The Union Grill and Pub - The Union Bluff Hotel
8 Beach Street
York Beach, ME 03910Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Union Grill and Pub - The Union Bluff Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.unionbluff.com/
- Phone: (207) 363-1333 ext. 0
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Every Day: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Breakfast; Saturday and Sundays 7:00am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Karl Mace
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: The Union Bluff Meeting House ~ Weddings, Private Functions and Business meetings for up to 225 people. Lovely ocean views on Short Sands Beach.
- Private Party Contact: Darlene Yankura 207-363-1333x104
A word from The Union Grill and Pub - The Union Bluff Hotel
On the ocean, with fabulous views and sophisticated yet cozy atmosphere, the Union Grill is the area's newest place to be. Relax at the new custom built bar, featuring specialty beers, cappuccino's and the the latest liquors. Sink into the leather seating area in front of the fireplace while sipping a cocktail and enjoying an appetizer. Treat yourself to an unforgettable meal prepared just for you by Chef Karl Mace. Using local ingredients, and items a bit out of the ordinary, Chef Mace will tantalize your taste buds with a refreshing take on today's classic dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Union Grill and Pub - The Union Bluff Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
1 review since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Delicious mealThewennerDined on 7/26/2014Husband and I enjoyed a delicious meal with a great view last Saturday night. Waitress was great - checking on us without being intrusive and the timing of the different courses was perfect. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Hotel, not the GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Overpriced for little, slightly better than average food. Waitstaff weak. No kids menu in an area that is full of families. We would not go back to restaurant.
- Our hidden gem!mainegirlDined on 5/24/2014We celebrated our anniversary and even though last minute the presentation, preparation of food and warm welcome were the pinnacle of our day. Thank you for making it so memorable on such a wonderful occasion!Special Features:
- Good as it gets for York MaineCarmensensemanVIPDined on 5/17/2014Food is fresh and well prepared..... Presentations just OK. But it is still a local place, run by locals....can't hit the curve ball or think outside the box. If you stay between the lines the experience should be OK.Special Features:
- Good food, lovely viewmorning120Dined on 5/10/2014We had a very nice dinner at Union Grill. Overlooking the ocean, food nicely done, waitstaff helpful.Special Features:
- Relaxing EveningVictoriaDined on 4/13/2014Union Bluff Grill was a wonderful dining experience. It was like walking into your a special home with fireplace burning, beautiful ocean view and perfect lighting. The presentation of the plates chosen were outstanding but the food was twice that in flavor. Service was excellent. A very nice evening. I would defintely recommend this restaurant and of course go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeJimboDined on 3/1/2014We went to Union Bluff as a party of 6 and all of us enjoyed our meals! This is my fourth visit to the restaurant and every time my meal was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were married at this hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/7/2013We were married at this hotel and came back for a holiday/anniversary dinner. The food was wonderful and the chef was great with a few special requests we had. We were there on the early side (around 5:30 pm), but even once it filled up, the service was very prompt. A great way to end a day in the cold, sitting next to the fireplace with a delicious meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Lobster Ravioli! Mmm!FenwayResidentDined on 11/16/2013Don't make the mistake of going non-seafood here... while the steak is great, as is the pork... you MUST go with the Lobster Ravioli dish. I command you. P.S. The cookie and caramel puff desserts are remarkable, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!RayCDined on 10/2/2013Our server was friendly and knowledgeable; the food and drink recommendations were awesome. I got the salmon which was cooked to perfection and the Ginger Martini was balanced: not too sweet or strong (alcohol-wise and ginger-wise). We were there for lunch the day before on the outdoor patio which looks out on Short Sands Beach, but the server wasn't as engaged; however, the food was still outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Experience!wealthywaiterDined on 9/29/2013Seared Haddock was one of the best dishes we ever had! 5 Stars. Sherry Cream Sauce with Lobster accompaniment was fabulous. Beautiful decor and view. Highly recommended by the Wealthy Waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent hidden gem!mainegirlDined on 9/15/2013We love coming as frequently as possible. The atmosphere is warm and friendly; the staff is superb; and the food is memorable. Every effort is seen in the preparation and presentation of our meal and the result is a very satisfied and delighted customer. We take our dear family and friends at every opportunity we can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Union Grill a big hit!!DeeJayDined on 8/28/2013We met friends at the Union Grill and they had never dined there. We see them once a year so we were looking for a quieter setting with good food. It was perfect!!! It was a foggy and cool evening so the fire was lit in the beautiful fieldstone fireplace and the corner table was cozy and quiet. The food was excellent, everyone loved their meal and the service was terrific. I would highly recommend the Union Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two different restaurants..oneOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/6/2013Two different restaurants..one is a semi formal style, the other is a pub style...and you cannot order anything off the pub menu in the semi formal side...that was a little weird, so we moved to the pub side because their menu was actually more extensive. (Actually the pub menu has most of the semi formal menu items on it). But the con part of the pub is it can get very loud and messy. But good if you have energetic kids. Pub side service wasn't very good, but food was pretty good for pub fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress was great, andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2013Our waitress was great, and the food was fresh and delicious. The chef was able to accommodate a slight modification to one of the dishes without any fuss. The dining room is small, but cozy. Not necessarily for small children, but the pub side (with a popcorn machine) lends itself to families with small children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2013Everything was perfect! The food was amazing and paced for our needs. Went for romantic walk on the beach after.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food at a good pricechuckmac07VIPDined on 6/17/2013nothing fancy or spectacular, but good salads & risotto and a decadent if slightly undercooked cookie/ice cream dessert. friendly server. a solid choice in York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in York BeachCarmensensemanVIPDined on 5/17/2013York beach is not know for upscale dinning....but this venue is an exception. The food, service, and ambiance is comparable to any high end neighborhood restuarant in Boston or New York. The chef knows how to cook sauces and soups that are rich , but not heavy. Service was outstanding......Special Features:
- The Union continues to beOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/23/2013The Union continues to be a great place to stay and have dinner with out leaving the hotel.Special Features:
- Another fabulous meal wasmainegirlDined on 3/16/2013Another fabulous meal was had by the three of us.The fish was moist and the prepared sauce was phenomenal. The filet mignon was tender and adequately portioned. The grilled salmon was equally moist and spiced accordingly. The sweetbreads are a secret delight; the fried goat cheese ravioli and salad were scrumptious.Special Features:
- It was a very romantic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013It was a very romantic evening , great ambiance and food was great.only cimplaint I had was the broccoli side dish that came with the filet, it was very bitter. Other than that perfect! The triple chocolate martinis were fabulousSpecial Features:
- We cannot say enough aboutmainegirlDined on 1/27/2013We cannot say enough about the superb food we experienced with our friends. The veal sweetbreads were succulent; the fried oysters with plankton aioli was decadent; the filet mignon and duck breast both cooked to perfection; the gorgonzola mac-n-cheese was a creamy delight. We had a lovely Sterling Cab and the two drinks-the New Old Fashioned and Salted Caramel were delicious. Our server, Tracy, was ver accommodating and delightful. All gratitude and applause goes to the chef-Darren. We thank you for a fabulous night of gastronomic delight!Special Features:
- Usually I would be turnedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/30/2012Usually I would be turned off by eating dinner in a hotel in a tourist location, but what a wonderful and pleasant surprise. The atmosphere in the dining room was warm, cosy with fireplace, and comfortable. The service was great, food very good and everyone very accomodating, especially for anyone with food allergies. we will go back any time we are in the area.Special Features:
- If the pub weren't acrossOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/29/2012If the pub weren't across the lobby without any separation causing its noise to permeate the dining room, the overall & ambiance ratings would be outstanding, and the noise rating probably quiet to moderate.
- Really good restaurant ThePackmanMtlDined on 11/2/2012Really good restaurant The lobster is fantastic Try the Pumpkin beer it's a must!Special Features:
- Also stayed at the Hotel.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2012Also stayed at the Hotel. wonderful place all aroundSpecial Features:
- We arrived to a very pleasantDowntownBobVIPDined on 9/5/2012We arrived to a very pleasant surprise, a prix fixe menu, 3 courses for $28.50 in addition to the regular menu. The prix fixe selections were amazing and we selected them.
- Great dinner........had swordfishOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2012Great dinner........had swordfish special.....nice thick piece of fish cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- A great find.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2012We had dinner at the Union Grill. They were very friendly, the service was excellent and the food wonderful. The ambiance in the restaurant side was very nice and comfortable. It is small but there were only a few patrons so it was quiet and nice. As we were leaving we saw the outside patio for the grill and it looked like a nice place to hang out and have a few drinks and appetizers. The view from both the grill and pub are beautiful.Special Features:
- Allie, our server was on topOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012Allie, our server was on top of things from the beginning, was able to comfortably make suggestions egarding the menu and the specials. Food for all four of us exceeded expectations. Comfortable setting in a quiet and well appointed dining room. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Food was great.Great view.WeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012Food was great.Great view.We enjoyed our 47th anniversary.Special Features:
- Our little secret spot!mainegirlDined on 7/18/2012My husband and I frequent the Union Bluff especially when we have family and special friends visiting. We love the food and especially the attention we receive from Kerri and Elena and chef Darren! He is very creative and puts his heart into his creations. We hope to see a chefs tasting in the future. This way he can really show off his gourmet expertise.Special Features:
- If you find yourself in theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/15/2012If you find yourself in the short sands york beach area, dont miss this gem! Great food,great ambiance! Very cozy,and warm, great service, you instantly right at home! Wife and I each had the lobster rav,outstanding! Dessert was a cookie right out of the oven, topped with ice cream and whipped cream, amazing! This place was great, highly recommended!Special Features:
- Excellent food. worth theEyes24VIPDined on 7/7/2012Excellent food. worth the wait, even if the kitchen is busy. We ate on the restaurant side, not the pub, as the pub had a wait of more than an hour, and OT reservaton was just for the restaurant. Would eat here again.
- An excellent view of the coastOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/23/2012An excellent view of the coast line and very good food.Special Features:
- good food and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/26/2012good food and great service! Reasonable prices too.Special Features:
- Food was great. Waitress wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Food was great. Waitress was extremely pleasant and attentive. Outstanding ocean view. Overall a wonderful experience. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- this place is always veryDowntownBobVIPDined on 12/4/2011this place is always very good, but off-season, it is a real gem, no crowds, no noisy kids. My lobster pizza was amazing! Great selection of draft beers too. We'll be back again.Special Features:
- A Local's DreammainegirlDined on 11/13/2011Union Bluff Grille continues to excite. James Beard Chef Karl Mace is joined by Sous Chef Darren Kelly, who adds an Iberian flair to the creative menu. Darren did not disappoint. We had a foodies dream meal with scallop ceviche & Oysters Rockefeller that John D. would have approved. The Grilled Salmon was ideal with a crusty exterior & moist interior; no knife needed, it just flaked with the fork. It topped creamy, chunky garlic mashed potatoes & zesty roasted tomatoes. My wife had the Grilled Bacon Wrapped Sirloin, which she got medium rare. It was cooked to perfection and could be cut with a butter knife. Don't miss the three course Prix Fixe Dinner on Thursdays and Sundays that changes weekly for only 28.95 including wine!Special Features:
- We loved this restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2011We loved this restaurant, the ambiance and location. The food was great! The fried calamari was the best we ever had. The hostess was gracious, and our waitress was attentive without being intrusive. Would highly recommend to our friends.Special Features: