3833 Main St.
Culver City, CA 90232Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thewallacela.com/
- Phone: 3102026400x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Saturday-Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Michael Teich
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Venice Blvd.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We are currently working on a Valet station that will be located in the front of the restaurant.
VALET Parking: best option on the weekends. Head South on Main St., turn right on Culver and the valet station is on the right side.
PUBLIC LOT: One is located on Cardiff, one street west of Main and another lot by Trader Joe's. The one by Trader Joe's is a much bigger lot. The Cardiff lot is full most of the times, especially on the weekends.
A word from The Wallace
The Wallace is a true California restaurant serving seasonally inspired shared plates focusing on locally sourced and sustainable ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Wallace - Best Restaurants in Culver City ›
The Wallace reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (103)neighborhood gem (90)great for outdoor dining (43)hot spot (41)good for groups (40)special occasion (31)vibrant bar scene (25)great for lunch (22)notable wine list (19)romantic (18)late-night find (14)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- sadly disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014I loved the story of the restaurant....husband/wife team...the menu read delicious online...but so disappointed.
- Rude hostessAnonymousDined on 10/14/2014Rude hostess. Just what the world needs. Another un-welcoming un-helpful young inexperienced hostess who's could care less attitude and negativity stained our evening.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/9/2014the small plates were way too small for what was charged.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/8/2014I took my husband here for his birthday and the food and service were both great. We enjoyed it and will go back!Special Features:
- Great ambience and delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014I had a very important business dinner and so I picked the wallice from Yelp because of the good reviews. It actually turned out to be pretty great. I don't think I've ever eaten fine dining food like that, where everything is in tiny little proportions. The only thing I didn't understand, was how to add things to each person's plate without a serving utensil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuddyVIPDined on 10/4/2014Share plates. Food good. If you order everything at once, food comes fast and you feel rushed.Special Features:
- 2nd TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014The Wallace is great - the menu is varied and everything sounds delicious on the menu, and was delicious when served. Lots of options to suit any taste and/or restrictions (veg, gluten-free, etc.) The wines that we had were tasty and reasonably priced. The only caveat: noisy, like so many new restaurants these days - I was desperate for some acoustical dampeners tucked up between the joists of the ceiling.Special Features:
- Great for brunch!!!OCFoodieDined on 9/20/2014Lots of great choices for brunch. First time in after a recco from my daughter.Special Features:
- Great!KimboDined on 9/19/2014Great dinner! Loved it- amazing food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was outstanding!kaelspinDined on 9/19/2014I'm never surprised by lunch. A business lunch is a business lunch. But this past week I met a colleague at The Wallace for lunch on a recommedation from wherela.com. Blown away by the food. Excellent!! Wow. Just found. my "go to" spot for lunch. I had the Chicken Truffle Salad sandwich....mmm good. See you soon Wallace!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wallace-MAZING!!Annabella7Dined on 9/17/2014I had absolutely wonderful time at The Wallace last night! The food is SO unique and delicious! Fresh! Unique blends of different cuisines to make what 'America' should really taste like! The chef is a genius and HOT! And I have never seen a cooler server in my life! Great skin! Amazing hip attitude (my friend and I took FOREVER to order because we were busy catching up) and very specific food knowledge. The manager obviously works his butt off to sustain such a harmonious, delicious, trendy, up-to-date dining environment. LOVE ALL AROUND!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Culver's FinestmissmariabDined on 9/13/2014I've been here a few times with friends and it's become a must-do with out of town guests. Friday nights are usually the busiest, but we can often get a reservation at the last minute without any issues. We've also just walked up and put our names on the list. The food is so delicious and fresh. The drinks are so yummy I can hardly believe there is any alcohol in them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodNiniDined on 9/12/2014Such a varied menu of small plates, delicious and interesting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LAPhilattendeeVIPDined on 9/8/2014The Wallace is a real gem! The food was again quite appetizing and interesting. While initially dishes (small plates) came out too fast, a gentle nudge to the waiter fixed the problem. In general, the food outshines the service, which can seem uneven.Special Features:
- Hoping for moreCulverCityCJDined on 9/7/2014This is a beautiful, hip, and delicious addition to Culver City. I went for lunch a few days before, and it was great. I returned again for brunch, and unfortunately, they misplaced our order so we had to wait a terribly long time to be served. They comp'd us 10% and gave us mimosas, but I wish they did more. It didn't make any sense at all because the restaurant was nearly empty. I hope they get it together so it can restaurant that will last.Special Features:
- I love The WallaceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014Everything was fantastic. The service, the food, the ambiance, you name it!Special Features:
- Great Culver City spot!MareDined on 9/4/2014Needed a restaurant before the theatre and this was perfect. Small plates with lots of flavor. Highly recommend. Casual.Special Features:
- wallace experienceFoon47Dined on 9/3/2014The food was good and not expensive but the wine by the glass was exhorbitant. $13 for a glass of wine is ridiculous and they should have told us what the price was. Artichoke and crab dip was not good, very fishy otherwise everything else grilled octopus, carrots, caulifower, trout dip & tuna tartar.Special Features:
- Pricey but worth itbcky1224Dined on 9/3/2014I really enjoyed The Wallace. Our server suggested ordering 3-4 plates per person (they're small). We ordered six between the two of us, plus a cocktail each and a dessert to share. The total was $110 + tip, so it wasn't the cheapest, but the food was worth it. Loved: white bean jar, wild mushroom ragout, ricotta dumplings, and short rib ravioli. We weren't crazy about the cauliflower, and the bacon, romesco and melted greens jar was good, but not extraordinary. The salted caramel pudding was delicious, but we were too full to finish it. My friend enjoyed a strong drink called the grommit, with mezcal, white rum & blackberry liquor. I loved my drink, the Teepee, with Campari, chamomile, grapefruit & cava. The place is really nice but loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring a cushion & earplugs!GourmetGalVIPDined on 8/30/2014This place is just darling! Inventive food, great presentation, great service, BUT, with the exception of 4 banquettes, you'll be sitting on really uncomfortable wooden seats. My husband and I are both serious fans of small plates, so we made the long trek to try this place. We had been forewarned about the noise, so thought going early (6:45) would help. Not so much! The music is DEAFENING! If we could have scored seats outside, we would have been better off, except that the tables outside are tiny. We spoke to the manager who said he is ordering cushions, but we'll see. Ok- now back to that fabulous food! Culver City seems like the hot spot of LA at the moment, with this the hottest. Try it! There's serious talent in this spot.Special Features:
- FinallyJaz1VIPDined on 8/28/2014This is a great addition to Culver City. Food is interesting and delicious. Love coming here and trying new things and great cocktails.Special Features:
- Artful small platesMikeDLADined on 8/28/2014We tried The Wallace on a whim and were thrilled with the quality of the small plates. Textures and flavors were artfully combined. Every dish was great including the deserts. We made an early booking and will go even earlier next time before they start cranking the music. We are boring middle aged folk who prefer the hushed ambience of Providence or n/naka. The Wallace has a loud brasserie ambience when full. The food and service could not be faulted. Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LAPhilattendeeVIPDined on 8/28/2014My first time at The Wallace went very well. The wine list is quite interesting and very reasonable. The food is simply terrific, interesting and well-prepare. It's definitely a place to eat well!Special Features:
- The best lunch in Culver CityJohnnyMoVIPDined on 8/26/2014I have no idea why there is a line at the larger restaurant around the corner from the Wallace. The Wallace is so much better, on every level, it is kind of shocking. I had their brown rice bowl and I am NOT a vegetarian or even particularly interested in eating "healthy". I am a cook and I like flavor and texture. The Wallace food is just amazing. The brown bowl is exactly the kind of thing you have and then think, wow, if I had like an hour and an half to make my lunch I could make maybe make something that tastes this good AND is good for you. The Wallace is, simply, a superb restaurant - service, atmosphere, price and (most importantly) the food are all perfectly executed.Special Features:
- Great little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I took my friend here for his birthday and it was great, the server Diego was delightful, prompt and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, offers varietyLaDiningDined on 8/19/2014Cocktail, wine and food menus offer a lot of options. Portions are shareable and perfect for a group to pick a lot and lass around. The seiche was painfully slow and the food took forever to come. The waitress said she was lack us but no one wants a four hour dinner!Special Features:
- DisappointedadventurousdinerDined on 8/17/2014Nice ambiance, Servers were nice but they got two out of four of the orders wrong. The two had to wait while we had our food. all four of us were disappointed with the taste. Presentation was there but less than fair food. would not return. Maybe just a off day for Sunday Brunch
- Good for a groupninibear21Dined on 8/11/2014Went to the Wallace for a dinner meeting with a group of 6. The food and drinks were great, as well as the service. I was able to easily revise my reservation for a larger number, and was seated at my table when I arrived early to meet my group. It was fun to share a variety of small plates with others, however, I'd recommend that staff supply serving utensils when they know a table is dining in this way!Special Features:
- a tad disappointingbiffVIPDined on 8/9/2014the wallace had quickly become a favorite but the last visit failed to meet expectations. there was a loooong dry spell after the first 2 dishes were served. the flow improved but the lamb chops were waaay too salty and the fried chicken (which i love) was severely over breaded. hopefully this occasion was an aberration because they can ill afford to continue down this path.Special Features:
- very goodnicenightDined on 8/9/2014Great food,wonderful service,the food arrived in an odd fashion.not a place to go for a romantic evening,very noisy !! disappointing dessert.But will go back just to try the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeFamilyof4Dined on 8/8/2014My son always picks this restaurant for any special occasion that we are celebrating for him. He is 10 years old and a bit of a foodie already and loves some of the little bites that come in the jars. My other son who is super picky and 13 years on also can always find something here. My husband and I love the menu. I am vegetarian and can always find something delish. The waitstaff is always very informed about the menu. It's fun to sit by the kitchen and watch them do their thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and healthyMomsnightoutVIPDined on 8/7/2014I love to take my clients here for lunch! I l love the brown rice and salmon bowl!! MmmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014I went here for a birthday celebration with my parents. We had a wonderful meal. Each dish was very tasty and we enjoyed an excellent bottle of wine with our food. It's very nicely decorated, though a bit loud (not as loud as other places I've been recently, I should say). The dishes are small, but their small size allows you to try lots of different flavors without getting full immediately. Good, friendly service. Not cheap, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't sit inside!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/2/2014The food is great! And the wait staff is pretty good. I've been 3x and sat outside twice. This past Sat was my first time inside. It's very loud, hard to hear your party and incredibly hot. They didn't install the proper AC system to handle the heat coming from the open kitchen and high open ceiling. The servers and food runners not tending to you bump your chairs which makes for a very unpleasant experience. Go to The Wallace because the food is good & house cocktails are great, but insist on sitting outside so you can have a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happily surprisedluv2dineDined on 7/30/2014this was our first time here and it was amazing! we ordered different cocktails, the cheese plate, the artichoke/crab dip and then the beet salad, pork belly, lamb, halibut and ravioli - everything was fantastic and cooked to perfection. and then the salted caramel dessert; to die for. our server was friendly and attentive as was everyone else. we will most definitely make this a regular spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/27/2014Variety of flavorful tasty small plates. Drinks are also delicious.Special Features:
- lafoodie36lafoodieDined on 7/26/2014DineLA gave us a great opportunity to try out new restos like The Wallace which was fantastic. The food was amazing and the service was terrific. Will def be back as a regular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014love the small plates to share, always more fun! very good and creative ideas on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for the Hard of HearingMudgeDined on 7/25/2014While the food was excellent and the service was good, the noise level made this a poor choice for people over 60.Special Features:
- Culver City Find on Main Street!HrhtqDined on 7/24/2014The Wallace was a welcome surprise when I met my daughters there last week for dinner---right from the $6.50 valet parking right around the corner from the restuarant (at 6:30 pm when local public parking was full). Food was great, esp. tuna tartare, short rib ravioli, beet salad, and gelato/sorbet/sweet dessert to share. Service was friendly and attentive, drinks and wine list very good. Very nicely redone and updated dining space and fun atmosphere. We ate very well from shared plates, for the same or less $$ than several other similar venues in the Culver City/Helms Bakery area--including drinks. We saw several Blair Hills neighbors who come often. I understand why. We'll definitely be back and bring friends! Needs longer happy hour!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.