2675 Ulmerton Road
Clearwater, FL 33762Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thevtampabay.com/
- Phone: 7278277000
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Robert Uzzillia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Menu selections available from both the Vin and Crave menus. For more information and menus, please visit our Banquets & Catering page on our website.
- Entertainment: Thank you for choosing The Venue Sushi. We look forward to the pleasure of your company.
Mother's Day: Now Accepting Reservations for this Special Occasion
Have you visited Viaggio @ The Venue yet? Wednesdays ... Three-Course Prime Rib Dinner ONLY $19.95!
A word from The V
We will take reservations for either restaurant, please make sure to contact guestservices@thevtampabay is you would like a specific restaurant. *********************************************** ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT SUSHI Tuesdays 5pm-10pm ONLY $19.95!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The V reviews from OpenTable diners
- Very poor service , slow forOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/4/2012Very poor service , slow for sushi to be prepared and came out individually even tho it was ordered all together. 9 pm on sat night , was not busy at all but the service was still very very slow. The drinks were served in plastic cups.Special Features:
- I couldn't tell from the descriptiomelissaVIPDined on 1/16/2012I couldn't tell from the description, but be aware that this is a sushi restaurant inside of a tapas restaurant and bar.
- Great fish, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 1/10/2012Food excellent, Brian, our waiter superb service as usual.Special Features:
- Sushi was good and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2011Sushi was good and service was excellent. Very noisy though - they were setting up for a show in the next room and it was hard to have a conversation/Special Features:
- OK if you are in the areaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/22/2011If you like the idea of eating sushi in a nightclub atmosphere then you will be happy at the Venue. I personally would like a quieter atmosphere...and cleaner.Special Features:
- Mediocre food and poor service.DrBarrierDined on 9/17/2011Mediocre food and poor service. Not a place that I would recommend for anyone interested in a quality dining experience.
- Everything was great! OneOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2011Everything was great! One consideration is that if you are sitting by the glass looking out to the stage, it gets pretty loud when the band is playing making conversation difficult.Special Features:
- GREAT PRICE & SUSHI, POOR SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2011You can't beat the price $19.99 for all you can eat sushi, but the service is horrendous, although, I don't blame the server. Our server was over burden with too many tables sat at one time, and she had little to no assistance, and the sushi chefs were SLOW! It took 20 minutes just for someone to come to our table! Also, look out for the 20% gratuity the put on the check (there were only 5 of us at the table), it is not mentioned on the menu and they have done it to me when there were only 2 of us!
- Wonderful experience withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2011Wonderful experience with my 17 and 22 year olds and my wife, vacationing on St Pete Beach, all you can eat sushi night, great selection for the price, great sushi and sashimi, fantastic service from Brian who kept it coming, wonderful miso soup, great energy and ambiance at The Venue. 5 stars!Special Features:
- All you can eat sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2011This was my first visit for all you can eat sushi. They use a very stripped down menu. The sushi comes out quickly and for $20, this is a very good deal if you like basic rolls, nigiri, or sashimi. If you like the elaborate rolls, you'll want to order off the main menu. As always, our favorite waitress Pa was outstanding!
- Delicious sushi and beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/23/2011Delicious sushi and beautiful presentation. Food worth the price drink prices for my dissarrano the the highest I've paid in the tampa bay area. They offer discounts through Facebook and foursquare. Make sure you check in on arrival.Special Features:
- Great food and great dollar value!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2011We have been numerous times to the all you can eat Sushi night on Tuesday. What great dollar value and the quality of the fish is excellent! Thank you for still continuing to provide this great value that makes weekly sushi and sashimi a must.Special Features:
- Good Food...Great VibeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2011The food was very good and our waiter was attentive and prompt. It's a fun, energetic atmosphere and the Venue is centrally located to Pinellas and Hillsborough residents. We were a little confused because our reservations were set for 7pm, and even though Takara opened at 5pm, we were asked to wait outside before being seated at 6:54pm. We weren't given a reason and didn't see anything else going on in Takara that might cause a delay. There was a huge event happening at the Venue upstairs, so maybe that was the reason. We'll be back.Special Features:
- The restaurant was very pleasant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2011The restaurant was very pleasant. The staff was very competent and Pa was an exceptional waitress. I would not hesitate to recommend TAKARA to anyone. The sushi and sake were fabulous.Special Features:
- s'amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2011The cookie dessert is amazing! The sushi selections are good too but that dessert is a craving!Special Features:
- I've been eating sushi forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/7/2011I've been eating sushi for over 25 years and Takara is one of my all time favorites. They have a great selection and the sushi is always fresh and tasty.
- Only place in Tampa Bay areaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/7/2011Only place in Tampa Bay area where we go for sashimi. Otherwise, we wait to return to NYC, San Fran. or Vancouver. The place is very narrow, so the seating is a challenge. We usually end up listening to the wait staff.
- Beautiful restaurant in aOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/28/2010Beautiful restaurant in a great central Pinellas location. Their chefs use top quality ingredients and their creative dishes are always outstanding. Friendly, attentive service makes dining there a pleasure!Special Features:
- I have read decent reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2010I have read decent review and tried Takara on Tuesday their all you can eat sushi nighte. You get what you pay for. Small portions, surimi and sushi rolls just ok. Still looking for good sushi in Pinellas county - it not here.
- Absolutely spectacular restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/16/2010Absolutely spectacular restaurant! Beautiful bars, great food, perfect service. Seriously, couldn't have asked for a better experience. Will be definitely returning.Special Features:
- dining experience was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2010dining experience was great! we love the atmosphere at takara. we especially looooove the all you can eat sushi (=. food is always fresh and waiters/waitresses are always nice and quickSpecial Features:
- All you can eat sushi nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2010All you can eat sushi night is great. It allowed a newbie like me to sample all kinds of sushi at a reasonable cost. My son and I got sat way back in the back where there wasn't much to see of the restaurant and the guys making the sushi, but it was quiet and the service was above par. The waiter was very knowledgable and helpful to both me, and my son. We had a great evening and enjoyed the dinner and service.Special Features:
- The food was terrible, I hadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2010The food was terrible, I had the "All you can eat sushi" The sashimi was frozen and nickel sized. The rolls were good, but when they felt you had enough they put very little fish in the rolls. My husband had a steak and lobster mac n cheese. The steak smelled and tasted like propane. The lobster mac n cheese tasted like pasta in cheese whiz with a small peice of ?lobster on top. He sent that back, and got the truffle mashed potatoes. He did not care for those either, I liked them ok, nothing special. He also go a blueberry mash drink which was really good. The service was good. The ambience was good. I wouldn't go back, it was terribly overpriced and not worth the price I paid for it at all.
- Still the BEST SUSHI ANYWHEREOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2010Still the BEST SUSHI ANYWHERE in my humble opinion!!! Absolutely LOVE this food and the ambiance!!! We had moved away for a year and I personally missed this place very much. Still couldn't find anything comparable!! Then we came back after being gone over a year AND the server we had REMEMBERED US and we REMEMBERED HER and it was awesome to see her again!!! Great Service and Great Dining!! Perfect for any celebration!! Will be back again soon!!Special Features:
- My wife and I had our firstOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2010My wife and I had our first "date night" since our son was born 9 months ago! I can't tell you how perfect it was. The sushi at Takara was phenomenal. This was the first time we had been to the Venue but I can assure you it will NOT be the last!!Special Features:
- Amazing sushi, all you canOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2010Amazing sushi, all you can eat. What more could you ask for?
- I look forward to coming toOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2010I look forward to coming to dine either alone or with friends..Special Features:
- MY EXPERIENCE WAS GREAT!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2010MY EXPERIENCE WAS GREAT!!! IT WAS A GREAT WAY TO SPEND MY BIRTHDAY!! GREAT FOOD, SERVICE, SUSHI WAS PRESENTED VERY WELL, GREAT TASTE TOO!! WILL BE RETURNING SOON!!Special Features:
- We went for the All-You-Can-EatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2010We went for the All-You-Can-Eat Sushi. The list was small but then again, much larger than I expected. They gave you really healthy portions of whatever roll you ordered and the Seaweed Salad was awesome! My only critique was that with the non-tempura rolls the fish was a little luke-warm. Don't get me wrong, everything was fresh!But the seafood wasn't as crisp and chilled as I am use to. The specials that are available at the main bar are great!Special Features:
- The service and waiter weOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2010The service and waiter we had really made our dining experience great. The sushi was good, but Tyler our waiter made the difference. He was always present to take our order, refill our drinks and had a friendly, welcoming attitude. Will indeed return to try the other restaurants at this location.
- Went for a romantic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2010Went for a romantic evening at Takara and enjoyed the $20 all you can eat sushi menu. The food was amazing and the service was great. Definitely coming back to the Venue to try the other restaurant also!Special Features:
- I love the place and alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/29/2010I love the place and always go dancing there with friends..I have been to Takara a few time and absolutely love the food, the past couple of time I went, I was dissapointed with the server, especially saturday..I went with friends to celabrate my bday and the service was terrible...the waitress barerly came to our table...each time we need to order food or drink we had to wait more than 10 min...and sometimes we ordered a drink and never got it. I am coming there to try the all you can eat sushi tomorrow and bringing some friends there are visiting from out of towm and I hope to have a better experience than I had saturday... Other than the service, everything else is wonderful!!!Special Features:
- We went for the All-You-Can-Eat-SusOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2010We went for the All-You-Can-Eat-Sushi Tuesday. We were kind of nervous that there would be a lack of variety, but there wasn't. It was definitely worth the price. They don't do Happy Hour in the restaurant, but when I mentioned Happy Hour, our server said he had no problem with us going to the bar and bringing back a drink so we could get the martini I wanted for $5 instead of $9.5, and in the end he actually went and got it for me himself. Try the Crab Salad roll - amazing!! Definitely going back!Special Features:
- Best sushi I've eaten. NotOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/26/2010Best sushi I've eaten. Not just in Tampa - best sushi.Special Features:
- Can't beat $20.00 all youOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2010Can't beat $20.00 all you can eat sushi. Probably would not partake otherwise.Service could have been better (waiter forget dishes, we needed to re-oder/remind him, delivered wrong items to table). Oh well, must have been a bad day for him.
- The tuesday night sushi nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2010The tuesday night sushi night is a good deal with a decent number of choices. We enjoyed it.Special Features:
- impeccable service and food,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2010impeccable service and food, at a great price..... will definatly come backSpecial Features:
- Tuesday's all-you-can-eatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2010Tuesday's all-you-can-eat sushi was amazing. It is the best deal in town.Special Features:
- Not super expensive, but weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2010Not super expensive, but we still dropped $100 for two of us. The sushi is great. Very fresh. It was a little loud, so if you want a nice romantic quiet place this isn't it. For dinner, get there early and make reservations.Special Features:
- The food was very good especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/9/2010The food was very good especially for the Tuesday all you can eat sushi. We were not expecting such a wide variety of rolls for the excellent price. The service was a bit slower than normal but we did notice they were pumping out rolls like crazy.Special Features: