The Vic Public House
580 Church Street
Toronto, ON M4Y 2E5Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
Gastro PubPrice: CAN$30 and under
The Vic Public House
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.thevicpubtoronto.ca/
- Phone: 4169449888
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday 11.00AM to 2.00AM Saturday and Sunday 9.00AM to 2.00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Edric DeVilla
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Vic Public House is the perfect setting for any function. With 4 private rooms and a spacious garden patio, it is the perfect fit for your next breakfast, luncheon or dinner event. We are fully equipped with all necessary AV equipment & guarantee to work with you in planning your ideal event!
- Private Party Contact: Jimmy Georgoulis 4169449888
- Entertainment: Live Jazz every Friday Night starting at 6.00 PM
- Special Events: Space available for small parties of 10 to larger parties up to 200
A word from The Vic Public House
Downtown Neighborhood Pub serving comfort food, featuring local and imported beers on tap. Open 7 days a week for lunch, dinner, late night snacks and brunch on the weekends. Full service outdoor patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Vic Public House reviews from OpenTable diners
- This place used to be FuzionMauercDined on 6/15/2012This place used to be Fuzion and the service was always awful. That issue seems to have been rectified now - our service was great and the food was perfectly good.Special Features:
- Thoroughly enjoyed our nightterrypVIPDined on 6/10/2012Thoroughly enjoyed our night on the patio at this relatively new spot. Had the duck poutine, but realized it had hoisin sauce and I'm gluten intolerant, so switched with my daughter to the pulled pork version. Duck was better, but pulled pork was still pretty awesome. My only quibble is that it had just a bit too much sauce. But food and drink were worth the visit and reasonable priced and the atmosphere was festive without being too boisterous.
- Extremely loud and very littleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/4/2012Extremely loud and very little space. Food is great and the beer selection is average. Service was slow.Special Features:
- It was ok nothing great iMexDVIPDined on 6/1/2012It was ok nothing great i went here before when it was Fuzion and the food was a lot better back then. We go the Wings, Duck taco and Pulled pork sandwich. The wings came out and some of them were already int he warmer/cold side, the duck Taco were good but they were so small for the price and the pulled pork sandwich was ok nothing really special i had better.
- Exceeded my expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2012First time eating here since the switch from Fuzion. INCREDIBLE improvement. The staff were friendly, quick and had no problem accommodating my group with any requests we had. The large selection of craft beer pleased myself and my mate and complimented our duck tacos and steak and fries nicely. The patio was lively which was exactly what we were looking for. Good music, a tiny bit loud at some points but not to the point it was distracting. I wish the patio had designated smoking sections, but there was enough of a breeze and our server was happy to move us to a different table when we asked. Food was brought quickly and hot, and our desserts were awesome. Can't wait to come back and to try brunch and the portobello sandwichSpecial Features:
- Excellent food! AccordingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2012Excellent food! According to the server this place used to be a more upscale dining restaurant. They kept the cooks and some of the menu items but made the atmosphere more casual and dropped the prices, so in essence you get first class food at a reasonable price. It is very delicious and they have excellent poutine selections. The patio is large and very busy on a sunny day. It is definitely a cool spot to hang out for just some drinks or grab a bite too.Special Features:
- It's a gay 'ol neighbourhoodSolutionsGroupVIPDined on 2/13/2012It's a gay 'ol neighbourhood bar. People who want to be seen go there. Unfortunately, food is not uncommon. Sugo next door serves better food. So foodies, not a place for you. People watching? This is the place for you.
- Great Service!!iheartfoodVIPDined on 11/6/2011Brunch was fantastic.. Wayne (our server) was attentive, friendly, knowledgeable and just great!! Would recommend as a regular brunch spot.Special Features:
- I Came For The Duck *Quack*OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/19/2011Great meal, but it took a bit too long to come out. I think anyone who know's Fuzion know's there can often be a wait - seems like they forgot about you. If it wasn't for the great food, great drinks and great service, I wouldn't be coming back - for more duck confit poutine, amazing ! A++Special Features:
- A good option for Church StreetDeanDined on 6/11/2011A good option for Church Street village, but like most restaurants there, scores low on quality of food and service. Wines on the list frequently unavailable. Cocktails hit and miss. On the plus side, a nice setting and great place to dine outside when the weather is good.Special Features:
- We weren't seated for a veryTOShoegalDined on 10/24/2009We weren't seated for a very long time and ended up spending most of the night waiting for our table at the bar - even though we did make reservations. They messed up our drink orders and the bill was wrong. Don't know if they were just having an off night or if this is the usual.
- Amazing service, gorgeousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/8/2009Amazing service, gorgeous patio. Was here for lunch and was very impressed by the whole experience.Special Features:
- after waiting an hour pastOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/23/2008after waiting an hour past our reservation time, we were seated inside with 8 open tables! why were we kept waiting if they had a whole room available! Food portions were small but tasty, The service was slow, but the manager was apologetic and did comp a glass of wine.Special Features:
- In the heart of the gay districtOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/20/2008In the heart of the gay district of Toronto but there was a mixed crowd. Interesting experience when a squirrel was chased off the roof by racoons and fell to it's death inches from our table!! Food and wine were outstanding and nice ambience in the outside dining area - despite flying squirrels!Special Features:
- Great outdoor dining, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/25/2008Great outdoor dining, good food and service, Perfect for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- Excellent restaurant, butOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/15/2008Excellent restaurant, but it clearly cut corners for the Summerlicious festival. Portions were were ultra-tiny, more like cocktail party nibbles than lunch. The cold soup was bland and disappointing. (Had it even been made that day?) OTOH, $20 is very little for three courses. Why not charge $25 or $30 and upgrade the food a bit? On the positive side, the lichee nut martini was outstanding, as was the overall ambience. But I'm not sure I'd return, especially with a client, for a $100 plus dinner. I just can't be sure of the food quality.
- Visited this restaurant forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2008Visited this restaurant for summerlicious. Although the food tasted very good the portions were far to small. I ordered Ravioli and literally got 5 pieces. The watermelon salad consisted of 4 pieces of watermelon, a slice of feta and greens for decoration. I left the restaurant hungry. Service was also a little slow considering the restaurant was not very busy.Special Features:
- Great food and very friendlyChristopherVIPDined on 5/3/2008Great food and very friendly service (Adam took incredibly good care of us). Total bill with a bottle of wine, cocktails and four courses was $250 before gratuity -- maybe about 15 percent more than it was worth. Try to reserve the two-top that sits in the front bay window. It got a bit cold in the dining room and we had to ask that the heat be turned up, which it promptly was. Upstairs is a very cool lounge area with DJ -- they're definitley trying to create a concept that's more than just a place to eat and, between the upstairs lounge and outdoor lounge areas, I think they've done a pretty good job.Special Features: