The Victor Cafe
1303 Dickinson Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Victor Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.victorcafe.com/
- Phone: (215) 468-3040
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 4:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Friday 5:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. Saturday 4:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Victor Cafe contains a grouping of intimate dining rooms which offer seating for a maximum of 135 people. Inquiries for smaller groups are also welcome. Special events may be booked for lunch, brunch, or dinner. Coctail hours with hot and cold butlered hors d'oeuvre may be arranged. We believe you will find the Victor Cafe a most unique dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: The Distefano Family 2154683040
- Entertainment: Live opera seven nights a week.
- Special Events: For parties larger than 10, please inquire within.
A word from The Victor Cafe
The Victor Café is an Italian restaurant that cultivates old traditions and seamlessly blends them with new ones. With classic Italian dishes and unforgettable live music, we invite you to join us for many enjoyable evenings for years to come.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
The Victor Cafe - Best Restaurants in South Philly ›
The Victor Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (123)neighborhood gem (121)romantic (96)good for groups (56)fit for foodies (45)notable wine list (19)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (8)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Really enjoyed dinner and the singingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/15/2014Victor Cafe is a very unique place and it was a perfect place to celebrate some birthdays. We all enjoyed the experience and our dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GillisDined on 11/15/2014Excellent food, drink and singing as usual. We really enjoy the relaxing lounge before and after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance!JonaDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I shared pasta and salmon entrees. Both were very good. We especially enjoyed the opera singing, looking at the many pictures, and the overall ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the OrdinaryOttawanDined on 11/13/2014Sing for your supper if you dare, once you have sampled the musical "chops" of the restaurant staff. Extraordinarily hospitable establishment with excellent food and vintage recorded opera music punctuated every 15-20 minutes be live aria or art song.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KCF24Dined on 11/8/2014This was the first time visiting after a weekend in NYC with my daughter and we had a great time. Will be making another reservation soon for my husband and myself.Special Features:
- pleasent night outtsunamiDined on 11/8/2014we had a very enjoyable evening at the victor café. the wait staff is so pleasant, energetic and talented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- finediningDined on 11/8/2014Always enjoyable. Food is consistently good. The singing wait staff is outstanding.Special Features:
- Anniversary WaltzFormerFrankfordDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I had a great time at Victor Cafe Saturday night. Celebrated our sixth anniversary with good food, great music, courteous service. Our second trip to Victor, a place with neighborhood cred and great history. We'll come back againSpecial Features:
- Absolutely fabulousrarewelldoneDined on 11/8/2014This was one of the best dining experiences my wife and I have had, and we've been all over the world. I made the reservation the night before and ordered from the price fix menu. My wife had the salmon and I had the chicken picatta. Both were delicious. About every 20 minutes one member of the staff performed a piece from an opera; there was one beautiful rendition from 'My Fair Lady' as well. We have never been opera fanatics, but the music and the talent was exceptional. There is a lounge upstairs as well that seems very inviting. We are from NJ and will definitely be back to celebrate a special occasion with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Opera lovers delightBillVIPDined on 11/7/2014The Victor has a unique atmosphere and it reminded me of the old Sea Witch in San Francisco with their singing wait staff. The difference is Victor is about opera and the Sea Witch was about show tunes. In any case, it was good entertainment but slow service. I had the pork chop with the beet salad and Mary had the Salmon over linguine with the pear salad. We would go back but not on a Friday night as the staff was over loaded. This is a family owned and run establishment and the family was very much in attendance. Go and enjoy the music but be prepared for an extended stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for food and operaready2eatDined on 11/5/2014A great restaurant for opera and food lovers. The pear and spinach salad is outstanding. The shrimp scampi was in a light sauce over noodles which was a pleasant change from the usual cream sauce. The desserts were a treat, both the chocolate cake with vanilla gelato and the crème brulee. The servers who sang operatic arias about every 20 minutes had trained voices and were the highlight of the evening. Pictures of opera stars from the turn of the 20th century onward covered the walls. A unique dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Victor Cafe BRAVO !!!LBIrickDined on 11/3/2014Had a great time eating dinner at Victor Cafe with my wife and 2 teenage daughters. Nice atmosphere, freindly staff, good food and outstanding singing !! My whole family enjoys opera, but you do not need to be an opera buff to have a good time here. The entire staff is comprised of talented singers and you do not know who might break into an aria at any moment. We do not usually order desert, but were compelled to so we could stay longer and hear more singing. A great treat for the whole family. The restaurant actually called us on the day of our reservation, to see if we were celebrating any special occasion. That's great customer service !! Would definitely return !Special Features:
- Always a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014A wonderful place to take first timers... It's just a great joy when you take someone there for the first time and don't tell them about the singing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Support Singing!BonefishflyDined on 10/30/2014Victor's is fun; you can hear your fellow diners, it is not a superb dining experience, although the food has improved. We go once or twice a year for the entertainment and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/30/2014Great food and loved the waiters singing opera throughout dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still returning for 45+ yearsfoodiewifeDined on 10/26/2014Good food, talented artists, enriching environment. Took my parents back while they were visiting; they've returned for 45+ years (and introduced us years ago).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!myricitaDined on 10/26/2014This restaurant is a MUST in Philly!!!! The service, the food, the place... all is PERFECT! AWESOME! INCREDIBLE!!! No words no describe the great restaurant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- wonderful restaurant to returnDEZWRESDined on 10/25/2014It's a decent restaurant to dine with family or friends even if you don't particular like opera. The Italian food itself is above average with the average restaurant price tag ... The only downside is parking... It's literally impossible to find street parking around that neighborhood Valet parking is the way to go but you'll have to spend extra $12 ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the wait!pennies18Dined on 10/25/2014This charming neighborhood gem is worth the time it takes to actually get to your table. There is a lovely lounge upstairs where you can wait with a glass of wine for your table. The singers are amazing, the service is fantastic and the food is sublime. This is definitely a must visit restaurant!Special Features:
- FunGarthfisDined on 10/25/2014We had a great meal and enjoyed the opera. Victor Café is a fun venue and something different. Recommended.
- A FavoriteFranXDined on 10/24/2014We love this place. The staff is all about FUN... and MUSIC you can not go wrong. The night is guaranteed to be entertaining with great food to seal the deal. Have celebrated anniversaries here, and this past visit a birthday surprise for my wife, had to arrive a month early to surprise her but everyone was glad to play along, and she was certainly surprised. Did I mention that the food is great as well.Special Features:
- SuperiorAussieVisitorDined on 10/20/2014Best pasta ever, and most unique setting -- nothing like it anywhere elseSpecial Features:
- Dinner and entertainmentMartinDined on 10/19/2014What a find! A neighborhood restaurant where the waiters sing opera, and sing it very well indeed. Fun, good food, entertainment, and yet casual. This is a great place to take visitors to see and taste something quite different. Loved it!Special Features:
- Dining EnvironmentGillisDined on 10/18/2014Very unique restaurant offering a nice bar, fine dining and a "show". The most pleasant point is the customer never seems rushed. Dinner was relaxing and the staff encourages everyone to eat slow and enjoy the accompanying opera singers throughout the night. I highly recommend the Caesar Salad. The greens were crisp and anchovies had a little bite. For the entree', the pork chop was a top choice. Although thick cut, it was very tender and juicy. It rested on freshly made garlic mashed potatoes and topped with slowly cooked sliced apples and onions with a brandy glaze. A dessert of spumoni and a glass of Amaretto on the rocks closed the evening nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner, great singingVafromNJDined on 10/18/2014Had a table near the singing action and really enjoyed both the food and the show tunes and the opera. the singing staff were very talented and entertaining. I'd go again anytime and have recommended the restaurant to many of my friends alreadySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014The upstairs bar is one of the best kept secrets isn Philadelphia. The bartender Bill makes a great cocktail and knows how to carry a perfect bar conversation. The low lit room with candlelight and the Opera drifting up from downstairs is beautiful and there are plenty of cozy couches and chairs for groups or a romantic duo. Bill you're the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseWeTeavelDined on 10/18/2014We went to hear the operatic selections performed by the waitstaff but was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fun and Good FoodDickDined on 10/13/2014Victor's really is a one of the iconic restaurants in Philadelphia (or anywhere else). The setting is very interesting with the walls covered with old photos of opera greats. The food is very good with a limited but adequate wine list. But the most spectacular part of the evening is when the wait staff rings a bell and begins singing. Some are professionals between jobs, others are students, but all are professionally trained opera singers and all are wonderful. You will enjoy the food and intimate entertainment.Special Features:
- A Philly Must VisitSoCalMrsMoffDined on 10/12/2014Love, love, love Victor's! The food is great and the entertainment is a rare treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful and uniqueGreaseDined on 10/12/2014This is a unique experience that combines great food with ambiance and wonderful entertainment. If you want to enjoy a memorable evening, take someone special and go to the Victor Cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GirlsDined on 10/12/2014Went for a birthday. Decor was very neat and inviting. Service was great. Food was delicious. Clams casino and cannelloni. Outstanding was the opera sung by the young waiters and waitresses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live upOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014It has been some time since we dined at Victor's. We use to love brining other friends and family to this unique dining experience. On this particular night we were some what disappointed. Two meals were good at best the other two were poor. The service was good at best. We dined for over 1.5 hrs and only heard two songs. You advertise about a price fix menu but would not except it on Sunday yet no where in the website does it state that. Will I go back maybe no not anytime soon.Special Features:
- ExcellentMaryDined on 10/11/2014We loved it and want to bring my 92 year old Italian father and Uncle next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique ExperienceCherylpd1Dined on 10/11/2014My daughters and I took my husband out for a show and dinner for his birthday. Of course that turned out to be two shows, since there was another one at The Victor Cafe. Outstanding atmosphere, operatic arias and a totally unique Happy Birthday rendition. We all enjoyed each and everything that we ordered for dinner. Not to be missed!Special Features:
- n2dsouthVIPDined on 10/10/2014The Victor Café is a one of a kind type of place. It reminded me of several of the places I dined when I toured Italy. I wish there was a similar place in the Washington, DC area. I would recommend the Victor Café to anyone who comes to Philadelphia.Special Features:
- What a findSuzeebeeDined on 10/10/2014We went for the first time...definitely won't be the last time !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Pleasantly surprised by ambiance. Great food and service. Traditional South Philadelphia Italian restaurant. I will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun experiencehotelyDined on 10/10/2014the food was ok but the singing opera waiters were a surprise. they are very talented. Fun night - good service - would recommend if you want to do something different.Special Features:
- Couldnt be happier with the eveningJoeJVIPDined on 10/6/2014Was a perfect setting for a work group and the singing was inspiringSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and music!AnnieBDined on 10/6/2014I took my parents to Victor Café for their birthdays, and they loved it! The food was wonderful as always, and the staff are friendly. And of course, their singing is amazing! My favorite place to take people, especially if they've never been there before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.