The V Restaurant and Brewery
44630 Waxpool Rd
Ashburn, VA 20147Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The V Restaurant and Brewery
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.go2thev.com/
- Phone: (703) 723-6500
- Hours of Operation:
11:am to Midnight Sunday thru Thrusday
11:am to 1:am Friday and Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a banquet room with a 50 person capacity, perfect for anything from a business lunch to a rehearsal dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Ty Allison 7037236500
- Entertainment: Tuesday : “Karaoke in the Lounge”
Wednesday : Live Music
Thursday: Live Music
Friday: Live Music
Saturday: Live Music
A word from The V Restaurant and Brewery
"The V", Virginia's Eatery & Brew House, prides itself in providing a diverse menu featuring the freshest ingredients and many locally grown, raised, or made products. With a focus on craft beer, many from Virginia, our bar also offers a full bar and wine list. The elegant yet comfortable dining and bar areas accent your visit with us. We open daily for lunch with full menu service through the dinner hours, followed by a lively entertainment program throughout the week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The V Restaurant and Brewery reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (18)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (7)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)special occasion (4)hot spot (4)romantic (3)Show More
- Noisty but the food was very good.SammyDined on 11/15/2014The service was hot and cold - sometime very attentive, other times I was twiddling my thumbs waiting for the waiter to appearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant - Food AverageTimCDined on 11/9/2014We went at 8:15 on a Sunday night. The restaurant was completely empty except for the bar. We decided to grab a table at the bar The restaurant looks nice and has some very cool outdoor seating when the weather is right. It appears to be an upscale place The service from the bar was really quick and attentive. They had a good beer/wine/cocktail list. The menu was fairly standard for this type of restaurant. Nothing to make them stand out. I got some jambalaya pasta. It was just OK. For some reason they peel the entire shrimp except for the tail. I'm not sure why they do that. It's messy to have to reach in and pull the tail off. I'd rather they just peel the entire shrimp. My GF's burger was bland and dry. Overall, just OKSpecial Features:
- Service was great but thats allNoVaFoodieVIPDined on 11/7/2014First time and was disappointed. Bar is too small so had to sit in deserted dining room. Food was okay. Special i saw on website apparently doesn't actually exist. Shouldn't be allowed to have brewery in their name. Server was great. Gave his best effort.
- . It was OK for a quick beerDCPrincessDined on 10/24/2014Everything looked great - but the food was not very memorable, and the ahi nachos were very over rated. The beer list was great - and the sampler was really good. The bar was very busy, but oddly the restaurant was not, and for a restaurant that was barely half full, the service was pleasant but slow.
- Always a pleasureMikeVIPDined on 10/24/2014Food and service are always good. A pleasant family dinner. The menu might be getting a little tired.Special Features:
- Good burgers, good beer selectionBobbiDined on 10/22/2014A good place for a burger plus they had a decent beer menu. Also, to our surprise, they had live music. An oasis in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs to Step It UpNotusuallyTHATpersonDined on 10/21/2014The V has great potential, and has improved a bit since they first opened; the outside area is really nice and great for happy hours. The food and location are good. The service is lacking quite a bit; so much so that most of my team will probably never return. The service was slow; could have been short-staffed or because of the private party-doesn't much matter. Someone at our table asked for a substitution, they said it was fine, but brought out her food and said, 'sorry, we're out of that', yet they still charged her for the substitute. My order was wrong, but since it had taken so long to get the food, I didn't have time to return it. The prices are high, esp. for the quality of service.
- Find another restaurantGiataVIPDined on 9/16/2014Very, very disappointing service! The food lacked originality and quality.
- Go big or go homeUniquitousDined on 9/11/2014Dined here with my wife and a friend. I ordered the beef short rib from the entree list, my wife got a burger, and my friend got a salad. I found the entree to be just absolutely great. Tender, delicious, and well presented. My wife's burger was just that, a burger. Ditto my friend's salad. Neither were particularly impressed. From this I gather that the chef's focus is on the entrees, with generic stuff like burgers and salads getting short shrift.Special Features:
- Family DinnerRStarDined on 9/6/2014Was looking for a last minute restaurant on Saturday for the family. The V is always good and they had a reservation that was the right time. I was surprised the service was not so good (although the food was) Two things, they had no olives for cocktails.... I asked for a pickle and they brought out a whole pickle spear - which I cut up and used. Also, my son loves Pasta with red sauce, which we ordered. About 10 minutes later they came back and told us they had no red sauce - I pointed to an entrée that had pomodoro and they said - oh yes, they could use that... disaster averted, but really, who told this waiter they did not have any red sauce? The special Rib Eye was great and would definitely go againI would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG. Designed for quiet & fab foodShushYallDined on 8/29/2014Who knew? Ashburn has this fantastic eatery tucked away in which they have actually **DESIGNED IN** ambience for conversation and food enjoyment. WHat a concept. Bucking the trend of "vibrant and lively" (i.e. deafening), the V Eatery has accoustic-dampening tiles over every table and booth. You and your guests can actually enjoy a conversation without shouting. You can ooh, aah and comment over the fantastic beers and to-die for food. Yes, the food it that good. You can enjoy the friendly wait staff and get to know Gabriel, the GM. Do so. He's great! We had the risotto with salmon and the braised short ribs and were in heaven with every bite. The food arrived piping hot and fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Enjoying the VReynoldsanVIPDined on 8/14/2014Although I'm not some one who frequents bars, I found this one that I would return. Not to dark and enough spaace to allow wlaking around and meeting with friends. Especially nice that I can bring my wife or some friends and not feel like I need to put on amor or a bib for the kids. Would like to see them rotate the menu a little more frequently. Thehy have some speicalities such as the Tuna on flatbread, more of those types make for perfect matches with a great beer list. Just a not of caution, don't try a business outside at lunch, its along the flight path at Dulles. But outside is the place to be for anything else.Special Features:
- Good food ... Service lackingUswineguyDined on 8/10/2014Went for dinner on a Sunday night.... Restaurant was empty, bar had decent amount of business. Our server was horrible... Waited long time to be greeted, longer for drinks. Placed orders, salads came out with entrees. The one thing I will give the server.... She picked up on my displeasure and didn't charge us for the salads. That said.... The food was great... Beer was good! I'll go again.... Hopefully service improves!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing VenueGCMamaDined on 8/2/2014Formerly a favorite, this time the V Eatery was disappointing. Even with an advance reservation, our party of 8 could not be accommodated at one table because they had a party of 12 that needed the large table. So they seated us at two separate tables, but didn't move the tables together! When we left the restaurant, the party of 12 had still not arrived. My favorite, Savannah Shrimp, was served over spaghetti instead of the rice I was expecting. Our waiter had to leave and wanted to close out the bill before the meal was completed. The second waiter showed us the dessert menu from which several of us picked a Lemoncello cake. Well, they were out of it, so we chose Key Lime pie instead, but what arrived was a lime cake.Special Features:
- Good VibediningMomDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant has a good vibe and nice decor. Outdoor space is nice, just to bad the view is of a parking lot. Food was very tasty and they welcomed substitutions, which was great. The bad was we felt rushed even though there was no wait. Our entrees came out at the same time as out appetizers....and we would have like to relax and take our time. Server was at the table far to often to take our orders and check on us, would have been better if she checked once and then sat back. The staff is friendly and flexible, we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 179 reviews are from the The V Restaurant and Brewery reviews archive.
- 3rd time, not a charmashburnEaterDined on 7/19/2014This was our third time dining here, and likely our last. The first time here, the food was great, good service. The second time, we got stale bread (which was brought to us after we got our entrees). The third time (this past weekend), the beef shortribs were dry and stringy, the "pork pops" appetizer was tasty, but overcooked and dry, and the bread was again brought out well after the appetizers.Special Features:
- Continues to impressReynoldsanVIPDined on 7/15/2014As a a long time resident, I've witnessed plenty of restaurants that failed at this location. This owner has learned his audience and location well and it's been a hit with the crowd I travel with. Nice mix of events and sitting outside on a late night makes you forget about that bad week you had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food so so, service not greatCathamasuVIPDined on 7/13/2014We've been to this restaurant a few times and the good is ok. We live in the area and want to cater to local places. The last time was the worst experience. We went for brunch. My husband and I both ordered entrees with sides of home fries. I asked for salt which for some reason was not on any of be tables. The server took about 10 minutes to come back and then said "they didn't bring you any salt?" I don't know who this mysterious "they" was but I figured getting salt was not a two man job. She never brought any salt. We had our 2 year old with us and it took another 20 mins to get & pay our tab. Salt isn't a huge deal but when it's coupled with mediocre food (at best) and otherwise bad service, it's bad news.Special Features:
- Just okayKD1234567Dined on 7/12/2014Service was slow! It wasn't busy, so we thought our waiter could have been more attentive. Very friendly, just slow. The food was bland, but perhaps I ordered the wrong thing (summer risotto with salmon). We won't go back.
- great for dinnerCDUBDined on 7/11/2014great food / great service! Recommended for family dinner or date night.Special Features:
- Good times for dinnerOmnomnomDined on 7/11/2014Seated quickly. Outside looked fun with cushions and tables, but we sat inside. Great decor, fun music playing. Only downside, my friend's salad came without the tomatoes, cucumbers, and pickled veg (it was just lettuce, meat, and dressing). The problem was raised and quickly addressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a Nice SurpriseRickDined on 7/11/2014Had lunch with a close friend. Food very good (good size servings) and decor very nice. The outside temp was quite warm so did not take advantage of outside tables but they looked quite nice a small group of friends to celebrate a Friday. Plan to return with a group later this summer.Special Features:
- Good food at reasonable pricesMandLDined on 7/10/2014We had a coupon and had eaten here before so knew we would love it. Food is expertly prepared with generous portions. It was ladies night so the bar was full of people enjoying the atmosphere but was a little noisy. The wait staff were attentive and polite. The decor is modern. Though they did not have any of their own brews on tap, the variety of beer was good. We recommend this restaurant for anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingsirbrianDined on 6/27/2014Hosts are friendly and accommodating. Ambience is nice both inside and out (aside from the techno music playing in an attempt to be hip like their "The W" copycat name). Beer selection is good, but they don't brew anything so they're no "brewhouse." Ordered an appetizer, salads and entrees. Salads came out then 5 minutes later entrees by runner who said the app was coming out soon. Waiter admitted he forgot to enter. When I said forget it he said he'd take it off the bill and box it up to go. He never did. Also, my wife never got her after dinner drink. I guess he knew he screwed up and gave up on us. Although the food was good overall, the Savannah Shrimp had diced tomatoes not sun dried tomatoes. Sad the chef doesn't know the difference.
- Poor serviceNukeladyDined on 6/15/2014We went for the first time after purchasing a Groupon a few months ago. While the hangar steak was great, the cod was a bit bland and needed salt, which was not present on any tables. The desserts were mediocre at best. The service, not good at all. Our waiter took the Groupon code in the beginning and then when we got our check it was not on there so he had to get our groupon code again after we asked about it. The manager was difficult for staff to find. Finally after the waiter found him he came over to speak with us, we pointed out we were first timers and not impressed. After comping one dessert, they also gave us a gift card to invite us back. I'm not sure we will use it but the thought was nice. Maybe we will try a brunch.
- The Jury is Still outNYVAFoodieDined on 6/15/2014My second time there within two weeks, food was good but both times I was there with my toddler and the food took a long time to come out. Food had good flavor, french toast was very good, but the service was lacking. On father's day we were there with two other families, they were not crowded but yet the service suffered. They were slow to refill the endless mimosa,which is an extra charge, when we inquired, the were out or champagne. Once our food finally came, it was cold, I order shrimp and grits and had to return them. Once again service was slow. I spoke with the manager, after hesitating and going to check with the bar tender, he removed the mimosa bar from our tickets. I will give them another try, maybe without my toddler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SMMedicVIPDined on 6/15/2014The mimosa experience (bottomless option) was nice - except they ran out of champagne. It is evident the place is new, as the server was just "okay." Our food was nothing special and our food for a table of six didn't come out at the same time. They were quick to refill drinks, but not food corrections.
- Father's Day BrunchfathersdayDined on 6/15/2014We've been to the V several times and have enjoyed our experience. We were very disappointed for brunch on Father's Day. The service was very slow and the food was just mediocre. We even asked for bread to tide us over while we patiently waited for our food. It never came. There was also an advertisement to "like" the restaurant for a $10 gift card. There was no one at the front desk to redeem the offer. Overall, very disappointing.
- Sub-PAR and Over PricedRodLaliDined on 6/15/2014This is our third visit to V. Previous experiences were nice. However, this Father's Day brunch I found the quality, quantity and presentation to very disappointing. First, I ordered Steak and Eggs. The plate arrived with just one egg and a small portion of steak. My wife ordered an omelet with onions, spinach and mushroom but a ham and cheese omelet was delivered to our table. Our waitress promptly corrected the mistake by bringing me two eggs and my wife the omelet she ordered. The food presentation was bleak. The eggs were covered in a brown coating perhaps from a grill not cleaned from previous food preparation. Overall value for dollar is poor at best. The manager deducted the cost of one meal which was nice.Special Features:
- Nice RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Food was good for some in the party. One person's food came out cold. The atmosphere was nice. The wait staff was attentive but towards the end of the service seemed like they were trying to rush us out as they were getting ready for the night time crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't say enough good things!FoodieFoodieTwoShoesDined on 6/13/2014I don't know what it is about this place, but every time I go I have such an amazing time! Conversation flows over delicious craft beer selections and expertly prepared food. I love that most of the menu is sourced locally. The ambiance of the entire place is great, and the booths allow for private conversation without making you feel isolated from the rest of the restaurant. This place is great for a date or a night out with friends, I love it, it's one of my all-time favorite restaurants. Go, you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's goodaqneonDined on 6/6/2014The food was good. I would pass on the cheese and cracker plate tiny portions vs the price. We all loved our entrées. The restaurant was out of a lot of things, rolls, french fries, and some of the beers on the list. We will try to go again for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgers!MichaelVIPDined on 6/4/2014Wife, daughter and I all had burgers and they were yummy!Special Features:
- Nice Brunch OutsideElJigglesDined on 6/1/2014My wife and I enjoyed our brunch outside. We were pretty much all alone and made for a nice Sunday outing. Enjoyed the omelet and the chicken and waffles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seatingtchs51Dined on 5/31/2014When my party of three arrived at the reserved time, the restaurant was not crowded. We were taken to a booth right outside of the kitchen. This seating was not satisfactory to me. You don't put reserved patrons in an unsatisfactory place. near the kitchen when the restaurant is not crowded. I asked for another seating and was accommodated.Special Features:
- Different tasteBJinVADined on 5/29/2014Food is usually very good, so we will call this time a fluke. Something changed on this visit. Still recommend trying VSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinner ChoiceJulieCDined on 5/22/2014Excellent service - attentive but not intrusive, and interesting, varied menu with reasonably priced wine and beer choices. Ordered dinner salads and sandwich with onion rings and all was very good. The chocolate dessert was terrific! I will return for dinner and look forward to trying Sunday brunch. I really enjoyed my dining experience at The V.Special Features:
- Food is good but service is awfuldissatisfiedDined on 5/16/2014Our food was good however we ordered an appetizer and our entrees were served prior to getting the appetizer. Cancelled the appetizer. The manager came over to apologize and offered us desert on the house. Ordered desert and 1 coffee and 20 minutes later we didn't have anything.Special Features:
- PlanningPamramseurDined on 4/26/2014We had reservations for 7pm. Was seated quickly but no service for 10 mins. We had to get attn from another server. But it took awhile for drinks appetizers and the waiter forgot that we hadn't order our dinner. And it took 30 mins for dinner and glasses were not refilled with water. We had to keep asking. We were there two and half hours a long time for dinner. I understand they had prom night but should have planned to have more staff during those times. Need to work on service. We been in the bar and you get better service in the bar then the dining room. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale sports bar falls shortBlfofoodie123VIPDined on 4/4/2014You want to like this place you really do but when it comes down to it the food is very average, the service is just ok, and the vibe confusing? Sports Bar meets lounge? The one positive is it seems to be a gaining in popularity which makes it a fairly lively place. Somehow it has just missed the mark with me. I can't recommend V but I wouldn't tell someone not to try it.Special Features: