1072 Oasis Road
Touchet, WA 99360Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://cameoheightsmansion.com/the-vine
- Phone: 5093940211
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 9:00am - 9:30am.
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 8:30pm.
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fondue, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Nathan Carlson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: No
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Group Seating 6+ for groups. Wine flighted or tasting dinners. Private dining for two in mansion suites with reserved rooms. Romantic fondue dinners may be ordered 3 days in advance. See the Cameo Heights Mansion website for details. Indicate Fondue dinner and selections on reservation.
- Private Party Contact: J Alan 5093940211
- Special Events: Romantic fondue dinners for two may be ordered 3 days in advance. Check out our website for menu choices and indicate Fondue dinner and selections when making your reservation.
A word from The Vine
The Vine, is an exclusive on-site chef's table restaurant of the elegant Cameo Heights Mansion Bed and Breakfast. The Vine features fine cuisines for the discerning guest. Currently The Vine is serving Prix-Fixe 7-8 course dinners with diverse choices of rib eye, other red meats, game hen, duck, lamb , port, chicken, halibut, wild king salmon, sea bass, pasta, appetizers, artisan breads, the best of local produce, and hand-made desserts. Signature romantic Fondue dinners for two are available for special occasions, with advance notice. Our wine menu is an unparalleled selection of award winning local wines. The Vine offers white tablecloth dining to all their B&B guests and the outside public by reservation, in an vineyard setting with panoramic views. Dinner at The Vine is a highly sensory encounter in taste, service, and ambiance!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Vine - Best Restaurants in Touchet ›
The Vine reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (9)special occasion (8)scenic view (8)fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (6)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- exceptional!cassDined on 8/6/2014This restaurant was amazing! The food was so delicious and the presentation was beautiful with each course!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bit dissappointedFoodluvrDined on 7/26/2014Was surprised the 'outside dinning' overlooked the valley, and right above the B&B's pool and hot tub, with guests in it. With multi course meals I expect small portions with big flavor. This missed the mark. The chilled cucumber soup was terribly over salted, the ceviche was just a bay shrimp tower with layered shrimp and avocado, such a basic prep . The lamb seasoned great but by then , 2 hours into the meal it was dark and the one candle was no help. By far the most disappointing part of this experience was the flies. I thought maybe it was just because we are outside and within sight of a field of cows but the next morning at breakfast inside was actually worse. 5 of the annoying little buggers seems to really like our table.Special Features:
- Good, but not greatpickyDined on 7/4/2014Fine if you are staying at CHM, but it is located 25 miles west of Walla Walla and not very convenient. Food was good, view from deck was nice. Music was tired.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/4/2014Our meal at the Vine was fantastic. An elegant experience in a spectacular setting--and unusual in the gravel road you have to drive to get to the Mansion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special ExperienceSpecialOccasionDined on 7/1/2014My husband and I enjoyed the experience of dining at The Vine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the effort to findBoisemanDined on 6/18/2014very unrushed first class service. great scenery and food. the meal was well paced, the food was very tasty overall made for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 124 reviews are from the The Vine reviews archive.
- Wonderful Experience!BreeDined on 5/17/2014This was my 3rd time visiting The Vine. Twice for dinner and once for breakfast. Every meal has been incredibly delicious! My husband and I ate at The Vine the 1st time during a visit he surprised me with for my birthday in Feb. We stayed overnight at Cameo Heights and enjoyed dinner and breakfast at The Vine. Then we went back just this past weekend to celebrate our 9 yr wedding anniversary and had dinner. What a treat! We enjoyed a 7-course meal that was perfect! We love celebrating special events at The Vine and would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely dinner2dinersDined on 5/7/2014The dinner was wonderful and we could move outdoors to dine al fresco. Chef Nathan took the time to describe each deliciously prepared course. The staff was so friendly and accommodating, including the dog (Dolly)Special Features:
- xxxxVIPDined on 5/2/2014We had the most relaxing and enjoyable dinner. The wine pairing was perfect. We will definitely go back on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014I really like the atmoshere in the dining room with the kitchen open to the dining room. The chef not only took our order, but cooked an awesome meal and served us. The food was very good, imaginative, well paired with wine, and beautifully presented. When the chef heard that it was my birthday, he added a "Happy Birthday" message in chocolate on my dessert plate. It was a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic HeavenfamilysettledDined on 4/17/2014We went for our 10 year anniversary, looking for a night away from the kids with a special flare! It was perfect! We did the Fondue dinner, and had fun dipping our feast, relaxing and talking. The atmosphere peaceful and quiet. The service superb... our drinks were well tended, but we did not feel hovered over! Definitely a place to make memories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swiss Fondue in Washington!SherriDined on 4/5/2014Two couples delighted on a Swiss Fondue Meal for 4. Delicious meal with great ambience. Service was fine, but the staff looked tired and had the attitude of "you are just another customer." Perhaps it was a long weekend for the staff. Yet this family owned restaurant won us over with their charming atmosphere and quiet eating rooms with soft, romantic music that whispered in the background; an essential for us. YES, we would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinner at a top B&B locale.FergieDined on 3/19/2014Wonderful food and presentation at a lovely Bed and Breakfast-the Cameo Heights in Walla Walla area. Great hosts and chef. The experience had a personal touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous, even with dietary needsSweetsterDined on 3/15/2014I am extremely lactose intolerant. When making the reservations, I was asked about dietary needs. An appetizer was specially prepared and waiting for me and they were able to make substitutions for the other courses that worked well for me. There was even a dessert prepared that wasn't on the menu. I seldom am able to have a dessert at a restaurant due to butter or cream being in all of them. The food was beautiful, creative and delicious. We did order the 7 course pre fixe with wine pairing. Portion sizes and the pacing of the courses were just right. I am looking forward to returningI would recommend this to a friend.
- Most impressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014My husband and I just went to the Vine for a romantic getaway. We for sure have never in our lives experienced food that amazing! The 7 course meal was surprising in an awesome way and we still are talking about the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 StarWazzuMarkDined on 1/24/2014The Vine is a destination restaurant.....if you stay at Cameo Heights Mansion it is a must for dinner. Several years ago we were there and had the fondue dinner and that was a fun meal. This time we did the 7 course meal and it was great! Highlight of the meal.....the Pumpkin Bisque w/Bay shrimp was simply amazing. Easily the best soup I have ever had, and to think I almost didn't order it! Full of flavor, full of aroma, full of texture. Simply amazing. The meal as a whole was great, flavorful and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treating Mom & DadsuziQ71Dined on 1/24/2014We have stayed at the Mansion a couple of times and decided to treat my parents. We joined them for dinner at The Vine on the evening of their stay. The food did not fall short of our expectations! Every course was absolutely wonderful! The beef was cooked perfectly and the mashed parsnips were the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good, I couldn't stop smiling ;)RobertoDined on 1/1/2014Wow!!! My wife and I recently experienced our first getaway to Cameo Heights. We thoroughly enjoyed dining at The Vine. The food was so ridiculously amazing that there were times I couldn't stop laughing - it was so good! It was stupid how good the food was. I wanted to get up out of my chair and give a big, huge hug to the chef, but refrained. Instead, I simply said with a big smile, "Compliments to the chef!" Conclusion: Expensive, and worth every single penny for that special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining in Washington State!CraigMDined on 12/20/2013What a wonderful find! Intimate quite 7-course dining is the perfect setting to celebrate a special anniversary. I can hardly wait to go back! Chef Nathan clearly loves his work, and enjoys interacting with his clients. His creativity is celebrated in the beauty if the dishes. The first bite of my tenderloin was out of this world. Probably the best dining in Washington State! If you are staying the night, you will also enjoy wonderful fresh coffee and fresh baked pastry brought to your room in the morning, then you get to go down to a most excellent breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An absolute treatStephNTommyMDined on 11/15/2013Everything at the Cameo Heights Mansion is a thought out detail, including the dining experience at the vine, the meal was so interesting and absolutely delicious. The waitress was spot on with every detail. The most amazing part of the meal for me was the pumpkin, langoustine bisque. I don't think I'll ever stop raving about it. Breakfast was absolutely charming and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful! Fantastic dining........OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2013.........in a romantic setting. Absolutely worth every bit of the price. We'll be back at least three times a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are very happyMcEWENDined on 11/14/2013We visited for our 26 year anniversary, the food was VERY good, the atmosphere was wonderful, it was a memorable experience, thanks for the great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fabulous. I especiallyRoxyDined on 10/18/2013The food was fabulous. I especially loved the pumpkin bisque. It may be a bit of a drive if you are just going to dinner, but it would be worth it for a nice quiet, romantic dinner.Special Features:
- GourmetONTHETABLEDined on 9/24/2013Unique spot in the hills to the west of Walla Walla. The place is a lavish B&B. There are only a very small number of tables. The food was creative and superb -- multi-course set dinner with a couple of options. The chef, Nathan, prepared & served with the help of Vivian. We did the wine pairing, which included four quality wines. This was very good value for an outstanding dinner.Special Features:
- Great Food! Friendly Service!DuranDined on 9/14/2013Not much to say other than "fantastic"! Food was impeccable! If you love to sit and relax in a low key, warm, inviting atmosphere, and have an appreciation for good food then you can't go wrong here. Everything we ate was to die for...we will surely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfactionluvagudmealDined on 9/12/2013Greatly enjoyed 7 course meal. Suggested wines for pairing with meal were excellent. Ambience and friendliness of servers and owners Deanne and Alan Fielding made this dining experience a memorable one. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order the fondue! Yikes!wenashDined on 9/7/2013Night before we ate from regular menu which was quite good, but second night we pre-ordered their special Fondue dinner. Cheese course tasted like watered down ranch dressing which came to our table not even warm so had them warm it up hoping it would get better. Nope, gross, so we just ate the raw veggies for this course. Meat course is not like normal fondue where you cook the meat in a broth or oil, but came out with PRE-COOKED SHRIMP! and raw chicken per our choosing. They bring you a little grill to reheat/cook them on. Started with the shrimp... it was "funky" tasting bad. Who pre-cooks shrimp?!!! We finally had to say something becuz now way we could eat it. They were very nice about it and gave us the regular dinner menu again
- La VinRockyDined on 9/7/2013The food was very flavorful. Many levels of complex flavors. Only downfall was I had fish and there were a lot of bones. Great breakfasts. Bring your wallet for dinner because their 7 course dinner for two will set you back nearly $250.Special Features:
- The VineBailey2Dined on 9/7/2013My girlfriend and I went to the Vine to celebrate our September birthdays. We were warmly greated by the staff. The restaurant knew we were celebrating and wished us Happy Birthday..very nice. I had been there before and expected a menu with a variety of choices to include moderately priced wine choices. The menu, however, was a pre-determined 7 course menu. That said, the food was exquisitely prepared and presented. This is a very small, intimate restaurant so the Chef is able to bring each course to your table and explain the ingredients. You can expect to stay approximately 2-3 hours for the 7 courses. This restaurant is wonderful and a foodies delight. I would especially recommend this venue for special occasions. You will love it!Special Features:
- Regular dinner menu had varietywenashDined on 9/6/2013Regular dinner menu had variety of options, each course was quite tasty. Wine was very good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/31/2013Excellent Food, Excellent Service and a wonderful location. We will be back for sure. Thanks, KSDSpecial Features:
- Perfect End To A Perfect DayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2013After a great day of wine tasting in Walla Walla and heading home to Richland I made a last minute reservation at The Vine. I couldn't have planned for a better way to top off the day. This place has delicious food in a very special setting. If you are looking to impress a date or have a special dinner with friends, I highly recommend The Vine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2013Our meal at The Vine was incredible! The food was delicious. Choices in each category were all very appealing and creative. The artistic touch of the chef made the meal visually beautiful. The chef is an especially talented professional. He prepared the meals in the kitchen right off the dining room and made it look easy. It wasn't; each menu item was complex. The dining room and setting are lovely. The service was efficient, pleasant and well-paced. We travel a lot and eat in many different restaurants, this was a real standout meal for us. The experience could not have been better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 48th Wedding Anniversary DinnermardonDined on 8/22/2013The mood was set with 60's music, a long stem red Rose on the table, and a plate which read in chocolate -Happy 48th Anniversary. We were close to the speakers and the music were songs we knew and perfect for our setting. The 7 course meal was wonderful with chef delivery and explanation of each course. The food was wery tasty and interesting. Our meal was two hours and the full moon rose over the hill as we dined. It was a wonderful evening and the chef's assisting staff was great. Alan the owner stopped by as well. Could not have been better.....thanks to The Vine at Cameo Heights.Special Features:
- Lovely place to enjoy dinner,Lynnie59Dined on 8/7/2013Lovely place to enjoy dinner, wonderful chef and servers, and delicious dinner! EXCELLENT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2013Found this restaurant in research for Walla Walla. We initially used a GPS to give us a directions - bad idea. It thought we were over an hour away - not true. The GPS does not show the road off the main highway that takes you directly to the mansion. It take half the time to get to the restaurant. Well worth the drive. Chef Nathan is awesome - coming to the table to explain each course. They feature a different local winery each month to pair with the food - great idea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2013We had a wine pairing dinner that was excellent. Good food, Good wine, great evening for outdoor dining, and excellent service. No worries about recommending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautifully presented & Delicious!Nanatana4Dined on 7/27/2013The 7 course dinner was absolutely delicious. Every course was beautifully presented, creative and tasty. I'm not keen on fish so the chef gladly made one of the appetizers without the salmon and added a few extra items just to make it interesting. We will definitely make the 40 min trip just to have dinner there and also plan on dining there next summer when we stay at the mansion again. You can't go wrong dining here. Reasonably priced considering the quality and presentation!Special Features:
- Impressedy12fpeDined on 7/26/2013We enjoyed the total package in every way. Foods served were well prepared and with the chef bringing the dishes to the table and talking to us about each course, it was truly a special dining experience. At least two courses included or featured foods I normally would not select. Both were excellent and enjoyable. Flavors on some of the dishes were delicate and one had to pay close attention to fully enjoy them. Other dishes were quite savory and equally enjoyable. If a negative had to be offered, it was the time it took. In reality, the time was reasonable considering the seven course meal and all foods were prepared in front of us. Pairing with local wines and use of local ingredients was greatly appreciated. Great Experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencetasterDined on 7/9/2013My wife found the restaurant during research for wine tasting trip to Yakima Valley. The restaurant occupies the dining room of the Bed and Breakfast with great views of the area and orchards. Even the pool below looked inviting and did not deter from the experience. We chose and indoor table due to temperatures in high 90s. We dines on Tuesday. Chef does an outstanding job with presenting a multi-course dinner at a very reasonable cost with main entries varying at least monthly. Dining room has a direct view of the kitchen area so you can see the chef in action with cooking and plating. We also ordered wine pairing which made the food even more enjoyable.Special Features: