22160 Ventura Blvd.
Woodland Hills, CA 91364Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.villawh.com/
- Phone: 8187041185x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00AM - 10:00PM
Friday 11:00AM - 11:00PM
Saturday 11:00AM - 11:00PM
Sunday: 10:00AM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room available with full bar for large banquets, receptions, cocktail parties, rehearsal dinners etc. Please contact our event coordinator, Lucy at 310.213.7711 or email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 3102137711x
- Special Events:
A word from The Villa
Recently remodeled, one will be impressed by The Villa's elegant and stylish interior, grand fireplaces,comfortable furnishings, charming patio, gourmet cuisine and excellent service. The intimate garden patio is billed by Here Comes The Guide as the 'favorite spot for outdoor celebrations'.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Villa - Best Restaurants in Woodland Hills ›
The Villa reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (76)romantic (62)special occasion (62)neighborhood gem (59)good for groups (41)great for lunch (31)fit for foodies (30)great for brunch (17)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)scenic view (8)notable wine list (8)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- First Time at the VillaOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/25/2014Great outdoor dining...Romantic and very comfortable setting. Food was good. The only issue was the service. The waiter was awful. He seemed overwhelmed. Our drinks didnt come for 20 minutes. After they arrived, he wanted to know what we would like for dessert--I guess he didnt realize that we had not ordered our 1st course yet.Special Features:
- Service 101LaupDined on 10/18/2014We received our entrees within a few minutes of the salad. Lovely restaurant. Limited menu but good goof.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location , food an ambiancebestDined on 10/15/2014I have been coming to this location for many years, long before it was called The Villa, however the changes that have been made and the quality of the food is outstanding. Love the ambiance and the quiet outdoor seating. The service was good as well. I will recommend and certainly be back to enjoy more.Special Features:
- meeting with girlfriends8longagofriendsDined on 10/10/2014We had a table inside. Would have preferred outside, lovely patio sitting. However, the weather has not been cooperating, needed AC.Special Features:
- Great Local SpotlilluluDined on 10/3/2014This restaurant is one of our favorites. The service and staff are excellent. The food is just as great. They have a beautiful setting on the patio and on the inside and they have an upstairs area for large group parties. We love The Villa.Special Features:
- Great findCaliforniabillDined on 10/3/2014We were just passing through woodland hills on her way to the Reagan library. We stumbled on this great local restaurant for dinner. The place was packed we ate on the lovely patio the food was wonderful and the service was outstanding! Our waiter was especially outstanding noticing an error on my wife's plate which was immediately taken back and corrected. How often does that happen? Try it you'll like it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2014We have been to this venue as Latrek,Piacere and now the Villa. Beautiful spot, GREAT server, Morgana, the food was okay...I would return if the food was more beautifully plated and if it was a bit higher quality. Food was the only disappointment . We did laugh that the car was locked into the library lot...but the very nice man at the front desk ran out with keys to unlock the gate!Special Features:
- Don't waste time and moneyKnown4uDined on 9/27/2014The restaurant said it had no open reservations after 630 on a Sat. Had to make a 6:00 PM. Reservation for 2 and when we got there, only about 25% of restaurant tables were taken. They said by seven it would be full. We left at 8:00 PM and maybe only 60% full at that time. Big turn off and big attitude problems with hostess and servers. Food is overpriced and certainly not Italian and not very good. Big disappointment.
- try the crispy brussels sproutsmacwhispererDined on 9/26/2014lately, I have been in the habit of just stopping by random restaurants I find on open table or yelp, to check them out. This was one of those. Everything I had was delicious, but the crispy brussels sprouts just stand out as impeccable. Rather than being in the normal brussels sprouts form, they are peeled, and roasted, making them crispy. Tossed with some chili oil and pine nuts, they become an unbelievably tasty salad that you will lick the bowl for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best kept secret in the ValleyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/25/2014The Villa is an outstanding 5 star restaurant in Woodland Hills. It may be one of the best restaurants in Los Angeles. Absolutely delicious food.Special Features:
- Great experiencedaysooDined on 9/23/2014I took my mother there for her birthday. We had a great time. The waitress was excellent and the food was great. We sat outside on the patio and that was terrific. The atmosphere was delightful. It was quiet and comfortable.Special Features:
- A Garden DelightritaVIPDined on 9/18/2014Loved the garden setting! The steak was also very good. RitaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Use to be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/15/2014Just had dinner here and the food was awful. The piece of salmon was overcooked. The cranberry couscous was soggy and also definitely overcooked as well. The ambiance is nice, yet the food quality seems to be going way down. The manager is a very nice gentleman. Unfortunately, I think that they have a new not so great chef.
- Arrogant ChefOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2014I used to love the Villa, I was actually married there 12 yrs ago. This past weekend, I asked that instead of the sweet potato puree with the scallops, could I get the braised fennel, or some asparagus. The chef responded "no" the scallops would not taste as good, he would however substitute creamy corn with coconut. Another of my least favorites, creamed corn. So obviously substitution was not the issue, it was what HE wanted to change. Who is he to dictate what I like? I was not asking for something that was not already on the menu. As many changes as the Villa has been through, this is the first time we have had this unpleasant experience. Needless to say, we will not be back, and we will tell all our friends and family.
- GreatLupeDined on 9/9/2014It was great!! I was there for lunch first time and I think is perfect spot for gatherings at the patio area or back yard. I was happy and satisfy with the service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/8/2014Love the ambience at The Villa and have been many times. The food is usually very good although on my last visit the soup came out cold and completely tasteless. Other than this instance everything has been great.Special Features:
- Super romanticBethluvcookieDined on 9/1/2014We went for our anniversary and the service was great. Everyone is beyond friendly! Food was just as amazing and happy hour prices are a dream!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at The VillaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Did not get my dinner when everyone at our was served theirs. Waiter put in wrong order so my dinner came 10 min. later when everyone else was almost half way through theirs. Waiter did not reduce bill for huge inconvenience. Was very disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had high expectationslateoneDined on 8/29/2014The location is very pretty, they did a nice job on the façade to make it look really elegant, and the inside was also well decorated. From the comments I had read, this was going to be a fantastic find, it wasn't. The service was awful, the waitress who called everyone "hun" or "hunny" spoke to us like children and read the specials like a book. The drinks took forever, there was no one at the bar and the restaurant was 1/4 full, so we all wondered why. The food took long as well, and if it wasn't for the apple tart dessert, the night wasn't a total waste.Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodieDined on 8/28/2014Took my nephews here for their 23 bday. It was a beautiful setting outside. The service was horrible. Only one waiter for the entire area outside. I guess it was not the poor guys fault he was alone back there. The table next to us kept complaining. We felt bad to complain too. The food was so disappointing. The salad had a hair in it but I did not want to gross out the table. The lentils on my plate were not cooked enough. The bolognese was too much meat to noodles. Even the drinks were made wrong. The waiter said they would comp dessert but they did not. We had to ask them to take it off. It was not worth the $230 bill for 4. I dont mind paying for good food but when you spend and it is not good you feel cheated. Very disappointed.
- Missing Flatbread/Terrible MartinisDspotDined on 8/28/2014It was a disappointment to learn that after we all settled on what we were going to order, the waitress told us the restaurant was not selling flatbreads that evening due to a problem with the dough. The happy hour martinis were the worst I had ever tasted. The lemon drop had a artificial sweetener taste and was very bitter. I would return for the lovely patio ambience, but the food and drinks were nothing special, unfortunbately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy eleganceImpressmeDined on 8/24/2014Once you enter The Villa, it's as if you are in a private world; at least out on the patio. It is completely surrounded with its own "wall" of foliage that more than adequately shuts out the outside world. The music (which gives a French/Italian ambiance) helps to diminish outside noises as well, but still allows for easy conversation. The service is prompt, attentive without being bothersome, and quite congenial. The food was delicious with superb presentation and in sizes that are not over-filling. They have a nice variety of unique "taste" choices on the menu. Dress could be casual to semi-formal & all would feel comfortable. This is definitely a great find & worthy of special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014This is a particularily beautiful, well designed location with good food and excellent service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Lovely evening to dine outside. Great food and service. Loved the butternut squash tortellini The salmon was delicious My first time there I would go back great service from the time we walked in the door. WelcomingSpecial Features:
- Private Business MeetingsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Great place for large group meeting with our management team and Board of Directors, or a quiet one-on-one private meeting with the Chariman! Great place all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningstaceyDined on 8/16/2014Had a lovely evening dining on the patio. Wonderful service and great food. Only problem was two large parties there at the same time, so the calmness of the patio was missing. We left a lot sooner than we normally would haveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Villa!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014This is always my go-to spot for a nicer-than-usual place to go. The staff is always remarkably helpful and friendly and I'd go just for the crispy Brussels sprouts alone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What took us so long?Suzanne5266Dined on 8/8/2014After repeated recommendations by our family and friends... my husband and I had dinner at The Villa to celebrate our anniversary. The food was spectacular - prepared and served exceptionally well - and the ambiance was perfect. Although, we did not have a table on the patio (ALWAYS ask if there's an available table on the patio), our table and view was wonderful. Appetizers... the Crispy Brussels Sprouts and the Prosciutto Flatbread are to die for. Seriously... what took us so long to go here?? Going back soon. Very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood spotFoodieFreakVIPDined on 8/8/2014Second time dining here ... first time was a weeknight and this time was on a weekend. The sound level sure is different when the room is full and there's a large party across the way ... a bit too noisy for my taste. The best part of the menu are the starters. Try the crispy brussel sprouts and the lamb meatballs. Our server was a bit too "gushy" but otherwise competent. And the room itself is lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GinnyDined on 8/8/2014We all had salads that were delicious. The apple tart dessert excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GinnyDined on 7/30/2014Excellent food and service. The owner was there and was very congenial. Remodeled around 3 years ago and is a delight....beautiful chandeliers caught my attention. Noise level is high.it was way too hot to eat outside, but if the weather is mild, definitely would recommend it. Beautifully landscaped and designed. The same owner for 30 years and upscale remodeled done periodically so it's very appealing, both in ambience and decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Outdoor PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/17/2014Very comfortable patio seating for about 50 people, and it’s off Ventura so it’s quiet. There are trees over it, so it’s also not too hot. Food quality was very high, and service was attentive and friendly. Lamb shank was delicious, served with couscous and a grilled sausage. It comes with a spicy harissa sauce and a cool cucumber yogurt sauce.Special Features:
- Lunch on the patioTravels2dineVIPDined on 7/17/2014It was a beautiful day for lunching on their patio. Comfy benches with large pillows to get oneself just right at the table. We shared the Brussels sprouts appetizer which was amazingly delicious. Could have made a meal of it. My friends each had a cob salad which they loved and I had their trio of shrimp, asparagus and broccolini which was wonderful. Great food and great atmosphere. A wonderful afternoon treat. and very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enchanted GardenpassDined on 7/14/2014What a lovely outdoor garden setting. Loved it! A very nice b-day dinner! Will be coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bca1Dined on 7/11/2014Halibit special was very over priced and was dry and salty. The short ribs were tasty but also very salty, and they don't give you any vegtable with the meal, just a starchSpecial Features:
- Excellent place to catch upCazuaL6Dined on 7/11/2014First off, our server Gordon, was an excellent host. He wasn't over bearing. He gave just the right amour of space and service to keep me and my friends having a good time. The Villa is an excellent place to get away from the normal "noise" of a buzzing restaurant. The environment was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experienceLPHovercraftDined on 7/11/2014Had a great evening - extended dinner with full complement of appetizer, desserts and a bottle of wine. Recommendations from staff were spot-on and the food preparation was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place was beautifulAdriancoronelDined on 7/10/2014The ambiance of the place was beautiful. It is romantic, cozy, and unique. I will definitely come back again with my significant other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 394 reviews are from the The Villa reviews archive.
- Enchanting restaurantJerryStrawberryDined on 6/30/2014Wonderful place for outdoor dining, especially at night. A relax, family friendly environment brought us to a countryside like dining experience. The free parking area with its vaulted ivy high ceiling is a must see. My friends were charmed by its ambience and wonderful food, making it a magical moment for all of us to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ajayVIPDined on 6/28/2014A bit disappointed with the service, not enough attention to detail particularly whether we have silverware, and to think that their suggested tip was a minimum of 18%??? The food was mediocre at best, the ambience was good, but overall it was a bit pricey. Not going back and not recommending this place to my friends.