The Warming Hut
207 North Main Street
Breckenridge, CO 80424Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
The Warming Hut
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thewarminghutrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9703893104x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Blissful Hour (Happy Hour): 3:00pm - 5:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch (spring only): 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Offsite catering available.
- Private Party Contact: Stacey Brooks Connolly 9703893104x
- Cross Street: Wellington
- Public Transit: The Warming Hut Restaurant is located 300 feet from the gondola and the Breckenridge Transit Station where guests can catch a Summit Stage Bus or the local Free Ride Bus. The Free Ride Bus also stops on Main Street in front of the Wellington Lot, which is about 100 feet South of our building.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Our guest may use the street parking on Main Street and the small parking lot behind our restaurant.
A word from The Warming Hut
Welcome to "The Warming Hut Restaurant" where our aim and pleasure is to serve you local, seasonal Colorado comfort food in a warm and cozy atmosphere. We strive to source, whenever possible, all the best Colorado produce, poultry, bison, beef, lamb, dairy, other farm specialties, micro-brews, wine and liquor. Our quaint mountain town of Breckenridge, along with our gorgeous State of Colorado, has so much to offer and we want nothing more than to share that with our local community and visitors alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Warming Hut reviews from OpenTable diners
- Relaxed & RomanticLala13Dined on 6/14/2014We went in the summer time, so the crowd may be different during the peak winter season. But was exactly what we were looking for, a restaurant we could talk to each other and enjoy a relaxed atmosphere. Great menu choices and delicious comfort food. It was exactly what it was called, on a chilly summer night it was the perfect "warming hut"!Special Features:
- A Night at the HutBrecknightoutDined on 6/14/2014Everything was perfect for a pre-Father's Day treat for our husbands. We weren't in the mood for a fussy wine, so asked instead for a simple red recommendation. We got a great bottle of Malbec for only $10.50. Everyone's entrees were spot-on, from shrimp and grits to grilled mahi-mahi. Dessert was an unbelievably good gluten-free chocolate cake.Special Features:
- AverageTex58Dined on 6/14/2014It was a busy night, and I think they were short on help, so I have only been there once, and can not compare it to other occasions. I'll just leave it at that.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!BarbKVIPDined on 6/6/2014Loved the ambiance - felt like we were home - beautiful decor - cozy - friendly - so happy to be here off season - the owner was very nice - our server was excellent - we loved the sausages and the leek bread pudding - the trout was cooked to perfection - the prime rib was cooked to order - everyone loved it - if we lived in Breck this restaurant would be a favorite - I could go back there every night - also a cozy bar - with vintage Life magazines - nice touch -my kids enjoyed looking at the prices from way back when! Also! - waiter was very helpful with my daughter who has celiac - pointed out all the wonderful GF dishes on the menu - truly a great place to spend a relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- well done...diner14VIPDined on 4/23/2014At this time of year, the restaurants in the area offer 2 for 1s, which gave us the opportunity of trying someplace new. That being said, it was our 1st time there. The atmosphere is quaint and cozy, the food is home cooked good, and the staff was super nice and appreciative for our business. We will definitely be back.
- FoodLoverDined on 4/20/2014Delicious food & wine list, & excellent service. Always a great experience. The Warming Hut never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming GemspacemanVIPDined on 4/17/2014We had a lovely time at the Warming Hut. Try the trout! We'll be back every time we're in Breckenridge.Special Features:
- DaveVIPDined on 4/15/2014Nice little place. Really good food and service was quick and friendly. Also, they were super nice in regard to our three year old daughter and modified a menu item for her. We will return again for sure...Special Features:
- Birthday treatTheSuttonsDined on 4/15/2014Menu looked good online and it was my choice: booked on opentable. Very handy! given choice of seating so we sat in the window. Our 7 year old 'snarfed' down the 2 cheese mac and cheese (chef held off the goats cheese by request!) and we both enjoyed our cocktails and entrees. Split the gluten free dessert. Waitress couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. Will definitely go again when we are back in summer. Footnote: disappointed the salmon entree pictured on the website was no longer on the menu.Special Features:
- Nice Addition to the Neighborhoodbreck1VIPDined on 4/3/2014Overall the food was very good. The sliders were very dry and the fish in the fish tacos was over-breaded. Portion size was great. Lasagna and Mac and Cheese got rave reviews from the kids. Excellent bread; really enjoyed the selection of Olive Fusion. I ordered the Tomato Florentine soup, but only tasted it because it was cream-based. The menu should have indicated that, but I guess I could have asked. I have never had Tomato Florentine with a cream base. Lovely atmosphere and decor. The iron stoves are a very nice touch. Pumpkin cheesecake was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will visit again.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2014Great food choices and wine list. Won't disappoint. Definitely will visit again when in Breckenridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as good as I rememberedCherylDined on 3/27/2014Haven't been in a couple years, so this our 3rd visit over some time, thrilled like the last. Great, attentive service didn't surprise in Breck or at The Warming Hut and the seasonal Colorado menu was delicious and a treat. Nice to see their commitment to preparing local and you could taste it. I loved the ruby red trout with leak bread pudding and fresh seasoned broccoli, discovered a wonderful new Zinfindel, Hullabaloo, and the kids were excited for banafi pie. We'll see you back next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, beautiful restaurantDavidDined on 3/26/2014Old home built in the 1800's beautifully restored and converted into a restaurant. Warm atmosphere and great food after a day of skiing in Breckenridge. Recommend the Ruby Red Trout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveEuropaDined on 3/22/2014We thought the food was very nice and also the wine.mbut it was very expensive, so I would recommannd this restaurant only for special occasions! The music was terrible. Modern jazz and much to loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real treatMard2eatsDined on 3/22/2014Wonderful dinner in charming atmosphere after a long day of skiing.Special Features:
- We'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/16/2014This was our first night in Breckenridge, and we were very happy with our restaurant choice. The slider trio was awesome as was the warm lamb salad. Service was terrific as well. We loved the setting; very cozy. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- warm feelingDaveyDined on 3/14/2014Each course at this resturarant reflected the decor and atmosphere. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An average experience.JMSinMEMDined on 3/13/2014The Warming Hut seems like it would be a great spot for dinner, but it is lacking. Service was poor and the food was mostly bland and poorly put together. The cocktails were actually quite tasty, but otherwise I would skip this restaurant and seek out alternate dining locations in Breckenridge.
- Warm and InvitingHeatherVIPDined on 3/5/2014the Warming Hut rarely disappoints. 95% of the time, everyting is great, food, service. The rare times that it is not great, it is just OK, but the great service always takes care of you and pleasantly fixes any issues. The prime rib is excellent and will not disappoint. The salads and soups are satisfying and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't meet our expectationsSheyVIPDined on 3/2/2014Went to The Hut based on a recommendation from others and left feeling so-so. The food was nothing exceptional, service a bit slow and we were seated in a table that did not provide adequate room for our party of 6. Maybe it was an off night, but doubt we will return.
- Best in BreckfrqtdnrVIPDined on 2/28/2014The ambiance is comfortable, with several little nooks for seating that feels private. From the moment we arrived, we experienced the staff as friendly and attentive without being overbearing. The food menu is unique, featuring comfort foods. We each had a salad and then shared the stuffed pork chops, which was more food than we could eat. Very tasty, too! The wine list has been carefully built, and includes an extraordinary selection of wines by the glass, giving us the opportunity to try something new. We have eaten here a few times, and the Warming Hut never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort Food at it's BEST !fairplayfoodiesDined on 2/27/2014From stuffed Pork Chops, to savory Meat Loaf, and a decadent Mac & Cheese....the Warming Hut has a wide variety of great comfort food with prices for entrees ranging from $14 - $28 - an affordable Breckenridge alternative. Attentive(but not in your face) wait staff, good wine selection, not noisy and easy to have a conversation, and the Pumpkin Cheesecake is a MUST HAVE....really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fine meal at The Warming HutDaveVIPDined on 2/25/2014While they had several excellent sounding entrees we could not resist getting the meat loaf. It is always excellent. I had a cup of salmon chowder, which was quite tasty. We had requested and were seated at one of the table in a front bay window so we could watch passersby outside on the sidewalk. We couldn't finish our meal so got a to-go box. That didn't mean I didn't have room to try the Hot Apple Pie drink, which is hot apple cider with Tuaca topped with whipped cream. Yummy. Will we go back ? Yes indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alrightGoodDined on 2/25/2014We visited in Feb 2014. My wife really liked the mac n cheese. I had the fish special and it was average. My father had the bison chili and it was the gamiest chili I have ever tried. I wouldn't recommend the chili unless you really like wild game. The service was nice and hospitable.Special Features:
- Outside appealing but dissapointedIkefiDined on 2/24/2014Placed in basement table, no other quest in in there. Maybe reservation came late but we where still dissapointed. Food was moderate ans so was service.
- My new favorite at BrekFancyVIPDined on 2/22/2014This is my second time at the Warming Hut. All I can say is not every restaurant in a resort town meets the standards of a restaurant in your own home city ( and Philadelphia has some fine restaurants), but this one does. We split a wedge salad, which was more that sufficient. Then dove into ruby red trout and moules fritas. Everything tasted amazing!Special Features:
- Nice ambienceSailingproVIPDined on 2/21/2014Good food. Nice to have a another good restaurant in Breckenridge. Boar sausage appetizer was excellent with nice presentation. The Shrimp & Grits were delicious.. The Malbec wine was especially smooth and reasonably priced. Will return next time in Breckenridge.Special Features:
- Pleasant dining experienceGeriDined on 2/20/2014I enjoyed dining at the Warming Hut. Delicious food, tasty and perfectly prepared. Waiter was kind, soft spoken and friendly.Special Features:
- Terrible food and way overpriced!DenverfoodaVIPDined on 2/16/2014Terrible food and way overpriced! would not come back.
- Just OKOhKayDined on 2/16/2014We were able to get a last minute reservation on a Saturday night and we were seated up front near the window. The location of the table was nice, unfortunately it was too big for the area which required us to move the table and climb into our seats. The price listed showed 2 dollar signs, so I'm thinking $40-$50 bucks for the two of us. Appetizers were low to mid-teens, entrees started at $14 and went up to $28, a side salad, $8! We ended up paying a little over $70 for two beers, two salads and two entrees. Service was pretty good too and it was nice to get into a place pretty quickly on a Saturday night. Would recommend this for a couple's or girls' night out, but not really for a family.Special Features:
- Great Service - Nice touchesMichaelDined on 2/15/2014Happy hour is a real treat. No limited drink list, but ALL wines by the glass are 50% off and appetizers are very large proportions. The shrimp was rather bland, but the elk medallions, elk sausage, beef, and all the appetizers were outstanding. The peach cobbler probably should have been off the menu until peaches are in season. They looked tired and didn't have much flavor, but you could tell the dish would be great at the right time of year. All in all, we were very pleased and immediately started thinking of which friends to bring for happy hour. The ski rack and slippers in the bathroom are a nice touch if you want to tromp on over right after skiing and grab some appetizers. just leave your boots in the bathroom & grab some slippers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Potential - but OUCH!rastraubVIPDined on 2/11/2014Great potential - awesome location and awesome decor - but come on! For 5 years now we're a Colorado company that has been bringing its most important out of state business partners to Breckenridge to wine and dine them and this was a terrible disappointment. We had two tables of 6 - the only guests in the establishment for the entire evening. The wait staff was clearly irritated by our presence. Probably thinking they could have just gone home if not for us. Food was good - not great. No energy in the place during our visit. Our entire crew is in the service business - so we're pulling for you - but you really gotta up your game!
- We booked a table online,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/9/2014We booked a table online, the only option we got was 8pm, ideally we would have liked earlier. We arrived the room wasn't even half full. Celebrating my partners new job, so we ordered an expensive red wine. When served it was freezing ruining the the flavour. Our main meal came and we did not have cutlery. When we realised no one was a round so we had to get up from our seats to ask at the bar. We then felt the restaurant close up around us, even to the extent we had to get up to open the door to returning staff. We felt very rushed and it wasn't a pleasant experience, we left at 9:30pm. Please do not take bookings if you do not wish to fulfil them.
- Wonderful Dinner!tamara063VIPDined on 2/8/2014We had a fantastic experience at this cozy restaurant on Saturday night. Our party included four adults & two children, and the restaurant & our server were very accommodating to us. Our food was delicious + our service was fantastic = we will definitely visit this restaurant again!Special Features:
- Good food great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014My friend and I had dinner and the service was excellent. They reviewed the menu made recommendations and did not make you feel rushed in any way. Enjoyed the seat by the window to watch the snow and people on sidewalk passing by.Special Features:
- Cautious but pleasedPaulVIPDined on 1/31/2014We were wary of a few negative reviews we saw, however we're very glad we tried the Warming Hut. My wife and I sat at the bar and had a very nice meal (Mahi Mahi w/ Parmasan Risotto and Elk Medalians w Cheese Grits) and really enjoyed the ambience. The old LOOK magazines from the 50's at the end of the bar was a nice touch too. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Not to miss while in Breck!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/29/2014Excellent food with unique preparations. Ambience is so cute and cozy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/26/2014This place looked so cute and was not at all what I was expecting. Our meat was not cooked properly and our drinks were weak. We sent one plate back to get cooked longer and we asked for extra shots in our drinks and they charged us full for everything. We will not be going back.
- DisappointedNstzyadocVIPDined on 1/22/2014We read the mixed reviews on OT but decided to give The Warming Hut a try. The service was friendly and prompt but the food was disappointing. To start, the ciabatta bread was dry and clearly not fresh. We had the beet and barrata salad which at $15 was overpriced. The beets appeared to be the diced canned type and nothing special. I had the meatloaf entree that was supposed to come with mushroom tarragon gravy, but there was no gravy at all. The veggie lasagna was average at best. Not our idea of comfort food.
- sorry i ate herehen89livDined on 1/17/2014Expensive meal left me so hungry I had my husband stop for fast food for me. Small, dry piece of trout, 4 tiny carrots and some bread pudding. I should have sent it back but did not.