The Twisted Fork
3751 Sumner Blvd, Ste 170
Raleigh, NC 27616Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Twisted Fork
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thetwistedfork.com/
- Phone: 9197922535x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 11am - 9pm
Friday & Saturday 11am - 10pm
Sunday 11am - 8pm
Sunday Brunch 11am - 3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Chef Dan Hoskins
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Rocky Top Catering can take care of all your special events needs - YOUR PLACE OR OURS. We have a premier private event space in North Raleigh called 1705 Prime. We are full service off site caterers.
We are the exclusive caterer at the Blue Zone at UNC's Kenan Stadium and at the NC Museum of Natural Sciences & Nature Research Center in Downtown Raleigh.
Voted Caterer of the Year by the National Association of Catering Executives 2 years in a row!!!
Please visit www.rockytopcatering.com for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Twisted Fork specializes in group dining. Our spacious loft area can be converted into a private party space for up to 50 guests seated and 75 for standing room only.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Allen 8777995832
A word from The Twisted Fork
The Twisted Fork Restaurant is a locally owned restaurant in Raleigh, NC that takes FRESH and FUN to a new level! Our talented team uses the freshest ingredients to create mouth-watering, made-from-scratch dishes daily, including house smoked BBQ, ribs, tacos with a twist, specialty burgers and more! And we try not to take ourselves too seriously. After all, eating out should be fun! So grab the gang and come hang out with us on the patio, at the bar or "under the lights" inside our dining room. You bring the friends and family—we'll deliver the fresh and fun!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Twisted Fork - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
The Twisted Fork reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (20)kid-friendly (19)great for lunch (17)fit for foodies (12)special occasion (11)great for outdoor dining (8)neighborhood gem (6)great for brunch (6)romantic (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good gluten free optionsGfdiningDined on 9/21/2014Great options for gluten free dining, including dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - Groups are problemsGoodGrubDined on 9/18/2014The food is excellent as is the service. However, don't try to book or bring a group. First, I like to use OpenTable for reservations. Twisted Fork does not allow you to reserve more than 6 people in your party through OpenTable unless you call them directly (one of the main reasons for using OpenTable). Second, the seating availability and noise level prohibits any group 8 or more from being able to all be in the conversation at one time.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceartflymanDined on 8/15/2014The food and services were very good. Had two types of the smoked meat, pulled pork and brisket. The meat was very tasty although a bit too much fat. Both sauces had nice flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itfood444Dined on 8/12/2014The restaurant interior is nice but the food was below average.
- Eric our Waiter was very politeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014barbecue chicken was good - however did not seem like barbecue sauce was added until after it was cooked.... salmon was goodSpecial Features:
- great experienceJacquieDined on 8/1/2014First time eating at TF and loved it! Service was outstanding. We were approached by the general mgr 2X to check on us. Best calamari I have had in Raleigh. I will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014The service was good. The drink prices are very reasonable. The food was interesting but average. My date had a seafood pasta dish that was a little light on seafood and very heavy on sauce. I had the beef brisket that was a little tough for having been supposedly smoked for 12 hr. The collard greens were excellent but the fried okra and hush puppies were over cooked. The fried grit cake was very interesting and tasty. Overall it was an average dining experience at an above average price.
- Twisted ForkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Had awesome service, great food and very helpful and friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- easy fixesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014drink glass went empty. waitress approached table five minutes into meal asking if there was anything she could get us while my empty glass was staring back at us. shrimp tacos good, but crunched through what seemed to be sand? wive heard it and thought i broke a tooth. super first visit 6 years ago, but this time.......Special Features:
- Questionable serviceChandlerDined on 7/6/2014I usually love going to Twisted Fork and love their food but this visit was different. Our waitress seemed a little inexperienced and we waited way too long for our food despite that it was not busy at all. There was a problem with the order apparently and my food was not hot. However, they made up for it by giving me the kid's meal that I ordered free and also one of our desserts for free. However dessert, as always, was amazing. The carrot cake is amazing as well as the peanut butter brownie cake. Yum!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stingy with their food!!!BettyVIPDined on 7/6/2014I went to TF with a 2 for 1 coupon for brunch on a Sunday. I chose the pancakes with sausage and bacon. When they brought it out I could have put everything on my plate in one hand (my hands are very small). There were 3 pancakes all of different sizes. The largest was about 4" across, the second one was about 3 1/2" across and the one on top was about 3" across. The sausage was about the size of the container they brought the syrup in (tiny little pitcher) or to put it another way it was about the size of 1/4 cup. I was given 2 strips of bacon...normal size. I cannot remember the exact price of the entree, but it was around $12 and certainly not worth the price. I'm just glad it was the FREE meal!!!Special Features:
- ExellentpattyDined on 7/6/2014Celebrated a Birthday. The French toast needed more caramel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great jambalayaLuv2dineDined on 7/4/2014Twisted Fork has the best Jambalaya in town! We go there for special occasions or to take friends or family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun menuncfoodieDined on 6/30/2014The food was great, all a fun twist on southern classics. I had the Smokehouse burger - I wish they would make a smokehouse pulled pork sandwich because that would be perfect, but... all the food was very good. The manager stopped by early on to see if all was well which it was...after that it went downhill. Our server wasn't very good but I wouldn't hold it against the restaurant.Special Features:
- Low GradeYummy2MyTummyDined on 6/27/2014While the ambiance was nice & our waitress was great, I witnessed too many unsanitary practices by the cook & waitstaff. I would probably return if the sanitation grade increases from a 91. (I wish I'd seen that prior to dining.)
- Really enjoyedShellDined on 6/26/2014We arrived before 6:00 so our kids meals were free, at $6 each that was a big savings! They also give the kids wikistix which are a lot of fun. $3 for any pint of excellent beer is also a great deal. I got the shrimp and grits which were phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 611 reviews are from the The Twisted Fork reviews archive.
- Not what it used to be...betterdays2014Dined on 6/15/2014It had become a custom for our family to enjoy brunch will available. However, this Father's Day 2014 brunch definitely lacked the usual pizzazz. While decent, buffet was definitely NOT as good as it's been in the past. Coupled with longer lines, it diminished the overall enjoyment.Special Features:
- Father's Day BrunchUal312Dined on 6/15/2014Overall it was a good place to have Father's Day Brunch. We had a group of 6 including 2 toddlers and we all enjoyed the wide variety of food. The brisket was exceptionally good and so were the desserts which included a marshmallow roast!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Out of StockuncmandarinVIPDined on 6/8/2014Every time we've visited Twisted Fork after they've stopped offering their brunch buffet has been a disappointment. They are always out of a main item on their menu, their salad bar has frozen or wilted items on it, and more recently, they stopped participating in Triangle Restaurant week and claimed they were out of stock of most of the Restaurant Week menu items. Most of the Restaurant Week items were on their main menu, and when we asked about them there, they were somehow, magically, not out-of-stock. I will not be visiting them again.
- The Twisted ForkGoodGrubDined on 6/6/2014We enjoying frequenting The Twisted Fork. The food is always great food and service is terrific. On those nice days / evenings, the outside dining area is really nice! The menu tends to change a good bit, but we've always been able to find a delicious meal.Special Features:
- I love The Twisted ForkEatWellDined on 6/5/2014Great food, and great service. The menu gets updated frequently, but they keep the favorites!Special Features:
- GoodSatisfiedDined on 5/16/2014Great food; great outdoor seating for people watching; beer and wine list is good. Definitely a great place to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MOST DISAPPOINTING RESTAURANTdenapVIPDined on 5/11/2014Our waiter, Nate, was exceptional until food was served. He then became invisible! The BBQ was cold, the green beans were cold and not cooked, the brisket steak sandwich my spouse ordered was half a slice of FAT and the bun was so stale he couldn't even cut it! Not once did Nate come back to refill water or ask if we needed anything or how everything was. We didn't see him again until he removed our plates! Being Mother's Day the restaurant at 5:30 was empty so there's no excuse for NO SERVICE, BELOW STANDARD FOOD, LESS THAN CLEAN RESTAURANT. One revisit was enough! Open Table shouldn't represent them.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014The food was absolutely amazing and well worth the price (which in my opinion was not too expensive). My only complaint would be the set up for the brunch. I think they should rearrange it in a way that would allow people to move more quickly through the line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Unfortunately, our first visit to the Twisted Fork did not meet our expectations. When we arrived to the restaurant we were seated upstairs. My wife has a bad ankle and the hostess was unwilling to accommodate a move to the first floor regardless of the multiple open tables. The buffet was placed against a wall and the adjoining ramp was used for the buffet waiting line. This caused much congestion with both guests and employees. The buffet tables should have been pulled away from the wall allowing guests to walk on both sides. This would have reduced the congestion on the ramp. Food was OK and the desert selections were limited and scarce.
- BrunchDFMesseeDined on 5/11/2014Great selection for Mother's Day lunch buffet. All the meats were excellent - turkey carving station, bacon, fried chicken, BBQ, spare ribs. The pasta salad was actually my favorite thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to ChillUcandanz01Dined on 5/10/2014Overall a good place to grab a bite to eat and enjoy drinks with friends. I had a sandwich, someone got the fish and another got a salad and we were all satisfied with our choices. The waitress is a gem - making sure we all had what we needed and checked on us adequately without being a bother.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvmyeggsVIPDined on 5/4/2014Great birthday brunch! The manager Jordan made sure my birthday with family was great and food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great southern cuisineIotakbcDined on 5/3/2014Glad they changed the menu, the desserts are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Outside SeatingOut2CelebrateDined on 5/3/2014The Twisted Fork is a place to eat outside and enjoy the day. We have visited The Twisted Fork several times and have had a pleasant experience each time. It will continue to be our "go to" spot in the Triangle Town Center area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Prom Nightjulianna238Dined on 5/3/2014Service was fast and the food was delicious and in a great price range for a nice evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good menu but lazy cooks/waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I ordered the tacos and one of my tacos was filled with fat and no meat... YUCK! I told the waitress and she said oh okay. My husband ordered the strip steak medium and it was cooked well. He said it was still good but she gave the same response.. Oh okay.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchLadyDWDined on 4/20/2014My husband and I were in town enjoying a quiet Easter weekend. We chose to make reservations for Sunday brunch at Twisted Fork. We arrived at our reserved time and still had to wait. This was not really an issue however. Our server Jason was very efficient and did a great job! The food however was sub-par at best. We ordered the pancakes and french toast which both came with a side of bacon and sausage. The presentation of food was not very appealing. The bacon had a good flavor; the sausage did not. The pancakes looked like a mess but tasted decent. The french toast was served with very little sauce and hardly any berries. While we were disappointed in our visit for brunch, we would welcome an opportunity to try again for lunch/dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A "B+" sort of mealgoodjulesDined on 4/20/2014The quality of the food was very good--the calamari was crunchy but not greasy--and the prime rib was very tender. Sweet potatos were rather bland and were a tad undercooked. Would have been very nice to have some hot bread served with the main course. The dessert was good but not spectacular--I had the strawberry cake and the cake portion was a bit dry. I was there Easter sunday so there was a large crowd and it was rather noisy but not in an unpleasant way. I'm not much into the industrial metal decorating scheme so that felt somewhat cold and flat to me. All in all a nice lunch with a very upbeat server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchTMM1Dined on 4/20/2014We dined at Twisted Fork for Easter 2013. They had an Easter buffet, we thought they were doing the same thing and were very disappointed to find out there was no buffet and they did not even offer traditional Easter options.
- Don't go hungry.1collegeguyDined on 4/20/2014Food for brunch tasted delicious, but portions were very small. Very good service.Special Features:
- Food was lackingLovetoEatDined on 4/12/2014I had been excited to taste various food from this restaurant because I had been to another Rocky Top Hospitality restaurant. The appetizer (Beer Chili and Cheese Dip) was EXCELLENT. One meal BBQ Pork/Brisket and was okay. The pork lacked flavor, the brisket was okay, but the presentation looked like everything had just been dumped on the plate. The other meal --sirloin -- was well cooked and very good. The (expected) coup de grace was to be the Tia Maria. Ours was dry, like old cookies had been stuck together and not soaked in the coffee liquor as should have been. The twisted margarita was also excellent.
- When at the MallOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014We've ment to try this place for awhile. Finally got around to it when we had some midday shopping to do. The food was pretty good. They have a good kids menu that is a good deal for the price. Lots of beer on tap etc... It will be an option when we are in the area now that we know more about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceHappyDinerDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I went with another couple for date night. The night started a bit frustrating as we had reservations and still had to wait 20 mins. Once we were seated we had a great time. Dinner was great, and our server was very well versed in the food options. Though this is not a romantic spot, it's still great for date night and I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gemdinner42Dined on 3/21/2014Just a weekend getaway at the Marriott, nothing special planned. What a great surprise when we lucked up and found a GEM-Twisted Fork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.