Verandah at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
142 Racquet Park Drive
Amelia Island, FL 32034Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Verandah at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/AmeliaIsland/Dining/TheVerandah.aspx
- Phone: (904) 277-5958x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar
A word from Verandah at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
Throughout the years, Verandah has established itself as one of Amelia Island's finest restaurants. Enjoy fresh, traditional seafood along with an extensive yet approachable wine list in a relaxing setting. Delivering the flavors of the local Atlantic Ocean and neighboring farmers directly to your plate, our chefs' dedication to the finest local ingredients guarantees that what’s fresh is what’s for dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Verandah at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort - Best Restaurants in Fernandina Beach ›
Verandah at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)fit for foodies (26)romantic (19)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (14)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (7)notable wine list (7)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fast MealDinerDined on 8/31/2014The service was friendly and the food excellent though not innovative. Much better than most hotel dining spots. The only thing that could have been improved upon was the speed of service. It was really too fast for an upscale restaurant. I did see lots of families there, so quick service might be what most expect. Also there were several large groups which could have affected speed of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite Service!SpeedyDined on 8/29/2014The Verandah is sometimes overlooked as a dining destination. I have found the food quality has greatly improved since it's affiliation with the Omni Resorts. Service can make a big difference. At the Verandah, their service staff equals the Ruth's Chris type restaurants. We were fortunate to have had Elizabeth, a server who has been with this restaurant for eight years. Her European accent and outstanding service made our visit extra special. We had the crab encrusted grouper, accompanied by succotash. Also, if you want the best fried shrimp on the island, this is your place. Wine list is ample as is the pour.Special Features:
- Great gulf seafoodLDeanVIPDined on 8/23/2014Get place for seafood prepared in the Southern fashion.....crab encrusted grouper on a bed of creamy grits. Pecan pie with bourbon vanilla ice-cream. It doesn't get much better than this.Special Features:
- Crabless crabcakesPickyWomanDined on 8/23/2014We were very disappointed in the quality of our food. The Cezear salad had a watered down dressing with no flavor. The crab cakes had "no" crabmeat. I would reccommend the grouper.Special Features:
- A great dining experienceCecilewncVIPDined on 8/22/2014My son and I enjoyed dinner at this venue in 08/14. The service provided by our server Alison was impeccable. The menu was attractive with an emphasis on seafood. My son raved about the pasta carbonara with local shrimp. My crab cakes were delicious. The desserts were hard to resist and were glad we did not. The peach cobbler and very nutty pecan pie both served with bourbon ice cream were both very good. The seating was comfortable. The noise level was a bit high but this is probably due to the (beautiful and interesting) architecture. If you are in the area, this is a dining experience not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemSuperbVIPDined on 8/22/2014This was a special birthday celebration with another couple. The entire experience at Verandah was our first and very special. The seafood is outstanding - everything is fresh, perfectly cooked, beautifully prepared and presented. I had a specially prepared dish - the wait staff and chef are very accommodating - beef filet & grilled grouper. The grouper was truly memorable. My wife had Pink Snapper - pecan dusted with balsamic vinegar strawberries - a most unique and perfectly delicious dish. We also shared the sweet corn soup and wedge salad - both tasty. Our friends enjoyed both their dinners also. This was a truly memorable dinner party for my birthday. There were so many unique sounding appetizers & dishes on the menu we will return.Special Features:
- Best Meal EverFortMyersDined on 8/17/2014We had the pleasure of eating dinner at this restaurant this past Sunday evening. Ray was our server and he was great. Very friendly and answered all of our questions truthfully. He did not steer us wrong with his recommendations. The Sweet Corn Soup is out of this world! My husband had blackened group and I had the blue crab crusted grouper which just melted in your mouth. We were with friends and all of us raved about the meal. We asked Ray to have the chef come to our table so we could tell him just how great the meal was. My husband and I both agree that if we are in the Jacksonville area again, we will make a special trip to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place to celebrateHappycustomers2Dined on 8/15/2014We love the Verandah! The food is amazing and the staff is even more amazing! We have visited there many times and are always pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and Delightfulmt2012Dined on 8/14/2014Verandah at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort was a great choice for us. As a family of 4 (15 and 10 year old included), everyone had a wonderful meal. The fish was superb. I had the grouper, daughter had the crab cakes, son had the fried fish (grouper) and chips and husband had the swordfish. Everything was prepared perfectly and our waitress, Tracy's, suggestions were spot on.Special Features:
- Really nice night outfattylovescurryDined on 8/13/2014Really enjoyed our meal and the staff were great at accomodating our two boys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014The restaurant was quiet, our service was great and the food was fabulous. The grilled grouper was cooked perfectly. Our waitress was friendly. During our conversation with her she told us about breweries in Jacksonville and even went as far as looking them up and printing us some information on them. The restaurant was quiet as we had a 5:30 PM reservation. Fabulous place. I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, poor servicelocaldinerVIPDined on 8/10/2014although the food was excellent, our server was pushy, not attentive, kept acting like we were being rushed to be done so table could be set again. Felt like we were in a chain diner. Not sure will go back despite the food.Special Features:
- Food was good, but nothing great!NuclearnikDined on 8/10/2014We had a party of six on a Sunday evening. The staff was friendly and accommodating even with the 2 picky kids in our group. 4 of the other guests had the supper dinner designed to serve 2 people per order. The portions were plentiful and taste was good. The food was good but nothing spectacular. The best part if all the components was the salmon. There were exactly 4 servings of salmon. The hush puppies were good but a little greasy. The green beans and mashed potatoes were delish. Flank steak was ok, but not awesome. At $24 per person for the supper option it was the best deal on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Great food however outstanding service. The hostess accommodated combining our two groups at a very busy time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good SeafoodDinnerDined on 8/1/2014For a resort restaurant this had an excellent selection of seafood and was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mifree1836VIPDined on 7/29/2014Fried chicken and red snapper with pecan crust were delicious. Corn muffins and sweet corn soup fantastic. Pecan pie with bourbon ice-cream outrageous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed!visittheverandahDined on 7/24/2014The food was fabulous and the service was awesome! The hostess was sweet but seemed to struggle with the seating. Our reservations were at 8:15, but we had to wait 30 minutes to be seated. A party with a screaming child was seated nearby. Due to the great food and service, we will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommend for couplesZeCriticDined on 7/22/2014I thought the food was great, well presented, and the atmosphere was charming. The dining experience was very unique. The only problem I found in it is the waitress we has was a bit too pushy with her suggestions, but other than that she was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RedemptiontmsqamDined on 7/21/2014We always go to the varandah every time we visit the island. Last year we were disappointed for various reasons. They made up for it this year with the great food we expect. We will continue to make the Varandah a must place to sit and enjoy a fine meal. Thank you to the management for the enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2014The food was good. However,the service was horrendous. A large group (12)came in and our table was quickly forgotten. Staff allocation is clearly a major issue!Special Features:
- Resort Experience 1TravelerDined on 7/12/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our experience. Our server was entertaining, personable and professional. Three in the party had the crusted grouper and raved about it. My blackened grouper was perfect. Deserts? Yuuuuum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & AttentionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Our server was amazing from the start to the end of our meal. She was very helpful, friendly and helped us work around some food allergies with menu options. Best filet, great BBQ shrimp and desserts all amazing.Special Features:
- Overpriced verandaKiemmoDined on 7/7/2014Service was slow from the Gitgo....water, wine, everything and we were there early!! I felt for what we ordered, the price was high....quality was good except I did not like the fish in my Seafood Carbonara....just doesn't work....shrimp only might be beter.
- Great time at VerandahJerseyFamilyDined on 7/6/2014We had a great family time and meal at Verandah. The seafood was fantastic, the staff was very accommodating to food allergies, and the wait staff made it a lot of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/2/2014Great food, great service. Will be back although some of the old favs are gone. Kudos to the team.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2014The food and service was great. Would have liked our wine stay at our table instead of having to ask for more. Mentioned it was my wife's birthday so guess we were looking for a little something extra but we didn't get that. Great food especially fried chicken for non seafood people. Loved unique serving plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impressionpoloDined on 6/30/2014Had reservations, arrived 15 mins early & checked in with hostess. Unable to get a drink at crowded very small bar. 20-30 mins later inquired at podium about reservation without a very definitive answer. Later the original hostess spied us standing there and asked us if we had a reservation???? Once seated the the wait staff was good as was the food. Try elsewhere for a relaxed, quiet dining experience. First impressions are lasting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Verandah at Amelia IslandTidewaterLadyDined on 6/27/2014My husband and I had a wonderful dinner at the Verandah. Our server was one of the best we've had, recommending dishes and describing the interesting menu with great confidence and skill. Notable was the smoked mullet appetizer which my husband loved. Mullet is NOT normally a fish of choice, but we had to try it. The chef had researched the recipe, found someone noted for smoking the fish with a lovely glaze and created a very nice appetizer. We also enjoyed the filet and lobster tail with delicious fresh succotash and yummy potatoes. We definitely recommend the Verandah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/wine & awesome service!1girlie1Dined on 6/24/2014First, if you can get Tesa for your server, she is awesome! We had as much fun joking around and talking with her, as we did talking with the people in our party. Secondly, I highly recommend the blue crab crusted grouper. It was recommended by Tesa and I loved it! It was delicious. Another person in our party got the filet and shrimp. The filet had not an ounce of fat on it and was cooked to perfection. I would highly recommend this location for a special dinner ~ food, wine and service were the BEST (and again, ask for Tesa)!Special Features:
- Fantastic GroupergrahamcrackerDined on 6/21/2014We eat at the Verandah each time we stay at Omni Amelia Island Plantation. The food is great and the service is on the same level. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carmar720Dined on 6/18/2014Food was very good. I had grouper and my wife had cajun seafood pasta dish. We had the deviled eggs for appetiser which were presented in pieces of driftwood they were very good as well. The room itself is quite nice very open and airy. The view is of the tennis courts so its not overly romantic but nice nonetheless. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/17/2014Allison Turner was our server. We always request her bc she's GREAT! She's super friendly, knowledgable of the menu, wine list & food allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MopamiDined on 6/17/2014The food was very good and the service attentive. We were there for the "appreciation night" for Amelia members, with the entrees and wine and half price. It was still quite an expensive meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulAgwzDined on 6/11/2014I have celiac disease and cannot eat any wheat products. There were several options for me to eat and the server was quite knowledgeable. She also offered gluten free bread with my salad.Special Features:
- Depressing atmosphereMarriedToAGoodCookVIPDined on 6/9/2014While the food was OK, the atmosphere was dismal, lighting poor, building and grounds in disrepair. There is absolutely no view, and a fairly limited menu. We will not go back, and wish we hadn't stayed.
- DeliciousAgwzDined on 6/9/2014Food and service were great, as was ambience. Only concern was we waited a bit too long between courses.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/5/2014The staff was awesome, the food was the best. Will go anytime I am in the area.Special Features:
- FantasticFamily6Dined on 6/1/2014This place came highly reccomended and did not disappoint us! Had a wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we had was amazing!johnrulonDined on 5/30/2014All the fish was fresh and delicious. The Grouper was out of this world good! Very good service and friendly people. Key Lime pie was to die for!Special Features:
- The following 74 reviews are from the Verandah at Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort reviews archive.
- A must visit every trip to AmeliatravelfoodieDined on 5/21/2014I visit this restaurant every time I visit Amelia Island. It is without a doubt one of the best restaurants on the island. The food is perfect and the service is outstanding. It's always a great experience.Special Features: