The Upper Decks
301 Barton Springs Rd
Austin, TX 78704Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Upper Decks
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.upperdecksaustin.com/
- Phone: 5122912686
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View
- Catering: We offer a wide range of selections for your catering needs. Please contact Emilie for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Emile for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Emilie 5122912686
- Entertainment: The Upper Decks is not just a sports bar. Whether it’s guys night out, ladies night out, or even family night out, our varied menu, dozens of TVs, arcade, and pool tables means fun for everyone.
- Special Events: Ask about Wedding on out Top Deck firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from The Upper Decks
Welcome to The Upper Decks! The new Austin hot spot for superb food, fun, drinks, sports, and exquisite views from our decks. Owned and operated by Austinites for Austinites and visitors of all ages. Add the selection of comfortable seating in our relaxed indoor dining areas and outside on the patio and decks, and you can plan a get-together tailor made for your group. The Upper Decks promises to help "Keep Austin Weird."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Upper Decks reviews from OpenTable diners
- Perfect sports bar. We weregingerknowsDined on 9/5/2012Perfect sports bar. We were there for the first NFL game of the season and were pleasantly surprised. We got there right before the game started. The staff quickly put two tables together for us in the bar area, and our waitress was all over us. We had 10 people at one point. She automatically did separate tabs and no one was ever empty handed. I couldn't believe it. Great prices too. Clearly we have been spending too much time on west 6th. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Very vibrant atmosphere. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Very vibrant atmosphere. Great for "game day". Great and friendly staff. Well trained and knowledgable.Special Features:
- Upper Decks RocksVicS2014Dined on 9/1/2012The Shrimp and Grits I had were spectacular. The Dewberry Pie was just like grandma used to make. The beer was excellent. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. Overall it was a splendid experience.Special Features:
- The service was outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2012The service was outstanding, and the food was extremely hot - which was great!Special Features:
- Nice place, very, very quietFoodieX4VIPDined on 5/25/2012Nice place, very, very quiet for a Friday night in heart of downtown Austin. Wonderful service. We had dessert and drinks. Red Velvet Cake was a bit dry, but the cheesecake was very good.Special Features:
- The menu is written to feelOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/22/2012The menu is written to feel foodie. The food is awful. No season, no flavor. My husband had the porkchop and sweet potatoes, I had beef tenderloin chicken fried steak. We agreed, worst meal in a long time.
- They have great burgers andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2012They have great burgers and fries; both original and sweet potato.Special Features:
- Difficult to find entranceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2012Difficult to find entrance to interior restaurant. Many openings to the decks but no directions from a hostess or waitstaff. Fries were hand-cut but cold when it was served, they would have been good had they been hot. Server did not bring silverware or napkins. Layers of casual outdoor deck area.
- Best for drinks and apps vs. dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2012We went on a busy Saturday night to redeem a Travelzoo deal. It took an hour to get our appetizer, so we were pretty miffed and unpleasantly hungry for most of that time. Our server was apologetic and comped a round of drinks for us, which we appreciated. Our appetizer (crab dip), entrees (fish and chips and bleu cheese burger) and dessert (chocolate mousse cake) were all tasty and very generously portioned so that also helped improve our experience....we just weren't expecting to be there for two hours. It's a comfortable, relaxed spot, but not the fine dining kind of experience that encourages or justifies such a lengthy stay. Great people-watching from the patio on a busy spring evening, however, so at least we were entertained!Special Features:
- very good food for a sportsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/15/2012very good food for a sports bar. wouldn't recommend for romantic evening.
- Outside Venue with Good, Fresh FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/11/2012I was able to catch a basketball game with fellow Michigan State Alumni. The things I loved were: 1. Waiter brought large pictures of water for the group - so self serve 2. We were outside and could easily see the TVs 3. I went in thinking it would be only bar food, however I special ordered two chicken breasts with vegetables and avocado and I was amazed at how good the chicken was and how fresh the green beans, asparagus and avocado that was delivered. The next time you need to watch a game, I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- The fish tacos and turkeyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/21/2012The fish tacos and turkey rueben were both really tasty and well-priced - much better than I might have expected. The chocolate cake was rich and decadent, and the service was friendly. We saw several groups that were there that were clearly there just for the service, the food, and the decent accommodations for larger groups; the 'sports' part seemed an afterthought (though lively in the next room). Good either way on an average day.Special Features:
- The restaurant was very nice,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2011The restaurant was very nice, food was good (we had numerous appetizers first), service was outstanding.
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2011I'm assuming this is a fairly standard sports bar - great when a sporting event is on, only a handful of people when a sporting event is absent. Limited beer list, food is more on the "bar" side of things (although good).
- The restaurant (inside) partOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2011The restaurant (inside) part was more like a sports bar. But what the place lacked in ambience it made up for in the quality of their food. Nice portions, too. They even had a good wine, Napa Cellars Merlot.Special Features:
- We enjoyed and will be back !!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2011Yes, this is a sports bar/reataurant, but once u get past that; the food was excellent. The service was friendly and helpful. The prices were far less than one might expect given the quality of the food. The drinks (even during happy hour) were "WOW" strong. The owner of this restaurant (who introduced himself) is a very warm person who has obviously put a lot of work and time into making a place that can be many different things to different people. There is plenty of room for variety in this venue. This is not a place for a quiet super upscale romantic dinner ... but if you want comfortable surroundings; a varied manu; generous portions; reasonable prices; at a down to earth non-pretentios restaurant then this is the place to be.Special Features:
- Great view and good dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2011Didn't expect much as it looked like a nice sportsbar, but the food and service were very good. Not intrusive, but there when you needed something and the food was perfectly cooked and not of the sportsbar variety. We had the green chili crab dip with toasted baguette, then I had the grilled pork chop with sweet potatoes and fresh green beans and they both had real butter on them. YUM. Hubby had the salmon with fresh asparagus and garlic potatoes. Both were very good. Only disappointment was dessert. The Dewberry pie was soggy, bland and tasted like it had been in the fridge for a while. Otherwise, a great experience. Happy hour from 3-7pm Mon-Fri is a great deal.Special Features:
- This place has a room for EVERYONE!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2011What an amazing experience. We were a group of roughly 8 and there was a place for everyone! The smokers could be outside, the game-players set up shop in the the billiards room and those of us who wanted to chill could spend time in the secluded couch area. Overall, one of the best places for groups. I will definitely be planning more parties here!!!Special Features:
- Great beer & food, Sportsbar lightOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/15/2011Hey, when you have unlimited drafts for $3 all night, what can go wrong? I had what I thought was going to be a standard pub burger but it was supberb with deep dried pickles on a huge bun, well worth it. The only criticism is the decor, kind of cold and uninviting. I thought it would be packed for game seven of the Stanley Cup and it was pretty dead. Overall it was a great meal and I will be back.Special Features:
- Good Food - Long WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2011We went there for a lunch. It took over an hour and a half. The food was good, the portions were acceptable and the service was good too. The wait time makes this place unacceptable for business lunches. I may go there with a party of two or three but not with 10+. They were not equipped to handle a large group.Special Features:
- Good for me (nice menu andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/18/2011Good for me (nice menu and ambiance) good for him(sports).Special Features:
- We went for our Easter brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/24/2011We went for our Easter brunch. The place was completely empty. We sat outside. I thought that would be encouraged, being that its LITEREALLY in the name. But I think our waitress would of much prefered us to sit inside. We all felt like we were making her go out of her way the whole time we were there. Serivce was par. food was great, and mimosa's we're one for the books. I would love to go back and enjoy this wonderful place. Especially since its in such an awesome location! GREAT for people watching! But, I will have to say, next time is probably the make or break for me. If service is still rough, I'll be a no go.Special Features:
- My wife and I went there forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/2011My wife and I went there for Sunday lunch with our 11 and 15 year old boys. The staff was attentive and everything we had came out hot a tasty! We had the fish and chips (very crispy), mussels, ribs and patty melt. My wife loved the marbled rye bread on the patty melt. We ate inside but they have a great set of outdoor decks to enjoy. Try this place!Special Features: