4499 Admiralty Way
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292Neighborhood:
Marina del Rey
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mdrwarehouse.com/
- Phone: (310) 823-5451
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Raul Guzman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Warehouse Restaurant offers a variety of options, in regards to seating and dining. Whether small or large, we offer outdoor/patio dining for parties of up to 80 people, seating in our loft for parties up to 175, and smaller parties in the main dining room. The option is also available to book the entire restaurant for private parties and/or events.
- Private Party Contact: Joseph R. Martinez 3108235451
- Entertainment: The Warehouse Restaurant features Salsa Dancing every Friday night and a comedy show with Comics on the Spot every Monday night. Please call the restaurant for a schedule of other events and/or entertainment.
A word from The Warehouse
The world famous Warehouse Restaurant, serving the Famous & Famished for over 40 years, can accommodate small parties to larger parties of up to 350 in our tropical Polynesian themed restaurant. Located waterside in Marina del Rey, enjoy a beautiful view of the marina and wonderful California sunsets.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Warehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (36)great for outdoor dining (35)good for groups (23)great for brunch (21)special occasion (21)romantic (18)kid-friendly (12)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (10)fit for foodies (8)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Not badprofDined on 11/22/2014The food was OK but unremarkable. We had to send the calamari back because it was like eating rubber bands. It needed to be more crisp. We also had to send back a salad which was described as chicken and shrimp over a bed of greens but was actually a scoop of chicken salad and a scoop of shrimp salad on lettuce. It was mostly mayonnaise. The interior presents an interesting and pleasant atmosphere with views over Marina del Rey. Our waiter was a bit surly. The biggest drawback to my mind was the "music" from a noisy band in the bar. This did not blend in with the rest of the atmosphere and created much to much noise pollution. This restaurant is an old institution in the Marina. I used to eat there often. I would return, but I would first find out what kind of music was on tap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CCfoodiemomDined on 11/16/2014Service a bit slow. Didn't have the wine being offered on special and didn't offer any reasonable alternatives. We were seated back in a corner by a noisy table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visitors from out of towntownersDined on 11/16/2014We had some friends visiting from Australia and thought this would be the perfect place for brunch. They don't have brunch in Australia, they could choose what they wanted to eat. It was a beautiful day overlooked the marina, friendly people. My only issue was there could have been more breakfast items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/6/2014Enjoyed Lori Andrews and her band. They were great.Special Features:
- alittle pricey but goodlisaVIPDined on 11/2/2014alittle expensive but champagne was poured non stop, great buffet food selection, good service...cant wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great place for a fun brunchg35831Dined on 10/26/2014We had a lot of fun at brunch, trying different and wonderful foods. The weather was great, and if you like outdoor dinning, it is wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Great fishSurferBenDined on 10/25/2014If your hungry for fish. - this is the stop! Excellent salmon, halibut, and swordfish in a great outdoor settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArrivingLitheniaDined on 10/19/2014Upon arriving at the time we requested there were no tables available. We waited about 15 to 20 minutes to get our table. The first table we went to was unacceptable but the second was great. Overall we had a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just one thing...AkaFlacoVIPDined on 10/12/2014The Warehouse has been a Marina del Rey institution for 45 years. The food is competent, the servers are friendly, but it is surviving on the tourist trade. I went back for the first time in over 20 years recently, and found that it felt as dated as one would expect after so long. The decor and furnishings feel like the come from a kitsch museum. My dinner was spoiled by a trip to the men's room, which while ostensibly clean, contained an indescribable odor of death, or sewage, or a combination of the two, that caused me to have to hold my shirt over my nose. Those visiting the ladies room reported the same smell, which lingered long after leaving the restaurant and spoiled my memories of passable food and a pleasant dinner with friends.Special Features:
- I love everything except...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014There was supposed to be entertainment and the band had cancelled. I was very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alexander1975Dined on 10/4/2014Food was great great atmosphere recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice late lunch!oleyDined on 10/3/2014We arrived at 3PM about two hours ahead of our reservation, so we had a late lunch rather than dinner.` The outside seating was very nice, marina view, a bit hot but not too much so. The staff was attentive and the food was very good. Valet parking is the only option although there were less than 10 parties in the restaurant.Special Features:
- kingDined on 9/27/2014we were here for my birthday,and it was great.The food and ambiance were fantastic.I would highly recommend this place for any celebration.Special Features:
- I think my waiter was drunkKhiraDined on 9/12/2014I love The Warehouse and it's food. This time my family went for dinner on a Friday night which is also their salsa night. We sat outside and the waiter we had just seemed to be under the influence of something. We sat at the table right by the stairs when you first enter the patio area, he so so lazy that when he served us our food it didn't even bother to come down the 3 stairs, he just reached over the banister and dropped out food on the table. My mother, brother and I ordered drinks, appetizers, and each a main entrée so you can imagine what our bill came up to for 3 ppl ordering that amount of food at The Warehouse. My mother and I split the bill she tipped him I didn't. I just couldn't. Comment was left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WorldtravelerVIPDined on 9/12/2014Outdated decor, lackluster service. Nice location on the marina.Special Features:
- Dinner at WarehouseMl5024VIPDined on 9/1/2014We dine here frequently whenever we are in CA. It is within walking distance of where we stay. Always a great choice. This last time our steaks were too well done and we sent them back. We will return in spite of this minor glitch.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!ScottiePVIPDined on 9/1/2014I've been here several times, always a good experience. They have one of my favorite Sunday Brunch buffets including a great omelette bar and bottomless mimosas. Dinner time is always great as well with good food and friendly service. And certain nights of the week they even feature live music in the bar! Right on the marina so it's nice to sit outside and enjoy the view as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MHuntVIPDined on 8/31/2014Dined here many times over the years. Lately it seems not to be consistent with service and food. Maybe it was crowded and being a holiday weekend they were a little overwhelmed. I won't write this restaurant off as have had many great meals and experiences in the past, but needs to be more attention put on the food and service to compete with nearby Marina restaurants.Special Features:
- Poor selection of entreRhonnedDined on 8/31/2014Went specifically for the lobster. Restaurant did not have lobster. Asked the price for the crab legs, $51. Outrageous!! No handicap parking available, had to park in lot , not valet parking.Special Features:
- Jonathan's BirthdayFoodieLadyDined on 8/24/2014We went for brunch to celebrate my youngest son's birthday. The food as usual was excellent. We had a great time. The photographer that took pictures was very nice. Our waiter was very attentive. Although, this restaurant is owned by the same people that own "The Smokehouse", "The Warehouse" is much more friendly and accommodating to children and disabled children/people.Special Features:
- Warehouse ExperienceflopDined on 8/19/2014I took my husband to the Warehouse on Aug 19 the food and service was absolutely terrible. Steaks were burnt no offer of compensation made, I ordered a Budweiser waiter brought it out to me and said this is the last one we have > I asked if there was any type of candle lighting they could put on patio table where we were seated said yes but never brouhjt to the table the patio grounds were dirty I will never go there again or reccommend.
- anniversarysweetpotatoDined on 8/16/2014Our first date was here 25 years ago and we came back for a romantic anniversary dinner on the patio, we were not disappointed. Our server Mike was great, he's has been here for as long as we've been married. The baked sweet potato is the best thing I've ever eaten and my husband loved his halibut. We usually come to brunch with our kids, who love the chocolate fountain and waffles, but it was nice to have an adult dinner with live music in the background.Special Features:
- Oldie Goldie!LetseatDined on 8/16/2014Happy to see place refurbished with newly upholstered booths and wood tables. I had the short ribs which were best ever. My lady couldn't decide between the many fresh fish offered so went to the lobster tank and picked her entree. She also went for gigantic sweet potato which she said best one she ever ate!Special Features:
- Great food! Amazing server!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We went there on Saturday night for my husband's birthday. The food was great but what made our night even better was our server Orlando. He was AMAZING!!! Very attentive, polite, knowledgeable, just with the greatest attitude ever. He made us feel very welcome.We will definitely go back and also recommend the Warehouse to all of our friends. We will definitely ask for Orlando to take care of us again. Great server!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood or ViewndtmanDined on 8/10/2014If you are looking for fresh seafood - keep looking, this place isn't it.Special Features:
- Most DISGUSTING FOOD EVER!!JenniferVIPDined on 8/10/2014Honestly the worst restaurant in LA. The food was even worse that the horrible service. What a WASTE of money. Just do us a favor and close down…..Gross…..Special Features:
- Nice Marinadel Ry BrunchMPSmithDined on 8/10/2014Good Food. good service and Great location. I would go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/10/2014Service was nonexistence. We had to ask for a server 10 min after being seated and we had to look for our server and ask more than once and then wait for virtually anything we needed. Cutlery was not clean - fork had stuff on it. Otherwise, food and variety was good for the price.Special Features:
- 3 strikes...Yer out!!!RonXDined on 8/9/2014I had high hopes of enjoying a good bottle of wine along with a fine cut of prime rib.... only to be let down miserably. I selected a cabernet from a quite limited wine list. The waitress came back stating they didn't have that particular wine(strike one! ) so I chose an alternate selection...only to be told again upon the waitress's return that they didn't have that wine either!!! (Strike two! ) The final strike came with my entree incorrectly prepared. I ordered a 16oz. Prime rib and requested a rare-to-medium rare cut... only to again be disappointed with a medium-well cut served in front of me.... dry and chewy. This was more like a 16 oz of prime rob! Oh well.... :(Special Features:
- Note to managment....likablesortDined on 8/9/2014So sad,It was my Mothers 87 birthday and i made the plans for the family....Big mistake...The service was terrible...We had to ask for everything,Bread on the table...water...appetizer plates...lemons for the iced tea...He brought those in a coffee mug...By the time we got the plates, the appetizers were cold...When i asked what was going on, I was told they didn't schedule enough people for the day...Bad management..The waiter started to take the order,stopped after 6 orders,said he would be right back,then went off to take the order for a party of thirty...He finished taking the order twenty minutes later...The food was good but the service was very bad....Special Features:
- Interesting ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014This place definitely has character inside and out. The decor and ambiance are great, and the food is hit and miss. Our entrees were fantastic, but the clam chowder tasted completely of cream and nothing else. Also, we were seated in a booth facing the ocean, which was lovely except for it was hard to get a waiters attention.Special Features:
- The following 478 reviews are from the The Warehouse reviews archive.
- Good (as usual)LosAngelesExPatDined on 7/20/2014Went back to The Warehouse again, this time with my wife and daughter. Food was great. We opted to sit outside this time, as the sun had not gone down yet, and consequently was not starting to get gold yet. Nice view of the Marina - there was some regatta finishing up or some similar event going-on. The only complaint I would say, was that our entrees seemed to take longer that I would have thought. We arrived for our reservation at about 6:30 PM and were seated nearly immediately, then ordered and had some drinks and appetizers. The main entrees didn't arrive until about 7:30 PM. Luckily, we were in no hurry and having no plans for immediately after dinner. Of course, all the food was wonderful - just was an unusually long wait.Special Features:
- Great VarietyOdieDined on 7/20/2014Loved the food...such a variety. Best of everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!Samik81Dined on 7/20/2014Walter was an amazing waiter, he kept the mimosas coming and kept us happy...thanks Walter! Also, I made a reservation through Open Table and was seated immediately..no waiting!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2014The outside patio was a great place to sit, however, there was a table which had a gentleman that was smoking which detracted from being able to enjoy outside. Our server was not very attentive and the food was only average. Out of 6 diners, only 1 was truly happy with their meal. Finally, I indicated in my Open Table reservation as well as when I arrived to the restaurant that we were there to celebrate a 30th wedding anniversary. I understand if it is not policy to provide a dessert or anything to guests celebrating - however, no one mentioned a congratulations or any sort of well wishing to the couple which was a bit frustrating. I don't believe I will be visiting again.
- JazzyMelDined on 7/6/2014I come here every year for my birthday brunch and I have never ever been disappointed. I love this place and the staff is very friendly. See you all next year around this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tired, Slow Service, But Great ViewVeggieluvVIPDined on 7/4/2014We came here on the 4th of July because the restaurant has a valet lot and a view of the fireworks. It took so long to get our meals that we practically missed the fireworks. I realize it was a holiday and they were busy, but they did not appear to be swamped, yet the kitchen took forever to bring out four dinners. The food is not terrible, and definitely not great. Go for the view of the harbor, but don't expect a lot.Special Features:
- Good Option in Marina del ReyGilADined on 7/4/2014We had dinner here on the Fourth of July and got a view of the fireworks at 9 p.m. The food and atmosphere were good. It was a bit hard to get our server's attention, though, probably due to the restaurant's being so full for the holiday.Special Features:
- Great for luncheorn guests!EvelDined on 7/2/2014The valet service was great I had a reservation so seating was quick. The service was fast and excellent. I took 3 male guests who were very happy with the view, the quality of the food and the service. All our entrees were generous. The bread was hot and excellent tasting. The seafood and the burger were excellent. I will return soon as I live close by and eat out for lunch often. I was happy that beef is on the menu for my one guest who is not interested in seafood for fish. Lucky me!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2014you need bring back bands to dance too. 70-80s bands not salsaSpecial Features: