The View at CK's
Tampa International Airport
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The View at CK's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ckstampa.com/
- Phone: 8138786500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner : Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are planning a fundraiser, sales training or lavish banquet, our experienced team makes sure everything runs smoothly. The View at CK’S is centrally located from all major drive-in directions. Your attendees will find ample parking and will feel at ease when they know how easy it is to get here. In addition, for those flying in, they will save time and money as they walk from the plane to their hotel room. The View at CK’S is located in the airport terminal. No need for costly transportation! Custom menus, location close to dynamic attractions, the View at CK’S is your solution for top-notch events. The Perfect Place for Rehearsal Dinners and Holiday Events too!
- Private Party Contact: Richard Venson (813) 299-9456
A word from The View at CK's
The View at CK's is a contemporary seafood restaurant offering the best local seafood and certified Angus steaks prepared with innovation and style. The design features a revolving 360 degree panoramic view of Tampa Bay, highlighted by the nightly sunset over crystal blue Gulf waters. Entering directly into the expansive bar, contemporary jazz music greets the guest as the bartender crafts fresh juice cocktails, and the uniformed sushi chef actively chops and slices fresh rolls. Inside the dining room, sharply dressed servers blur together with the sounds of sizzle. The signature crab cake appetizer of Award Winning Chef Debra Desaulniers sets the tone for what is destined to be a unique and memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The View at CK's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Birthday dinner for my sonReneeDined on 6/29/2013My son wanted to go there for his birthday dinner. Food was good. Service was good. Only one person in our party had a problem with their food. He asked for his hamburger to be medium well. When he got it the burger was rare. Part of it was not cooked at all. We brought it to our waitresses attention and all she did was say it would be taken off the bill. Did not even offer him another meal. The manager never came over to our table to acknowledge that there was a problem. That seemed kind of strange an unprofessional. I guess it could be because it was their last night to be open.
- CK viewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2013The changing views made this dining experience special. The food was excellent and would come back again to try new dishes. The ambiance was made even more special by the entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2013Always have a lovely time at CKs at the Tampa Airport Marriott...it is a shame they closed for good this past Saturday night...they are incorporating the business from CKs down into the lobby restaurants at the hotel so a Tampa landmark is silenced. It is sad. The food, service and view is the best in Tampa....unfortunately I think it got lost among all the other high-end restaurants that have opened in Tampa over the past 10 years. It is a shame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Days of Rotating View at CK'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2013Service was outstanding. Our server gave good recommendations and was there when we needed her. The menu is a bit limited, but everything we ordered was great. Our side dish of green beans originally came out cold, but was corrected immediatly by the staff. My wife had the filet which was cooked perfectly. I had ordered the short ribs which were as tender as they could be. We shared a creme brulee as we watched the sunset. The restaurant is supposed to moving a floor below. So if you didnt get to eat there, you missed out on the spinning rooftop's spectacular view. The restaurant will be there, but without the "View", it wont be the same.Special Features:
- It will be missed...pbabDined on 6/26/2013Too bad CK's time with us is limited in its current venue. We just had to return again prior to the doors closing for good. Showed our daughter where we became engaged 15 years ago. The food and service were impecable, as always. The seafood dishes never disappoint and many of the wine selections are reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE VIEW IS THE BEST IN TAMPAJimInTampaDined on 6/22/2013THE ONLY REASON I GO TO THIS RESTAURANT IS THE VIEW! Once it closes at the end of the month, I will have no reason to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The View at CK'sMikeInTampaDined on 6/22/2013Excellent food, great view, sorry to hear that it's closing down!Special Features:
- Sad it's closedLambiePieVIPDined on 6/21/2013The food was great and love the 360 degree view. The pianist was so good, I hope he turns up at another local place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAshCakesDined on 6/21/2013The ambiance was great, the food was amazing and our server was very knowledgable and fun. Talked to us enough without being invasive. I got the omelet and it was an awesome choice!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It 's closingJanMDined on 6/15/2013We went to celebrate one last time before the restaurant closes. We arrived early in thinking it would be busy and to have a drink. It was so not busy they seated us a half hour early. But we waited at least 15 minutes before waitress arrived. She was pleasant the entire time but either she or the kitchen was extremely slow. Food is okay not stellar. And steaks VERY overpriced. I was not served what I ordered but didn't want to wait any longer. A party of 6 had automatic gratuity applied. Don't know if they had reached this,low to close or closing as explained for private party opportunities. Either way they close end of June. Don't rush there, just wave from a distance and save the trouble and your money. Too bad.
- The view was fabulous. I hadLeeLeeDined on 6/15/2013The view was fabulous. I had the seafood spaghetti dish. The shrimp and scallops were very fresh but the seasoning was less desirable. I LOVED the music from the gentleman on the piano. I felt rushed by the waiter. I plan to dine there again but with a different waiter and I'll try a different dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a dinning experiencedavedpDined on 6/14/2013I had a great dinning experience there. mostly for the view of tampa. back in the past went there with the family and found out that they were shutting their doors. had to take someone special to show that this will be a last time opportunity. the food was excellent the steak and fish was fresh and cooked with to the art of perfection. if your willing to throw a few dollars down it is well worth it to have your view there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rita's Retirement DinnerHillyDined on 6/14/2013Great Food, scenic view, and the LIVE music was a PLUS! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a shameJEHSDined on 6/6/2013I haven't been to CKs for perhaps 25 years or more. Regretfully, I probably won't go again. The revolving view is terrific fun, but the place was all but deserted. And for good reason. The food was mediocre at best and way over priced. It's a shame. With a fresher and better quality food and more imaginative presentation, this could be a special place. We had fun, but were so disappointed in the food.
- Perfect!CakersDined on 6/1/2013The location, view, food, service and overall ambience could not have been more perfect. Was ablsolutely the best romantice dinner out our husband & I have shared in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience and Great Music!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2013Great Ambience and Great Music!!!! The muscian introduced himself to ALL the guests!!! Great personality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceBennyboyDined on 6/1/2013We had the braised short ribs, they melted in our mouths! Service was sufficient and of course the view was great. Also liked the fellow playing guitar and singing. Too bad they are closing at end of June. TAmpa is losing a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerCKExperienceDined on 5/31/2013thoroughly enjoyed dinner at CK's! all the workers were very attentive and friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful sunsets at a priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/28/2013Limited pricey menu. All tasty food though. Great for sunsets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was the site of our firstRomantic1Dined on 5/28/2013This was the site of our first date and this visit was for our 30 anniversary . Very sorry this location is closing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and view was great asmarketingwzVIPDined on 5/25/2013Food and view was great as always. Hope it will reopen soon.Special Features:
- Sad ending...HankDined on 5/18/2013...to this unique treasure in Tampa Bay when they close to the public end of June. A renovation is sadly needed, but still this is a pleasant experience. Service left much to be desired, as our waiter was not overwhelmed with other tables scattered throughout. I think much of the staff has moved on to other established restaurants and some of the assistants and kitchen staff have been promoted to serve. The Macadamia grouper was outstanding, as was the carrot cake bread pudding. Our waiter was very friendly and put forth excellent effort, but was just overmatched/under experienced in his position.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CK's at MarriottgigiDined on 5/18/2013I loved the venue. We had fantastic views of airplanes taking off and landing. I enjoyed my macadamian crusted grouper that the waiter suggested. The asparagus was tender. The waiter was attentive. My friend thought her shrimp had too much breading. I would return and have recommended to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Have Always Loved CKsBocaBethDined on 5/17/2013This gem of a Tampa restaurant is on my family's list of favorites, and we are sad to see it go on June 29, 2013 and turn into a special events center. Excellent food, and Ronnie who has worked there for a LONG time is a fantastic server. The music was exceptional on the evening we went, and the artist went table to table being super courteous and welcoming.Special Features:
- TY'sBDAYTYBDAYDined on 5/16/2013"I love the relaxed feel of this place - the place actually revolves! I definitely would return and advise anyone to hurry and visit. It was my fiancée's birthday and he is an aspiring chef his self so every restaurant we visit he has an opinion on décor and the menu as well. This place was outstanding because he was amazed! The steak practically melt in your mouth and the portions were fulfilling to say the least. Every table seemed to have a romantic feel. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry to see it go!WbruffDined on 5/14/2013We are new to the area, and just heard about this restaurant. We try it, and loved it. So sorry to hear that it's closing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ever filetFoodloverDined on 5/10/2013The atmosphere is phenomenal. And the food was out of this world incredible. I would highly recommend the filet with the works it comes with this lump crab amazing topping that is just to die for, And a ton of it not just a little sparse amount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 360, and the food is1happyguestVIPDined on 5/1/2013Great 360, and the food is just as good. However in June CK's will be moving the the Lobby Level of the Marriott, and the 360 view will be used for something else. We are hoping that the quaily of the food, and the level of service, the kitchen, and wait staff make the trip downstairs. Get there before they close becasue you need to see sunset once from CK's 360 view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view of sunset and planesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/30/2013Awesomely nice folks here. Too bad it's closing in June.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best server we ever had.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2013Over all very impressed with everything, are server went well beyond to make are annivsary a very special one. Food was some of the best we tasted in some time and was worth every pennie. Thank you ck for making are annivasry a special one.Special Features:
- Always enjoy Cks but unfortunatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Always enjoy Cks but unfortunately it is destined to close in June. The restaurant is worth saving, give them a call 813-878-6500Special Features:
- Do not miss this unique experiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013This is a unique gem in Tampa. There is nothing else like it. The steaks are melt in your mouth and the seafood is fresh and prepared well. The ambiance and service is unmatched. It is a real shame that they are going to tear down this place to expand the airport. No doubt they will replace it with another TGIF's or Chili's. The revolving restaurant yields breath taking views of the Tampa and St.Pete/Clearwater skylines as well as Tampa Bay itself. The lights from the bridges reflect off of the bay waters with dazzling effects and unobstructed, brilliant sunsets. They close the revolving restaurant in June to retreat inside the hotel. They will close completely within a year so make a reservation before it is too late.Special Features:
- What can I say except thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2013What can I say except that it was a lovely evening and a wonderful meal at CK's. It was my friend's birthday on April 25th and he received a birthday piece of key lime pie which was excellent. George, our server, had my dinner custom made. I advised him that I could not eat shellfish for health reasons; my meal was prepared with only grouper, which I can eat. We have been to CK's in past years and it will always remain a fond memory. On one other visit, my hat fell on the carpet and the server brought it back to me - I'm sure after checking with all patrons to see who owned the hat. He actually did that twice that evening - that hat made a few trips around the restaurant!! Nice memories.Special Features:
- Expensive but niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/23/2013The food is definitely overrated and overpriced, but the ambiance of this restaurant was wonderful.Special Features:
- Good food - great view - attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Good food - great view - attentive service. I'll be back!
- CK's was a great choice forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013CK's was a great choice for our evening and I was sad to hear that they are closing down. We enjoyed our meal and everything was great. The only downside was the server we had named "George". He was a older gentleman, and was a bit slow at getting to us, we waited for 15 minutes to get our plates cleared and a check issued, and didn't even ask if we wanted dessert( we went to Melting Pot for that). I don't know how much longer we would have had to wait if it wasn't for one of the management to get us our check. I would recommend it but would recommend someone more upbeat.Special Features:
- The view is great. Takes 1hrOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/16/2013The view is great. Takes 1hr and 22mins to make a complete rotation around the bldg. Restaurant is closing for good in June or July so the "vibe" is pretty lame. Prices are crazy high for the caliber of food.Special Features:
- Not what we were hoping forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013disappointed, expected great service and food, was average but definitely not great. Calamari appetizer was garnished with grilled onion and peppers - my husband dislikes onions - never would have expected them on this appetizer. Antipasto appetizer was missing balsamic reduction entirely and had too much proscuitto with nothing to eat it with (crackers or crostini would have been nice) and I've never had an antipasto without olives before. grouper entree came with small amount of apparagus - it needed rice or another side. most disappointing was desert, we saw carrot cake bread pudding with bourbon cream cheese sauce on the menu, but were served a slice of cold carrot cake for $8. when we asked we were told they were out of the puddingSpecial Features:
- The view is awesome! It'sgatorjulesVIPDined on 4/10/2013The view is awesome! It's sad that this place is closing soon. The food was excellent, but definitely overpriced. It's clear that you are paying for the location. I had called the restaurant a few hours before my reservation time and I asked that a dessert be brought to my table for my husband's birthday. I was told they do this all the time and it would not be a problem. After dinner, no dessert arrived and instead, the check arrived. A few tables over, I saw a dessert with a candle being delivered to someone else. This is extremely disappointing, but I couldn't say anything with my husband sitting right there! The night worked out because we went to Datz Dough for dessert and that place is amazing.Special Features:
- Great food, great atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2013Great food, great atmosphere. Would recommend for special occasion. Lots of fun for everyone. Great service as well!Special Features: