The Village Pub
2967 Woodside Rd.
Woodside, CA 94062Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Village Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thevillagepub.net/
- Phone: 6508519888x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.; Brunch: Sunday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; Dinner: Monday-Sunday, 5 p.m.-10 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dmitry Elperin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Village Pub offers luxury catering in your home or office. Please contact Danielle Lembi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Facilities: Located in historic town of Woodside, The Village Pub has preserved the legacy of a beloved landmark location with a rich sense of heritage and authenticity. The atmosphere is sophisticated, yet relaxed and comfortable at the same time.
- Private Party Contact: Danielle Lembi 6508516844x
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The Village Pub can be difficult to find if this is your first time dining with us. We are located directly under Coldwell Banker, just past Whiskey Hill Road. Our parking lot is located directly behind this building. Please feel free to call us directly if you are having trouble finding us.
A word from The Village Pub
This beloved Woodside landmark brings destination dining to Silicon Valley. The Village Pub is rich with a sense of heritage and authenticity. The warm and elegant ambiance is the perfect backdrop for Chef Dmitry Elperin's Contemporary American cuisine with Classic French roots.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Village Pub - Best Restaurants in Woodside ›
The Village Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (145)fit for foodies (143)notable wine list (116)romantic (105)neighborhood gem (97)great for lunch (52)good for groups (39)great for outdoor dining (34)hot spot (29)great for brunch (28)vibrant bar scene (28)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)Show More
- VP never disappointssusieQDined on 9/14/2014VP is my 'go to' restaurant. I look for any excuse to go there. The menu is always fresh and creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch at the PubOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014Wonderful food, excellent service, very comfortable surroundings and marvelous, unique location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank youSFRIDAVIPDined on 9/13/2014Thank you Village Pub for making my wife's birthday special. We had a great seat at the bar and an amazing quiet seat at the end of the restaurant by the window. Could not have asked for better service or ambience.Special Features:
- Que2Dined on 9/12/2014We keep going back because The Village Pub has never been less than outstanding. My wife's very favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Perfect Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/10/2014Great spot for lunch. A little hard to find at first. Feel fairly formal and quiet. Food was very good.Special Features:
- One of a kind...signguyDined on 9/9/2014Awesome place, great food, five star service. Have had nothing but wonderful experiences every single time.Special Features:
- Special occasionFoodie4VIPDined on 9/5/2014Packed on a Friday night which created a buzzy, cheerful vibe. Despite being busy, though, the service from all the waitstaff was top-notch. Food was generally very good and the drinks were terrific. Just wish it weren't so expensive! Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014It is a wonderful place to eat. The Branzino fish was great, tomatoes were in season and juicy and great. Service was terrific--there when you wanted them, but not overly intrusive. The restaurant is always a bit loud, which was difficult for our older guest who may not have heard everything said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and Servicefoodie1VIPDined on 9/5/2014We love The Village Pub but had not been in quite a while. The food was excellent. The heirloom burrata as a starter is delicious. Of course it is heirloom tomato season but the tomatoes were amazing and prepared perfectly with burrata so fresh. We shared the chocolate souffle for dessert. It is probably the best souffle we've ever had - just the right amount of sweetness and chocolate with a swirl of earl grey creme anglaise - perfection. The service by our waitress Melanie was outstanding. The restaurant was very busy but we were not rushed out at all - we enjoyed a relaxing meal to celebrate our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village Pub is GreatGFOODVIPDined on 8/31/2014Don't let the name of this restaurant fool you. This is no "pub", but superb fine dining, one of the finest around. Every dish is presented like a work of art and unique. They do a table side final preparation of the heirloom tomato and cheese salad. The steak and lamb were beautifully cooked and presented. Zucchini and mushroom soups were delicious and not what you would expect. Both soups start with a bowl and either crimini mushrooms in it or a stuffed squash. And then they pour the broth over it....so delicious and delightful. Every course is a magical moment consistent with the high prices. Sure, it's very expensive, but it's phenomenal food. They have a hamburger on the menu. French fries with truffle oil were great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Was a great place for our anniversary! Food was delicious! Pork and hanger steak cooked to perfection! The waitir was excellent with pairing our wine to our food. What a wonderful place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden find in WoodsiderosskDined on 8/28/2014We've driven through Woodside for years, and only last year discovered the Village Pub - hidden off the main street. A special occasion place, the food is deliciously prepared, and they offer a great selection of wine and cocktails. We really enjoyed several of their appetizers this summer - scallops, tomatoes, zucchini. Their chicken is very savory and the branzino was cooked to perfection. We try to plan a special occasion dinner here whenever we can.Special Features:
- great anytimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Village Pub is great anytime, but especially nice for special occasions. Vibrant room, good service, creative menu. Our desserts were especially nice, this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite of ourssfnativeVIPDined on 8/27/2014The team of knowledgeable servers work like a finely tuned symphony. Our waiter knew, without writing down, our beverage preferences in detail. The Zuchini soup with roasted squash blossom was velvety and flavorful as were the salads. Next time we plan to try the pre fixe menu. This place , an oasis in the woods, is understated elegance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth trip down from San Francisco!howardnoeDined on 8/26/2014Nothing to say negative about this restaurant. I've been there three times and have always ordered the same thing: the chicken salad plate. I know it sounds mundane, but it isn't — it's lightly sautéed chicken breast and fresh, fresh vegetables/salad with a buttermilk dressing. I never get tired of it. All the food looks good, but each time, I come back for my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the food !jamesVIPDined on 8/26/2014The food and attitude of the staff is outstanding !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pub classicFiordVIPDined on 8/24/2014The Village Pub is great for any romantic occasion. The food is superb and the red velvet walls are magical. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerAnnaDined on 8/24/2014Excellent on all counts - including special touches such as the pre meal "amuse bouche".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RitaVIPDined on 8/23/2014The Village Pub is one of the top restaurants in the Bay Area. Never disappoints!!Special Features:
- Specialout2lunchDined on 8/23/2014Very refined and memorable experience. Staff well-spoken and extremely knowledgeable. Discussions on target and most helpful; Complex entree combinations with lots of variety among offerings. Peach crisp dessert was fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurePeepersDined on 8/21/2014Inventive food made of only the freshest ingredients. Exceptional service - friendly but not too much. Lively atmosphere. This place does not disappoint.Special Features:
- Always ConsistentfitndineVIPDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant is always consistent and good. Never a miss!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/15/2014I don't usually rate restaurants, but this lunch was worth 5 stars.Special Features:
- Maintaining Michelin 1 starpcp21VIPDined on 8/13/2014The Village Pub continues to serve interesting, high-quality fare. I was completely happy with the meal I was served there.Special Features:
- Great food and service!AvidRWCDinerDined on 8/11/2014Love the Village Pub. Its on the pricier side, but always worth it in the end for a nice dinner out.Special Features:
- Always tastyPeepersDined on 8/4/2014Once again a trip to the Village Pub was a savory delight. The menu is creative without trying to hard. The flavors are obvious of food harvested locally and recently. Even the portions do not disappoint. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodBellaDined on 8/3/2014My friend and I went for a special birthday dinner and we are foodies, we loved almost everything we ate. She ordered a soup for appetizer that was a little salty, and my entrée came with some odd croutons but other than that everything else we had was perfect, it is a great place for a special occasion, and has an EXTREMELY extensive and well thought out wine list.Special Features:
- Disappointing!JuneDined on 8/3/2014We had a 6:30 reservation and arrived , not appreciated by receptionist by 6:15. The table was empty. The noise was too much!!! Our order took too long, forgot to serve the salad to one of our party and was brought with awful main course. They compensated by giving us a complimentary souffle (not worth the inconvenience. ) The food was soooooo disappointing. They try to make the normal service something memorable---it does not work!!!!! The best part of the evening was the bus boy, who demonstrated a trick to clean the table cloth. He was friendly and nice. More than the serving staff. I will never go there again and recommend to anyone. My guests were from Napa, known for their great dining.
- High expectationsVivianVIPDined on 8/3/2014Based on the high reviews and michelin reputation, I was disappointed with the food. The tastes were not amazing or all that memorable. Glad I tried but likely not a repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely birthday lunchlovelunchwiththegirlsDined on 7/30/2014The charcuterie plate, the fried chicken salad, gazpacho and flour less chocolate cake were all wonderful as was our service at the table. The disappointment was being seated indoors on a picture perfect day especially after requesting the outdoor seating ahead of time. We were given the somewhat puzzling excuse that the three tables outside were only "four-tops" as if two couldn't have been pushed together for our party of 6. Explained ahead of time that we would be coming from a hike; felt a little uncomfortable in the fancy interior of the restaurant in our sweaty and quite casual attire. Also, in a celebratory mood for our friend's birthday but felt a little stilted trying to keep our voices down for the reserved mood indoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal i've had in monthsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/28/2014absolutely no complaints here. everything was cooked to perfection, the staff was courteous and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJellyBeanVIPDined on 7/28/2014Outstanding food, service & ambiance. Incredible Wine list. Truly a 1st class restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village Pub Rocks!cflynnlVIPDined on 7/27/2014This might be my 10th Village Pub review and I continue to love everything they do! Don't let their remote location fool you! It is worth the drive from San Fran, San Jose...heck, Los Angeles! Never, and I mean Never, had a bad experience at this wonderful restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village Pub continues to impressDaveGSMDined on 7/26/2014The Village Pub continues to impress, firing on all cylinders for a wonderful experience. Well crafted, delicious food, and a 'gotta see it to believe it' wine list.Special Features:
- Impeccable ServiceTechExechTransplantVIPDined on 7/26/2014The menu is nicely balanced, the ambiance is both Pub yet classier, what makes the V Pub unique however is the attentive, cordial, yet not intrusive service. Secondly, the V P is very consistent - also a fine trait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service wantingE2dinerVIPDined on 7/25/2014Food continues to be excellent. Servers seemed busy and not as attentive as in the past. Server criticized other help in front of our table, which was inappropiate. Pub is noiser than I remember in the past but maybe the patrons are just louder!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDad4twoDined on 7/20/2014We cancelled a reservation at Evvia in order to try this place. The food and service were disappointing. Never making this mistake again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014Waiters were very attentive and knowledgeable about menu and the ingredients used in preparing the dishes. Was very impressive. Food was excellent as well. I had the salmon. It was well prepared. Light with a slight crust and moist. Will definitely go back.
- Solid Food, Front of House StumblesGwynDined on 7/17/2014Went on a weeknight and was surprised at how busy the restaurant was. We arrived early and were told that we would be seated on time. We ended up being seated about 30 minutes late but the manager was great about keeping us posted. He made up for it by sending us some wine and appetizers. His generosity and the very good food was overshadowed by service that was either overwhelmed or weak. The front of house seemed to be out of step with the rest of the experience. Next time, I'll go earlier and make sure that I have time for a very long dinner.Special Features:
- Always the bestSkylondaDined on 7/14/2014The Village Pub always is the best. The best for innovative, fresh dishes, the best service. The staff is always friendly and welcoming whether you are a billionaire or just the couple from up the hill. Their soups are always delicious and the the chocolate souffle...send me up to heaven.Special Features: