3833 Main St.
Culver City, CA 90232Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thewallacela.com/
- Phone: 3102026400x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Saturday-Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Michael Teich
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Venice Blvd.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We are currently working on a Valet station that will be located in the front of the restaurant.
VALET Parking: best option on the weekends. Head South on Main St., turn right on Culver and the valet station is on the right side.
PUBLIC LOT: One is located on Cardiff, one street west of Main and another lot by Trader Joe's. The one by Trader Joe's is a much bigger lot. The Cardiff lot is full most of the times, especially on the weekends.
A word from The Wallace
The Wallace is a true California restaurant serving seasonally inspired shared plates focusing on locally sourced and sustainable ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Wallace - Best Restaurants in Culver City ›
The Wallace reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (122)neighborhood gem (106)great for outdoor dining (54)good for groups (54)hot spot (39)special occasion (38)vibrant bar scene (30)great for lunch (29)romantic (24)great for brunch (21)notable wine list (21)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (2)Show More
- One of Culver's FinestmissmariabDined on 9/13/2014I've been here a few times with friends and it's become a must-do with out of town guests. Friday nights are usually the busiest, but we can often get a reservation at the last minute without any issues. We've also just walked up and put our names on the list. The food is so delicious and fresh. The drinks are so yummy I can hardly believe there is any alcohol in them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodNiniDined on 9/12/2014Such a varied menu of small plates, delicious and interesting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LAPhilattendeeVIPDined on 9/8/2014The Wallace is a real gem! The food was again quite appetizing and interesting. While initially dishes (small plates) came out too fast, a gentle nudge to the waiter fixed the problem. In general, the food outshines the service, which can seem uneven.Special Features:
- Hoping for moreCulverCityCJDined on 9/7/2014This is a beautiful, hip, and delicious addition to Culver City. I went for lunch a few days before, and it was great. I returned again for brunch, and unfortunately, they misplaced our order so we had to wait a terribly long time to be served. They comp'd us 10% and gave us mimosas, but I wish they did more. It didn't make any sense at all because the restaurant was nearly empty. I hope they get it together so it can restaurant that will last.Special Features:
- I love The WallaceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014Everything was fantastic. The service, the food, the ambiance, you name it!Special Features:
- Great Culver City spot!MareDined on 9/4/2014Needed a restaurant before the theatre and this was perfect. Small plates with lots of flavor. Highly recommend. Casual.Special Features:
- wallace experienceFoon47Dined on 9/3/2014The food was good and not expensive but the wine by the glass was exhorbitant. $13 for a glass of wine is ridiculous and they should have told us what the price was. Artichoke and crab dip was not good, very fishy otherwise everything else grilled octopus, carrots, caulifower, trout dip & tuna tartar.Special Features:
- Pricey but worth itbcky1224Dined on 9/3/2014I really enjoyed The Wallace. Our server suggested ordering 3-4 plates per person (they're small). We ordered six between the two of us, plus a cocktail each and a dessert to share. The total was $110 + tip, so it wasn't the cheapest, but the food was worth it. Loved: white bean jar, wild mushroom ragout, ricotta dumplings, and short rib ravioli. We weren't crazy about the cauliflower, and the bacon, romesco and melted greens jar was good, but not extraordinary. The salted caramel pudding was delicious, but we were too full to finish it. My friend enjoyed a strong drink called the grommit, with mezcal, white rum & blackberry liquor. I loved my drink, the Teepee, with Campari, chamomile, grapefruit & cava. The place is really nice but loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring a cushion & earplugs!GourmetGalVIPDined on 8/30/2014This place is just darling! Inventive food, great presentation, great service, BUT, with the exception of 4 banquettes, you'll be sitting on really uncomfortable wooden seats. My husband and I are both serious fans of small plates, so we made the long trek to try this place. We had been forewarned about the noise, so thought going early (6:45) would help. Not so much! The music is DEAFENING! If we could have scored seats outside, we would have been better off, except that the tables outside are tiny. We spoke to the manager who said he is ordering cushions, but we'll see. Ok- now back to that fabulous food! Culver City seems like the hot spot of LA at the moment, with this the hottest. Try it! There's serious talent in this spot.Special Features:
- Artful small platesMikeDLADined on 8/28/2014We tried The Wallace on a whim and were thrilled with the quality of the small plates. Textures and flavors were artfully combined. Every dish was great including the deserts. We made an early booking and will go even earlier next time before they start cranking the music. We are boring middle aged folk who prefer the hushed ambience of Providence or n/naka. The Wallace has a loud brasserie ambience when full. The food and service could not be faulted. Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LAPhilattendeeVIPDined on 8/28/2014My first time at The Wallace went very well. The wine list is quite interesting and very reasonable. The food is simply terrific, interesting and well-prepare. It's definitely a place to eat well!Special Features:
- The best lunch in Culver CityJohnnyMoVIPDined on 8/26/2014I have no idea why there is a line at the larger restaurant around the corner from the Wallace. The Wallace is so much better, on every level, it is kind of shocking. I had their brown rice bowl and I am NOT a vegetarian or even particularly interested in eating "healthy". I am a cook and I like flavor and texture. The Wallace food is just amazing. The brown bowl is exactly the kind of thing you have and then think, wow, if I had like an hour and an half to make my lunch I could make maybe make something that tastes this good AND is good for you. The Wallace is, simply, a superb restaurant - service, atmosphere, price and (most importantly) the food are all perfectly executed.Special Features:
- Great little placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I took my friend here for his birthday and it was great, the server Diego was delightful, prompt and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service, offers varietyLaDiningDined on 8/19/2014Cocktail, wine and food menus offer a lot of options. Portions are shareable and perfect for a group to pick a lot and lass around. The seiche was painfully slow and the food took forever to come. The waitress said she was lack us but no one wants a four hour dinner!Special Features:
- DisappointedadventurousdinerDined on 8/17/2014Nice ambiance, Servers were nice but they got two out of four of the orders wrong. The two had to wait while we had our food. all four of us were disappointed with the taste. Presentation was there but less than fair food. would not return. Maybe just a off day for Sunday Brunch
- Good for a groupninibear21Dined on 8/11/2014Went to the Wallace for a dinner meeting with a group of 6. The food and drinks were great, as well as the service. I was able to easily revise my reservation for a larger number, and was seated at my table when I arrived early to meet my group. It was fun to share a variety of small plates with others, however, I'd recommend that staff supply serving utensils when they know a table is dining in this way!Special Features:
- a tad disappointingbiffVIPDined on 8/9/2014the wallace had quickly become a favorite but the last visit failed to meet expectations. there was a loooong dry spell after the first 2 dishes were served. the flow improved but the lamb chops were waaay too salty and the fried chicken (which i love) was severely over breaded. hopefully this occasion was an aberration because they can ill afford to continue down this path.Special Features:
- very goodnicenightDined on 8/9/2014Great food,wonderful service,the food arrived in an odd fashion.not a place to go for a romantic evening,very noisy !! disappointing dessert.But will go back just to try the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeFamilyof4Dined on 8/8/2014My son always picks this restaurant for any special occasion that we are celebrating for him. He is 10 years old and a bit of a foodie already and loves some of the little bites that come in the jars. My other son who is super picky and 13 years on also can always find something here. My husband and I love the menu. I am vegetarian and can always find something delish. The waitstaff is always very informed about the menu. It's fun to sit by the kitchen and watch them do their thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and healthyMomsnightoutVIPDined on 8/7/2014I love to take my clients here for lunch! I l love the brown rice and salmon bowl!! MmmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014I went here for a birthday celebration with my parents. We had a wonderful meal. Each dish was very tasty and we enjoyed an excellent bottle of wine with our food. It's very nicely decorated, though a bit loud (not as loud as other places I've been recently, I should say). The dishes are small, but their small size allows you to try lots of different flavors without getting full immediately. Good, friendly service. Not cheap, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't sit inside!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014The food is great! And the wait staff is pretty good. I've been 3x and sat outside twice. This past Sat was my first time inside. It's very loud, hard to hear your party and incredibly hot. They didn't install the proper AC system to handle the heat coming from the open kitchen and high open ceiling. The servers and food runners not tending to you bump your chairs which makes for a very unpleasant experience. Go to The Wallace because the food is good & house cocktails are great, but insist on sitting outside so you can have a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happily surprisedluv2dineDined on 7/30/2014this was our first time here and it was amazing! we ordered different cocktails, the cheese plate, the artichoke/crab dip and then the beet salad, pork belly, lamb, halibut and ravioli - everything was fantastic and cooked to perfection. and then the salted caramel dessert; to die for. our server was friendly and attentive as was everyone else. we will most definitely make this a regular spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 7/27/2014Variety of flavorful tasty small plates. Drinks are also delicious.Special Features:
- lafoodie36lafoodieDined on 7/26/2014DineLA gave us a great opportunity to try out new restos like The Wallace which was fantastic. The food was amazing and the service was terrific. Will def be back as a regular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014love the small plates to share, always more fun! very good and creative ideas on the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for the Hard of HearingMudgeDined on 7/25/2014While the food was excellent and the service was good, the noise level made this a poor choice for people over 60.Special Features:
- Culver City Find on Main Street!HrhtqDined on 7/24/2014The Wallace was a welcome surprise when I met my daughters there last week for dinner---right from the $6.50 valet parking right around the corner from the restuarant (at 6:30 pm when local public parking was full). Food was great, esp. tuna tartare, short rib ravioli, beet salad, and gelato/sorbet/sweet dessert to share. Service was friendly and attentive, drinks and wine list very good. Very nicely redone and updated dining space and fun atmosphere. We ate very well from shared plates, for the same or less $$ than several other similar venues in the Culver City/Helms Bakery area--including drinks. We saw several Blair Hills neighbors who come often. I understand why. We'll definitely be back and bring friends! Needs longer happy hour!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- did not love itgggggghhhhDined on 7/20/2014Service was great! Drinks were small. Food had delicious ingredients, but it was either too salty or too boring. Disappointed overall.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/19/2014Love love loved the Wallace! The food was superb, appetizers, mains and desserts.... Great cocktails and interesting wines. Good job all round!Special Features:
- Ambition RealizedEricVIPDined on 7/19/2014The menu looked a little too smart for its own good, and while I don't mind "small plates" myself, my dining companion hates them. But we were both really impressed with the food we ordered. Just a wonderful experience and I would go back again. Hard call between this restaurant and Lukshon, but I now have two choices in Culver City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealChowHoundVIPDined on 7/18/2014I came with a group of 9. The food was amazing even the Dine LA Restaurant week prix fix menu.Special Features:
- Bright and AiryChrissyDined on 7/18/2014Great atmosphere, but the menu needs some work. It's very light on vegetarian selections (at least at lunch), and extremely limited appetizer/small plates/shareables (only sweet potatoes and salty cod fritters). Great location, though, and fab service. It has super potential as a business lunch spot, but it isn't there yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/15/2014Very creative take on American classics and a fantastic specialty cocktail menu. Highlights - Dine LA flank steak with fried bone marrow. Cooked perfectly and the rub on the meat had a nice kick. Little gem salad with bacon, blue cheese and buttermilk dressing - absolutely delicious. The popovers, cauliflower and ricotta small plates are incredible. The Wallace is now one of our favorite restaurants. Oh! And the waiter we had was out of this world! He was incredibly professional, on point with is recommendations and timing and did not skip a beat. If the food wasn't as delicious as it is, I would still recommend coming here just for the excellent service!Special Features:
- Must go!PregoDined on 7/11/2014I've noticed the small plates or tapas style dinner composition has been growing increasingly popular, and after my meal at the Wallace I'm further convinced that's the best way to eat! Every dish was fantastic and packed with incredible flavor combinations- the popover, soft shell crab, flatiron steak, and cauliflower were my standouts of the evening, which I finished off with a decadent piece of almond cake. Great atmosphere and style- very highly recommend trying it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodiFoodDined on 7/10/2014Scallops were just amazing! We tried everything on the menue. We needed a larger table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too many flavors at oncecarolrDined on 7/7/2014Very mixed experience. My friends had scallops and octopus and they were thrilled with their meals, found them very tasty. We shared a salad (forgot what it's called, mixed greens with farmers market veggies) that sounded delicious but there were a lot of competing flavors and way too much radish for me. We also shared an eggplant dish that was delicious. My halibut was way too salty and again there were way too many flavors going on to really be able to enjoy it. For dessert we had an almond cake with brown sugar crumble and a peach sauce - it was very good. I would go back one more time and try different things ...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food on Main StreetLovesFoodDined on 7/6/2014Pleasant space outdoors and in with tapas style dishes. Everything we chose was well prepared with fresh ingredients. The menu selection provides a lot of variety and a good selection of vegetables. We ordered the duck rillettes, which was paired with just a bit of goat cheese and fig jam. The Shrimp and Chickpea pancake was outstanding, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. We also enjoyed the Salt Cod fritters and the Indian eggplant. The dessert, Salty Caramel Pudding,was a perfect finish to a perfect meal. 4 dishes and a shared dessert served 2 hungry diners well. Nice beer, cocktail ans wine selection. Service was friendly and prompt. If you want a quieter spot, outside is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!KLH33Dined on 7/2/2014This was our second time here, brought my entire office here for an outing. Great food and great drinks! Definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food4ThoughtFood4thoughtVIPDined on 6/28/2014A great place to have brunch in Downtown Culver City. The flat iron steak and pork belly hash were particularly good and be sure to try the lemon ricotta fritters. The Morning Sex cocktail was also a favorite at our table. I will definitely be coming back to try out their dinner menu.Special Features: