The Village Greek
6886 South Clinton Street
Greenwood Village, CO 80112Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
The Village Greek
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.villagegreek.com/
- Phone: 3037923382
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Monday - Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer pick up catering only at this time. No staff provided.
- Special Events: Easter Sunday Buffet Brunch. Sunday, April 8th. 10am-2pm. $19.95 p/p children under 12 $9.95. Reservations recommended.
A word from The Village Greek
Our menu is built upon the home-style cooking of authentic recipes of Greece and the Mediterranean. We strive to elevate our dishes with the freshest of ingredients, time-tested recipes using classic cooking techniques, as well as flavorful stocks and fresh herbs all under the close direction of our chef. Our wine list will enhance your dining experience and will be updated periodically to keep your visits here fresh and exciting. Our mission is to offer you delicious food, drink and Greek hospitality. Welcome to our restaurant and to our family...KALI OREXI!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Village Greek reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not waited onOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/22/2013I was not waited on and the restaurant smelled of Cigars.
- Horrible experience, I willlOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/15/2013Horrible experience, I willl never return. Saturday night @ 8 pm 6 peoplin restaurant. Food not done well and presentation lacked. Constant smell of cigars from kitchen. Too many other restaurants in area to return here.
- Fabulous Findgus2gusVIPDined on 4/20/2013This neighborhood Greek Restaurant is fabuous, the menu offers a large variety of greek dishes; Lamb, fish, and traditional greek recipes such as moussaka, spanakopita, pastitsio, souvlakia. The braised Lamb Shanks (Yiftiko) is "out of this world". Also a real gem on the menu and my wife's favorite dish is the Steak Constantine; petite tenderloin medallions with a redwine and mushroomreduction, with greek roasted potatoies and greek green beans, it is delicious! Also, they have the very best Saganaki (brandied greek cheese served flambe' with lemon and grilled pita) I have ever tasted!Special Features:
- Overall the food was good.MileHiDivaDined on 2/14/2013Overall the food was good. The smell of cigar smoke from next door was a big turnoff coming into the restaurant but was not noticable at our booth. Service was good,owner approached us twice to see if everthing was ok. Price is ok for Greek food but not for the lack of ambiance. Need to dim the lights, do something to make it more inviting.
- Very good food. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013Very good food. The service was, also, very good. Would certainly return.Special Features:
- Great food, good service,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012Great food, good service, even with only one waitress. Excellent food.Special Features:
- Work in progress?Liv2eatVIPDined on 12/28/2012Smell of smoke from next door smoke shop was terrible. Avoid this place until they find a better way to control the odor. Food is unremarkable at best.
- Would not go back. The placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/22/2012Would not go back. The place smelled like stale cig smoke.
- We had a SUPERB dining timegus2gusVIPDined on 11/16/2012We had a SUPERB dining time at the Village Greek. The very best Saganaki I have ever had. My favorite Dishes are the Steak Constatine and the Greek Style Red Snapper and Lamb Shanks!!! The Pappas family who own the restaurant are so hospitable and great restauranteers. Best Greek food in the Denver area. Highly Reccommend.Special Features:
- Our group of 4 ventured outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Our group of 4 ventured out during a snowstorm and we had the restaurant almost to ourselves. What a wonderful dinner we had! We tried two of the appetizers, four entrees and two desserts (and two bottles of Greek red wine). We couldn't have been more pleased. The appetizer, orange/sausage/slaw was delicious and a hit with all. The spanikopita and moussaka were wonderful. Two of us had lemon soup; it was great. We agreed it was the best Greek meal we've had in 4 states. We'll be back to enjoy again. The staff were attentive without being overbearing and their suggestions were true to the description. Although it's not a fancy evening place, it's warm and inviting.Special Features:
- Great food - service "OK"foodluvrDined on 11/2/2012Food was great - but the typical greek "When you are here you are family" atmosphere was lacking. The cigar bar next door was leaking it's rank into the restaurant. The best greek experiences provide the diner with a more friendly and fun atmosphere. Given the choice I would go somewhere else to get the full experience. Sad - the restaurant only had 3 tables for the duration of our friday evening meal. They should advertise more and step up the service and overall experience to pick up more loyal clientele. The service was good - but lacking personality. If the overall experience was there - I would rate it a 5.Special Features:
- The Slouvakia (both shrimpVaughanVIPDined on 10/15/2012The Slouvakia (both shrimp and chicken) were authentic and outstanding. The wait staff was helpful and we both enjoyed their meal ecommendations. Although it was a Monday night and not busy, the staff treated us like royalty. The baclava served with ice cream was a tad salty, but overall, this restaruant was a wonderful find. Will definitely return. The owner came out to thank us...a very nice touch.Special Features:
- We love Greek food, and thisVVWDAWVIPDined on 9/1/2012We love Greek food, and this restaurant is a welcome addition to the Denver area. We enjoyed everything that we ordered and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Not so Greek to me...FamilyTimeDined on 9/1/2012I was surprised when I read a review of this place by people from Chicago saying this is the best Greek food they have found out here. We are also from Chicago and have been to Greece and this food did not live up to either standard for us. It was overpriced, under seasoned, lacked authenticity to the Greek food (for example, we ordered Souvlaki and got kabobs and yes there is a difference), and they used poor ingredients (what I can only assume were canned green beans or maybe frozen). However, the staff was very friendly and helpful - the only good thing I can say about the place.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/4/2012We have been looking for a good, authentic Greek restaurant (having moved from Chicago) and found this friendly gem to be the right place! The food is excellent and the service is attentive. A great Greek food "fix!"Special Features:
- The place was empty on a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/7/2012The place was empty on a Saturday night. Maybe because of the thunder storms??? All th food was good, except for the octopus appetizer. It REALLY needed to be cooked more. It was seasoned well, but very TOUGH!
- Greek Food Lovingly PreparedFoodyVIPDined on 6/10/2012This is great homemade Greek food! We had the chicken kapama, gyros, and lam and chicken pitas. All quite delicious! You will not be disappointed. Also the dessert bougatsa is excellent and quite sufficient for a bite or two for 4 people. Mario, Eric and Ryan were so attentive and caring. We have been to this restaurant for breakfast and Steve made us a wonderfully delicious omelet with Greek sausage. Don't miss this out of the way place- well worth finding and trying!Special Features:
- Was not that impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Was not that impressed with the Sunday buffet. I found it to be very limited and not worth the price we paid for it. For price, I would have anticipated about three times more food choices.
- Staff was very accommodatingChicagoanVIPDined on 5/13/2012Staff was very accommodating and it was nice not to be gauged with brunch prices on Mother's Day. The food was great and I'll return.Special Features:
- Service was excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012Service was excellent and food was very good. Friendly family atmosphere.Special Features:
- Our family enjoyed a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012Our family enjoyed a very nice Easter buffet. We will return.Special Features:
- This was the first time weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/8/2012This was the first time we had gone to The Village Greek. It was for Easter Brunch. It was good but we would love to come back and eat off of their normal menu.