The Twisted Oak
61 Main Street
Tarrytown, NY 10591Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Twisted Oak
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thetwistedoakny.com/
- Phone: (914) 332-1992
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Cutney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private intimate dining room accommodates up to 60 guests for special functions.
- Private Party Contact: Jacob Parenti 9143321992x
A word from The Twisted Oak
Chef Michael Cutney's newest Venture The Twisted Oak, takes a fun and casual approach to New American Fare with Italian Influences. Sourcing from Local Farmers and Growers,The Twisted Oak offers a daily changing menu featuring ingredients from the Hudson Valleys' Bounty. Located just steps away from the famed Tarrytown Music Hall, the Restaurant is set in a turn of the century photography studio. The main dining room is dressed with paintings from local artists and the bar, which was handcrafted from Oak Wine Barrels, you can expect to find boutique wines, seasonal cocktails, and local brews. The Twisted Oak is quickly becoming a neighborhood favorite with its delicious food, refined service, and excellent hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Twisted Oak - Best Restaurants in Tarrytown ›
The Twisted Oak reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (77)neighborhood gem (61)special occasion (37)romantic (29)hot spot (15)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (10)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent meal, inventive dishes.BarrySDined on 11/15/2014Went on Saturday night for restaurant week. Busy restaurant, attractive and welcoming interior space, a big upgrade from Isabella's which preceded it. The menu had a good selection of inventive dishes. I had a buckwheat pasta (dumplings) with vegies and an egg on top for appetizer and the porchetta maim course. The porchetta was not the sliced meat you get at an Italian deli. It was three different types of pork, shoulder, loin and belly over kambasha squash and red cabbage. Wifey had the unusual fried chicken which was fabulous. Great meal. Not the same old thing but good, delicious inventive cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LennyVIPDined on 11/15/2014was in the tarrytown area and had heard about this restaurant......food was good and we lucked out with a pre fix restaurant week menu.....staff is very professional and friendly......reservations are recommended especially on weekends........great dining experience will return when in areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. Portions small. Price was highOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Disappointed they could not provide a bloody mary. Presentation was wonderful for lunch and food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twisted OakMemeVIPDined on 11/14/2014You can't beat the food and the service is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite the pleasant surpriseSMC16Dined on 11/13/2014We ate at The Twisted Oak during Restaurant Week and were pleasantly surprised. We were expecting upscale bar food but the menu here is more finessed than that. We liked that the place had a Restaurant Week only menu and that the choices were diverse. I actually found the first course so filling, I only ate half of my entree (my husband finished it) and we took our desserts home. I would have liked a non-kale choice for salad and I thought the braised rib was a little salty but otherwise the food was great. We will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Class Preparation and PresentationRetired2VIPDined on 11/13/2014We immediately felt the warm, and cozy ambience as we entered The Twisted Oak. The wait staff was professional, knowledgeable, and attentive. The meal was well paced and allowed us to enjoy each course, savoring the blend of flavors and textures. The ingredients are fresh, high quality, and carefully prepared. The Twisted Oak is a destination well worth the stop. Note: reservations, particularly on the weekend, is advised!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost OutstandingGoodfoodieDined on 11/11/2014The food was exceptional. It was restaurant week . We enjoyed a kale salad which was tender and flavorful. We also enjoyed the wild salmon that was prepared to perfection. The desserts were equally delicious. Upon arriving on time for our reservation, we waited just a few minutes for our table to be ready which was certainly understandable. However, once the people left the table we waited an additional fifteen minutes for the table to be cleaned and set up for us. That was the only glitch in the evening. Once we were seated the service was prompt and attentive. Excellent dinner. Very pleasant evening. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocalgalDined on 11/9/2014I tried Twisted Oak for the first time after seeing Toni's review highlighting Restaurant Week on TV. I was disappointed the highly praised Duck Lasagna was not part of the Rest. Week Menu-which the review show led you to believe. You had to pay $16 extra which we reluctantly did and it was truly Great. On the whole the prices were too high for me to be a frequent diner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2014Enjoyed our meal our meal Sunday night during restaurant week. Had many choices and had no problem finding something we wanted to try. My wife and I both enjoyed all our choices. Service was very attentive but, not overly attentive. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Flare4FareDined on 11/9/2014Wonderful experience dining at The Twisted Oak, delightful owners, Jacob is an amazing host, giving a warm & welcoming vibe that makes dining an enjoyable experience. The food was outstanding, truly well thought out & executed dishes, using fresh local ingredients! It's hard to find dining like this in Westchester. This is one of few that truly stand out! Great job guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed in this new restaFranDined on 11/8/2014Very disappointed. Although the food was tasty, we had a problem. It was restaurant week and the portion given for the short rib was half the size of normal. I'm pretty sure that the rule for restaurant week is not to cut the portion that it would be on a regular night. There was also a supplemental charge of $6.00 on the short rib which was absurd. I couldn't read the tiny writing on the menu, so I asked the waiter to read off the deserts. One of the deserts was a smores pudding, but he forgot to tell me that there was a $4.00 supplemental charge. I have been eating in restaurants for Hudson Valley Restaurant week for years and I have never encountered a supplemental charge on a deserts. We will not be back. Will not be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/7/2014Went for lunch during Restaurant Week. Ordered mussels for entrée, but the portion size was more for appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chicken was greatKonBDined on 11/6/2014great restaurant, it did not disappoint even on a restaurant week tasting menu! The food was excellent! I will be back again!Special Features:
- great new restaurantDaveDined on 11/6/2014Really fresh, farm to table, ever changing menu great for date nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal during Restaurant Week!RetrokitchVIPDined on 11/6/2014Based upon reviews from friends, I was hesitant. We sat in the back room, & while it was full, tables were far enough apart to enjoy a conversation (which I find lacking in many of the Rivertowns top restaurants). Service was a little slow, compared to the couple that were seated next to us at the same time, but I was very content as we were dining earlier than usual for us. Extremely happy with our choices: I had the mussels in tomato broth (outstanding) and my husband had the radicchio salad. For mains, I had the fried chicken, he had the cavatelli. While the portions were a little small, no complaints - we rarely have 3 courses, and overall it was ample. Panna cotta & the chocolate dessert topped off a wonderful meal & we'll return!Special Features:
- Good mix of new flavorsLsalesVIPDined on 11/6/2014I was impressed with the quality of food, the atmosphere was relaxing and the staff service very good. They were knowledgeable, attentive and let us linger for a long time. I would recommend this place!Special Features:
- excellent!roseeDined on 11/6/2014Went for lunch during restaurant week. It was delicious! We had risotto, fried chicken, and pasta w/short rib ragu. Everything was so delicious. My only wish is that they post a menu online so you have some idea of what they are offering for lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A brilliant gem in my quaint townBellaDined on 11/5/2014Greetings elegant diners! For a superb experience, Jacob & Chef Michael, delivers 5 Stars. Their ever changing "farm to table" gastronomic creations will excite and delight your palette. Lovely ambiance, excellent service, gracious wine list, divine food . . . My new neighborhood haunt, simply a stroll away to heaven. Grazie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too BadMonaVIPDined on 11/5/2014Food was wonderful. It may have been an off night but service was awful. Inordinately slow and even the check was thoroughly botched up and took an eternity to correct it. Spoiled the experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014Dishes were flavorful and service was good. Glad that we picked this one to try.Definitely will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/31/2014lovely staff, great food with interesting combinations of flavors. open later than most restaurants than others. will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Good food / Poor serviceDanSDined on 10/31/2014Been to the Twisted Oak several times. I reserved for Friday (Halloween) night. I was called to confirm my reservation, and I was asked if I was going to the local Music Hall show, which I was. Thus, a 6 PM reservation for an 8 PM show. The restaurant thoughtfully knew to ask. We (4) were on time and sat immediately, because at 6 it's not yet half full. But people were coming in, and when we left at 8:15 it was full. Every aspect of the meal took too much time, even if we weren't on a schedule. Orders were slow, drinks, appetizers and entrees came slow. Our entrees arrived at 7:45, by which time we were keeping a close eye on the clock. Even paying went quite slowly, despite my friend making a comment to the waiter.Special Features:
- Lovely eveninghugetractsDined on 10/31/2014My husband and I dined here before a recent Mavericks concert; the service was top-notch and the atmopshere was charming. We sat in the front, near the bar, rather than in the more formal dining room in the back and enjoyed being able to watch the street scene outside as the neighborhood children passed by in their Halloween costumes. One of the special cocktails was a martini called (I believe) a"Concord Smash" with fresh concord grape puree and St. germaine, it was a hit all around! We shared the roast chicken, which was plenty for us, and enjoyed it thoroughly. Would recommend it wholeheartedly and plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/29/2014Fabulous meal. Duck and polenta were delicious. Friendly staff and good service.Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/21/2014We had a fantastic 1st experience! The food was amazing - we shared lots of dishes and each one was exceptional. The service was top notch, and the waiter was so patient with our wine by the glass selection - we tried 3 before we landed on the right one and the waiter wanted to be sure we got the right wine for our selections. The owner came by to see how our meal and experience was and we'll definitely be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a meal!DeliciousVIPDined on 10/17/2014Be prepared for a rich, and delicious meal like you've never had. The chef is inventive and combines ingredients that complement and enhance each other and very inventive.Special Features:
- Good, but needs work.HBogDined on 10/17/2014The Twisted Oak was fair/good and has a lot of potential. Some dishes were terrific. Fresh ingredients and inventive, well-prepared dishes throughout the menu, however, the staff, although extremely friendly, seemed overwhelmed on a Friday evening. The timing of the wait staff and the kitchen were off resulting in certain dishes being lukewarm and even soggy. Also, there was only one bartender for the entire restaurant and active bar on a Friday.Special Features:
- A findOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/11/2014The food, service, atmosphere was superb. A great new local restaurant in Tarrytown. Very accommodating to my food concerns since I am gluten free and diary free. Thank you Chef Chutney and his staff...
- Just an average first experience...GeoffUDined on 10/10/2014Twisted Oak has all the ingredients for a superstar meal, but failed to deliver. The space is inviting, if not spectacular. The menu has many well thought out dishes and the servers try very hard to be attentive. That all said, the meal itself didn't hit the lofty standards the restaurant has for itself. Given the prices, I am hard pressed to say this was a very good or outstanding overall experience. Was truly hoping for more. It's hard to differentiate Twisted Oak from other peers on the Tarrytown strip.Special Features:
- Foodie heavenZiporahjDined on 10/10/2014My friend and I had a supremely delicious meal at The Twisted Oak this past Friday. We shared apps and a salmon entree. The kitchen brought out truffled chickpeas as a nibble and we inhaled them. I want the recipe. Service was just right - always there when we needed them but never a rush. It got noisy but it was ok - people were clearly having a good time. I will be back!Special Features:
- OverratedPastaplusDined on 10/10/2014Food was good enough, the wine list though reasonably priced are not worth paying for and our service was just OK for a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BerniceDined on 10/10/2014I have eaten at the best (and most expensive restaurants) in NYC plus my grandfather was chef at a major NYC hotel. At Twisted Oak I came away thrilled with the unusual and most delicious new tastes on your menu! All I can say is BRAVO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TinaDined on 10/4/2014Service was good but the overall food for price was overrated.Special Features:
- Fun, inventive, tasty foodRailguyVIPDined on 10/3/2014Despite a limited menu what they served was excellent. My wife and I both had excelletn salads and delicious entrees. My wife loved the kale salad and my spinach with pear and concord grape vinaigrette was one of the best I ever had. Meal ended with great desert; chef's take on a smore. Fun, inventive tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- empty upon arrivalLuvNashvilleDined on 9/30/2014When we got there only one other table was occupied. It never got to more than half-filled, but the food was very good, and the service was good.Special Features:
- Very Nice DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2014We had a lovely anniversary dinner here. Tables were well spaced, so the dinner felt intimate. Service was very attentive, but never felt rushed. For appetizers we had a very simple and delicious tomato salad (clearly farm to table heirloom tomatoes, very ripe and flavorful) and house-cured pork loin, sliced razor-thin, yum. Entrees were also very nice, I had a wild caught salmon with corn pudding, my husband cod with roasted tomatoes (I think?), fish was well cooked, sides were paired well, portions were reasonable. Overall very satisfied, and would come here for a nice dinner again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedsteveVIPDined on 9/17/2014Took forever to get someone to take a drink order, then even longer to get the drinks (which we watched sitting on the corner of the bar for almost 10 minutes). Starters -- chickpeas and a tomato salad -- were quite good. But, the mains were highly disappointing; basically, two tasteless pieces of fish, despite the advertised spicy sauces. Due to slow service, we had to rush out (for a show) without coffee or dessert.
- Interesting disasterKnowplanbDined on 9/13/2014The food and the ambience are exactly what you are looking for when you want to have an exciting evening and interesting new dishes with your partner. Problem is service and organization would not hold up at the Burger King drive thru
- AnonDined on 9/10/2014We were intruiged! We had heard and read many differeing opinions about Twisted Oak, most notably about the service. No issues at all with the service or timing on the food - in fact we were almost over served but not in a bad way at all. Food was delicious and the servers took the time to explain their favorite dishes and genuinely answer our questions. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Farm to TableTravelingDinerDined on 9/10/2014Three ladies ordered over 7 appetizers, sharable table items and entrees. It was way more food than we could eat but each dish was delicious and well prepared. Will definitely make this a regular stop when in the Tarrytown area. Delicious!Special Features: