The Uptown Restaurant
1576 3rd Ave.
New York, NY 10128Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Uptown Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theuptownrestaurantandbar.com/
- Phone: 2128281388
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am -4:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Uptown Lounge now offers off-site catering. For more information, you can reach our catering director Dan Boyce 646-391-7425.
- Private Party Facilities: Uptown Lounge offers private dinner options, as well as private cocktail & hors d'oeuvres options for groups of 10 - 200.
- Private Party Contact: Erik Joyce 3153805016
- Entertainment: Uptown features the roots-rock music of the Nick Cassarino Trio every Monday, jazz by the Jon Mendes Trio every Tuesday, and DJs Friday and Saturday nights.
- Special Events: If you are trying to make a reservation for more than 8 people and there is no availability, please call 212-828-1388 or 646-391-7425 (Dan) to check availability. For private parties and events, please call Katie at 646-320-6703. Partial, half, and entire venue is available for private functions. Call Erik at 315-380-5016
A word from The Uptown Restaurant
The Uptown is the Upper East Side's premiere destination for a casual, yet elegant, night out. We offer an extensive wines by the glass program, innovative cocktail menu & signature drinks, new Craft Beers, and an approachable yet sophisticated menu, The Uptown is perfect for a first date, dinner with friends, drinks after work or anything in between. Our private skylight Room is perfect for your next special event or occasion. We recently renovated, so come check out our new look!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Uptown Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (5)neighborhood gem (5)late-night find (4)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (1)fit for foodies (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Fun after work placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Great happy hour specials and best buffalo chicken fingers! I'm going back just for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YES actionmikeyVIPDined on 10/16/2014Nice find on Upper East Side. Good burgers, salad. Great deals every week night - we were there on a Thursday when $25 for any wine bottle got us a Malbec that is usually over $40.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday brunchgetonmypaletteDined on 9/21/2014Had brunch with a few friends over the weekend and it wasn't too crowded. Brunch specials include drinks which were nice. You could also opt for unlimited refills (for a max of two hours)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 8/24/2014Although they have a very good brunch deal, the place is very noisy and the service is generally lacking. Our waiter was good enough but we had to ask for everything at least 3 times before we got it. The music was too loud in the back, the bar area is noisy and sitting outside means dealing with constant traffic noises. I enjoy the brunch menu but most of my friends are not interested in returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 8/10/2014It was sooo noisy that we couldn't hear each other from across the table. It was also a bit too warm inside the restaurant today. It would have helped if the AC had been a bit higher. My omelet (salmon, onion and cream cheese) was good. Our waiter, who was new there, was eager to please and that was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchVlaskowskiVIPDined on 8/10/2014This restaurant was average at best. Went for brunch and service was horrible and we went early at 10:30am. The eggs were so dry and burnt. The food had to be sent back because the waiter didn't put in the order right the first time. Drinks were okay. The Bloody Mary was so spicy I couldn't finish it.Special Features:
- The following 88 reviews are from the The Uptown Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great spotLee288Dined on 5/25/2014Good food, good service and a great price. I brought a group here for brunch and everyone loved it! A little loud but a fun vibe, and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ladies nightladiesnightDined on 5/23/2014Great place to catch up with my friends. Food was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy and not funUpForGoodFoodDined on 5/18/2014having read other reviews we went for brunch and were sorely disappointed. It's a bar, that has tables. food was very average (omelets, salmon bagels, eggs benedict), and service was asleep (had to ask for butter and jam, had to ask for more coffee). Only if you're desperate
- ImafoodieVIPDined on 4/27/2014I love their brunches! A great deal! Food and service were good today. Just wish the acoustics were better. It's really noisy there.Special Features:
- A great place to beeateranddrinkerDined on 4/18/2014The Uptown has consistently delivered very good food, excellent service, and a great experience overall. I live very close by, and it's still one of my favorite places to go for an upscale but vibrant bar scene. It's truly an Upper-East-Side gem, and one of the hottest bars around with excellent sidewalk dining. They also offer an excellent happy hour selection of $6 Martinis, which is an outstanding value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parents Night Out GemJNBKOLADined on 4/11/2014A once a month go to for my husband and I. Never had issues with food or service. it is a little on the louder side, but it is New York!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super 30th BirthdayDulcebella816Dined on 4/5/2014I was looking for a venue to celebrate my boyfriend's 30th birthday and was told about Uptown Restaurant from a friend. I was introduced to Katie, Event Manager who was absolutely great; very patient and accommodating. She answered all my questions no matter what time of the day. There was a nice crowd in the restaurant not too crowded. I had the lychee martini as well as the appetizers. The waitress was more than attentive, replenishing our table with food and making sure everyone was happy. I would DEFINITELY recommend this venue to anyone looking for a nice place to hang out, eat and drink. We actually went back Sunday for brunch but there was a bit of a wait and we were tight on time. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- So SoKikiDined on 3/29/2014They actually didn't have our reservation on file but were able to get us a table right away. The atmosphere is very interesting and very nicely decorated. The waitress was not very attentive and unfortunately the member of my party who is gluten free was given toast on top of her omelet after the waitress had assured her that it would be free of gluten. Also, you get two drinks with the brunch but the waitress did not seem concerned with making sure those getting coffee had full cups. The brunch menu also did not match the exact menu that was online but the food was pretty good. Nothing amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good but it was very loudbex3VIPDined on 3/28/2014The food was very tasty but the dj was blasting house music so it was a bit difficult to talk to my friend across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood Spots barLarboDined on 3/15/2014Big screens and good beer selection make this a logical spot for teams of sports fans to watch the game. Food was better than expected. The beer selection much better.Special Features:
- Horrible service, great dealRTUESDined on 3/2/2014While our waiter was absolutely horrible and had an unwarranted attitude with us the entire meal, the deal is still really great for brunch in NYC. 2 drinks + an entree for $16... Doesn't get much better than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Atmosphere Service Though...RustyDined on 2/28/2014My girlfriend and I recently celebrated my birthday. Everything was great except the waitress had an attitude that she should have left at the door. I might not go back for dinner. It's a better venue for brunch and lunch or catching drinks with a group before heading out for dinner elsewhere.Special Features:
- Good food, very loudAmindyleighDined on 2/28/2014I had Cobb salad, my husband has chicken parm. Food was good, service was good, prices were reasonable...my only complaint was it was so darn loud. We would go back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out with wife...JNBKOLADined on 2/21/2014Our go to place... Once a month dining out without the little ones.... Great food and service... A little loud, so not the place cor quiet night out. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch menuUESGirlieDined on 2/15/2014It was a very nice brunch menu and my friends brought their toddler and he loved it there too. Nice setting and very warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ValentineMrsDeLaCruzDined on 2/14/2014I came here with my boyfriend for Valentine and it was perfect! The food and drinks were awesome. I couldn't find a better place for that occasion. It was a great find online. I was so happy to come upon this restaurant. I would definitely recommend and come back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BRUNCH HEREskigirlVIPDined on 2/8/2014Crazy affordable brunch with 2 drinks included and an extensive menu. Service was speedy and respectful. This could be my new brunch spot on the UES.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Brunch SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/25/2014The brunch special is awesome. You get 2 drinks and a HUGE portion for under $16. The food was actually tasty as well. Great spot if you'd like to grab brunch before visiting one of the UES's many awesome museums.Special Features:
- Reliable brunch, ok serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/12/2014I love the huevos rancheros and order them every time. Looks like the recipe has changed a bit but still delicious. 2 brunch drinks with entree at about $15 a person is a great deal! Service was mediocre at best--I think our server was covering the entire floor, which is just too much. She forgot things a few times, but was very nice and accommodating. Fortunately, we were not in a hurry so it was fine. I would definitely recommend for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great food, poor service.NesiDined on 10/20/2013The restaurant itself was really nice. Looks like it should be a really great place, but we were very disappointed to find out it wasn't. For starters, they didn't have much of what was on the menu. One of the people in our group ordered something, the waiter said they didn't have it. She changed her order, but they didn't have that either. They didn't have pumpkin ale - in October - even though it was listed on the drink menu. Later on we ordered dessert, but of course had to change those orders since they didn't have one thing or another. We went on a Sunday evening where there only about 5-6 other patrons (we didn't get the memo obviously and they took forever to bring out everything. Nice place, disappointing service.
- We went for dinner and bothImafoodieVIPDined on 9/15/2013We went for dinner and both had one of their salads. I'd asked for the dressing on the side, in case I didn't like it, and they'd already put it on. I accepted it but would have preferred a different dressing on the Thai chicken salad. In general, I prefer their brunch menu and food to the dinner food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They offer a really good brunchImafoodieVIPDined on 9/2/2013They offer a really good brunch deal and the food is good when they get it right. We were lucky it wasn't very crowded today. Sometimes it can get pretty noisy. Our waitress was sweet. We'll go back.Special Features:
- Sister's 30th Birthday BrunchkidkarmaDined on 7/7/2013Leah our Waitress Set the tone for the Wonderful Brunch We had this past Sunday. The Food was Great and so were the Mimosas! Leah and the rest of The staff were phenomenal. The brunch is a great Deal at $15.95 which includes the Breakfast side of brunch as well as the Lunch Side of Brunch. Two Drinks of your choice, Soda, Coffee, Draft, Bloody Mary, or Mimosa is Included and the portions are Just right.Special Features:
- This place offers a greatImafoodieVIPDined on 6/30/2013This place offers a great value for brunch. It's the second time we've had it there and everything was delicious. It does get noisy so if you're looking for a quiet spot to talk, this may not be the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, horrible serviceFoodiefiveDined on 6/25/2013The food was delicious. I had the salmon and my friend had the ravioli. The drink selection was good and the pomegranate champagne punch we got was definitively top notch. The only drawback was the service. Our waitress was not attentive. She gave he impression that she did not want us to order food and was very rude when asked questions. Our section was not very busy and we found the behavior inexcusable.Special Features:
- Too NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/25/2013This restaurant was so noisy that you had to yell to have a conversation. They had the music turned so loud and multiple people around us were all yelling to be heard. Our waitress was very sweet and attentive, but she couldn't hear either and brought the wrong food. She replaced it without a problem, and the food was good. The restaurant itself has a nice look to it, but the noise overshadows everything. You cannot have a conversation. Btw, we went on a Monday night and it wasn't overly crowded - I can imagine how bad the noise is on a busy night!
- The food was great, valueOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2013The food was great, value was excellent for brunch ($16 for entree and 2 drinks). The service was slow, but at least apologetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had brunch and it was aImafoodieVIPDined on 6/16/2013We had brunch and it was a great deal. Both of us enjoyed our special omelettes, drinks and coffee. The service was a bit slow, probably because it was very crowded. If you're looking for a quieter place, this isn't it. It was hard to hear each other from across the table. They could use more wait staff to accommodate large crowds. We'd go back because the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite PlaceJakeVIPDined on 6/1/2013Visited here on Saturday night with a restaurant.com coupon. I'm always a little hesitant about using the coupons, because of a fear of getting less-than-great service. However, it was completely the opposite. Our waitress was amazing, helpful and quick. The food was varied and delicious. The pricing was very reasonable and just an overall great find. Highly recommend if you are looking for a place to just grab a bite - burgers/salad/sandwiches, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good 1st Date SpotFrenchieDined on 5/18/2013Went here for a first date and it turned out to be a great pick! We had a choice in either being seated inside or outside. The weather was pretty good for a Dinner at 10PM. The waitress was very friendly and helpful with what to try for two. My date had an amazing time I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place was great. We wentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013This place was great. We went for Mother's Day and had a crew of 13, ages 8-76. The food was outstanding. Brunch is hard for a big group and I hate to admit we have some real pains in the rear. 2 vegetarians and others who are very picky. They all loved their meals. Even my over easy eggs were, in fact, over easy and nice and hot. The waiter was good. It did smell a little like last nights beer but that smell went away after the place filled up. Enjoy, it was a solid spot and...yes, all the moms were happy.Special Features:
- The staff were patient andOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/26/2013The staff were patient and accommodating. We came with 2 children and they took care of us all extremely well. Food was delicious.Special Features:
- Brunchalicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2013Visited for brunch with the family. Diverse- lots of young people and families. Atmosphere was warm and inviting. Probably would go back since everyone seemed to enjoy. Plus, there are 5 of us and our seating placement was spacious & comfortable. We've noticed that to be somewhat rare when dining in the city.Special Features:
- Solid food, very noisy duringFrequentdinerVIPDined on 3/16/2013Solid food, very noisy during happy hour. Good appetizers.Special Features: