The Veranda Restaurant
220 Grand Tradition Way
Fallbrook, CA 92028Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
The Veranda Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.grandtraditiongardens.com/restaurant/the-veranda
- Phone: 7607286466
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 1:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Luis Ramos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from The Veranda Restaurant
While dining at the most atmospheric restaurant in Fallbrook, you can gaze at our sparkling lake and gorgeous grounds while enjoying a delicious meal prepared with seasonal produce from our on-site vegetable and fruit gardens. We offer patio heaters during the winter months and fans during the warmer months. Reservations are recommended. Enjoy a stroll through our many gardens before or after you dine at The Veranda.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Veranda Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Fallbrook ›
The Veranda Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (51)scenic view (47)great for lunch (45)special occasion (35)great for brunch (33)romantic (32)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (8)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Our lunch was great and the setting was amazing. We do not live in the area but make the trip just to enjoy the lunck at the Veranda. This was our second visit and we are already planning on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!My2CentsDined on 9/9/2014Walking the beautiful gardens and having lunch at the Veranda Restaurant was a great way to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday. The view from our table was gorgeous; the food was delicious; and the salted carmel cake with homemade ice cream was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing ambiance, hidden gemLoveSanDiegoDined on 8/31/2014Fabulous outdoor breakfast/lunch weekend dining by reservation only. Food and service were great and view from Veranda was amazing and simply flawless. The property is quite the fantasy location for a fairytale wedding or special event. Not a location for children under 12, this is a wonderful, peaceful, & quiet adult venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern Charm and BeautySDfamily1918Dined on 8/30/2014Outstanding service and food. Perfect in every way!Special Features:
- Delightful lunchRedworkreneDined on 8/29/2014This lunch experience was so delightful, great food, lovely scenery, and friendly, efficient servers. I highly recommend it to my friends. We are so lucky to have this beautiful establishment and grounds in Fallbrook.Special Features:
- Exceeded My Expectations!WickracerDined on 8/24/2014A friend said to try to this place, so I took my mom for her birthday. What a delightful surprise! It was such a wonderful dining experience from the moment we arrived through our delightful walk thru their gardens! This property is gorgeous and the staff was exceptional! The food was delicious and each plate served was beautifully decorated with fresh flowers. And the menu pricing was so reasonable I couldn't believe it. I cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2014I have been to the Grand Tradition several times and enjoy bringing others there, especially those who are not aware of Fallbrook's hidden gem. While sitting on the veranda we enjoyed the beauty of the surrounding gardens while eating our lunch. It is so easy to forget the bustling of every day life in the serene and relaxing surroundings. No where else have I enjoyed the presentation of a dish as much as I have at the Grand Tradition. The special touch of a flower on a dish only adds to the atmosphere. Our waiter made sure every request we had was attended to. We ended the day with a leisurely stroll through the gardens and ending the time in Fallbrook's hidden gem feeling relaxed. It was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Victorian CharmFoodiewitchDined on 8/19/2014We went to Veranda Restaurant for lunch, which is from 11-2. Book early. You sit on the back veranda of a Victorian Mansion overlooking vast beautiful green landscaping surrounded by colorful plant beds. There's a heart shaped lake and a fountain beating in the center. You will not find a more romantic elegant place to eat. The food was excellent. I had the cobb salad and a mushroom brie soup, we shared the avocado egg roll appetizer boasting locally grown avocado, and my fiancé had the prime rib sandwich, which, while not medium rare, as requested, was very tender and tasty, topped with onions on a fresh delicious roll. The side of pea salad was fresh and earthy. We explored the grounds as a wedding venue...Beautiful!Special Features:
- the best restaurant ever!proudarmywifeDined on 8/14/2014I recommend this place to everybody. they have the best food ice ever had! you can't go wrong with a dessert that had Cap'n crunch in it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veranda RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Very nice place for brunch or lunch, sit on the Veranda overlooking the estate garden. The waiters were very friendly and attentive. I definitely would return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- stressedDined on 8/10/2014The food came out cold, the service was slow and staff (not the server) seemed bothered by us. It makes me stressed a little since I am getting married here next year. The manager did assure that weddings are ran differently but I believe they should both be ran with excellence. Maybe it was just an off day since the first time we had brunch there the seevice and food was amazing. However, we hadnt signed the contract yet for the wedding. Had the service and food been like that the 1st time we might have reconsidered getting married here, now its too lateSpecial Features:
- Birthday outing for friendkleeDined on 8/3/2014Five girlfriends shared birthday fun with my friend Barb at the Veranda for lunch and garden tour. Even though Barb lives in Fallbrook, she had never been to the restaurant and gardens. Very pleasant environment with good food. Gardens are beautiful. Lots of space for larger parties. Great Bloody Marys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little GempickyeaterDined on 7/29/2014The Veranda Restaurant is a lovely find for locals to take out-of-town guests for that special lunch. The restaurant is small, on the veranda of the Grand Tradition mansion. Each table overlooks the lake and the beautiful grounds. The service is friendly and attentive. The food is perfect, fresh, and tasty. My 95 year old mom could not stop talking about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KittyKatDined on 7/29/2014The view of the lake and gardens is so beautiful & relaxing, only to be exceeded by the delicious food & extremely helpful staff. One member of our party had special diet needs and our waiter very carefully & graciously explained all of the available options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbieDined on 7/27/2014I love this place, it is a hidden Gem in Fallbrook. When I take someone here from out of town, they can't believe how beautiful it is. No complaints at all. Highly recommend the Veranda for any occasion.Special Features:
- Fabulous outdoor diningmarieDined on 7/26/2014I celebrated my birthday with a few friends at the Grand Traditions outdoor restaurant called the Veranda Restaurant. It is truly a gorgeous location on the veranda with a view of manicured lawns and gardens. The food was perfectly presented and colorful. The iced tea was refreshing and reminded me of being on a Southern planation on a quiet summer day under a big oak tree. The service was excellent. I would recommend this restaurant without hesitation for your next adventure out for lunch or any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice views!royalnetDined on 7/19/2014Everything was going pretty good, until the coffee. I would say for such a nice surrounding, and beautiful grounds, fixing the coffee would be small challenge. It was lukewarm and not very good brand.Special Features:
- Love this place.pattyCakeDined on 7/17/2014Each time I visit this place it just gets better. Everyone who works there are so sweet and helpful. The food was wonderful and just a great place to take out of towners to see.Special Features:
- LunchHotdateplaceDined on 7/16/2014The food was very good, took a little while to get seated, but the servers were nice and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must visitvistajotDined on 7/12/2014The gardens are lovely and kept perfect. Take a nice walk around the lake and gardens. Beautiful waterfalls flowers. Lunch on the Veranda is a special treat. Everything is served elegantly and the service makes it feel like a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbor GemcmacDined on 7/11/2014I have eaten here many times for lunch and brunch. They are not opened for dinner. The food has been consistently excellent and service very good. The owner always stops by every table to greet guests and ask about the meal. The gardens are beautiful and outdoor dining looking out on the lake is so serene. They will be opening a wine bar soon and look forward to trying that as well.Special Features:
- LunchYummyDined on 7/9/2014A beautiful, quiet place for lunch with really good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grit3225Dined on 7/9/2014We had noon reservations had noon and were told to check back in from our walk around the gardens 10 minutes before. We did so, sat down to relax and were seated promptly at noon. We had immediate attention from the wait staff with water and menus. The food was very prompt. I chose the Avocado Roll as an appetizer and found very little avocado and lots of beans and corn, so not my favorite. The food came shortly after and was artfully displayed and very tasty. The Veranda Seating was mostly of guests over 50 as it was a weekday, but an outstanding outing for anyone to enjoy.Special Features:
- Enjoy nature and good foodLoveCaliDined on 7/8/2014I was expecting this to be very expensive, but for lunch, it was a great deal. Beautiful relaxing setting. Good food. Would love to come back. Great for a special occasion lunch date. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to walk the gardens on the property!! Absolutely beautiful. Great way to spend the afternoon, then hit up the Temecula wine country afterwards!Special Features:
- True Gem in the Countrytodie4Dined on 7/6/2014If you are looking for a true gem of a restaurant in the country, impeccable service, views of incredible flowers, a lake with fountain, visit The Veranda in Fallbrook, CA. Food excellent with wonderful extra touches, such as edible flowers, fruit/veggie/dressing plate to begin your dining experience A reservation needed because others have also found this place. Open for Brunch and lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful setting, awesome food!Dusty20Dined on 7/5/2014I took out of town guests to brunch at the Veranda; they were amazed from the moment we entered the grounds and continued to ooh and ahhh during our walk through the grounds and all the way through lunch!! I highly recommend the Grand Traditions and lunch or brunch at the Veranda restaurant! It's sure to impress anyone you take there and a wonderful place for locals to escape! Food is awesome too.Special Features:
- Good Place, No kids no dogsjkg2Dined on 6/28/2014it was peaceful that there were no dogs allowed and thankfully there were no children there. Kids would have made the dining experience awful, noisy. Not sure if you're the type to do anything about disobedient children but I wish restaurants would! the service was fab overall. we could tell that the employees were hand selected and trained WELL. they were all about helping us have a great time, including the person I emailed and arranged a wheel chair. She was great, polite and was literate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gem in FallbrookOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014When you step out of your car your whole world is transformed. The grounds are beautiful, the house is perfect and the lake is amazing. It is the most peaceful place I have ever been, compares to Victoria gardens in Canada, only you get to sit and enjoy lunch here. The food and service is wonderful and it is not over priced. Can't say enough about how much I enjoy going there and taking my friends also.Special Features:
- Relaxing and deliciousfamishedinfallbrookDined on 6/22/2014The wait staff consistently treats us like we're their most valued patrons. They know how to move in and out of the conversation effortlessly. The food is presented beautifully and in just the right amounts. Everything we've ordered tastes fresh and flavorful, and we've learned to ask for the chipotle sauce that's served with the breakfast egg roll whenever we order the breakfast omelette or burrito, for that extra little kick. And of course, there's the view...it transports you to a tranquil place and bathes the senses in serenity. The only downside is the very limited seating and the need for way-in-advance planning to get a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique & Beautiful ExperienceJeff1JoDined on 6/21/2014This is a flash from the past in a good way. experiencing first class dining. Right from the start, you're called by name and treated special throughout the meal. The menu offers a variety of options at old fashioned prices; the food was excellent with creative touches. The property is used as a wedding venue and we guessed that their business model must be to treat you like royalty so that you'll remember to mention to everyone what a great place it would be to get married...and it is! There is a garden walk with multiple photo opportunities, waterfalls, amazing and unusual plants and wandering walkways. This was an amazing experience, not just brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A definite pleasure!GinnyDined on 6/18/2014Couldn't be more pleased with the entire experience.Special Features:
- Bummed!HeightscottageDined on 6/14/2014This venue is so physically attractive, the service so thoughtful and caring, it seemed inconceivable that the food was just a shade below average. This restaurant is in desperate need of new personnel in the kitchen. My dining companion and I were so disappointed with the food preparation. I had a rubber omelet accented with a few unidentifiable vegetables. My companion had a quiche Lorraine that was more like a chicken pot pie. The locale and the ambience are so spectacular that we are planning to give this place another try to see if our disappointment was accidental.Special Features:
- Great Place to Go!ultra1Dined on 6/14/2014Establishment was recommended by a friend who was there Mother's Day. We made reservations for a Saturday morning which made for a nice motorcycle ride. Our experience started with a warm and helpful greeting outside and from that point on it was just a great time. Great service, great food and a great garden walk. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Serene DiningBeeJayDined on 6/11/2014My three daughters and I thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at the Veranda Restaurant. Overlooking the spectacular landscape, enjoying the delicious food and flawless service, it was the treat we were looking for. Afterward we toured the beautiful gardens. We are looking forward to next time.Special Features:
- FABULOUS AS ALWAYSbirthdaygirlDined on 6/8/2014This is the best place to take anyone on a special day! Beautiful gardens and atmosphere AND food!Special Features:
- Surpassed our expectationpickyeaterDined on 5/28/2014We had a lovely lunch on the patio. Delicious spinach salad with fresh fruit and chicken, portabella mushroom burger on multigrain bun. Attentive service, beautiful view over the manicured garden. We could not have chosen a more relaxing place for a local outing. Reservation is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 73 reviews are from the The Veranda Restaurant reviews archive.
- Beautiful settingPinkyDined on 5/23/2014The Veranda is awesome! The view is beautiful. Food excellent, and service great. Plan to be there again on Father's Day.Special Features:
- A TreasureGDAPDined on 5/11/2014The food, service, and ambiance were extraordinary. The restaurant is a gem. Its surprising that more people don't know about this treasure however; its also nice to know that the facility is not overshadowed by crowds, congestion, and loud noise. the grounds are also breathtaking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful!TheRyes412506Dined on 5/10/2014our service was absolutely perfect. all of the employees were very friendly. the food was amazing. and the champagne and wine list was great as well. dont get me started on the view, it is absolutely breath taking! the prices are very very reasonable. the climate was nice, they have fans if its a little warm, and heaters if its a little cold. my husband and i will definitely be returning for another meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014A very nice afternoon in a wonderful setting. Will definitely return, probably when we have company from out of the area. Alway nice to show friends what our No. County offers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.