The Vineyard Wine Bar
142 N. Washington St.
Havre De Grace, MD 21078Neighborhood:
Havre De Grace
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
The Vineyard Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thevineyardwinebar.com/
- Phone: 4435022551x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Wednesday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm
After 5pm must be 16 years old or older.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Jarrod 4435022551x
A word from The Vineyard Wine Bar
Located amidst the antique shops, art galleries, bed & breakfasts, and marinas of Havre de Grace, The Vineyard Wine Bar is a convenient stop for a glass of wine, a light lunch or a rewarding dinner. Showcasing values from around the world and offering interesting and unique grape varietals, from Aglianico to Zinfandel. Our Bistro Menu offers an exciting array of tapas, light and healthy salads, “Flatbreads”, assorted fresh pate, an extensive selection of artisanal cheeses, and specialty desserts…all designed to accompany the great wine selection. Coupled with the wine bar, our retail shop offers an assortment of over 300 fine wines from around the world, specializing in wines that over deliver for the price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Vineyard Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Havre De Grace ›
The Vineyard Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (63)neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (46)special occasion (33)romantic (29)great for lunch (23)great for outdoor dining (21)good for groups (16)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Our table for 4 people was too small. more that one larger table for 4 guests would be much better.Special Features:
- Exceptional Food, Wine, & Service!SoutherngalDined on 10/10/2014Still one of my favorite places to eat... The Vineyard Wine Bar never disappoints! There's a new Fall menu, and the roasted golden and red beet salad was wonderful! My favorite of all... The Salmon Wellington - was perfect! Great wine selection... Spann Vineyards Mo Jo. Thanks to Joe and the outstanding Vineyard Staff for another memorable evening.Special Features:
- delightfulchardonnayDined on 10/5/2014we love to visit this venue because it is very relaxing.. the staff is extremely knowledgeable about the food and the wines. it is a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2014The Vineyard Wine Bar is one of our favorites. GREAT Food, AWESOME Wine, and Joe the Owner knows you by name and takes time to chat with you. The Service is wonderful we LOVE going here!Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014the food was fabulous and it was nice and quiet so you could spend time talking with friends. The waitstaff was super friendly and knowledgeable about the food and wine.Special Features:
- Knowledgeable server. Great wines.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2014Our server, Rob, was knowledgeable and helpful in wine selections. Rather than just say, "I liked that one better," he differentiated wines of the same region by their qualities in a way that made it easier to decide which we would like better. The food was good, but not especially memorable, and the wine list was extensive (more than 80 choices).Special Features:
- YumfussyfoodyDined on 9/21/2014Our favorite place to gather and relax with food and wine.....once again a terrific experience. And about our luncheon food, simply YUM.Special Features:
- MooseDined on 9/20/2014I have been to the vineyard many times. The food, service and wines are outstanding!Special Features:
- Great Lunch...Terrific WinesWineDineBikeVIPDined on 9/17/2014My sisters and I celebrate birthdays by meeting in historic towns to tour, dine and shop. What a great find in Havre de Grace MD! We all highly recommend The Vineyard Wine Bar for the food, wine, cordial atmosphere, and service. Wish we lived closer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceBatmanVIPDined on 9/8/2014Went for lunch and it was excellent. Very large wine selection and very good food.Special Features:
- 50 min wait for foodUpsetcustomerDined on 9/5/2014We came here on a recommendation because it was our first date night in a while after finally getting a babysitter and were really excited to be there. The entire staff was obviously distracted by an event outside and in the side room and their 'regular' customers, that they treated us like we did not matter. The wait for the main course was 50+ mins. No manager ever came over, even though he clearly saw us upset. 1 of 2 entrees, ahi tuna, required no cooking, the other came out burnt. For the $ of the final check, we should have not left hungry, sober, or upset. Maybe we caught them on a bad night because it did have a nice atmosphere, however we will not be coming back to find out. A manager visit would have gone a long way.Special Features:
- greatfoodwineDined on 8/30/2014A great destination restaurant...one of the main reasons for visiting Harve de Grace...very friendly owners & staff...great tapas & they have their own wine retail storr!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner I Can RememberFoodieIRDined on 8/23/2014I made a reservation for 2 and then needed to up it to 4. There were no tables, but the staff reserved us seats at the bar. I would highly recommend sitting at the bar. The waiter was outstanding. He was extremely knowledgeable about the wine list and made great suggestions for both the wine and the food. They offer "tastes" of wine for a much reduced cost if you want to try different things out. The Salmon Wellington was amazing as were the desserts. I can't recommend this restaurant enough. If I had one complaint it would be that there aren't enough tables; make your reservations early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Adult MealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014We always take visitors here. Love the wine selection and sharing small plates. Especially love the pate!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerMymoejoeDined on 8/16/2014Service was great from the minute we hit the door. Our server Brandi was very attentive. This sit has an extensive wine selection with great ambiance. Complimentary champagne for our anniversary. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedLeahADined on 8/8/2014Loved The Vineyard each time we visited. Amazing food - if you like small plates, you will like the food here. All employees are knowledgable about the wine and the food which is a big bonus. Will go back, of course, and would always recommend! Hidden gem :)Special Features:
- Best in Maryland and DCWilliamVIPDined on 8/8/2014I work in Georgetown and live in Havre de Grace. I frequent DC restaurants--perhaps as many as 50 DC restaurants annually on OPENTABLE. The Vineyard is the best of the best. Reasonably priced, expertise in wine, helpful servers and charming owners. This is a destination restaurant for all of Maryland and worth the drive. My wife and I enjoy the tasting portions. They are small portions but we recently had three different whites and reds. Afterwards we were able to take some bottles home. How many times have you been in the wine/liquor store and reviewed the offerings without knowing what you are buying? The Vineyard solves that problem. Huge selection of wine personally chosen by the in the know owners. Excellent service and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine barWINETRAVELERDined on 8/8/2014If you never went to a wine bar before, you are missing a unique experience. The food at this restaurant is wonderful. The menu is a Tapas style but enough food for 2 people to share each plate. You will not be disappointedin the atmosphere, the wine and definitely not the food. It is great for a special occasion, meeting friends for wine and a lite bite to eat or even a girls nightout. The area is very safe and parking is definitely not a problem. There are no negative sides to this wine bar/restaurant. Do not wait make a reservation for your next adventure and make it The Vineyard Wine Bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vineyard wine barLuv2dineDined on 8/4/2014A relaxing and intimate dining experience for couples or friends to enjoy a glass of wine and light fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!beryl1221VIPDined on 8/2/2014We have been here one other time, and enjoyed it so much we returned. The food is amazing--we had the crab salad, steak flatbread, cheese plate, salmon wellington, and shrimp skewers. The food came out appropriately timed, hot or cold as it needed, and our server was perfect. He anticipated our needs but was never intrusive. Their prices on the wines are very fair and allows us to try ones we normally would not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite special occasion spot!BillDined on 8/2/2014Great place to sample many kinds of wines by the glass... Plates are the perfect portion (not too big, not too small). It's a bit expensive but not unreasonable. Vegetarian selections are a bit lacking though.Special Features:
- layout of restaurantshirlbacDined on 8/1/2014Loved the food. Waitress was great but seemed to be in such a hurry anorbit the right personality for the setting. She was always there to check on us. Maybe a little too much. The high bar tableus were not cozy and the tables were too close together. In your back room lounge I would put some sort of dividers between the sitting areas. Even if it was just a large plant. There was no privacy in that area. It is a very nice restaurant and would come back for the food and wine. But the seating use a touch of improving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CommishDined on 7/28/2014A unique dining experience. Simplistic sophistication.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 80 wines by the glass!WineguyVIPDined on 7/21/2014Pair that with great food and a nice decor. Great place.Special Features:
- Always a good meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014We love eating here when we have a sitter. The pate is delicious and we always try a new wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!JoeMDined on 7/19/2014This was my second time eating at the Vineyard, and it really is a fantastic restaurant with great food, an excellent wine list and wonderful, helpful and knowledgeable staff. I will be sure to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful eveningpdmtDined on 7/19/2014Four of us dined outside on a lovely summer evening. Our waiter was exceptional -- friendly and personable and knowlegeable about the menu and wine list. The latter truly a skill as they have an extensive wine list. The wines were well-priced too with most bottles in the $20 and $30 range plus offered by the glass or as a 3 oz. pour. It's a good place to try something you might not have tried before (or for wine novices). The menu is touted as small plates but we found the portions to be generous and more like a la carte than tapas. We were very pleased with our choice of restaurants! Note: They also sell the wines by the bottle for a bit less than on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding wine and foodRKS612VIPDined on 7/18/2014Happened upon this charming restaurant and was thrilled with the wine, food and friendly service. Small plate selection, creativity and flavors were extraordinary. Loved every bite and every sip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Find!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014Wines we ordered were excellent, as well as the extensive selection. Food was great, would have earned a five, in my mind, if the food were more flavorful. The flat breads and small plates were what needed some fresh spices and/or herbs. The flavors they have in their descriptions couldn't be identified, but if they were more pungent it would have been outstanding. The salads were outstanding and did deserve a five star, especially the watermelon salad, exactly as described on the menu and you could taste the flavors very well. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014We visited The Vineyard Wine Bar last year with friends and were very impressed. When cruise friends from York, PA wanted a suggestion of a place to meet up with good wine, food, and service, there wasn't a seconds hesitation in recommending The Vineyard Wine Bar. This year we again selected the same local wine, but tried some other offerings off the menu. The salads and flat breads were just excellent. Presentation is just unbelievable. The service was the same superior level as the wine and food. You will have to really look to find a better place for wine, food, service and atmosphere. I would think it prudent to make a reservation to avoid disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasantgirlrunner123Dined on 6/28/2014Had a very good meal at the Vineyard Wine Bar. Our server, Brandi, was helpful and knowledgeable. There were so many wines to pick from, I am glad that they served 3 oz tastings, so we ordered 8 of those and got to sample some wines that we wouldn't normally order. I am a vegan, so I had two salads to choose from. There were no appetizers, desserts or entrees that were vegan, and there is a note on the menu saying that the chef will not make substitutions, so I didn't attempt to try to order anything that wasn't on the menu. My friend had an appetizer, entree and dessert that were beautifully presented and he said they were were delicious. We also got on the waiting list for the wine club and we'll definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 159 reviews are from the The Vineyard Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Wonderful food!tempichangesDined on 6/23/2014Absolutely fantastic meal - wouldn't have changed anything about the meal or the wine.Special Features:
- Out of the wayOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/14/2014We took a 40 minute drive on the recommendation of a friend..and defiantly worth the drive! The wine list is unbelievabl and everyone enjoyed there food! No one left unhappy!Special Features:
- A Must MD DestinationKCGaulDined on 6/14/2014The place is quaint yet vibrant. Fantastic Food and Phenomenal Wine List. A Must for Foodies &/or Wine Lovers !!!Special Features:
- Enjoyable as alwayswinendineDined on 6/8/2014We had another excellent meal. Meat, some of us had lamb and others filet mignon, was perfectly grilled to warm rare. It is important to note for those who have not dined at the Vineyard that the portions are small which I enjoy. However, it is not what everyone expects particularly in this time of excessive portions. Service was very attentive but not intrusive. The restaurant focuses on being a wine bar and has the feel of a cozy neighborhood establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Havre de Grace's FinestLuv2DineDined on 6/7/2014The food selection, service, ambiance, friendly staff, and wine/beer selections make this a great place to frequent. One of our favorite places to eat and socialize.Special Features:
- BrunchaliciouskingfestDined on 6/7/2014Went for lunch with a group of nine. Staff was very accommodating and attentive. We were in wine room with couches, easy chair and padded stools - very relaxing. Flatbreads and salads were excellent as well as wine selection and presentation. Definitely will return when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dateDrYoDined on 5/28/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here. We had a wonderfully romantic lunch served to us by a wonderful young lady, Brandy. We ate gourmet food, sipped great wine, listened to smooth jazz coming through the speakers, and were educated on wine's ins and outs. We spent over 2 hours there and could've spent more due to the European style seating. Incredible atmosphere. Intimate. Perfect for our day date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best resturant ever!Emsmh2Dined on 5/24/2014This was my second time at this resturant, and once again everything was fantastic. The food was great! Huge wine list, and the wine is also very good. I recommend that you try this resturant right away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014We were a party of 4 last Sat night. The restaurant was crowded when we arrived. We were seated as soon as i gave the hostess my name. I made the reservation 30 minutes prior to arriving. So glad i did. Dinner was great. i will however say that the table we were seated at was too small for 4 of us. Table top was too small for drinks and plates for a party of 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.