The Village Inn
422 Runnymede Dr
Wayne, NJ 07470-3036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Village Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thevillageinnofwayne.com/
- Phone: 9736960555x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - close
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Friday: starting at 2:30pm
Brunch & Lunch open for private parties only
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: John A. Martino C.E.C.
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: See our website under the Cook and Carry menu - full listing of off-premise catering with prices available.
- Entertainment: Friday nights we have a classical guitarist, Serge.
Go to Youtube him to see him play: Inesperado Classical Guitar.
A word from The Village Inn
Welcome to The Village Inn. Begin your culinary journey at one of the top restaurants Wayne NJ has to offer. Executive Chef John A.Martino cec, has created an amazing dining experience, ensuring The Village Inn’s position as one of the most sought-after New Jersey restaurants. If you’re searching for the leading restaurants Wayne, New Jersey has to offer, look no further. The Village Inn also provides services for any events, parties and intimate dinners. The Village Inn has become known as one of the best American Bistros in NJ. Experience creative cuisine is what has become perhaps one of the most beloved authentic American/Italian restaurants in Wayne New Jersey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Village Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)special occasion (5)romantic (3)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (1)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014We got married here last year. The first thing that sold us was the excellent food. John the owner is outstanding. Explained everything & took care of everything. We decided to wait to return on our 1st anniversary to make it special. Now we will be returning on a regular basis. The food is outstanding. The ambiance is very romantic. This place is a real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/26/2014This is a great find. Servicer was attentive but not intrusive. Food was good and presented well. We were not rushed and had a wonderful mealSpecial Features:
- THE RESTAURANT WAS CLOSEDDisappointedDined on 7/5/2014We got there for our Saturday night reservation and the restaurant is CLOSED! No sign on door or anything. When I called I get their regular recording and I left a message. No one called back.
- Above AverageAmazingDined on 6/26/2014The food was good a touch above diner food Service amazing one server handled the whole restaurant and did a fabulous job. If I lived in area would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome. Loved ithomegrownfoodieDined on 6/18/2014Ambience - excellent, service - excellent, food - excellent, prices - excellent for the quality, fresh cheese is amazing! I need more! The Village Inn is definitely on my favorites list. Kudos to Chef and OwnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprisedevilznjDined on 6/3/2014My first Groupon and we will definitely be back. I have a weak spot for BLT Wedge Salad and theirs was outstanding. Nice selection of entrees to choose from...already lined up a few for our upcoming visits. Unique food combinations and some interesting desserts...the inverted apple pie was delicious. Staff was very friendly with impeccable timing. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 11 reviews are from the The Village Inn reviews archive.
- Never DisappointsFoodie7Dined on 5/29/2014The Village Inn has become one of our favorite dining spots, whether for special occasion or just a dinner out. Tucked at the end of a quiet street, the overall experience never disappoints. They have a great happy hour in the bar area, and the restaurant is cozy (there's even a fireplace for those cold evenings) but not cramped. The owner, John, and his staff are welcoming and warm. Most importantly, the dishes they prepare are always delicious. Best tip: Save room for dessert (the doughnuts are amazing)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little diaappointingchipDined on 5/11/2014We have dined here on many special occasions ( Thanksgiving,Easter, Mothers Day,etc.) The entree choices are always limited on holidays, but this last time our table had 4 different ones and they were sub-par from tough overcooked lamb to a shrimp scampi so overly laced with a tomato type brushetta, as to not make it a true scampi dish. The appitizer and desert tables were both still very good and kept well stocked. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice surpriseTeddyDined on 4/19/2014always anxious about visiting a new choice for dinner on a Saturday night, we were more than surprised at how much detail & care went into each part of the meal. The braised pork shank entree (specials) was one of the best meals I have ever had, and the 5 donut dessert special was a treat I had not had since my youth, when bakers were special and made real Bavarian cream filling. WOW!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food and Atmospherefood3Dined on 3/15/2014Loved, Loved the Potatoe crusted Chilean Sea Bass and Soft shelled Crab! Service was good and clean establishment. Parking was easy and restaurant was not crowded..they seated us immediately (we made reservations online). Lava cake dessert was wonderful!! Loved that dining was in a home and they have a beautiful room in back for special functions- sooo pretty. ***a well kept secret in Wayne*****Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceChefsdaughterDined on 3/13/2014This place was very nice and low key. Service was superb. Food was delicious. Wine list and bar were extensive. Great date nights spot or dinner with friends. And you can book private parties as they have two additional rooms besides the main dining area!Special Features:
- very nice neighborhood restaurantwendyDined on 3/8/2014Our server was excellent, very helpful in making choices for the table food was very good and we will definitely be going back to try more dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day 2014ChristineDined on 2/14/2014The dinner was perfect! Wonderful service and friendly staff! Will be returning soon .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014Take the time to check the Village Inn out. The food is excellent, the staff is great. There is a lot of variety on the menu and always great specials. They also offer affordable banquet packages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a regularthepackerDined on 2/8/2014One of my regular eateries. Has been a bi- weekly regular for years, never disappointed. I've taken friends for special occasions and all have enjoyed.Special Features:
- The presentation of the foodlucky2enjoyDined on 1/18/2014The presentation of the food was enticing and the meal from his daily special list was absolutely delicious. This owner/chef really cares and prides himself with his art. There were four people in our party and we ordered four different meals and the reaction from all was the same- outstanding. His homemade desserts also were great!!Special Features:
- An enjoyable evening out withEnjoyingeatingout65inNJVIPDined on 1/4/2014An enjoyable evening out with excellent food,a nice atmosphere and terrific service-all at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.