The Victor Cafe
1303 Dickinson Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Victor Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.victorcafe.com/
- Phone: 2154683040
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 4:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Friday 5:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. Saturday 4:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Victor Cafe contains a grouping of intimate dining rooms which offer seating for a maximum of 135 people. Inquiries for smaller groups are also welcome. Special events may be booked for lunch, brunch, or dinner. Coctail hours with hot and cold butlered hors d'oeuvre may be arranged. We believe you will find the Victor Cafe a most unique dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: The Distefano Family 2154683040
- Entertainment: Live opera seven nights a week.
- Special Events: For parties larger than 10, please inquire within.
A word from The Victor Cafe
The Victor Café is an Italian restaurant that cultivates old traditions and seamlessly blends them with new ones. With classic Italian dishes and unforgettable live music, we invite you to join us for many enjoyable evenings for years to come.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
The Victor Cafe - Best Restaurants in South Philly ›
The Victor Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (119)neighborhood gem (115)romantic (94)good for groups (57)fit for foodies (43)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (13)hot spot (8)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- AWESOME!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014This restaurant is a MUST in Philly!!!! The service, the food, the place... all is PERFECT! AWESOME! INCREDIBLE!!! No words no describe the great restaurant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- wonderful restaurant to returnOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014It's a decent restaurant to dine with family or friends even if you don't particular like opera. The Italian food itself is above average with the average restaurant price tag ... The only downside is parking... It's literally impossible to find street parking around that neighborhood Valet parking is the way to go but you'll have to spend extra $12 ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the wait!pennies18Dined on 10/25/2014This charming neighborhood gem is worth the time it takes to actually get to your table. There is a lovely lounge upstairs where you can wait with a glass of wine for your table. The singers are amazing, the service is fantastic and the food is sublime. This is definitely a must visit restaurant!Special Features:
- FunGarthfisDined on 10/25/2014We had a great meal and enjoyed the opera. Victor Café is a fun venue and something different. Recommended.
- A FavoriteFranXDined on 10/24/2014We love this place. The staff is all about FUN... and MUSIC you can not go wrong. The night is guaranteed to be entertaining with great food to seal the deal. Have celebrated anniversaries here, and this past visit a birthday surprise for my wife, had to arrive a month early to surprise her but everyone was glad to play along, and she was certainly surprised. Did I mention that the food is great as well.Special Features:
- SuperiorAussieVisitorDined on 10/20/2014Best pasta ever, and most unique setting -- nothing like it anywhere elseSpecial Features:
- Dinner and entertainmentMartinDined on 10/19/2014What a find! A neighborhood restaurant where the waiters sing opera, and sing it very well indeed. Fun, good food, entertainment, and yet casual. This is a great place to take visitors to see and taste something quite different. Loved it!Special Features:
- Dining EnvironmentGillisDined on 10/18/2014Very unique restaurant offering a nice bar, fine dining and a "show". The most pleasant point is the customer never seems rushed. Dinner was relaxing and the staff encourages everyone to eat slow and enjoy the accompanying opera singers throughout the night. I highly recommend the Caesar Salad. The greens were crisp and anchovies had a little bite. For the entree', the pork chop was a top choice. Although thick cut, it was very tender and juicy. It rested on freshly made garlic mashed potatoes and topped with slowly cooked sliced apples and onions with a brandy glaze. A dessert of spumoni and a glass of Amaretto on the rocks closed the evening nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014The upstairs bar is one of the best kept secrets isn Philadelphia. The bartender Bill makes a great cocktail and knows how to carry a perfect bar conversation. The low lit room with candlelight and the Opera drifting up from downstairs is beautiful and there are plenty of cozy couches and chairs for groups or a romantic duo. Bill you're the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseWeTeavelDined on 10/18/2014We went to hear the operatic selections performed by the waitstaff but was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Fun and Good FoodDickDined on 10/13/2014Victor's really is a one of the iconic restaurants in Philadelphia (or anywhere else). The setting is very interesting with the walls covered with old photos of opera greats. The food is very good with a limited but adequate wine list. But the most spectacular part of the evening is when the wait staff rings a bell and begins singing. Some are professionals between jobs, others are students, but all are professionally trained opera singers and all are wonderful. You will enjoy the food and intimate entertainment.Special Features:
- A Philly Must VisitSoCalMrsMoffDined on 10/12/2014Love, love, love Victor's! The food is great and the entertainment is a rare treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful and uniqueGreaseDined on 10/12/2014This is a unique experience that combines great food with ambiance and wonderful entertainment. If you want to enjoy a memorable evening, take someone special and go to the Victor Cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GirlsDined on 10/12/2014Went for a birthday. Decor was very neat and inviting. Service was great. Food was delicious. Clams casino and cannelloni. Outstanding was the opera sung by the young waiters and waitresses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live upOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014It has been some time since we dined at Victor's. We use to love brining other friends and family to this unique dining experience. On this particular night we were some what disappointed. Two meals were good at best the other two were poor. The service was good at best. We dined for over 1.5 hrs and only heard two songs. You advertise about a price fix menu but would not except it on Sunday yet no where in the website does it state that. Will I go back maybe no not anytime soon.Special Features:
- ExcellentMaryDined on 10/11/2014We loved it and want to bring my 92 year old Italian father and Uncle next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique ExperienceCherylpd1Dined on 10/11/2014My daughters and I took my husband out for a show and dinner for his birthday. Of course that turned out to be two shows, since there was another one at The Victor Cafe. Outstanding atmosphere, operatic arias and a totally unique Happy Birthday rendition. We all enjoyed each and everything that we ordered for dinner. Not to be missed!Special Features:
- n2dsouthVIPDined on 10/10/2014The Victor Café is a one of a kind type of place. It reminded me of several of the places I dined when I toured Italy. I wish there was a similar place in the Washington, DC area. I would recommend the Victor Café to anyone who comes to Philadelphia.Special Features:
- What a findSuzeebeeDined on 10/10/2014We went for the first time...definitely won't be the last time !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected gemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Pleasantly surprised by ambiance. Great food and service. Traditional South Philadelphia Italian restaurant. I will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun experiencehotelyDined on 10/10/2014the food was ok but the singing opera waiters were a surprise. they are very talented. Fun night - good service - would recommend if you want to do something different.Special Features:
- Couldnt be happier with the eveningJoeJVIPDined on 10/6/2014Was a perfect setting for a work group and the singing was inspiringSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and music!AnnieBDined on 10/6/2014I took my parents to Victor Café for their birthdays, and they loved it! The food was wonderful as always, and the staff are friendly. And of course, their singing is amazing! My favorite place to take people, especially if they've never been there before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Victor Triohoward2VIPDined on 10/4/2014An evening at The Victor Cafe is always fun and entertaining, but especially on the weekend. The service is very good, the food is wonderfully Italian, and the entertainment is hard to beat, especially given the setting. We (3) had a wonderful meal and a terrific evening. If you go for the fun and music, you will be pleasantly surprised by the food.Special Features:
- One of a Kind!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Been here twice already and plan to make this my primary "special occasion" spot...or even my "treat myself" spot. The food is great, a bit pricey for my budget but maybe not yours ($25-30 average just for entree). They have veggie options and are willing to work with you to try to make a dish veggie. The waiters and waitresses are AMAZING in every way - their signing voices are amazing and their professionalism is top notch as they wait on you. They help each other out when it's busy, so you are never waiting too long for your food (others will bring it to you). I highly recommend this place. It doesn't matter where you sit, they all take turns signing in different areas of the restaurant so everyone gets equal opportunity to listen.Special Features:
- AwesomesmilovichDined on 10/4/2014Highly recommended! Second time here. Does not disappoint.Special Features:
- Nice Singing, but...JasonBBDined on 10/4/2014The singing was very good. I was not happy with the service. It was consistently slow and it appears that is norm for that restaurant. I would not go back even just for the singing. The food was OK. I would go back if someone else was paying, though. In terms of recommending the place, I would let my friends know about the slow service and let them make the decision.Special Features:
- Unique ExperienceRestaurantfanDined on 10/3/2014Great entertaining evening. Service slow at first. (30 minutes after being seated before a waiter appeared - think there might have been a mix-up on who was responsible for our table.) Singing was excellent. Very enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly goodLocalgirlDined on 10/2/2014One goes to Victor's Cafe more for the entertainment. The wait staff are aspiring opera singers, and perform every 20-30 minutes. Their talent level is amazing! What I was most surprised about, was the quality of the food. It was fabulous! Everything we ordered was fresh and yummy. I would go back for the food as well as the performances.Special Features:
- MemorableWCTofDtownDined on 10/1/2014I have been taking family and friends to The Victor Cafe for many, many years and the response is always the same - amazing! While some may prefer the trendy or the exotic, The Victor Cafe is authentic in the very best way. The food is delicious, the service attentive and friendly, and you just settle in when you hear the bell ring and the restaurant falls silent. Then you watch as your wonderful waiter takes their place on a raised step and listen as the music begins. Talented is an insuffiencient description. Magical is more apt as the clear arias are sung with beauty and passion. There is no equal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo!RevRichDined on 10/1/2014Great food, great service, fantastic and talented waitstaff. If you love opera or want to know if you do, the perfecr place for you is Victor Cafe. The menue is great but what makes Victor Cafe so special is that everyone that eorks there is a excellent performer. We went th err e are first time with early reservations and as soon as we were seatedthe waitress asked, "you are our first guests this evening, do you have plans after dinner? If so I will suggest selections that are quick. Not because im rushing you out but I want you both to have time to eat and sit back and enjoy." After we ordered the busboy rang a small bell and presented us with a beautiful aria. That was just tge begining. While we ate each one of the staff did the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent neighborhood restaurantSkipDined on 9/27/2014This was our 2nd visit to the victor Cafe & it again was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Call for the reservationPhillyfoodiefinder123Dined on 9/27/2014Took my son for dinner. It was our first time. We got sat in the back, next to the station where the waiters dump the dirty dishes and out of the 8 performances that happened while we were there we only saw one. I asked about seating in the main section and was turn down and dismissed. Wait staff was fine and food ok. But the host was not. Unfortunately I would not recommend using open table for this place, you have to call and make sure you are seated in the section you want if you care to see the performances.Special Features:
- Unique ExperienceDevinefunDined on 9/26/2014What a wonderful evening for our family! The waiters & waitresses were attentive without hovering and the intermittent opera singing was spectacular. Even as non-opera buffs we just thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The food was fabulous and the menu varied so there was something for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal serviceTravel4foodDined on 9/26/2014This was our second time there and our waiter John remembered the drinks we had and my allergies. The small things mean so much; they make your dining experience remarkable! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaraVIPDined on 9/24/2014The staff was friendly and efficient. They sing opera here, which was terrific. The food is average. Most people were celebrating birthdays. Who wouldn't want happy birthday sung so beautifully. If only the food was betterSpecial Features:
- Wonderful night!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014The Victor Cafe was a true delight- delicious food, old time atmosphere and fabulous live singing! They have been going strong for years and there should be no stopping them-a real timeless gem!Special Features:
- JohnDined on 9/23/2014Food and opera renditions where excellent. Valet parking a great help in area.Special Features:
- PleasantGrpfromcaliDined on 9/23/2014The music and the talent of the waiters was amazing. Customer service and friendliness needs some work. Food was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2014The restaurant was recommended by a family friend whose great great grandfather and uncle started it in 1924. We were visiting Philadelphia and decided to go. It was easy to get to from Center City by subway. Food was wonderful. Service was great. Waiters sang opera but didn't overpower the evening. We all had a great time!! Would highly recommend!Special Features: