentsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014I had dinner with my daughter and my parents. It was very scenic. We did enjoy the water view and all the boats passing by. Our server was attentive. We had the sole and tile fish entrees. I had the roasted chicken. Everything was very good and tasty. We shall remember that evening for a long time.Special Features:
- A lovely 5th Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We visited the Water Club for our wedding anniversary. It was our first time in NYC so we checked the ratings for the restaurant and booked in advance of our trip. We were not disappointed. The setting was lovely, the service excellent, and the food equally superb, especially the Fillet Mignon, which I had. All in all it was a lovely evening, not at all overly expensive and we would be happy to recommend to visitors to NYC and may come back ourselves one day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I enjoyed having dinner at the Waterclub and would definitely recommend it to a friend. Our waitress was very engaged and offered excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swimmingly GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Spectacular in everyway! The Water Club brings the best together for an unforgettable, magical experience. The service was impeccable from the moment I was seated to the moment I left. I had the artichoke appetizer and it came complete with half a lemon covered so that only the fine juice came out when squeezed. It is this attention to detail that puts The Water Club ahead of competitors. I am a vegetarian, and requested that the chef make me a special vegetarian entrée of his own design. It was well crafted, beautifully presented, and most of all, incredibly delicious. The chef, Aaron Bashy, even made a table side appearance and chatted for a few minutes! A dazzling restaurant for any occasion, including a quite night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a lovely return!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/28/2014We haven't been to the water club in years, after a couple of unmemorable meals and not quite attentive service...WHat a great surprise to come back again...From the moment we walked in, we sensed a change...The captain couldn't have been more accommodating and from the food, to the wonderful waiter and all the staff (busser and runners also!) we fell back in love with the Water Club...The food was again memorable and the service was top notch...Thank you for a lovely evening to the end of another summer...and we most certainly will return..!Special Features:
- MiksterDined on 8/24/2014We had drinks on the rooftop Crow's next and had some appetizers....loved the whole thing and will be back!Special Features:
- Only a good viewopentable12345Dined on 8/23/2014Pros: View of the water; fairly old school romantic ambience Cons: The food wasn't bad, but very mediocre for a restaurant like that. When we went for brunch, there was only one other party there. The environment is stuffy and overly formal. It is a shame we won't be back because location right on the water is great.Special Features:
- There was no reservation - arrivedHotCoupleDined on 8/22/2014The host did not have our reservation. Fortunately there weren't too many people dining so we easily got seated. We were served by three different people. The second waiter, didn't admit he hadn't tasted the dish but tried to steer us instead to a dish he already knew. The third waiter was fine. The pianist was great. We enjoyed the view, it was all very lovely and we would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarrieOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014It was truly a magical place to spend a special evening. I have lived in New York for my entire life, always passing this restaurant but thinking it was more of a tourist trap. I was pleasantly surprised and delighted with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough meatThebulletDined on 8/20/2014Two of us ordered the pork chop. The meat was tough. Maître d was told and he apologized and offered to reduce the bar tab. Very nice thing to do however another server came over And suggested we eat from the other side of the chop. But the place is beautiful and the scones are incredibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverblownTheJETDined on 8/19/2014Ambience lovely but that's all. Food way overpriced and very mediocre. Advertised 1 1/4 lb lobsters but at 7pm were already out of them. Told waiter about food allergy but he paid no attention, then took forever to replace the dish. Ignored the allergy on other dishes even after that. Waiters pompous and obsequious but didn't do the simple, important things. Overall, very disappointing. Will not return.
- Picture Perfect EveningSuZQDined on 8/17/2014Chose to take my special someone to The Water Club as it was her birthday & I wanted to impress. We started with a drink at the bar, she liked that we were able to sit on the couch nearby. The host seated us at the best table in the house - we got to sit side by side with a direct view of The East River. The view became even more breathtaking as the sun set. We started with Caviar, Foie Gras, and a bottle of Pinot Noir, all very good. For dinner I enjoyed the Duck Breast & she Lobster Thermidor. Our waiter brought us a piece of chocolate cake & two glasses of Château Laribotte, Sauternes on the house to celebrate my lady's birthday; we sung Happy Birthday to her. The service was excellent; I hope to bring her back again soon.Special Features:
- Bliss29Dined on 8/17/2014We were seated right by the water and it felt as if the restaurant was moving. We loved the whole experience. Our thanks to The Water Club staff for making our friend's birthday memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still is one of New York's finest.JerryBDined on 8/16/2014We have not been there for quite some time, since I retired and lost my best friend "my expense account". It is still expensive and worth every penny. We were eight people and the service could not have been better. The food and wine selection are impressive and the personal attention from the management is noteworthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- customer service is greatmariaDined on 8/15/2014Love the piano man and his music. Best moscato ever..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View and seafoodLuvgoodfoodDined on 8/15/2014We arrived early for our reservation so we sat at the bar. The bartender was friendly and we enjoyed the piano player. The shrimp cocktail was a great way to begin our night. When we went into the dining the gracious host seated us at a waterside table with a spectacular view. Everything was wonderful and we enjoyed a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ViewFoodloverDined on 8/15/2014Went for Restaurant Week Dinner. The food is very good and up to our expectations. The staff are nice and friendly. The restaurant is located by the waterfront with fantastic view. It is highly recommended for special and/or romantic occasion.Special Features:
- Overpriced and AverageRobertDined on 8/15/2014Beautiful view, but expensive, average food. Incredibly disappointing. I can't figure out why its so highly rated.
- Romantic and elegantmaz100Dined on 8/15/2014Lovely restaurant on a boat. The view is very pretty day or night. Food was delicious and service was great! Would come back here again on a special occasion with my boyfriend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Water Club - Water ViewLovetodineoutVIPDined on 8/14/2014We went to the Water Club for a special occasion during NYC restaurant week. I'm glad we did. The restaurant was very attractive. It was larger than I expected. It was a great day and the views were wonderful. The peach salad and chowder soups were great. The scallop and artichoke dinners were delicious. The restaurant recommended a taxi since it isn't easy getting there by foot. We took a taxi there but the restaurant attendants couldn't easily get a taxi when we left. We had to walk a few blocks and then we were lucky to hail a cab on 34th street.Special Features:
- bean0906Dined on 8/14/2014Food and service was outstanding! Beautful setting for a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant Week Menu EverSultryBlondeDined on 8/14/2014I always try a few places during restaurant weeks in NYC however, this was the best menu selection and the food was superb. Not to mention the extremely attentive wait staff. I will go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014Went for restaurant week dinner. The choices on the abbreviated menu were great. We had California Roll & Grilled Peach Salad then Seared Scallops & Hangar steak and finished off with key lime pie & strawberry shortcake. All the food was delicious. I'm not typically a fan of key lime pie (wondering now if only b/c I never had a really good one...and this one was amazing... light and limey with a delicate crispy shell). The service was great: very friendly, attentive but not intrusive. Loved the bread guy, really nice Irish lad working here for the summer. The view is terrific. We really enjoyed the dinner and our evening.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Perfect for a romantic date or special occassion. The service here was like none other I have ever recieved in NYC. The wait staff was on top of everything and we were not rushed. The food was excellent...from the oysters, stuffed lobster with crab, cavetelli with scallops, mashed potatoes and desserts. You will not leave here hungry and it truly provides a memorable experience. Drinks were excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing and datedNewyorkdiner2Dined on 8/13/2014We are a couple in their late 20s and really wanted to go to a nice place in New York for our 1st year wedding anniversary, and boy were we disappointed. The decor and menu were extremely dated, and the servers were all over you every possible second that is became annoying. The menu was so old school and overpriced, ann was certainly not what we had in mind. It was also uncomfortable being there during the early evening, as all of the servers were lined up on the upper level just standing and staring in our direction. We came here based on the reviews, and were let down by the experience. If you are a young couple wanting to go to a nice, modern progressive restaurant, then the water club is not for you.Special Features:
- What a treatPapapatVIPDined on 8/12/2014Never been there but heard great things about it. Everything I heard was true. The good,the view, the service was the best. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Beautiful Water Club!NYNajiDined on 8/12/2014The view is amazing. The service is exemplary. The food is good. Go for the experience if nothing else!!Special Features:
- magical timetravelinladyDined on 8/12/2014We loved the whole experience. I took my 86 year old mother. She had been before and remembered it fondly from when she was a child. Best Beefeater martin she had ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going backSuperNovaDined on 8/10/2014The food just just ok and for the price not worth it. It was the service that was really lacking. My boyfriend and I went here. We had a main server and he only talked to us two maybe three times. The other people who helped us with drinks or our food were nice and friendly. The main server gave off the impression that he wasn't interested in helping us. The view was great and we sat right by the window but we wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Restaurent WeaknotFlatironbettyDined on 8/10/2014The problem with many of these restaurants is they don't fully participate in "Restaurant Week." I made my reservations online through OpenTable as it was listed as a participant. However, not for Saturday or Sunday brunches like many do. It was not disclosed until I was at my table. I was put off because I had already mulled over the menu and was looking forward to the specific dishes offered on the RW menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2014Did not honor NYC restaurant week menu although listed on-line as a participant for Sunday lunch. When we questioned it we were informed it was optional! We would have tried another participating restaurant.Special Features:
- OrdacityDined on 8/8/2014The view was lovely. We were even given a seat where we were sitting in a bench style seat next to each other and able to see the water. We originally went there for restaurant week but ended up ordering off the regular menu. We ordered the Washburn oysters which were phenomenal. California rolls were better than ones made with imitation but wasn't mind blowing. Could have done without it. The sizzling bacon was delicious! Our entrees were the trout, which was excellent with a beautiful crusty skin and marinated pork chop which was a huge size and very tasty. Service was great. Attentive but not overbearing. We had a bottle of Meulenhof which was fantastic and hope I am able to find at a local liquor store.Special Features:
- DisappointingDineDailyDined on 8/8/2014Had been many years ago, very disappointing on the recent visit. Ordered a ricotta and peach salad over arugula. They failed to mention they had no arugula, so over a corn salad instead. Hanger steak was poor quality, and caramelized with molasses. The key lime pie was tragic. Would not waste the time, calories or cab fare.Special Features:
- Very BeautifulRKelDined on 8/8/2014Beautiful location and romatic. Love it. After dinner, you can also go out for a nice beautiful walk by the waters!Special Features:
- We are not in the desert anymore!satedDined on 8/8/2014What an exquisite treat for two desert-dwellers to dine at The Water Club!!! Our seafood (New Zealand oysters and Long Island tuna) had just been retrieved from the water! The view of water unbelievable! A skyline to remember! The attention and expertise of an extraordinary poised waitperson and support staff! We were able to "merge gently" with the evening in a non-rushed lovely setting.Special Features:
- FabulousAimeeA155VIPDined on 8/8/2014Amazing food and gorgeous views. Would absolutely dine here again.Special Features:
- Tasteless food great viewFoodieChrisDined on 8/7/2014Nothing , yes nothing to our food had taste . We were 3. None liked the food . We had to put salt, pepper and even Tabasco sauce to our dishes . Strange combination of dishes too like a hot peach salad; with some kind of cream cheese on top (no taste on the cheese , nor the cream, nor the peach)! The artichoke polenta was watery and needless to say, no flavor on that either . And the mahi-mahi : are those fished in a lake now? (Lol). The scallops were cooked to perfection , grab a plate of that . there are so many good restaurants out there, don't waste your time or money coming here, unless you just want the view . I gave it 1 star as I could not get 1/2 on there . The half star is for the view and the perfectly cooked scallops.Special Features: