208 Lincoln Green
Starkville, MS 39759Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.verandastarkville.com/
- Phone: 6623231231
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jay Yates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Veranda offers great menu options for offsite catering. Give us a call and let the Veranda cater your next meeting or special event.
- Private Party Facilities: The Veranda offers two spacious private dining areas to meet all your special needs. From Rehearsal Dinners to Corporate meetings, we can accommodate your every need.
A word from The Veranda
Recognized as "Best Locally Owned Restaurant," “Best Steaks" and "Best Blue Plate," we are located just minutes away from the Mississippi State University campus. Our menu focuses on classic American cooking with a touch of Southern inspiration and fresh ingredients, prepared by the Best Chefs in the Golden Triangle.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Veranda - Best Restaurants in Starkville ›
The Veranda reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (7)great for lunch (5)romantic (4)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great birthday dining!MSgirlDined on 7/12/2014We went to the Veranda for my birthday dinner and had a party of 8. It was a great dining experience--the food and wine were great!! I would definitely recommend the Veranda to all visiting Starkville.Special Features:
- Just OKldhockDined on 7/12/2014Food and service were just ok. We hadn't eaten here in some time and decided to give it a try again. For the price there are better placed to eat in Starkvile. It was nice for a change of pace, but we only go to Starkville a couple timed a year to visit put son at MSU And will probably not go bac.
- Wonderful Father's Day LuncheatforhealthDined on 6/15/2014We each ordered different selections and everyone was very pleased with the portions and the flavors. We also enjoyed two appetizers. Service was excellent and the setting is clean, light and comfortable.Special Features:
- threedognightDined on 5/15/2014Food was, as expected, delicious. I've eaten several times in the past and will continue eating there when I'm in town. We had a group of eight and they were extremely accommodating. Thanks,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 9 reviews are from the The Veranda reviews archive.
- Special GatheringSuSuDined on 3/2/2014Once a year my sisters and I travel to a common location for our "girls only" luncheon. We have settled on the Veranda as a delightful and accommodating spot. The booths make for the privacy we need, and the service staff never rushes us through our two-hour meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantMSMomDined on 3/1/2014This was a very enjoyable restaurant. Three us of dined and all enjoyed their food and the service was very good. Definitely will go again and recommend it.Special Features:
- Great food; poor seatingeatmasterDined on 2/22/2014We had a wonderful meal to eat, every course. Our big disappointment was that I had made a reservation for our Anniversary, and noted that this was our very first time to eat there, yet we were seated in probably the only booth where you're closely and directly exposed to the noise from the kitchen. And, while our waitress was very courteous and mostly attentive, it took several minutes for us to receive our to-go boxes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Starkville's BestDiningBullDined on 2/16/2014I visited this place for the first time with my long time girlfriend. I got the filet steak and she the salmon. Both of these dishes were delicious. The food was very high quality and full of flavor, the classy presentation of everything with a slight southern vibe was very well executed. The hostess and servers were all pleasant and took care of everything with no problems. An outstanding restaurant in Starkville that fits many occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014This was my second year anniversary with my girlfriend when we decided to go to the Veranda in Starkville. The food was amazing as well as the service! The amazing thing about this experience was that somebody had paid for our meal!! Out waitress was incredible and lively! I would recommend this place for friends in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience at the VerandaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014We really enjoy everything about this restaurant. Will visit again soon.Special Features:
- Maybe another time...CricketDined on 8/17/2013Our first visit to Veranda was based on a recommendation from friends. The waiter was very good and attentive, explaining the specials and getting the drinks and appetizers quickly. I was torn between the salmon dinner and my favorite Shrimp and Grits. My spouse ordered the chicken pasta. Well, I should have ordered the salmon. As soon as the Shrimp and Grits arrived, I knew I was doomed. The plate was filled with a sauce, that I am sure must have been mentioned on the menu, but one that I found thick and gooey. The grits were fried grit wedges and the shrimp was, well, mealy. The spring rolls were great, though, and I was glad to see Kendall Jackson Chardonnay on the wine list. Chicken pasta was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleasedmkay37Dined on 7/26/2013Our group of 8 was seated right away. Our waiter was very professional, personable and prompt. He took very good care of our group. We tried some of the specials - everyone raved about the eggplant appetizer. The Gorgonzola salad was a hit and everyone enjoyed their entrees too. I would definitely go back to the Veranda.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Gem in a culinary desertOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2013Surprised to find such great food in Starkville! Very imaginative preparation of quality ingredients. Will probably eat here every time we return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.