The Village Pub
2967 Woodside Rd.
Woodside, CA 94062Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Village Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thevillagepub.net/
- Phone: 6508519888x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.; Brunch: Sunday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; Dinner: Monday-Sunday, 5 p.m.-10 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dmitry Elperin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Village Pub offers luxury catering in your home or office. Please contact Danielle Lembi at email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Located in historic town of Woodside, The Village Pub has preserved the legacy of a beloved landmark location with a rich sense of heritage and authenticity. The atmosphere is sophisticated, yet relaxed and comfortable at the same time.
- Private Party Contact: Danielle Lembi 6508516844x
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The Village Pub can be difficult to find if this is your first time dining with us. We are located directly under Coldwell Banker, just past Whiskey Hill Road. Our parking lot is located directly behind this building. Please feel free to call us directly if you are having trouble finding us.
A word from The Village Pub
This beloved Woodside landmark brings destination dining to Silicon Valley. The Village Pub is rich with a sense of heritage and authenticity. The warm and elegant ambiance is the perfect backdrop for Chef Dmitry Elperin's Contemporary American cuisine with Classic French roots.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Village Pub - Best Restaurants in Woodside ›
The Village Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (148)special occasion (143)notable wine list (116)romantic (105)neighborhood gem (94)great for lunch (55)good for groups (45)hot spot (33)great for outdoor dining (32)vibrant bar scene (28)great for brunch (27)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (7)late-night find (5)Show More
- I am glad we went there.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The food was delicious. I will defanatly go to The Village Pub again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alaska1Dined on 10/12/2014Comfortable dining. Steak was cooked to order and very good. Pork chop and chicken were delicious as well. Salads were fresh. Wine recommendations were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, just not great1stTimerDined on 10/12/2014It was our first time at The Village Pub, based on a friend's recommendation. We checked out their menu post on their website before we went, and knew what we wanted to try. When we came, our server (very courteous and professional) said they didn't have what we wanted and recommended a replacement. The manager and chef did provide a complimentary side dish as a compensation. So for this, the restaurant gets a solid 5-star service. Overall, we think the food was just good, not quite a 1-Michelin star level. We left there with a disappointment, feeling that something was missing. Would we come back? Perhaps when we just happen to be in the area.Special Features:
- Wine list is impressive.GGpaloaltoDined on 10/11/2014Great to have a high-end meal without having to drive to 'the city'….Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurantKitMenkinVIPDined on 10/10/2014Lunch menu seems not to have changed, but food was excellent as was the service. I was surprised the restaurant was not crowded, as well as the customers were dressed more informally than I have seen in the past for lunch. Love the big band music. We put down coming for a birthday and the maître de said "Happy Birthday" when we arrived and had a birthday salute at the end of the meal on the dessert plate. We have been here for special dinners and they are always excellent.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/5/2014The village pub is the place to go for stellar service and exceptional cuisine. My wife and I come here to celebrate special occasions. The staff make you feel very welcome and comfortable, the food is inventive and delicious. Chef Dmitry is super talented. We will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food.ShelVIPDined on 9/30/2014We ordered tomatoes and burrata to start. They were brought to the table on a cart with fresh basil to cut and add to the salad, along with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Wonderful. Then we shared some roasted chicken, which was very succulent with crispy skin and some al dente vegetables. To end the meal, we ordered a chocolate soufflé which had creme anglaise to top it off. The service is good and they make you feel like they really do want you there.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerkitkatVIPDined on 9/23/2014The restaurant was much noisier than I had presumed and the waiter got off to a pretty slow start- he disappeared for lengths of time without taking our order, he walked off with the wine list before we ordered wine, and he brought me the wrong martini. Despite all that, it did feel "special" enough for an anniversary. My husband's entree of Lamb Rillettes was crazy good, but both our apps and my Salmon entree were just "meh". Overall, the food was under-seasoned and over-priced, BUT, I had the best dessert I've had since 2 years ago on our honeymoon in Paris. It was the Dark Chocolate Praline Torte with Hazelnut Nougatine / Salted Caramel Ice Cream. Oy. Made it truly memorable. TIP- if you want it quieter- reserve a booth!!Special Features:
- Great Place to DineDinnerPlacesDined on 9/22/2014Food is great, service is good. Parking ok. A bit noisy when the dining room is fullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodElsieVIPDined on 9/22/2014The usual great ambiance but when the server says "medium rare ok on the salmon?", don't believe her. It comes overcooked for everyone. I compared it to a recent Park Tavern dinner which was heads and tails above the food here. Dessert too salty. Chicken pretty good.Special Features:
- Bad Dinner at The Village PubOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014We're long-time diners at the Village Pub. This trip was very disappointing due to the food itself: all the entrees were virtually flavorless, the desserts very ho-hum, the drinks expensive. The service was good, the ambience is lovely and the heirloom tomatoes and French fries were excellent, but frankly, other than that the food was terrible. We'll give it another try in honor of the "old" Village Pub, which was always flawless, but we're skeptical.
- Amazing evening of winegoodfamilyfoodguyDined on 9/19/2014We sat outside so the noise level was low. Inside it was quite loud and had a much less intimate and romantic feeling. We were very impressed with the relatively new sommelier, named Simi Grewal. She was knowledgable without being pretentious. We shared a 1/2 bottle of rose Champagne, a lovely Sancere, and a truly outstanding Barolo.Special Features:
- Consistent and worth the costEscargotVIPDined on 9/18/2014We live within five miles of The Village Pub and have been coming here regularly since it reopened. We are fortunate to have such a special food and wine dining experience in the neighborhood As many times as we have enjoyed dining here I thought it is overdue for me to review. The Sommeliers are are world class Go there and enjoySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VP never disappointssusieQDined on 9/14/2014VP is my 'go to' restaurant. I look for any excuse to go there. The menu is always fresh and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch at the PubOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014Wonderful food, excellent service, very comfortable surroundings and marvelous, unique location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youSFRIDAVIPDined on 9/13/2014Thank you Village Pub for making my wife's birthday special. We had a great seat at the bar and an amazing quiet seat at the end of the restaurant by the window. Could not have asked for better service or ambience.Special Features:
- Que2Dined on 9/12/2014We keep going back because The Village Pub has never been less than outstanding. My wife's very favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Perfect Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/10/2014Great spot for lunch. A little hard to find at first. Feel fairly formal and quiet. Food was very good.Special Features:
- One of a kind...signguyDined on 9/9/2014Awesome place, great food, five star service. Have had nothing but wonderful experiences every single time.Special Features:
- Special occasionFoodie4VIPDined on 9/5/2014Packed on a Friday night which created a buzzy, cheerful vibe. Despite being busy, though, the service from all the waitstaff was top-notch. Food was generally very good and the drinks were terrific. Just wish it weren't so expensive! Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014It is a wonderful place to eat. The Branzino fish was great, tomatoes were in season and juicy and great. Service was terrific--there when you wanted them, but not overly intrusive. The restaurant is always a bit loud, which was difficult for our older guest who may not have heard everything said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and Servicefoodie1VIPDined on 9/5/2014We love The Village Pub but had not been in quite a while. The food was excellent. The heirloom burrata as a starter is delicious. Of course it is heirloom tomato season but the tomatoes were amazing and prepared perfectly with burrata so fresh. We shared the chocolate souffle for dessert. It is probably the best souffle we've ever had - just the right amount of sweetness and chocolate with a swirl of earl grey creme anglaise - perfection. The service by our waitress Melanie was outstanding. The restaurant was very busy but we were not rushed out at all - we enjoyed a relaxing meal to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village Pub is GreatGFOODVIPDined on 8/31/2014Don't let the name of this restaurant fool you. This is no "pub", but superb fine dining, one of the finest around. Every dish is presented like a work of art and unique. They do a table side final preparation of the heirloom tomato and cheese salad. The steak and lamb were beautifully cooked and presented. Zucchini and mushroom soups were delicious and not what you would expect. Both soups start with a bowl and either crimini mushrooms in it or a stuffed squash. And then they pour the broth over it....so delicious and delightful. Every course is a magical moment consistent with the high prices. Sure, it's very expensive, but it's phenomenal food. They have a hamburger on the menu. French fries with truffle oil were great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Was a great place for our anniversary! Food was delicious! Pork and hanger steak cooked to perfection! The waitir was excellent with pairing our wine to our food. What a wonderful place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden find in WoodsiderosskVIPDined on 8/28/2014We've driven through Woodside for years, and only last year discovered the Village Pub - hidden off the main street. A special occasion place, the food is deliciously prepared, and they offer a great selection of wine and cocktails. We really enjoyed several of their appetizers this summer - scallops, tomatoes, zucchini. Their chicken is very savory and the branzino was cooked to perfection. We try to plan a special occasion dinner here whenever we can.Special Features:
- great anytimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Village Pub is great anytime, but especially nice for special occasions. Vibrant room, good service, creative menu. Our desserts were especially nice, this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite of ourssfnativeVIPDined on 8/27/2014The team of knowledgeable servers work like a finely tuned symphony. Our waiter knew, without writing down, our beverage preferences in detail. The Zuchini soup with roasted squash blossom was velvety and flavorful as were the salads. Next time we plan to try the pre fixe menu. This place , an oasis in the woods, is understated elegance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth trip down from San Francisco!howardnoeDined on 8/26/2014Nothing to say negative about this restaurant. I've been there three times and have always ordered the same thing: the chicken salad plate. I know it sounds mundane, but it isn't — it's lightly sautéed chicken breast and fresh, fresh vegetables/salad with a buttermilk dressing. I never get tired of it. All the food looks good, but each time, I come back for my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the food !jamesVIPDined on 8/26/2014The food and attitude of the staff is outstanding !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pub classicFiordVIPDined on 8/24/2014The Village Pub is great for any romantic occasion. The food is superb and the red velvet walls are magical. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerAnnaDined on 8/24/2014Excellent on all counts - including special touches such as the pre meal "amuse bouche".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RitaVIPDined on 8/23/2014The Village Pub is one of the top restaurants in the Bay Area. Never disappoints!!Special Features:
- Specialout2lunchVIPDined on 8/23/2014Very refined and memorable experience. Staff well-spoken and extremely knowledgeable. Discussions on target and most helpful; Complex entree combinations with lots of variety among offerings. Peach crisp dessert was fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurePeepersDined on 8/21/2014Inventive food made of only the freshest ingredients. Exceptional service - friendly but not too much. Lively atmosphere. This place does not disappoint.Special Features:
- Always ConsistentfitndineVIPDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant is always consistent and good. Never a miss!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/15/2014I don't usually rate restaurants, but this lunch was worth 5 stars.Special Features:
- Maintaining Michelin 1 starpcp21VIPDined on 8/13/2014The Village Pub continues to serve interesting, high-quality fare. I was completely happy with the meal I was served there.Special Features:
- Great food and service!AvidRWCDinerDined on 8/11/2014Love the Village Pub. Its on the pricier side, but always worth it in the end for a nice dinner out.Special Features:
- Always tastyPeepersDined on 8/4/2014Once again a trip to the Village Pub was a savory delight. The menu is creative without trying to hard. The flavors are obvious of food harvested locally and recently. Even the portions do not disappoint. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodBellaDined on 8/3/2014My friend and I went for a special birthday dinner and we are foodies, we loved almost everything we ate. She ordered a soup for appetizer that was a little salty, and my entrée came with some odd croutons but other than that everything else we had was perfect, it is a great place for a special occasion, and has an EXTREMELY extensive and well thought out wine list.Special Features: