The Washington House
136 North Main Street
Sellersville, PA 18960Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Washington House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.washingtonhouse.net/
- Phone: (215) 257-3000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Bar: Monday - Thursday: to 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: to 12:00pm, Sunday: to 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Loeffler
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call Cyndi Dietterich at 215-257-3000 x207 or see website "Private Parties" for menus and details.
- Private Party Facilities: Intimate private rooms beautifully restored in the original farmhouse are available for groups between 8 and 60. Menus can be customized for your group depending on your size and needs. Please call to make arrangements.
- Private Party Contact: Cyndi Dietterich 215-257-3000 x207
- Entertainment: Sitting right beside The Washington House Restaurant is the beautifully renovated Sellersville Theater 1894. A vital stop on the East Coast concert circuit, this intimate, welcoming listening room presents an ambitious, eclectic mix of top name artists and hot new talent year round. The theater is renowned for its sound quality and the up-close feel of the shows. Together, the restaurant and theater offer an exciting entertainment destination mixing big city talent and small town charm.
- Special Events: Bluegrass Jam in the bar 1st & 3rd Tues of the month; Jazz Jam in the bar last Tues of the month. Freestyle Flights Of Wine 4th Fri of the month. Beer Tastings 1st Fri of the month. Plus wine tasting dinners and other special events. See website for details.
A word from The Washington House
The seven story tower of The Washington House Restaurant has been a landmark for over 100 years in the town of Sellersville, Bucks County, PA. Today it continues to represent warm hospitality and convivial good times. Rescued and lovingly restored in the 1980s by proprietors William Quigley and Elayne Brick, the restaurant is well known for its thoughtful service and inventive American cuisine. With four intimate dining rooms, a pre-prohibition period bar and a patio for fair weather months, it offers a romantic atmosphere of relaxed elegance. Patrons especially enjoy the carefully chosen wine and beer lists and a year round calendar of events including beer and wine tastings, specialty food nights, holiday events and seasonal menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Washington House - Best Restaurants in Sellersville ›
The Washington House reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (130)special occasion (103)fit for foodies (78)great for outdoor dining (78)romantic (58)great for lunch (57)good for groups (46)notable wine list (24)great for brunch (18)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (14)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (8)Show More
- Dinner and a showPaulDined on 11/21/2014Always enjoy coming here. Food is very good , drinks generous. Servers and hostess' friendly. Summer on the patio is recommended. Bar - large old fashioned bar- has occasional music. Popular to have dinner here and go next store to catch the show in the Sellersville Theater. Last time there we had European chicken, Salmon and wiener schnitzel. All excellent. Now in winter don't sit near the door. Cold blast is nasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealVickiBDined on 11/21/2014You can count on The Washington House for a delicious meal. Love the atmosphere and the service has always been great. The food is very good and is always imaginative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner NOT downtown!DrdlmDined on 11/21/2014We had delicious food (duck for one of us, salmon for the other), good drinks, a wait staff that took excellent care of us and a lovely atmosphere...all in Sellersville, just a few minute from home. Only drawback was sitting in the front room and getting a cool breeze each time the door opened, I would ask for a seat in the further back dining room next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special treatJsp3Dined on 11/16/2014We only get to the Washington House when we are going to a show at the Theater; it is over an hour from our house and hard to get to, but when we do, we have a fine meal and an enjoyable visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sat evening.chipDined on 11/8/2014The evening started very slow, got there earlier then our friends. Got to the bar for a cocktail before dinner and sat a while never got a cocktail. I think the bar keepers were a little overwhelmed or just short handed. Friend got there our table was ready within minutes. Got to the table and waited again for our server. It had to be 20 minutes at least till we actually had a drink for the four of us. The server staff was trying to get out all the food before the show. Not our problem, we were not there to see a show. there to be with friends that we meet in the middle of the two of us. It was all ok even though it was real slow, as soon as the place cleared out all was great. Made up for the lack in the beginning. The food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Great setting with great food! Service was fast and enjoyed the the historical value of the building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Schnitzel EverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014My wife and I greatly enjoyed our dinner at Washington House recently. I had the pork schnitzel, which was the best I have had anywhere in the United States or Europe. It was served on a bed of braised red cabbage and spaetzel and cooked perfectly. This was our 5th or 6th time at the Washington House and the food is always excellent. The only negative aspect is that the restaurant is busy on weekends and the service can be a bit slow. We just allow enough time to eat leisurely and get to the show at the Sellersville Theater next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceumzipDined on 11/8/2014This is our favorite fine dining restaurant. We never had a bad meal and it doesn't break the bank. I recommend it to all our friends and family. The fall menu is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Classic Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014You cannot go wrong with the Washington House. It served as an excellent experience for professional business this past week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!Maur1152Dined on 11/5/2014We had dinner at the Washington House before seeing a show next door at the Sellersville Theatre. Parking is convenient and free. Dining room was cozy and comfortable. The menu was quite interesting and I had the most delicious mahi mahi with whipped black beans! Who knew you could whip beans?!! My husband had duck which he enjoyed thoroughly! Prices were decent and it was just so convenient to dine there and walk right next door to a great live music show! Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small town gemDanaJDined on 11/4/2014I booked this restaurant for a special nite out with my husband without ever having been there before. We both were very pleased with the location (next to an old-time theater), parking, and especially the atmosphere and excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ReliableSams1stUncleVIPDined on 10/31/2014Friendly and considerate service, good food and a varied menu for a light meal or a full dinner. A pleasant prelude to a concert at the theater next door. Nice beer selection both on tap and in bottles.Special Features:
- Lovely Meal at Washington HouseJCcustomerDined on 10/29/2014Whenever I attend a concert at The Sellersville Theatre I make sure to make a reservation at The Washington House next door. It is a long drive out from Jersey City and the meal along with the concert makes it all worthwhile. It was a Wednesday evening so the rush hour traffic was heavy much of the way on Rt 78 causing us to arrive a half hour late, but we were still seated and served graciously. My meal was outstanding; salmon in wrapped in phyla with rice and broccoli. It all melted in my mouth. My dinner partner also raved about her meal of port schnitzel with red cabbage. The Washington House ambiance and delicious food are worth the trip, but definitely if you are in town for a concert be sure to do both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/29/2014We asked for special food accommodations and the staff was wonderful about addressing our concerns. The food was great and the service was exceptional.Special Features:
- good pre theater place to go!LizzyDined on 10/28/2014Good meeting place in sellersville pa. Diverse menu and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Awesome food, atmosphere and help... Just awesome experience.Special Features:
- Romantic spot for dinnerMattShellDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I love this place. We came here the night We got engaged and come back every year. We are never disappointed. The food is very good, the service is outstanding, and it has a wonderful, romantic atmosphere. Look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatieDined on 10/25/2014Ambiance, Service and Food were great. The staff was very friendly and attentive. This was my 3rd visit to the Washington House in about 3 years and I have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014The food was great. I wish my portion size would have been bigger. I ordered the shrimp and crab cake which came with mashed potatoes and green beans. My dad ordered the Prussian Peasant dish. I loved the history that came with the restaurant. The only down side was parking (or lack thereof). I would go back again because there are more dishes I would love to try.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceCarolDined on 10/24/2014Our party of 4 had a great time at the Washington House. The food and service were excellent! I appreciated the surprise dessert with candle to recognize my birthday.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2014My wife and I celebrated our Anniversary at the Washington House. We were lucky and WH was holding its monthly Flights of Wine evening, so we were able to enjoy a nice evening and try several wines. Service was very good, the there were a couple of notable additions to the menu that made selecting dinner difficult! (so many good choices) highly recommend the Flights of Wine night - great opportunity to try some different wines. Both the hostess and server acknowledged our Anniversary - which was very nice.Special Features:
- Great Dining & Concert2concertgoersDined on 10/23/2014Where else can you dine with the concert performers you're about to watch at the Sellersville Theater right next door!Special Features:
- Completely Satisfying LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014The service was exceptional, with our server even offering to fulfill a special drink request for a white sangria when none was on the menu and then helping a member of our party decide between two different dishes--and making an excellent suggestion. She was helpful, honest,and concerned with our satisfaction without being annoying or intrusive. And, by the way, the food was excellent and reasonably priced for the quality of the dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Bartenders and wait staff were terrific! Made celebrating my husband's birthday EXTRA special!Special Features:
- HungryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014I enjoyed everything I ordered. It was delicious! The menu options were creative enough to be interesting. Making it hard to to choose. One caveat. I arrived hungry and ready for a hearty meal. I polished off the entree I ordered and could have easily eaten another. It was "small" food to be sure. I am not typically an overrated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!VERYPICKYDined on 10/17/2014High level dining in Sellersville. Perfect old fashioned bar area and lovely dining rooms. Look foward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodevbuckspaVIPDined on 10/15/2014This is an incredible place, great events and venues!Special Features:
- Octoberfest BuffetmaryannDined on 10/15/2014We have been going here for years for the Octoberfest Buffet. The Roladen was over done but other than that, the meal was good. The service was excellent and dessert was also very good. Try it some time. We also go there for anniversaries and birthdays. It is my wives favorite place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Octoberfest BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014We went to Octoberfest buffet and had a great time. The food was great and the price could not be beat. We couldn't pick a favorite dish but we did agree that the home made gherkins were the best we had ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Oktoberfest!oldgermanDined on 10/15/2014The Oktoberfest buffet was a perfect example of how the Washington House can take old favorites and elevate them to whole new levels. The sauerbraten was the best I've ever had, the rolladen was excellent, the cheese/bacon spaetzel was a meal in itself, and the schnitzel was moist and seasoned perfectly. The beet, fennel, apple salad was another winner. Having Hacker Schorr beer on tap was the perfect accompaniment to a perfect meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oktoberfest BuffetKewlKellyDined on 10/15/2014Variety of German foods were featured and were well prepared! The pork schnitzel was outstanding as well as the raisin/apple crisp served warm with vanilla ice cream! YUMMY! Soup and dessert were served at your table! German beers were also available! The dining room and staff were charming as always! Excellent place to eat before at show at the Sellersville Theater! We went to see Herb Albert and Lani Hall! It was a wonderful date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional serviceHappyLibraDined on 10/15/2014I mentioned that I'm trying to be gluten-free and dairy-free, and not only the waitress, but the owner, suggested the dishes from the Oktoberfest Buffet that would be suitable. ALSO, the chef prepared some special dishes, minus the sauces, and they were served on a heated plate. Everything delicious!MSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal Before Herb AlpertLazGarayDined on 10/15/2014We had a great time at the Octoberfest Buffet. First time at the House. We will return again for sure. Staff excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 10/15/2014The service and food were excellent. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always,GaryDined on 10/14/2014this place just keeps on impressing. My only gripe is really with Open Table. I don't know why most times my booking through Open Table results in the reply from Open Table that this booking does not qualify for any points.Special Features:
- German foodbayernDined on 10/14/2014Went to a German food buffet and found good selection and tasty choicesSpecial Features:
- OctoberfestLovegoodfoodDined on 10/14/2014The German food Octoberfest buffet was very varied and tasty. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Nice Colonial AmbianceRobBDined on 10/13/2014We have been going to the Washington House a few times a year for many years. We like the atmosphere, the food is always good, and they always have an excellent selection of beers. I believe the cost is reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PVfansDined on 10/10/2014I had just returned from a two week visit to Italy and was looking forward to the Friday night outing with my friends. Concert at the theater first and then dinner. When I looked on the web site for the Washington house, the pictures were charming but didn't compare to the real deal. We were so please with everything. The meal selections were nicely varied for each of our tastes and the presentations were very appealing. But the actual taste of the meals....perfectly yummy!!. We are not from the area but i am sure we will be back. A perfect experience. Thanks!!!Special Features:
- great nlght outjuryDined on 10/6/2014Had a great night out the food was great. We had a special. German. Beer and. Punkin beer would go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.