The Washington House
136 North Main Street
Sellersville, PA 18960Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Washington House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.washingtonhouse.net/
- Phone: 215-257-3000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Bar: Monday - Thursday: to 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: to 12:00pm, Sunday: to 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Loeffler
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call Cyndi Dietterich at 215-257-3000 x207 or see website "Private Parties" for menus and details.
- Private Party Facilities: Intimate private rooms beautifully restored in the original farmhouse are available for groups between 8 and 60. Menus can be customized for your group depending on your size and needs. Please call to make arrangements.
- Private Party Contact: Cyndi Dietterich 215-257-3000 x207
- Entertainment: Sitting right beside The Washington House Restaurant is the beautifully renovated Sellersville Theater 1894. A vital stop on the East Coast concert circuit, this intimate, welcoming listening room presents an ambitious, eclectic mix of top name artists and hot new talent year round. The theater is renowned for its sound quality and the up-close feel of the shows. Together, the restaurant and theater offer an exciting entertainment destination mixing big city talent and small town charm.
- Special Events: Bluegrass Jam in the bar 1st & 3rd Tues of the month; Jazz Jam in the bar last Tues of the month. Freestyle Flights Of Wine 4th Fri of the month. Beer Tastings 1st Fri of the month. Plus wine tasting dinners and other special events. See website for details.
A word from The Washington House
The seven story tower of The Washington House Restaurant has been a landmark for over 100 years in the town of Sellersville, Bucks County, PA. Today it continues to represent warm hospitality and convivial good times. Rescued and lovingly restored in the 1980s by proprietors William Quigley and Elayne Brick, the restaurant is well known for its thoughtful service and inventive American cuisine. With four intimate dining rooms, a pre-prohibition period bar and a patio for fair weather months, it offers a romantic atmosphere of relaxed elegance. Patrons especially enjoy the carefully chosen wine and beer lists and a year round calendar of events including beer and wine tastings, specialty food nights, holiday events and seasonal menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Washington House - Best Restaurants in Sellersville ›
The Washington House reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (130)great for outdoor dining (107)special occasion (103)fit for foodies (84)romantic (66)great for lunch (57)good for groups (43)notable wine list (28)great for brunch (20)late-night find (16)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (16)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (10)Show More
- Completely Satisfying LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014The service was exceptional, with our server even offering to fulfill a special drink request for a white sangria when none was on the menu and then helping a member of our party decide between two different dishes--and making an excellent suggestion. She was helpful, honest,and concerned with our satisfaction without being annoying or intrusive. And, by the way, the food was excellent and reasonably priced for the quality of the dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Bartenders and wait staff were terrific! Made celebrating my husband's birthday EXTRA special!Special Features:
- HungryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014I enjoyed everything I ordered. It was delicious! The menu options were creative enough to be interesting. Making it hard to to choose. One caveat. I arrived hungry and ready for a hearty meal. I polished off the entree I ordered and could have easily eaten another. It was "small" food to be sure. I am not typically an overrated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!VERYPICKYDined on 10/17/2014High level dining in Sellersville. Perfect old fashioned bar area and lovely dining rooms. Look foward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodevbuckspaVIPDined on 10/15/2014This is an incredible place, great events and venues!Special Features:
- Octoberfest BuffetmaryannDined on 10/15/2014We have been going here for years for the Octoberfest Buffet. The Roladen was over done but other than that, the meal was good. The service was excellent and dessert was also very good. Try it some time. We also go there for anniversaries and birthdays. It is my wives favorite place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Octoberfest BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014We went to Octoberfest buffet and had a great time. The food was great and the price could not be beat. We couldn't pick a favorite dish but we did agree that the home made gherkins were the best we had ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Oktoberfest!oldgermanDined on 10/15/2014The Oktoberfest buffet was a perfect example of how the Washington House can take old favorites and elevate them to whole new levels. The sauerbraten was the best I've ever had, the rolladen was excellent, the cheese/bacon spaetzel was a meal in itself, and the schnitzel was moist and seasoned perfectly. The beet, fennel, apple salad was another winner. Having Hacker Schorr beer on tap was the perfect accompaniment to a perfect meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oktoberfest BuffetKewlKellyDined on 10/15/2014Variety of German foods were featured and were well prepared! The pork schnitzel was outstanding as well as the raisin/apple crisp served warm with vanilla ice cream! YUMMY! Soup and dessert were served at your table! German beers were also available! The dining room and staff were charming as always! Excellent place to eat before at show at the Sellersville Theater! We went to see Herb Albert and Lani Hall! It was a wonderful date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional serviceHappyLibraDined on 10/15/2014I mentioned that I'm trying to be gluten-free and dairy-free, and not only the waitress, but the owner, suggested the dishes from the Oktoberfest Buffet that would be suitable. ALSO, the chef prepared some special dishes, minus the sauces, and they were served on a heated plate. Everything delicious!MSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal Before Herb AlpertLazGarayDined on 10/15/2014We had a great time at the Octoberfest Buffet. First time at the House. We will return again for sure. Staff excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 10/15/2014The service and food were excellent. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always,GaryDined on 10/14/2014this place just keeps on impressing. My only gripe is really with Open Table. I don't know why most times my booking through Open Table results in the reply from Open Table that this booking does not qualify for any points.Special Features:
- German foodbayernDined on 10/14/2014Went to a German food buffet and found good selection and tasty choicesSpecial Features:
- OctoberfestLovegoodfoodDined on 10/14/2014The German food Octoberfest buffet was very varied and tasty. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Nice Colonial AmbianceRobBDined on 10/13/2014We have been going to the Washington House a few times a year for many years. We like the atmosphere, the food is always good, and they always have an excellent selection of beers. I believe the cost is reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PVfansDined on 10/10/2014I had just returned from a two week visit to Italy and was looking forward to the Friday night outing with my friends. Concert at the theater first and then dinner. When I looked on the web site for the Washington house, the pictures were charming but didn't compare to the real deal. We were so please with everything. The meal selections were nicely varied for each of our tastes and the presentations were very appealing. But the actual taste of the meals....perfectly yummy!!. We are not from the area but i am sure we will be back. A perfect experience. Thanks!!!Special Features:
- great nlght outjuryDined on 10/6/2014Had a great night out the food was great. We had a special. German. Beer and. Punkin beer would go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!varietyDined on 10/4/2014Washington House is a great restaurant. The quality of the food is consistent and the staff is pleasant. The seasonal menu adds variety that you don't find at other restaurants. Thank you for a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodSteveDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I went there for their Octoberfest Beer Tasting. They had three flights to choose. We had the special appetizer bacon wrapped shrimp. It was so good. The shrimp and crab cake was very good also. We had a very good time. The only thing that proved a challenge was parking. We did find a lot down three blocks and walked to the place. Lisa was our server and she was great.Special Features:
- Better than ExpectedsoccerfanDined on 10/2/2014Went to the Washington House because we had tickets to a concert next store at the Sellersville Theater. Did not know the place but was very impressed with our meals. My husband had the salmon in phyllo and I had the rack of lamb. Both were outstanding. Not the pub food I expected. I'm not sure if the noise level is really always that energetic, the band that was preforming was at the next table and may have had something to do with the energy in the room. I did think the dessert was overpriced. We split the lemon bar-which were 3 cubes the size of a nickel and some ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming dining experienceevbuckspaVIPDined on 10/1/2014All around a charming dining experience. Historic place, monthly great beer and wine flights as well as diners.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceBb306Dined on 9/27/2014Food was good and well described on the menu, but not great. Pork soup was delicious and Rack of Lamb above average. Duck Breast a bit dry, but still flavored well. Service was very good with a genuine and sincere waitress. Excellent beer selection, and the old inn ambience is done just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SuperbbobfinkDined on 9/26/2014Admittedly, we eat there often because of its contiguity to the concert venue. But we've always had a great dinner pre-show. Pork dominated the menu this time. Pre-Octoberfest I guess, but without dirndels. Yet the wife went with duck breast and I had the crab & shrimp cakes. Both done to perfection. Fortuitously, it was also the 4th Friday, so wine flights were available. Four 4oz pours for ten bucks. Can't be beat! It's a bit far from our NE Philly home to be an easy destination restaurant, but we're eager concert goers and the combination of a great meal at Washington House and a great concert at Sellersville Theater makes for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencedineandshowDined on 9/24/2014You walk into a friendly hostess, made to feel special from the moment you are escorted to your table. Wait staff great, always ready to get what you need. Presentation of food excellent as well as the food. A great experience before seeing the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Washington HouseShellDined on 9/21/2014Loved it!! The food was great!! I loved the ambience!! Our waitress was very nice and really friendly. She took care of all our needs. The prices weren't real bad either. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewneedmorechickenDined on 9/21/2014Chicken salad sandwich very good but not enough chicken salad on it. Should have double the amount of chicken. Many bites were just bread. Also, we had reservations for dinner & my wife and 2 friends came in around 2 for a few drinks before my show at the theater where I performed with Gary Puckett. The girl at the desk would not let them sit at a table and said they had to sit on the side of the building even though the place was not at all crowded. My wife spoke to the manager who corrected the situation. Hopefully, the manager will coach that girl in proper manners and how to deal with customers. Again...food was good but extremely stingy. I would not eat there again unless I knew you increased the size of your sandwich.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!FreqdinerDined on 9/20/2014They have consistently good food and a friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemmrpickydinerDined on 9/18/2014Unless you've been to a show at the sellersville theater, you probably aren't aware of this great little restaurant. This is one of those great hidden gems that is well worth the trip. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014We have known about Washington House and have been there years ago. But was still surprised of the great ambiance and setting. It has been over 7 years since we were there the last time we were there. I would recommend this to everyone, it is a hidden gem in Bucks County and they made our night very special.Special Features:
- good food, long waitHiattfanDined on 9/16/2014Of course everyone was going to the same show at Sellersville Theater but the wait for food was over 30 minutes. Our server did give us bread and butter to hold us over and we made the show with time to spare but it still seemed extremely long. However once it came the food was great. Good beer selection also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, but . . .cancunleeDined on 9/16/2014I have been going to the Washington House on a regular basis for many years, mostly when attending concerts at the Sellersville Theater next door. Show at 8pm. Dinner reservation: 6:30 for 4. Let this suffice: our entrees arrived at 7:50pm , after many requests from us, and assurances our meals would be out in "a few minutes". Throughout, we were 1st advised the show was delayed to 8:10, then 8:15. We were stressed. The food was, as always, very good. It is noted that the manager removed our salads & soup from the bill and also gave us each a $5 voucher for something from the theater. Good, -- no time for dessert. After rushing eating, the opening act had already started. If not a work night and u can, go earlier and be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NanetteNanetteDined on 9/16/2014Had another wonderful meal before our show at the Sellersville Theatre. So cozy, quaint, and delicious food! Attentive service. No complaints at all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place!beeeyeDined on 9/16/2014Great place, wonderful menu and terrific service! Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FavoriteBikeDad235BDined on 9/14/2014We've always enjoyed the Washington house, and this last visit was a good example of why it's a solid place to visit. The food choices are always unique and creative, and of course very tasty- and the atmosphere is down to earth and relaxing (we like to get a booth in the bar). If you like to nibble, we enjoy getting 4-5 appetizers in lieu of a meal, and "sampling" for dinner while we enjoy conversation and drinks. It's hard to beat Washington House for that sort of venue, as their appetizers are always unique and tasty. On this trip we did order entrees, and everything was delicious. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Pre-Show DinnerOutoftownerDined on 9/7/2014While the food (appetizers, soup & salad along with main entrée) were enjoyable, we found the cocktails to be a little skimpy for the price. The glass was small, and when filled with ice, there wasn't much to drink. The flavor of the drink however was very good!Special Features:
- Great Food and a nice patio800rhDined on 9/7/2014Eaten there several times now. Have yet to get inside (that's what winter is for) really good food and delightful service. Especially great when you are trying to be on time for the Sellersville Theater!Special Features:
- PookieDined on 9/7/2014Always a pleasant dining experience. Pleased that we were able to add another diner to our group with no trouble. Food was excellent, as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sept. 7,2014 Dinning ExperiencebestDined on 9/7/2014My wife and I were celebrating my 62nd birthday with dinner at The Washington House and Peter Noones show in the Sellersville Theater on 9/7/14. Our waitress was not relaxed, always in a hurry, apologized to us 3 times: for forgetting our table bread,all out of creme brulee, and yawning in our faces at the table when presenting the check. The entree portion for pasta and seafood was too small. Table bread was stale,not good. We were not offered refills on our drinks. Entree was good but we left still hungry and really disappointed from the whole experience of your establishment. I hope this review will help. You have a beautiful building. I only wish your business all the best. Thank you for this opportunity. Brian CullenSpecial Features:
- WonderfulBrightsideDined on 9/7/2014We have lunch here when attending a show next door. The restaurant is upscale like with down to earth friendly service. On a nice day you can eat outside. I would recommend trying it.Special Features: