The Washington House
136 North Main Street
Sellersville, PA 18960Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Washington House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.washingtonhouse.net/
- Phone: 215-257-3000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Bar: Monday - Thursday: to 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: to 12:00pm, Sunday: to 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Loeffler
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call Cyndi Dietterich at 215-257-3000 x207 or see website "Private Parties" for menus and details.
- Private Party Facilities: Intimate private rooms beautifully restored in the original farmhouse are available for groups between 8 and 60. Menus can be customized for your group depending on your size and needs. Please call to make arrangements.
- Private Party Contact: Cyndi Dietterich 215-257-3000 x207
- Entertainment: Sitting right beside The Washington House Restaurant is the beautifully renovated Sellersville Theater 1894. A vital stop on the East Coast concert circuit, this intimate, welcoming listening room presents an ambitious, eclectic mix of top name artists and hot new talent year round. The theater is renowned for its sound quality and the up-close feel of the shows. Together, the restaurant and theater offer an exciting entertainment destination mixing big city talent and small town charm.
- Special Events: Bluegrass Jam in the bar 1st & 3rd Tues of the month; Jazz Jam in the bar last Tues of the month. Freestyle Flights Of Wine 4th Fri of the month. Beer Tastings 1st Fri of the month. Plus wine tasting dinners and other special events. See website for details.
A word from The Washington House
The seven story tower of The Washington House Restaurant has been a landmark for over 100 years in the town of Sellersville, Bucks County, PA. Today it continues to represent warm hospitality and convivial good times. Rescued and lovingly restored in the 1980s by proprietors William Quigley and Elayne Brick, the restaurant is well known for its thoughtful service and inventive American cuisine. With four intimate dining rooms, a pre-prohibition period bar and a patio for fair weather months, it offers a romantic atmosphere of relaxed elegance. Patrons especially enjoy the carefully chosen wine and beer lists and a year round calendar of events including beer and wine tastings, specialty food nights, holiday events and seasonal menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Washington House - Best Restaurants in Sellersville ›
The Washington House reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (120)great for outdoor dining (109)special occasion (97)fit for foodies (73)romantic (61)great for lunch (52)good for groups (35)notable wine list (28)great for brunch (22)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (17)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (7)Show More
- Good food and serviceBb306Dined on 9/27/2014Food was good and well described on the menu, but not great. Pork soup was delicious and Rack of Lamb above average. Duck Breast a bit dry, but still flavored well. Service was very good with a genuine and sincere waitress. Excellent beer selection, and the old inn ambience is done just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SuperbbobfinkDined on 9/26/2014Admittedly, we eat there often because of its contiguity to the concert venue. But we've always had a great dinner pre-show. Pork dominated the menu this time. Pre-Octoberfest I guess, but without dirndels. Yet the wife went with duck breast and I had the crab & shrimp cakes. Both done to perfection. Fortuitously, it was also the 4th Friday, so wine flights were available. Four 4oz pours for ten bucks. Can't be beat! It's a bit far from our NE Philly home to be an easy destination restaurant, but we're eager concert goers and the combination of a great meal at Washington House and a great concert at Sellersville Theater makes for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencedineandshowDined on 9/24/2014You walk into a friendly hostess, made to feel special from the moment you are escorted to your table. Wait staff great, always ready to get what you need. Presentation of food excellent as well as the food. A great experience before seeing the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Washington HouseShellDined on 9/21/2014Loved it!! The food was great!! I loved the ambience!! Our waitress was very nice and really friendly. She took care of all our needs. The prices weren't real bad either. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewneedmorechickenDined on 9/21/2014Chicken salad sandwich very good but not enough chicken salad on it. Should have double the amount of chicken. Many bites were just bread. Also, we had reservations for dinner & my wife and 2 friends came in around 2 for a few drinks before my show at the theater where I performed with Gary Puckett. The girl at the desk would not let them sit at a table and said they had to sit on the side of the building even though the place was not at all crowded. My wife spoke to the manager who corrected the situation. Hopefully, the manager will coach that girl in proper manners and how to deal with customers. Again...food was good but extremely stingy. I would not eat there again unless I knew you increased the size of your sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!FreqdinerDined on 9/20/2014They have consistently good food and a friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemmrpickydinerDined on 9/18/2014Unless you've been to a show at the sellersville theater, you probably aren't aware of this great little restaurant. This is one of those great hidden gems that is well worth the trip. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014We have known about Washington House and have been there years ago. But was still surprised of the great ambiance and setting. It has been over 7 years since we were there the last time we were there. I would recommend this to everyone, it is a hidden gem in Bucks County and they made our night very special.Special Features:
- good food, long waitHiattfanDined on 9/16/2014Of course everyone was going to the same show at Sellersville Theater but the wait for food was over 30 minutes. Our server did give us bread and butter to hold us over and we made the show with time to spare but it still seemed extremely long. However once it came the food was great. Good beer selection also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, but . . .cancunleeDined on 9/16/2014I have been going to the Washington House on a regular basis for many years, mostly when attending concerts at the Sellersville Theater next door. Show at 8pm. Dinner reservation: 6:30 for 4. Let this suffice: our entrees arrived at 7:50pm , after many requests from us, and assurances our meals would be out in "a few minutes". Throughout, we were 1st advised the show was delayed to 8:10, then 8:15. We were stressed. The food was, as always, very good. It is noted that the manager removed our salads & soup from the bill and also gave us each a $5 voucher for something from the theater. Good, -- no time for dessert. After rushing eating, the opening act had already started. If not a work night and u can, go earlier and be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NanetteNanetteDined on 9/16/2014Had another wonderful meal before our show at the Sellersville Theatre. So cozy, quaint, and delicious food! Attentive service. No complaints at all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place!beeeyeDined on 9/16/2014Great place, wonderful menu and terrific service! Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FavoriteBikeDad235BDined on 9/14/2014We've always enjoyed the Washington house, and this last visit was a good example of why it's a solid place to visit. The food choices are always unique and creative, and of course very tasty- and the atmosphere is down to earth and relaxing (we like to get a booth in the bar). If you like to nibble, we enjoy getting 4-5 appetizers in lieu of a meal, and "sampling" for dinner while we enjoy conversation and drinks. It's hard to beat Washington House for that sort of venue, as their appetizers are always unique and tasty. On this trip we did order entrees, and everything was delicious. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Pre-Show DinnerOutoftownerDined on 9/7/2014While the food (appetizers, soup & salad along with main entrée) were enjoyable, we found the cocktails to be a little skimpy for the price. The glass was small, and when filled with ice, there wasn't much to drink. The flavor of the drink however was very good!Special Features:
- Great Food and a nice patio800rhDined on 9/7/2014Eaten there several times now. Have yet to get inside (that's what winter is for) really good food and delightful service. Especially great when you are trying to be on time for the Sellersville Theater!Special Features:
- PookieDined on 9/7/2014Always a pleasant dining experience. Pleased that we were able to add another diner to our group with no trouble. Food was excellent, as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sept. 7,2014 Dinning ExperiencebestDined on 9/7/2014My wife and I were celebrating my 62nd birthday with dinner at The Washington House and Peter Noones show in the Sellersville Theater on 9/7/14. Our waitress was not relaxed, always in a hurry, apologized to us 3 times: for forgetting our table bread,all out of creme brulee, and yawning in our faces at the table when presenting the check. The entree portion for pasta and seafood was too small. Table bread was stale,not good. We were not offered refills on our drinks. Entree was good but we left still hungry and really disappointed from the whole experience of your establishment. I hope this review will help. You have a beautiful building. I only wish your business all the best. Thank you for this opportunity. Brian CullenSpecial Features:
- WonderfulBrightsideDined on 9/7/2014We have lunch here when attending a show next door. The restaurant is upscale like with down to earth friendly service. On a nice day you can eat outside. I would recommend trying it.Special Features:
- Great, again!TonyDined on 9/5/2014Always one of our favourites. Bar staff are fantastic. The place is bumping when they have a show next door or a "special" on in the bar. Need to book early.Special Features:
- xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxnoneDined on 9/5/2014xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beers and wines !KismetDined on 9/4/2014Had a lovely dinner before a show at the Sellersville Theater. Our server was wonderful, made everything special and all completed before the show next door began. The Shrimp and scallop dinner was the BEST !!!!Special Features:
- FoodiesDined on 8/31/2014service was EXTREMELY slow. Could be because this was Sunday before Labor Day. They were not crowded at all. this was not usual for this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and servicedianebrittDined on 8/29/2014I have eaten here many times and I have never been disappointed. The menu items change seasonally and the choices are always great. I have never had a bad meal or bad service for that matter. One of my favorite places to dine.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantJoJoDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant is a gem. The food was wonderful, service great and the cost was apppropriate. The beer and wine selection was huge and I loved trying new beers. Wish we lived closer, but will definitely stop there again in our travels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have a good meal before the show!!CrackTheSkyDined on 8/29/2014I like to have dinner here before a show at the Sellersville Theatre next door. Good beer selection, nice varied menu, quality food, excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JayeDined on 8/29/2014This was our second visit to the Washington House, both times before catching a concert at the next door Sellersville Theater, and it's become a favourite of ours. The staff are very accommodating and will ensure that you will be finished with your meal to be in time for the show, without making you feel rushed. The food is excellent with a great selection. Leave room for dessert!!Special Features:
- Great for dinner with the show.PaulDined on 8/28/2014We had dinner at the Washington House before going to see The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band at the Sellersville Theater which is right next door. We had not familiarity with either, but it turned out to be a great night. We sat outside on the patio next to the restaurant in sight of the theater. The weather was spectacular and we could watch all the action and comings and goings at the theater while enjoying excellent food at the Washington House. The show was terrific also. Definitely a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimmyDined on 8/28/2014Had a group of ten for dinner prior to a concert. Everyone of us enjoyed our dinner. A great experience in every waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inlove with this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The whole ambiance is so romantic quiet and with amazing service. The filet of steak was like nothing I've ever had before, perfectly cooked and seasonedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrandmomjuststepNoutDined on 8/26/2014Took our granddaughter to lunch for her 17th birthday. She was impressed. We had a great time. It's nice to take kids to a nice place where they have a chance to dress up and use their manners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the placeGinger05Dined on 8/22/2014My husband and I like to go on wine tasting nights. The service is always good, the menu selections change which we like and the food is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to dine outdoors!dawn26Dined on 8/8/2014Great drinks and a good meal! Loved the outside seating! The Washington House is a nice place to eat before a show at the Sellersville Theater. The service was excellent, as well! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- stubsDined on 8/6/2014Always a great place, never dissappointed. Has history and charm.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerprestoperfectDined on 8/5/2014Everything about our experience was terrific. We were greeted by warm friendly smiles everywhere. We were offered a free appetizer, fried oysters, which my wife loved. Our entrées were top notch. To top it all off the bill at the end was friendly as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhere In TimebucksdinerDined on 8/5/2014Walking into the Washington House is like stepping into the Victorian era with the dark flocked wallpaper and oil lamps that have been changed over to electric. I much prefer this look than dining in some sterile, pre-fab, modernized, plastic environment. The service was perfect and we were each offered a glass of complimentary champagne as we were celebrating our anniversary. The menu was just the right size and the macaroni & cheese appetizer was delicious as was the salad. I had the Bangers & Mash and for the first time in the states found what I have been searching for since visiting England. They were perfect. The strawberry & rhubarb crisp for dessert was also equally delicious. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner before the show!pbockDined on 8/3/2014We were visiting Sellersville to see a concert next door at the Sellersville Theater and wanted a nice place to eat beforehand. The Washington House was perfect. The food and service was excellent. The restaurant itself is in a large historic house adding great charm and character to the ambience. We will be returning next time we travel there to see a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence in DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014This was our second visit to the Washington House. Many more will follow! The food was outstanding and our server excellent. We were attending a concert at the Sellersville Theater which was right next door. Parking was convenient to both events.Special Features:
- Great before Sellersville TheaterMomDEDined on 7/31/2014We had tickets to a concert next door so this restaurant was convenient for dining before the show. the food was fabulous! The soup special was amazing: pea soup with lump crabmeat, which had plenty of sweet crabmeat. The salad special, raspberry and asparagus on mixed greens was refreshing and zesty! Our entrees of filet mignon and shrimp wrapped in bacon were beautifully displayed as well as delicious! I would definitely recommend this restaurant with the only downside being the noise level. Somehow the acoustics in the back with about 8 other tables, are such that regular conversation noise is elevated, so it is hard to hear the other person at your own table. Other than that, the entire dining experience was a positive memory.Special Features:
- Love it every time.ZubeDined on 7/29/2014This was our third visit to the Washington House. Always very tasty! Friendly staff, clean and a beautiful old building! We only seem to come before seeing a show at the theater, but my husband and I have both said we need to make this a more frequent stop for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Always a delicious surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014I hate duck but I LOVE the corn & duck confit w sour cherry goat cheese appetizer. What a wonderful blend of flavors. Each time we go to the Washington House I tell myself I will order two corn & duck confit appetizers and just have them for my dinner. Each time I go, I find something new to try. I am now also hooked on the phyllo & spinach wrapped salmon. The salmon is so fresh. Never a fishy taste like other restaurant salmon dishes. The only other restaurant salmon dish I like is at a restaurant in Bristol, UK. If I lived closer, I would eat these two dishes every week.Special Features: