The Village Pub
2967 Woodside Rd.
Woodside, CA 94062Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Village Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thevillagepub.net/
- Phone: 6508519888x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.; Brunch: Sunday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; Dinner: Monday-Sunday, 5 p.m.-10 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dmitry Elperin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Village Pub offers luxury catering in your home or office. Please contact Danielle Lembi at email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Located in historic town of Woodside, The Village Pub has preserved the legacy of a beloved landmark location with a rich sense of heritage and authenticity. The atmosphere is sophisticated, yet relaxed and comfortable at the same time.
- Private Party Contact: Danielle Lembi 6508516844x
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The Village Pub can be difficult to find if this is your first time dining with us. We are located directly under Coldwell Banker, just past Whiskey Hill Road. Our parking lot is located directly behind this building. Please feel free to call us directly if you are having trouble finding us.
A word from The Village Pub
This beloved Woodside landmark brings destination dining to Silicon Valley. The Village Pub is rich with a sense of heritage and authenticity. The warm and elegant ambiance is the perfect backdrop for Chef Dmitry Elperin's Contemporary American cuisine with Classic French roots.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Village Pub - Best Restaurants in Woodside ›
The Village Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (135)fit for foodies (125)notable wine list (106)romantic (95)neighborhood gem (88)great for lunch (47)good for groups (35)great for outdoor dining (33)great for brunch (28)vibrant bar scene (25)hot spot (21)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- great anytimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Village Pub is great anytime, but especially nice for special occasions. Vibrant room, good service, creative menu. Our desserts were especially nice, this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite of ourssfnativeVIPDined on 8/27/2014The team of knowledgeable servers work like a finely tuned symphony. Our waiter knew, without writing down, our beverage preferences in detail. The Zuchini soup with roasted squash blossom was velvety and flavorful as were the salads. Next time we plan to try the pre fixe menu. This place , an oasis in the woods, is understated elegance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth trip down from San Francisco!howardnoeDined on 8/26/2014Nothing to say negative about this restaurant. I've been there three times and have always ordered the same thing: the chicken salad plate. I know it sounds mundane, but it isn't — it's lightly sautéed chicken breast and fresh, fresh vegetables/salad with a buttermilk dressing. I never get tired of it. All the food looks good, but each time, I come back for my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the food !jamesVIPDined on 8/26/2014The food and attitude of the staff is outstanding !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pub classicFiordVIPDined on 8/24/2014The Village Pub is great for any romantic occasion. The food is superb and the red velvet walls are magical. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerAnnaDined on 8/24/2014Excellent on all counts - including special touches such as the pre meal "amuse bouche".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RitaVIPDined on 8/23/2014The Village Pub is one of the top restaurants in the Bay Area. Never disappoints!!Special Features:
- Specialout2lunchDined on 8/23/2014Very refined and memorable experience. Staff well-spoken and extremely knowledgeable. Discussions on target and most helpful; Complex entree combinations with lots of variety among offerings. Peach crisp dessert was fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurePeepersDined on 8/21/2014Inventive food made of only the freshest ingredients. Exceptional service - friendly but not too much. Lively atmosphere. This place does not disappoint.Special Features:
- Always ConsistentfitndineVIPDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant is always consistent and good. Never a miss!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/15/2014I don't usually rate restaurants, but this lunch was worth 5 stars.Special Features:
- Maintaining Michelin 1 starpcp21VIPDined on 8/13/2014The Village Pub continues to serve interesting, high-quality fare. I was completely happy with the meal I was served there.Special Features:
- Great food and service!AvidRWCDinerDined on 8/11/2014Love the Village Pub. Its on the pricier side, but always worth it in the end for a nice dinner out.Special Features:
- Always tastyPeepersDined on 8/4/2014Once again a trip to the Village Pub was a savory delight. The menu is creative without trying to hard. The flavors are obvious of food harvested locally and recently. Even the portions do not disappoint. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodBellaDined on 8/3/2014My friend and I went for a special birthday dinner and we are foodies, we loved almost everything we ate. She ordered a soup for appetizer that was a little salty, and my entrée came with some odd croutons but other than that everything else we had was perfect, it is a great place for a special occasion, and has an EXTREMELY extensive and well thought out wine list.Special Features:
- Disappointing!JuneDined on 8/3/2014We had a 6:30 reservation and arrived , not appreciated by receptionist by 6:15. The table was empty. The noise was too much!!! Our order took too long, forgot to serve the salad to one of our party and was brought with awful main course. They compensated by giving us a complimentary souffle (not worth the inconvenience. ) The food was soooooo disappointing. They try to make the normal service something memorable---it does not work!!!!! The best part of the evening was the bus boy, who demonstrated a trick to clean the table cloth. He was friendly and nice. More than the serving staff. I will never go there again and recommend to anyone. My guests were from Napa, known for their great dining.
- High expectationsVivianVIPDined on 8/3/2014Based on the high reviews and michelin reputation, I was disappointed with the food. The tastes were not amazing or all that memorable. Glad I tried but likely not a repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely birthday lunchlovelunchwiththegirlsDined on 7/30/2014The charcuterie plate, the fried chicken salad, gazpacho and flour less chocolate cake were all wonderful as was our service at the table. The disappointment was being seated indoors on a picture perfect day especially after requesting the outdoor seating ahead of time. We were given the somewhat puzzling excuse that the three tables outside were only "four-tops" as if two couldn't have been pushed together for our party of 6. Explained ahead of time that we would be coming from a hike; felt a little uncomfortable in the fancy interior of the restaurant in our sweaty and quite casual attire. Also, in a celebratory mood for our friend's birthday but felt a little stilted trying to keep our voices down for the reserved mood indoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal i've had in monthsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/28/2014absolutely no complaints here. everything was cooked to perfection, the staff was courteous and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJellyBeanVIPDined on 7/28/2014Outstanding food, service & ambiance. Incredible Wine list. Truly a 1st class restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village Pub continues to impressDaveGSMDined on 7/26/2014The Village Pub continues to impress, firing on all cylinders for a wonderful experience. Well crafted, delicious food, and a 'gotta see it to believe it' wine list.Special Features:
- Impeccable ServiceTechExechTransplantVIPDined on 7/26/2014The menu is nicely balanced, the ambiance is both Pub yet classier, what makes the V Pub unique however is the attentive, cordial, yet not intrusive service. Secondly, the V P is very consistent - also a fine trait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service wantingE2dinerVIPDined on 7/25/2014Food continues to be excellent. Servers seemed busy and not as attentive as in the past. Server criticized other help in front of our table, which was inappropiate. Pub is noiser than I remember in the past but maybe the patrons are just louder!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDad4twoDined on 7/20/2014We cancelled a reservation at Evvia in order to try this place. The food and service were disappointing. Never making this mistake again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014Waiters were very attentive and knowledgeable about menu and the ingredients used in preparing the dishes. Was very impressive. Food was excellent as well. I had the salmon. It was well prepared. Light with a slight crust and moist. Will definitely go back.
- Solid Food, Front of House StumblesGwynDined on 7/17/2014Went on a weeknight and was surprised at how busy the restaurant was. We arrived early and were told that we would be seated on time. We ended up being seated about 30 minutes late but the manager was great about keeping us posted. He made up for it by sending us some wine and appetizers. His generosity and the very good food was overshadowed by service that was either overwhelmed or weak. The front of house seemed to be out of step with the rest of the experience. Next time, I'll go earlier and make sure that I have time for a very long dinner.Special Features:
- Always the bestSkylondaDined on 7/14/2014The Village Pub always is the best. The best for innovative, fresh dishes, the best service. The staff is always friendly and welcoming whether you are a billionaire or just the couple from up the hill. Their soups are always delicious and the the chocolate souffle...send me up to heaven.Special Features:
- Rita QuinnRitaVIPDined on 7/11/2014Village Pub never disappoints - always top notch in every way!!Special Features:
- Village Pub reviewCraubDined on 7/11/2014The staff was great but seemed distracted and understaffed for a Michelin starred restaurant. The food was great though as well as the wine list. We think there was a large group in a private room they were concerned with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!localfoodieDined on 7/10/2014Village Pub is a great place to take a colleague, customer or good friends looking for a special meal. The space is lovely. Particularly memorable are the velvet-covered walls, private booths, glowing bar, subtle lighting and misty black-and-white photographs. Love the salted rolls, the creative amuse-bouche, the vegetables fresh from their garden, the selection of mouth-watering entrees. And you have to love the wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More choices for lunchLunchtimeDined on 7/8/2014Your lunch is very good but it would be nice once in a while the menu would change and have more to choose from. I ate three time for lunch and had pork twice and beef once. I like the pork more than beef. The other things on the menu doesn't interest my taste. Your chicken salad which my guest had was nice too. But all in all this so a very nice place with great service.Special Features:
- Best on the PeninsulasfnativeVIPDined on 7/2/2014Presidential service of a well-thought out seasonal menu. The superb wine list is just short of reading War and Peace. It is difficult to find any shortcomings at this oasis in the midst of the lovely woodsy setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthy of More Michelin StarsSF2DCDinerVIPDined on 6/29/2014My friends and I have a tradition of ordering the fabulous fries with our cocktails and appreciate never being rushed to order. Summer diners should definitely take advantage of the sweet corn soup and lobster salad as they are truly outstanding. All of the servers are highly professional, but Melodie deserves special recognition for her graciousness and knowledge of the menu and wine list.Special Features:
- Great place for dinner, not brunchCokerekeDined on 6/29/2014Village Pub earns their Michelin star with their dinner, not brunch. We had: - coffee - 2 out of 5 - cinnamon rolls - 5 out of 5 - eggs Benedict - 1 out of 5 until sent back to be cooked. Was nearly completely raw!! - French Omlett - 4 out of 5 - burger - 5 out of 5 (the guys loved this!!) In all I adore the Village Pub but will not return for brunch when I know the dinner is a 5 star experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerLuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 6/25/2014Duck breast was very good, Halibut fair at best. Salads mediocre. Great ambiance, but needs some work on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village Pub makes goodachiappanzaVIPDined on 6/23/2014After a disappointing visit (6/8), I let the restaurant know, and the manager gave me a substantial credit to come back and let them make good. We did, and it was much better. I still feel like their land fare is better than their sea fare. The special burrata appetizer was pretty substantial and yummy. The Mint/Devil's food cake dessert was terrific, and was presented with a milk chocolate layer across the top of the bowl, then hot liquid poured around the rim so it drops in. What a show! I think the most memorable things here are the drinks and desserts. The rest is good, but not necessarily that much better than less expensive places.Special Features:
- Wonderful!CarolDined on 6/21/2014Each year, when I select a restaurant for my birthday, I choose the Village Pub for our family gathering. Cocktails are always great. My salmon was perfectly steamed and others enjoyed the delicious pork chop. The ambiance is lovely and the service was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village PubRonnieDined on 6/19/2014Off the beaten track location. Excellant service, and overall good food. Noise level was on the high side so it was difficult to have a converstation. Ask to be seated near the back and you should be okay.Special Features:
- Upscale sumptuous, not presumptuousBustaFoodieDined on 6/18/2014Myself and a colleague took a client out for dinner. Village Pub is great. The wait staff was very attentive. All of the courses (lobster on tapioca appetizer, I had the duck on arugula main course, peach crisp with ice cream for dessert) were prepared perfectly and very interesting. I'll definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- Over charged for asking to split..Global1foodcriticVIPDined on 6/18/2014Great meal ... only when we ask to split the lobster salad and Duck confit dishes We got the bill for $64.00 for lobster salad, and $68 for duck confit with half portion... Be careful never ask to split the dishes there....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.