The Urban Tavern
10498 Ridgefield Parkway
Henrico, VA 23233Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
The Urban Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theurbantavern.com/
- Phone: 8047167028
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Bereika
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cocktails, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Urban Tavern
The Urban Tavern was created with your enjoyment in mind! Our Virginia Original Gastropub brings New American Cuisine with a twist to Richmond’s West End. Our travels have brought us to places around the world where great brews and great bites go hand in hand. We feel that this mash up of flavors will turn your dining experience into more than just a meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Urban Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (11)neighborhood gem (11)vibrant bar scene (7)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (4)hot spot (4)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Just awesomeawesomeVIPDined on 9/10/2014From the moment we stepped into the tavern till we left the service never end stopped, the host where friendly and actually at the door, our food server was knoweleible of the food, beer and decor. Drinks were always full, the food was out standing and the manager had a great sense of humor, it looks modern and up scale but the staff make you feel like you are in an old time neighbor travelSpecial Features:
- Still new - needs tweekingStlrldyDined on 8/23/2014I think this place is exactly what that part of town needs - a non-chain, non-short pump (close but without the hassle of Broad Street) good restaurant. I will definitely be going back. We started with their cheese plate and they included some very nice selections. I would have liked some charcuterie as well but it is an "either or" choice. You either can order a charcuterie platter 3 for $15 or a cheese platter 3 for $15. I would have liked possible 2 cheeses/1 meat but they refused to do that - which I find odd. I find it hard to justify $30 for two platters when I intend to order an entree. Some food service training needed. My entree was served a full 10 minutes before my date's - so mine went cold as I politely waited, so wrong!Special Features:
- Great addition to West Endtvrs388VIPDined on 8/22/2014It was sad to see Shackelfords leave and it seemed like the space would stay empty forever. But Urban Tavern made it worth the wait. The decor inside has been completely changed, it has a very "downtown" feel. I was glad we had a reservation because the wait without one was an hour. The staff was extremely attentive from the moment we walked in and while our waiter seemed a little green, he did an outstanding job. They are still working on the specialty drink menu and the bartender had a hard time, but hopefully that will get better. The food was outstanding and it was hard to choose. Their plancha fish was a whole branzino and while it could have used some more seasoning, it was good. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Very good, nneds some work!luvdessertsDined on 8/19/2014We dined outside which was lovely. The food was above average for pub food. Good selection of small, medium and large plates. The beer list was strange as they had two lists and didn't give us the second list until one in our party could not find a good light beer She first asked for Yuengling, which they didn't have, then settled on Corona Light, which was on the second list and then didn't have. They were OUT of coffee!! We were told it would be in the next day! We were celebrating a birthday and they brought a very good complementary dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to west endSpecoVIPDined on 8/15/2014Food was ok. My fried fish is a little mushy, not crunchy. Service was very rushed, which is understandable because there is a large crowd there. But we finished a three couse meal within an hour. I guess I should not call it three couse meal because all dishes come out and served at the same time.Special Features:
- Need some flexibilityAhahhppVIPDined on 8/14/2014I am so excited to have this resteraunt in our neighborhood.... However, they need to work on some things. I know it's only week 2 but the experience we had was very rigid. Unwilling to make substitutions or additions was a big problem. Some of my party had food allergies and the message was sorry we can not make substitutions. Also, being a neighborhood place, you have got to expect kids and there was not much available for kids. We will go back, but will give it a month or so....
- Great find!241YumDined on 8/12/2014Went with some friends- great place to have drinks, good food and hang out. Relaxed atmosphere, fun decor and hip feel. Loved the beer/back almonds to nosh on and the ratatouille was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014Food was fresh and brought to the table hot. Mackenzie was knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2014Finally, the West End has another great place that's not a chain! Thanks Chef Tim Bereika for a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- welcome to the neighborhood!Charley007Dined on 8/8/2014Glad we came. Noise level inside did make table conversations challenging. Next time will request outdoor seating. Fish and chips were good. Disappointed in my chicken sandwich. Much bread with little chicken. Service was most attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the The Urban Tavern reviews archive.