The Water Club
The East River between 28th Street and 32nd Street
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The Water Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thewaterclub.com/
- Phone: (212) 683-3333
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
PLEASE CALL FOR NEW YEAR'S EVE RESERVATIONS!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Bashy
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live piano music Thursday- Saturday, 7:00pm - 11:00pm and Sunday Brunch, 1:00pm -5:00pm
- Special Events: Events at The Water Club are always memorable. From beautiful weddings to business functions, The Water Club is the perfect place to host your next special event, private dinner or cocktail party.
three elegantly appointed dining rooms
two open air terraces
sweeping river views
wonderful classic American cuisine
live piano music
- Cross Street: a 23rd Street and FDR Drive, just north of Waterside Plaza and south of 3
- Public Transit: 6 Train to 33rd Street. Walk across 34th Street to the East River (15-20 minutes) Walk South along the river to about 30th St. Pass the heliport and past the parking lot.
Or take the M34 crosstown bus to the last stop at the east river. Walk South along the river to the restaurant.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet service is available on site in our private lot.
A word from The Water Club
The Water Club is now reopen after our recovery from Hurricane Sandy. The Water Club offers classic American cuisine of the highest caliber, specializing in seafood and breathtaking views of Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and the East River Bridges. PLEASE CALL FOR NEW YEAR'S EVE RESERVATIONS!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Water Club - Best Restaurants in Murray Hill ›
The Water Club reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (180)special occasion (160)romantic (144)fit for foodies (60)good for groups (57)notable wine list (48)neighborhood gem (39)great for outdoor dining (34)great for brunch (32)great for lunch (20)hot spot (15)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Stodgy and old fashionedRobinVIPDined on 11/22/2014We went to The Water Club because it was our daughter's birthday and the reviews said it was a good "special occasion" place. I also love places on the water, and while the view is amazing, even at night, this place is out of sync with the times and feels very old fashioned. Too many wait staff who don't seem happy or welcoming. Our captain was nice but that was it. The service was adequate but unfriendly. Even the bartender was unfriendly before we were seated. Food was ok -- especially the appetizers -- but entrees were nothing special and definitely not worth the price. We would not return unless there was an outdoor eating area in the summer that served more casual food.
- Great Ambiance -Fair FoodEmajyVIPDined on 11/22/2014Had a wonderful dinner with very attentive servers. The food was fair. Its too bad with a great location and staff that the food quality needs to be improved. Best thing we had was a Goat Cheese and Beet appetizer which I would recommend. My tuna was cooked perfectly but very salty. Overall we did have a lovely dinner but the food was not the reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2014Beautiful view and great food. Service is excellent. Recommend not only friends and family but all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for romantic dinnerMarinaVIPDined on 11/15/2014Good service, beautiful view, reasonable prices and Lobster was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful river viewAcudoctor1Dined on 11/15/2014Have been here many times. You can't beat the view. Service is wonderful. The lobster was not up to par as it had been on previous trips but overall it was still a wonderful night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceASouthernGalDined on 11/12/2014Try the strawberry/banana flambé. The halibut was very good and a decent but pricey wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion Restaurantlove2eatoutDined on 11/8/2014This was the first time we've been back since the hurricane. It was as nice as ever. Didn't notice may aesthetic changes. We had oysters that were outstanding, clams casino - boring, crab cakes - good, surf and turf - filet was outstanding, lamb chops - also outstanding. The sides were nothing special, but we did love the roll choices. For dessert we had flambé and it was awesome. Love this restaurant, although it is expensive. Although the service was very good, we felt a little claustrophobic. They were all over us all night. A little less attention would have been appreciated. All in all, a very good dining experience to be savored for special occasions.Special Features:
- Very good conventional dinnerYannickLDined on 11/7/2014We had a blast, service was awesome, food was great, vue of the river was a plus. I recommend.Special Features:
- Excellent!dundalk1Dined on 11/4/2014The Water Club is tremendous. We had the Dover Sole and Lobster, both were outstanding. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Amazing dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The Water Club did not disappoint. The view of the city and the river was fantastic, and the food was delicious. I ordered the lobster and the seafood salad and everything was fresh and cooked perfectly. The service wasn't rushed either and you had a reasonable but not excessive amount of time between the appetizers and entrees. The waiters were also very personable and made the experience that much better. All in all, I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a nice restaurant for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular setting with good foodArnoldVIPDined on 11/1/2014This restaurant has a great location, though difficult to get to. The view is spectacular.Special Features:
- StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014The only negative thing I would say is the wait staff would stand there and sometimes stare at you, liye creepy at times, other them that the food was fantastic and the view was beautifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and great foodNiceSpotDined on 10/31/2014The prices for the meals are a bit pricey for what they are but the atmosphere and service makes up for it. Went out for an intimate birthday dinner and it was great. They also included a nice birthday dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic anniversary dinnerFoodRomnceDined on 10/30/2014Great ambience and view ! Staff professional and friendly. Food was exquisite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a birthday celebrationFoodieDined on 10/29/2014The staff was very attentive; they didn't rush us. I had asked on the Open Table reservation for a candle on dessert as it was my daughter's 30th birthday. They took care of that without my having to ask at the restaurant, and the staff came & sang to her. They also wished her a happy birthday several times after that - very sweet.Special Features:
- A family fave for special occasionsNycgalVIPDined on 10/26/2014So close to midtown yet right on the water, with tables not too close together and friendly, careful service. Celebrate at the Water Club and you'll be glad you did. We love the Crow's Nest in summer, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014My daughter said New Yorkers love their brunch and she was right this place had brunch until four it was very elegant but they did have some lunch entrée choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodCuchaDined on 10/26/2014As usual, the experience was calm and pleasant - omelet a bit too cooked, but otherwise a perfect place and ambience for me and guests. The crab eggs benedict were a winner. I will be back.Special Features:
- You MUST Eat HereLindsayVIPDined on 10/25/2014I took my boyfriend to The Water Club for his birthday last Saturday and it was better than I could have imagined. The staff was very friendly and made us feel special--and they actually read the special request I added to my OpenTable reservation (most restaurants ignore them). Not only did they give us a window table so we could admire the beautiful view across the East River but they brought my boyfriend a complimentary birthday dessert and sang to him. I would definitely eat here again, it's lovely. Thank you to everyone at The Water Club for making me look good! :)Special Features:
- wonderful as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/23/2014I can't begin to say how wonderful Water Club has been since we've been coming back to dine here..The food has never been better, and the service, from the captains, waiters, bussers and runners is impeccable..Plus how can you beat the setting? if you haven't been in awhile, try in again...Special Features:
- The Water Club, Manhattan, NYmetooDined on 10/16/2014My husband & I had a lovely dining evening at the Water Club on October 16, 2014. The portions were very large. This was our first time here so we didn't know and ordered a side of this and a side of that to go along with our meal. We both ordered steak that was perfection. Mushrooms and an order of creamed spinach was delicious as well as the baked potato. The wine list covered a broad span of variety and price.Special Features:
- Great experienceomosy1419Dined on 10/12/2014I had a great dinner, would love to come back. Food was great I had the duck my wife ordered tuna steak both plates had a great presentation, and magnificent flavors.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantExcellentDined on 10/12/2014Great experience, excellent food. Kind, competent and friendly staff. Very romantic place with extraordinary view to the river. Very fine wine selection, do take a taxi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE the Water Club!ISpyDined on 10/12/2014Loved this place! I've lived in the city for most of my not-so-long-yet adult life and have passed it so many times but never thought to dine there. When we decided to go to dinner in Kips Bay, I knew we had to go and am soo glad we tried it! The service was excellent, as was the food! From the salad to the tunasteak to the flambe! And the scenery is to die for! I'm all about fine dining, and this place did not disappoint! I even recommended it for my brother's birthday dinner at the end of the month... Will definitely be coming back :)Special Features:
- Threw us outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2014We were with friends going over fun times, time went by quickly. We ordered some more drinks to stay and chat a little longer, THEN at 11:45PM we were asked to "PACK IT UP AND LEAVE" Not very friendly.Special Features:
- ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014From the food to the service it's all very well executed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went on a whim...SeanstwocentsDined on 10/3/2014Hoping for an old school dinning experience. We got it in spades! Fantastic menu of classics with outstanding service from begin to end. Truly one of the best restaurant experiences I've had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerNailer9Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent night here from start to finish. Food, service and Wine was excellent. Had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very romanticWes70Dined on 9/27/2014Went for our 2 year anniversary. Very good choice. the quantity and quality of food was above expectedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch with a viewIntrepidtooDined on 9/27/2014Great location for a bunch or lunch on a sunny day; whilst the food isn't bad, and the service is good the view is what this place is all about, that and its nautical theme. Although tucked away under FDR, its close to the East River Ferry making it a great location to combine with sight seeing.Special Features:
- The Water ClubFoodGuy86Dined on 9/26/2014Great food. Outstanding service. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- A Classic in need of a Refresher!TheGourmetVIPDined on 9/26/2014This is not your leading edge restaurant. The beautiful view cannot compensate for certain shortcomings in the food department. I list dishes in downwards rating order: Dover Sole: 4* (Very fresh as promised, interesting tomato caper "sauce", but I would try to improve on this) Beef Wellington: 4* (Appetizer, well executed however the accompanying sauce was loveless blobbed on the side, and the watercress was just thrown onto the plate) Crispy Duck: 4* (Again well executed, yet it was still a very 60ish style) Tuna Tartar: 3* (Appetizer: Tuna was probably about one day older than it should have been, dressing basically non existing) Banana flambé: 1* (Table side preparation - a flop, burnt sugar, burnt butter, oranges not applied)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DarcyDined on 9/25/2014Superb food and service - shouldn't be just for special occassions - we find many Manhattan friends think of it only for that reason.Special Features:
- Romantic dinner, special occasionJimmypena23Dined on 9/20/2014If you are looking to have a romantic dinner night or a special occasion then this is the place great food, great service. Had my wife feel like she was very special that night. I'm pretty sure your experience will be similar too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatKkzz3VIPDined on 9/20/2014We really enjoyed everything!! The food, service and view were all amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no complaintsAlanDined on 9/13/2014Great service even after arriving 20 minutes late for reservation. Food is amazing. ambiance is very romantic especially if you have a window seat. Calamari is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come for the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014This place is like any typical New York spot with a great view -- your money is going towards the view and the wine, not the food. The food is very average, and I would suggest somewhere else if you want good food. It's good enough here, but not for the price. The view and wine list is spectacular.Special Features:
- again a wonderful nightOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/11/2014Our third visit in as many weeks was again a lovely experience...From the warm greeting from the captain to the excellent food (great lobster!) and the impeccable service from the waiters, runners and bussers...(what hard working guys) everything was wonderful..Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Beautiful ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014If you want to dine looking out over the East River, experience excellent service and delectable food, then this is your place! My sister and I visited New York for days of plays and shopping and decided to have one night out for a special dinner and someone recommended this to us. I am very glad we chose The Water Club. The service was truly outstanding, the ambience perfect, and the food was delicious. I cook amazing salmon dishes, but this was the best salmon I have ever had. Bon' appetite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy restaurantmitsuVIPDined on 9/5/2014I always enjoy the superb service and personal attention I receive from the very friendly staff. i recommend this for any occasion.Special Features: