The Union Kitchen
23918 Hwy 59 N
Kingwood, TX 77339Neighborhood:
Kingwood / Humble / Atascocita
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Union Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theunionkitchen.com/
- Phone: (832) 644-9067
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, International
- Executive Chef: Juan Arellano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Union Kitchen
The Union Kitchen serves Global Cuisine with Southern Hospitality. Full Bar Service, Outdoor Dining, Banquet Rooms and High Definition Televisions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Union Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)special occasion (49)good for groups (37)great for brunch (36)fit for foodies (35)great for lunch (31)romantic (30)notable wine list (27)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Felt "skimped"GoodfoodluverDined on 11/15/2014This was our second dinner at Union Kitchen. The first time was amazing. But this time it felt like we were being totally ripped off. The food was still amazing. But the portions were tiny. My husband and I aren't huge eaters, but we were asking each other "Where's the food?"! We were each given different entrees on decent sized plates, but both entrees were literally around 4" X 4" in diameter. It was mostly empty plate. In the future, if we are going to eat in that price range, we will go to a place like Chimichurri instead. At least they give you enough of a meal to feel satisfied.Special Features:
- Kingwood hot spotSamHoustonVIPDined on 11/15/2014Don't have much selection for finer dining around Kingwood, so glad Union Kitchen is here. Good selections. Meatloaf was perfect on a cold fall day. Scallops were a bit overcooked, but to their credit, the chef/owner came out for feedback. Love that in a restaurant. Good wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for a special eveningJasonDined on 11/11/2014The grandparents were in town for my daughter's combined birthday dinners and they took special care of us. It was an overall great experience and we really enjoyed everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner2goodfoodDined on 11/5/2014The Union Kitchen is one of our favorite places and we love to bring our family and friends here. It has a relaxing atmosphere that feels like home, a great menu and always excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak ever!AnnieVIPDined on 11/3/2014The service was wonderful. We started with an avacado with crab, ceaser salad, rib-eye cooked to perfection and ended with cheesecake with a bourbon sauce. Everything was fresh and delicious!Special Features:
- A frequent customer reviewLokeVIPDined on 11/2/2014Glad Union Kitchen has added some new items on the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad filet mignonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Got 2 filet mignon and ribeye. Filets were supposed to be cooked to medium and the ribeye rare. Both filets were very rare and ribeye was well done. They took the filets and Recooked them!! Came back burnt on outside still rare on inside! They cooked another and it was still very rare. No nice food establishment re-cooks a steak!Special Features:
- Happy HauntersLovinitDined on 10/31/2014The evening was Halloween and the staff were dressing the part, talking with customers to assure needs were met, newly created appetizers and entrees were the specials of the evening, along with an atmosphere that enjoyable for patrons, staff, owner/manager, and anyone who came in. Fabulous restaurant.Special Features:
- It was OK!Eatout123Dined on 10/29/2014Not my best visit to this place. Our appetizer and dessert were very good. However, the main course was not so. The waiter explained exactly what should come with our food and he got it incorrect. My friend did not get the veggies she was expecting and my salmon was totally wrong! I was told it came on mashed potato with lemon butter sauce but there was no mash and no sauce. It was covered in a totally different array of accompaniments. Disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok at bestOkayDined on 10/25/2014The food is bland and ok at best. It is almost like they are just trying to hard to make it an upscale place to dine. I've been there 5 times now and will not go back. I have them plenty of chances to earn my busienss but the food and service are just poor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Excellent service, excellent ford and reasonable. Vewry good ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Let DownRBW027Dined on 10/19/2014We frequent this place frequently for dinner and have generally been pleased with our experiences in the past. However, We decided to invite some friends for brunch this past Sunday. Six of us. We were all disappointed in our experience here. All of our food came to the table as if it had been sitting under a heat lamp or something. Had to send two dishes back. Seems to be an issue in the kitchen! Our service was pretty good. It's just ashame the kitchen can't seem to get it together! There are so few nice brunch spots in the Kingwood area and we had high hopes with Union Kitchen. Such a disappointment!!!Special Features:
- A good family restaurantLokeVIPDined on 10/19/2014Having dined here numerous times, good food and service as always.Special Features:
- Great food, service slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I've been to Union Kitchen twice. Both times the food was great, the prices reasonable, and the selection very good. But the time it took to get our food was not acceptable. I'm afraid I probably won't be eating there again unless a friend requests it. It's definitely not a place to eat if you're crunched for time.
- Windstorm494VIPDined on 10/16/2014Had dinner here during Houston restaurant weeks and was not impressed but thought I would give it another try and they did not redeem themselves. Waitstaff was great but for the price of a meal here the kitchen should execute better. I ordered lamb chops medium rare and they were charred black sitting on top of greasy kale leafs. My son ordered crab stuffed shrimp which were overlooked. My other parties meals were unremarkable. I guess people in Kingwood must be desperate for something different but I will not be back. To much $$ for below average food
- LovetoeatoutlovetoeatoutDined on 10/10/2014We had a group of 6 for lunch and all sandwich meals were delicious. I had the ahi tuna and could barely get in my mouth. Cooked just right. Will be back even from the Champions area.Special Features:
- Very nice!ExcellentDined on 10/5/2014We were a table for three, so it was a very nice to sit and talk in such a relaxing atmosphere. The food was excellent, the mimosas were delicious, and the service was superb! Keep up the good service, and this will surely become one of our favorites!Special Features:
- Saturday night datemanonfire1223Dined on 10/4/2014Had a great time. Service was timely and food very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Step insidegracandrobDined on 10/4/2014The outside of the restaurant is unassuming as well as it's name. Neither one offer the pleasant surprise when stepping into this beautiful restaurant. Not only beautiful, but the food is presented so lovely, and deliriously. Too bad I didnt try any desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchEatingHappyDined on 9/28/2014Great variety on the menu and great "brunch" drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experiencetman6312VIPDined on 9/26/2014We always have a great dining experience at Union. We have celebrated birthdays, Father's Day, and anniversaries, as well as a casual lunch or dinner and the experience is always the same. Awesome food, great staff, notable wines. One of my favorites!Special Features:
- TastyDL27VIPDined on 9/17/2014We only did appetizers this particularly night because we were STUFFED after eating them. Had no room for dinner! I had a groupon that I didn't even end up using. Will definitely be back!
- Good, a little off in the kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Brought a party of 7 for a birthday celebration, having had multiple excellent experiences at Union Kitchen previously. We had a couple special requests (menu substitution, one of our party had to depart early), which were taken care of by attentive waiter. Unfortunately, one of the fish entrees, which was the evening's special, for the rest of the party was missing a substantial portion (2/3) of the fish. Waiter and manager rectified as best and quickly as they could, and that was appreciated, but that meant one of our party was waiting for their dish to be cooked while the rest of us ate. Bad mistake on the kitchen's part.Special Features:
- Impromtu Group OutingRyanDined on 9/13/2014Following a birthday party, several of my family members decided to go to dinner. We happened up Union Kitchen in the Kingwood area on Yelp, and decided to give it a try. After reserving on Open Table, we arrived to very warm welcome by the hostesses and were seated immediately. Food was great (sea bass and bone in lamb), the server was very friendly and very helpful. We will definitely attend again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceMayfaye87Dined on 9/7/2014We had the waiter Jamel was great. The manager was great and we were able to explain to her about the great service we received. Also there was great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't seem to get enoughtleeDined on 9/7/2014We have now been several times and we just can't seem to get enough. Food ALWAYS amazing and haven't had bad service once. We LOVE the place and tend to go after church on Sunday. Highly recommend a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love BrunchchubbydDined on 9/7/2014Great restaurant! We've been for dinner and it was great. Had brunch this time and was delicious. Excellent Bloody Mary bar.Special Features:
- Great Food and serviceMMJJDined on 9/3/2014Chilean Seabass was yummy, and the smoked salmon appetizer too.Special Features:
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2014Once again we are so glad that Union Kitchen in Kingwood is open for brunch on Saturday as well as Sunday. The menu is outstanding and the food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingDisappointingDined on 8/29/2014The truffle mac & cheese was disappointing . We sent it back. There was nothing truffle about it, just plain Mac &chesse. The potato puree with the lamb dish was outstanding but when we asked the waiter for an additional side of that same puree, he brought us warm mashed potatoes. He knew it was not what we asked for . Food was not hot but warm , as if it sat out for a while waiting to be picked up. Don't think we will go back. This was our second visit. THe first time we had to send food back because it was room temperature. It is unfortunate because it is a good menu, but food is served cold and the waiter attention to what he was serving was poor.
- Special way to say Thanksres0pvuhDined on 8/28/2014I just spent a couple of days with my niece's family and wanted to say thanks. The ratings were good and the menu was diverse enough to please all palates. My niece and I took advantage of a prix fixed menu that also was a fund raiser for the Houston Food Bank. It was very reasonably priced and the portions were good. She has the roasted chicken and I had the miso black cod. Her husband enjoyed the ribeye and her 3 year old daughter had the spaghetti. Dessert all around and our 3 year old dove into the "chocolate tower cake" with glee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week menueLeetexDined on 8/27/2014I was not pressed with the restarant week menu; so I looked at regular meu. Hoped for a large entree salad , but only small side salads! Finally got the delicious hamburger, loved it and had eaters remorse all evening! Not healthy! My husband had steak burrito! He like it! I prefer more healthy menu, my husband like it! He wants to return!Special Features:
- Dining PleasurePeaBNBDined on 8/26/2014There are not many places to go in the Humble, Kingwood and Atascocita area that aren't loud and crowded and have been serving the same old menu for years. The Union Kitchen gives us an out. An escape for the norm (like the Texas Roadhouse, Luby's and Los Cusos looming in the parking lot). We met a family friend for dinner and wanted to support HRW. The menu selections for HRW were awesome. I had the gumbo, the black cod and the strawberry biscuit for dessert. It was a fantastic meal. Mary Beth was our server and she made it a great experience being attentive and responsive.Special Features:
- nice dinnerkrisDined on 8/23/2014the appetizers were outstanding. the fish entrees were adequate. the steaks were delicious. the restaurant had a lot of children in it and it made for a loud and uncomfortable experience. but when you have kids of your own you just get used to it. so if you don't like the noise, book your reservation for later than 7pm.Special Features:
- Great food!NancyDined on 8/23/2014We dined here for a special occasion. The food was wonderful, and prepared quickly. Our servers were very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We tried The Union Kitchen for my birthday based on the on-line menu because the dishes sounded delicious; however, the food was disappointing. The lentil soup was maybe lukewarm, and my salmon was over cooked. The temperature of the restaurant was way too cold- that is why we ordered soup! We will not return.
- Superb food month menu2GodBGloryDined on 8/17/2014I wife and I celebrated our anniversary here in conjunction with the Houston Food Bank's August restaurant weeks. We enjoyed the menu selection, the service, the ambience, and of course the food itself was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerlaverneDined on 8/16/2014We had dinner here and we did not feel the dinner was at all worth the cost.... We spent $ 80.00 on a meal that I would much rather have spent anywhere else but here... We will never go back again.
- Deliciousladyinpink2011Dined on 8/16/2014The bar is warm and inviting with the bartender amenable to make any type of drink and explain Happy Hour specials. The menu is very eclectic. The meatloaf and the 1/2 pound hamburgers are their classic dishes. I had the meatloaf, but always order it with extra gravy on the side -- never enough. The Chilean bass was cooked perfectly with a vegetable side -- edamame beans and asparagus mix as well as the trout on couscous. Servers were attentive. The meals are pricey, but delicious.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantFamilyDined on 8/16/2014Excellent Service. Interesting food selections. Great for parties. Nice for girls night out.Special Features: