The Victor Cafe
1303 Dickinson Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Victor Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.victorcafe.com/
- Phone: 2154683040
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 4:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Friday 5:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. Saturday 4:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Victor Cafe contains a grouping of intimate dining rooms which offer seating for a maximum of 135 people. Inquiries for smaller groups are also welcome. Special events may be booked for lunch, brunch, or dinner. Coctail hours with hot and cold butlered hors d'oeuvre may be arranged. We believe you will find the Victor Cafe a most unique dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: The Distefano Family 2154683040
- Entertainment: Live opera seven nights a week.
- Special Events: For parties larger than 10, please inquire within.
A word from The Victor Cafe
The Victor Café is an Italian restaurant that cultivates old traditions and seamlessly blends them with new ones. With classic Italian dishes and unforgettable live music, we invite you to join us for many enjoyable evenings for years to come.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
The Victor Cafe - Best Restaurants in South Philly ›
The Victor Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)neighborhood gem (99)romantic (86)good for groups (53)fit for foodies (33)notable wine list (16)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (11)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent neighborhood restaurantSkipDined on 9/27/2014This was our 2nd visit to the victor Cafe & it again was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Call for the reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Took my son for dinner. It was our first time. We got sat in the back, next to the station where the waiters dump the dirty dishes and out of the 8 performances that happened while we were there we only saw one. I asked about seating in the main section and was turn down and dismissed. Wait staff was fine and food ok. But the host was not. Unfortunately I would not recommend using open table for this place, you have to call and make sure you are seated in the section you want if you care to see the performances.Special Features:
- Unique ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014What a wonderful evening for our family! The waiters & waitresses were attentive without hovering and the intermittent opera singing was spectacular. Even as non-opera buffs we just thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The food was fabulous and the menu varied so there was something for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014This was our second time there and our waiter John remembered the drinks we had and my allergies. The small things mean so much; they make your dining experience remarkable! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaraVIPDined on 9/24/2014The staff was friendly and efficient. They sing opera here, which was terrific. The food is average. Most people were celebrating birthdays. Who wouldn't want happy birthday sung so beautifully. If only the food was betterSpecial Features:
- Wonderful night!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014The Victor Cafe was a true delight- delicious food, old time atmosphere and fabulous live singing! They have been going strong for years and there should be no stopping them-a real timeless gem!Special Features:
- JohnDined on 9/23/2014Food and opera renditions where excellent. Valet parking a great help in area.Special Features:
- PleasantGrpfromcaliDined on 9/23/2014The music and the talent of the waiters was amazing. Customer service and friendliness needs some work. Food was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2014The restaurant was recommended by a family friend whose great great grandfather and uncle started it in 1924. We were visiting Philadelphia and decided to go. It was easy to get to from Center City by subway. Food was wonderful. Service was great. Waiters sang opera but didn't overpower the evening. We all had a great time!! Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- You don't have to be an Opera buffJimboDined on 9/21/2014The food was excellent, the ambiance was warm and comfortable. The entertainment was great! The waiters every 20 minutes ring a bell and sing a short piece from an opera. The upstairs bar area is very cool. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- WonderfulCavanamsDined on 9/21/2014An absolutely wonderful experience for all in our party including two of us from Philadelphia who thought that they knew most of "The Best". Highly recommended without any reservation and definitely one of the places that we will visit on our next visit to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great niteDatenite44Dined on 9/20/2014We love Victor Cafe we always bring new friends to share a really fun nite with .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatluvtodineDined on 9/20/2014Food and service were great If you looking for modern dining then this is not the place to go. Older atmosphere but fits the whole story behind the restaurant! Was a great choice for me because my 5 year old and my two year old were entertained by the singers. The waiters and waitresses singing every fifteen minutes kept my children occupied which made for a relaxing and enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely DisappointedMikeEatsDined on 9/20/2014The waitress was not very good, she didn't explain the specials and told us we had to order everything at once. She also wasn't very aware of things, almost like she just started working there. We were celebrating our daughters birthday but they didn't do anything special even though we requested in advance and they confirmed as much. The fool was pretty good except the Caprese didn't have much flavor and they really skimped on my Linguine, although the clam sauce was very good. I had to eat a lot of bread to fill up.
- Exceptional!tlukasDined on 9/19/2014We were in Phila for a business conference and Victor Cafe was recommended highly. I have to say it far exceeded all of our expectations. The atmosphere, food and entertainment were super. By the next morning we had suggested it to many others attending our conference.Special Features:
- Inolvidable cena en FiladelfiaKar5Dined on 9/17/2014Unforgettable place. Muy buen ambiente. Muy buena comida.De lo mejor de Filadelfia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remembering dadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014My dad passed away in June and he always wanted to bring my daughter but he never was healthy enough to take her. I still kept my promise to him and we had a great experience and it was nice to have joy remembering him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- roseDined on 9/13/2014very unique place. the food is delicious and the service is excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience for EveryoneNewItalianOperaLoverDined on 9/13/2014I have wanted to go to Victor's Cafe for years. My mother was visiting from Texas so I figured this would be the perfect time. I am so happy that we made the trip into the city. The entertainment, service and food were outstanding. We had a perfect evening. The new upstairs lounge looks like a great place to hang out with friends and chat. I plan to check it out sometime. The ambiance is the typical South Philly Italian restaurant - close and loud. It's a unique experience for folks from out of town and it takes some adjustment. I highly recommend Victor's for a fun night out and good eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and loved it!PhillyJohnDined on 9/12/2014Driven past this place so many times and always wondered about it. Finally decided to try it out and took mom there for her birthday. Was amazing. Heard songs in Italian, French, German and English. The voices on these servers were excellent. Service was perfect. Food was delicious. Every single thing we had was great, from the burrata to the canneloni to the mushroom raviloi to the chicken piccata to the salted caramel gelato cake. All delicious. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- TWJ16Dined on 9/11/2014Extraordinary dining experience-excellent food surpassed only by exceptional serviceSpecial Features:
- Quite DifferentmemeDined on 9/6/2014Food was very good, portions ( at least what we had) a little on the small side. We had the clams and liguine and the "special" shrimp scampi, they were both very good. Appetizers were also very good. We did not have desert. Staff is very attentive and the also sing Opera. Every so oftern, they ring a bell, and the waiter/waitress will sing an Opera song. They also have a nice little lounge upstairs. Would diffently go back.Special Features:
- Mi-mi-mi-mi-mi-miDCEuropatravellerVIPDined on 9/6/2014Best place to be serenaded by opera signer quality wait staff for your birthday!Special Features:
- Good, good, goodChaiVIPDined on 9/6/2014Good food, good music, good prices. I've been here before and it is always a good time. Had a particular good time with server David, who is a tenor.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerkbwcanDined on 9/3/2014I transplanted myself home to Toronto a couple of years ago. I treat myself and my best friend to a dinner at Victor's on my annual trip to Philadelphia. Patty was our waitress; she's the best: personable, gracious, and sings like an angel. The other servers/singers were topnotch as well. I ordered the Prefix meal which consisted of Caesar salad, Fettuccini, and Tiramisu. Patty suggested a wonderful glass of red wine (the name escapes me). My friend ordered the Caesar salad, Asparagus, and the Broccoli rabe. The overall experience of dining at Victor's Café is the best I've ever encountered. Thanks for a wonderful evening! I'll be back next year! I highly recommend Victor's Café for a unique/superb dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingDined on 9/2/2014The experience was as always, wonderful. My daughter was there for the first time and she was impressed. The look from outside was misleading, when we get there they thought I brought them to same "Rinki Dinki" place, they said "that's it?" with dissapointment. My daughter had tears in her eyes hearing on of the songs. Thank you. She wants to plan a bacheleret party for her sister with dinner at Victor's.Special Features:
- The Victor Cafe, A Philly GemPhilly4FoodVIPDined on 8/30/2014It is always a special occasion when dining at The Victor Cafe because of the opportunity to hear the wait staff with wonderful voices burst into song, sometimes opera or even a song from My Fair Lady. Unfortunately the four of us sat next to some from loud groups which hindered our table conversation. However, they did quiet down when the music and singing began. The food this time was better than usual, and on the whole, we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True GemTarteeDined on 8/30/2014Great atmosphere, beautiful voices and a lovely meal. We will be back and we are bringing our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uniquely PhiladelphianLoveCCdiningVIPDined on 8/29/2014Thought we'd venture out of Center City for our friend's last evening visiting before returning to Peru. Irene loves the quirks, character and charm of Philly, so how better to spend her last night than at Victor Cafe. The food is always delicious and priced so reasonably. Pasta Caruso-linguine w chicken livers was terrific. Friends had veal two ways - both delicious. Of course, being seranaded by the talented wait staff makes Victor Cafe unique. Every local should bring their out of town guests here - and remember Victor when thinking of a charmer for a fun night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningCleanPlateClubDined on 8/26/2014Victor Cafe had been on the list of places to try for our monthly ladies dinner club. We has heard wonderful things about the wait staff who double as performers and were not disappointed by the opera and show tunes that took over the dining room every 20 minutes. Our waitress Iris was not only an opera wonder, but also an excellent server. The Tosca and Veal Saltimbocca were favorite dishes, but everyone was happy with their choices, you probably can't go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy 25th CathleenLillcyDined on 8/26/2014A trained soprano herself, my daughter picked the Victor Cafe to celebrate her birthday. Great pick! The restaurant was like taking a step back in time with ambiance galore. The food choices were many and all of our selections were excellent with large, deliciously prepared portions. The waitstaff was so pleasant and welcoming, and their voices were absolutely marvelous. When you eat out it is normally: Hurry and eat, and then hurry to leave so we can use your table... but, here at the Victor? It was eat some, relax, let us sing for you, eat some more, relax while we sing, eat some more, again we'll sing, and now, how about a nice desert, etc? We thoroughly enjoyed visiting the Victor Cafe. We'll be back again! A very nice night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and RomanticfoodloverDined on 8/26/2014The food was varied and quite good for the most part. Some dishes were a little disappointing. The best part is the singing wait staff. What a great idea! Very attractive older venue. Comfortable but with elegance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankDined on 8/25/2014Food and service were very good. Our group enjoyed dinner and the wonderful singing.Special Features:
- outstandingRockMerineauDined on 8/23/2014to listen the servers/singers is just astonishing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Michelle826Dined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is definitely one of my favorite finds in the city. It's unique- amazing service, delicious and authentic Italian food, and incredibly talented wait staff who serenade you with opera singing throughout the night. Definitely something to experience. Great for Birthday's and special events. By far the most impressive Happy Birthday song I have ever recieved!Special Features:
- Always an experienceVeggieFanDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I ate at the Victor Cafe last weekend, our third time there. We were in Philadelphia visiting from CT and we never miss a chance to eat there when we're in town. The food was adequate, but that's not really the reason to go there. The singing of operatic arias by the very talented waitstaff makes the Victor Cafe unlike any other restaurant I've ever been to. Our own waiter, David, was friendly and attentive, in addition to being an amazing Tenor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendous treatmichieVIPDined on 8/22/2014The waitstaff besides being so professional and personal have the most impressive voices. I highly recommend this to anyone that will appreciate beautiful opera voices. I went with trip advisor reviews and have not stopped raving. I am telling everyone it is worth the visit and will go back again bravo to victors cafeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Went here for the first time on a first date, didn't know what to expect. Everything from the food to the service to the singing was great and it gave plenty to talk about. Deffinately recommend this place for a fun different dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night!nicoDined on 8/16/2014You will always be impressed and awed by the singing here. There is no shortage of talent. The food is good too. For me the singing is the draw. Great for a romantic evening. Great for birthdays too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Singing waiters/Great foodsoozDined on 8/15/2014Love this special restaurant. Old-fashioned decorating, traditional Italian tablecloths and setting, great food. The most wonderful part is the opera-singing waitstaff--absolutely wonderful. Perfect for a special occasion. Love it!Special Features: