The Village Cork
1300 So. Pearl St.
Denver, CO 80210Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Village Cork
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thevillagecork.com/
- Phone: 3032828399
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Samir Mohammad
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Village Cork is a rustic yet comfortable wine bistro serving boutique wines and local and organic foods. Since opening in 2001 our focus has been to provide an "open arms" atmosphere. "Eat, drink, and be merry" is our way of life here at The Village Cork.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Lapp 3032828399
A word from The Village Cork
The Village Cork is a rustic yet comfortable wine bistro serving boutique wines and local and organic foods. Since opening in 2001 our focus has been to provide an "open arms" atmosphere. "Eat, drink, and be merry" is our way of life here at The Village Cork.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Village Cork reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (6)romantic (5)notable wine list (4)special occasion (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Always Wonderful!DenverSunshineDined on 5/20/2014We love the atmosphere of this wine bar and the food and wine list is always amazing. Definitely a special occasion place because it can get pretty pricey but it is most definitely worth it in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableDenverDinerVIPDined on 4/26/2014We had wonderful food and service. Our party of 5 decided to share multiple dishes, which meant we sampled pretty much everything on the menu. Everything dish was delicious! Our waitress was very accommodating and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 265 reviews are from the The Village Cork reviews archive.
- A Slice of Heavenljm731VIPDined on 4/14/2014We had such an enjoyable evening at the Village Cork! We lured our in laws out of the suburbs and they love it! The atmosphere is so perfect: cozy, charming but not cookie cutter. Our server was very knowledgeable and extremely helpful towards our gluten intolerant guest. The food was delightful, the wine was perfect. All in all, a very lovely night. A perfect spot for grown ups!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the foodclivisVIPDined on 4/11/2014The food is great but menu choices can be limited some evenings.Special Features:
- Great seasonal menuWannaBChefDined on 4/4/2014Wonderful restaurant had a great dinner. Really helpful and responsive wait staff. Great food, prepared really well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!judithVIPDined on 4/3/2014While the menu is limited ( seasonal) we hit the jackpot with a truly remarkable, simple dish. I have been dreaming if the "fish & chips" ( not what you think) and plan on returning soon. This was the single best meal I've had in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatljm731VIPDined on 3/29/2014I love Village Cork. The atmosphere and vibe are very comfortable. It feels like a special spot one might find in New York. A true neighborhood gem. The menu isn't very big, but I always find it difficult to choose between all the great options. Excellent, attentive, but never intrusive service. All in all, a lovely spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savory Dishes in a Cozy BistroSaporeDined on 3/21/2014All that we ordered was delicious. The baked chicken served over risotto and a creamy leek sauce was cooked perfectly. Another favorite was their version of fish and chips; sea bass with a crispy, crispy skin served with fingerling potatoes and a celery root slaw. We will definitely be returning to this friendly spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies who dineDinerDined on 3/6/2014Our group of 6 sampled most of the menu and enjoyed it very much. The chocolate/hazelnut dessert was a special favorite as was our server, Justin.Special Features:
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2014This is the perfect romantic restaurant that reminds you a restaurant doesn't need to be big to make a big impression!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Perfect evening out for two or a small group. Excellent service, delicious food. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day LetdowndurangoadamDined on 2/14/2014I brought my wife to Village Cork for Valentines Day this past Friday. We had eaten here for Valentines Day a couple of years prior, so I knew I was going to win some points for being so thoughtful. The set menu online showed French Onion Soup and a Seafood Trio for the first and second courses (my wife LOVES french onion). Once we were sat we learned that they would not be serving French Onion OR the Seafood Trio. Not a huge deal, but with a set menu we felt trapped with options that we otherwise wouldn't care for. Beyond the menu change it was the unapologetic and unprofessional service of the waiter that got under our skin. He seemed completely uneducated as to the items on the menu, and dropped off our check without a single word.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/13/2014This is a very nice, relatively quiet, neighborhood restaurant with a small but wonderful menu. I had the duck confit and my wife had the fish. The rose' was perfect as was the Brie and the desserts (key lime cheesecake and apple pie).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I have eatencbrakkenDined on 2/1/2014My husband and I have eaten at the Village Cork on several occasions. When we step inside this lovely neighborhood gem, it feels like we're eating in a cozy bistro somewhere in Paris. The food is excellent and the wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable. A place not to be missed! We'll be back. (-:Special Features:
- Overpriced, undersized plates...bmwbuzzDined on 2/1/2014Though the atmosphere and wine were worth spending time, the portion sizes were very small. The $19 ravioli arrived in a large plate...but with only ~5 small pastas. Given it was a dinner menu item, I really expected more. I'd recommend it as a cozy place to meet for wine and conversation...just ask before you order menu items.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I took my honey there forOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/25/2014I took my honey there for her 58th birthday. The service was great wine was great food was very good. They were very accommodating for our special needs.they cut and served us the cake that we brought. they even threw in some candlesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only dark beer??BeckyDined on 1/22/2014The Cork only has 4 beer selections on their menu and they are all dark . We had one person in our group who does not drink wine and also doesnt drink a dark beer- disappointing for this person. Also - the ravioli was hard and chewy and the pumpkin soup was a bit like pie filling. The spinach salad with the egg was delicious as was the shepards pie and the duck. The desserts were very small ( hard to share) - the keylime was just ok ( i would like to give them my recipe) and we were not impressed with the dryness of the truffles. Cute ambiene but i woud not go back or recommend it. Oh - one more thing - the waitress was borderline rude.
- Delicious and fantastic ambienceakillinDined on 1/21/2014I love this wine bistro! It feels like a darling neighborhood establishment...fantastic food, great service, and nice wines. My only complaint is that they try to find a few more moderately priced wines to put on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The atmosphere is quaint,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/13/2014The atmosphere is quaint, warm and slightly European feeling. The Brie cheese appetizer is very good. The portions are not large, which was refreshing. Three of us had the duck and all felt like it was too salty. The veges with the duck were the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveNewtDined on 12/31/2013I've been here several times before and decided to join them for there New Years Eve special. All four of the people in my party had the same impression; great wine list, tasty appetizers, but the main course was disappointing. First we had a great sweet potato blini with mushrooms and goat cheese (though a bit small). Next we had a choice of clam chowder, winter vegetable salad. I had the salad and it had subtle flavors with kale, beets and shallots. It was terrific. For the main course there were 2 options - vegetable cassoulet or Vennison osso buco. Both were bland and flavorless. I will come back in the future, but will probably just have wine and appetizers.Special Features:
- Excellent.luvstoeatDined on 12/21/2013Second time at The Village Cork. Just love it. Great service, great food, great ambiance. Our new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wineDaderickDined on 12/20/2013Love this small neighborhood hangout. Staff is very friendly and food is tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smoke & SaltSparkyDined on 12/14/2013Cheese board was excellent, just the right amount for an appetizer. The greens on the pear salad were over salted; the greens overwhelmed the pears. The Chateaubriand was tender and flavorful as were the potatoes and gravy. The side greens were as salty as the salad greens. The smell of hot, almost smokey, oil permeated the restaurant. Our eyes were burning so much we skipped dessert to get out. Our clothes were saturated with the smell of the oil. The kitchen lacked ventilation, the cooking fumes were allowed circulate through the restaurant and exit from windows near the ceiling. I'll be watching upgrades to the facility before we return.Special Features:
- They really take care of youRDR1234Dined on 12/7/2013They really take care of you at The Village Cork! Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!DonnaDined on 11/30/2013I live near the Village Cork and don't go there very often. And every time I do, I wonder why I don't go more often. It's such a cozy, yet elegant place. Great for a glass of wine with a friend or a romantic dinner out.Special Features:
- Asked to Give Up our TableNeighborFoodieDined on 11/27/2013I made a reservation and was seated when I arrived on time however my guest was 20 minutes late. It was Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I ordered a bottle of wine and expected to have a leisurely dinner catching up. While watiing I had to ask for bread. When our orders arrived my vegetarian dish was dry and not very flavorful. As we were considering what dessert we would like to have, the waitress asked us to move to the bar which was very crowded as they had another booking for our table. Needless to say we left. The restaurant was not prepared for the volume of customers. I will not be returning as I don't want to be embarrassed in front of friends and guests like this.
- LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/23/2013Always love this place. The food is different every time and AMAZING every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite...luvstoeatDined on 11/22/2013Oh my gosh. The food and service was so wonderful. We went with another couple and were seated right away. The menu is a one page list of everything good. I had the roast loin, husband had the chateaubriand. One of the best meals we've had in a very long time. Great atmosphere, great wine. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningTeriVIPDined on 11/15/2013Took friends for first time and they just loved every bit: atmosphere, service, wine, food. And I'm always pleasantly surprised at our bill being so reasonable for great quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dining experience @ The CorkLRW2VIPDined on 11/15/2013Wonderful service and ambience for a Friday evening. The server helped find numerous glutten free dishes and overall excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village Cork is Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/13/2013This restuarant is one of my favorites in Denver. The first time my husband and I tried it out, we only had drinks and thought the atmosphere was wonderful - it had intimate and quiet feel, yet it was lively and seemingly full of regulars. This time we tried their food and OH MY GOODNESS, it was delicious! Their chicken pot pie was devine - not what you would expect, but fully worth going out on a limb to try. Love , love Village Cork!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Losing InterestburlyVIPDined on 11/9/2013The restaurant has experienced a cycle of chef changes, and thus, menu changes. This once hip corner wine bar, is now quiet, sullen and dreary. The last two times that we have dined here, the food has been nothing to speak of. There is no longer any bread, cheese, or nuts for you to enjoy while sipping wine. We had a pork dish that was quite interesting. There were many vegetables, quinoa that did not appear to be cooked, pork and slices of ginger on top. The tastes were not to our liking. Then dessert. We had an apple crisp that was nothing more than glazed apples with dried oats on top. It lacked appeal and interest. Unfortunately, we have determined that we will be limiting our visits to our former favorite dining location.Special Features:
- Nice, but too priceyPlattParkBanditDined on 11/8/2013I've gone to the Village Cork a few times, but always come away with the same impression -- it's got a great wine list, but I feel like the price per glass is too high. It's got interesting and tasty food, but I feel like the price versus what you receive is too high. I don't mind paying higher prices, but when I DO pay those higher prices, I want to feel like I've had something special. The Village Cork is quite nice, but to my tastes, doesn't slip into that "special" category.Special Features:
- Service spoilerDobbieVIPDined on 11/7/2013Eaten here many times; current chef works hard but our waitress so ruined the evening by her abruptness, inability to listen to our comments w/o being highly defensive. Will come again b/c of past very good experiences but lesson learned ;when wait staff from very 1st words raise the hairs on your back , go with your guts & ask for someone else to help you. Just very hard to do in small, local place.Special Features:
- Always great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2013I have visited the Village Cork for Happy Hours and dinners, and it is perfectly suited to both occasions. The food is beautifully constructed and delicious. The serving staff is knowledgeable about all the wines on the menu, and the ambiance enables pleasant conversation and keeps a good energy about the place. It is definitely a neighborhood gem ~ it's a gem to the metropolitan area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently the bestMarkVIPDined on 11/2/2013This is such a great neighborhood restaurant which is always warm and cozy. The whole experience is always consistent...amazing food, friendly service, etc!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerLolaBDined on 11/2/2013My dinner was great. The server was knowledgeable about the menu, but service was a little slow. They did not have either of the half bottles listed on the menu, but instead offered a different wine at a similar price. I would have liked more choice as to the half bottles.Special Features:
- Favorite wine barAbbyDined on 10/26/2013My husband and I live in the Platt Park neighborhood and LOVE coming to the Village Cork. The knowledgable staff always brings me the perfect glass of wine. The menu is always changing but there are some delicious staples. We always bring friends and family here when we have company in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the village corkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2013For a neighborhood restaurant The Village Cork goes well beyond expectations for food and service. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would go back in a heartbeatckbmmsDined on 10/25/2013Loved the experience and the food and would recommend to most of my friends. The ones I would qualify the restaurant for would be those whose wallets aren't thick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.