The Tuscan Tomato
13963 S Virginia St
Reno, NV 89511Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Tuscan Tomato
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tuscantomato.com/
- Phone: 7758530700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: M-Th 4:00pm-8:30pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: Su 4:00pm-8:00pm
- Payment Options: Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jacob Gordon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Tuscan Tomato
Our entire staff has a love for food, and a desire to serve the best. Our Chef designs the food because he has a passion for it. Our cooks make the food because they want to learn that passion. Our waiters, and waitresses serve the food because they believe in it. All of our pastas are house-made. What that means is that every morning we make the dough, and roll out each of the pastas ourselves, each ravioli, each angliotti, every cannoloni, down to the last gnocchi all made on site and filled with all natural ingredients. We also offer an exceptional menu that changes seasonally. The Tuscan Tomato shows a perfect cycle that revolves around food, family, tradtition, and a love for each of these things.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Tuscan Tomato reviews from OpenTable diners
- A great findmesashoppingDined on 1/18/2014Found it on yelp while visiting Reno. We were 20 min late due to us getting lost. Called and let them know and got a table right away. The appetizer came fast but the entree took forever. Deep fried calamari steak was excellent. Dressing for Caesar salad is spicy but a nice twist. Entree portions very good size. Would recommend this place if you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Surprise!Tina4105Dined on 12/29/2013Great find next to the theater in Summit Sierra - I know, a surprising place to find a really good restaurant! Super service, great food, good atmosphere. Everything we tried was delicious: calamari appetizer, chicken piccata, chicken marsala, lamb shank, scampi .... and the garlic bread is addicting! Ended the evening with homemade s'mores in a mason jar. Just a really good experience; we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They were very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013They were very accommodating for our big group of 10, among which 6 were young children. Food was great - the lamb, steak and scallops were cooked perfectly and delicious, while the simple pasta dishes were great for children. Service was good and price was very reasonable for the food served. Would certainly recommend to friends and would love to come again when we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatBirthdaygirlDined on 12/18/2013This place is awesome. Definitely a hidden treasure. More people need to go there, so they don't close up for business. Food is amazing. Homemade pasta and sauces were spot on! Please go and invite others! The staff and waitress were ver friendly and helpful as well. Very relaxed setting. We really enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findSeekingGoodRenoDiningDined on 11/25/2013Good food,good service. A surprising find for a mall restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timeMjamgbDined on 11/21/2013Took better half out for something different and the Tomato delivered. Food was delicious, two dinner and bottle of wine special was a nice surprise and the staff was friendly and engaging. Scallop dish was heavenly but the scallops on ragged edge of undercooked. I didn't let that stop me and I savored every bite. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth going back to!CharlieDined on 10/7/2013We eat frequently at Adele's in Carson City. I think the TuscanTomato compares favorably with respect to the quality, preparation and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise in South RenoRenofoodieDined on 10/5/2013This gem of a restaurant is hidden away in the Summit Mall. When you enter, the Mall scene is replaced with an upscale vibe and incredible food. Caesar salad is outstanding as is the veal and the scallops. And the bread! The bread is amazing. Can't believe we didn't find this place sooner . We will definitely be coming back . Great food, reasonably priced and outstanding service. Oh, I can't forget the wine list. I highly recommend the house chianti! Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AppetizersRonBDined on 9/28/2013Four of us had early dinner and really enjoyed ourselves. The appetizers really are terrific as are the entrees we ordered. The Flat Iron Steak was really tender and well prepared. We also enjoyed the Salmon entree....thick, juicy and perfectly cooked. Some Yelp customers complained about the service, but we had terrific service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly pleased!LovnlocalDined on 9/26/2013When we first arrived we were not sure about this place. It it located next door to the movie theatre and not a very appealing entrance. The interior is sort of warehouse like. That being said, we were greeted immediately and seated. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. From soup to dessert, our experience was excellent! We were told the restaurant is limited by the mall owners as to decorating the interior. I don't know if that's correct, but it would be nice to see it look more like a Italian restaurant. We will return to try some of the other tempting items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When visiting Reno, get awayepicureanVIPDined on 9/7/2013When visiting Reno, get away from the casinos and treat yourself to a truely wonderful dining experience. Do not let the exterior facad of this restaurant dissuade you (it looks closed and un-inviting). The food is fantastic, fresh, homemade pastas, delicate sauces, tender flavorful meats, a variety of menu selections expertly prepared and al dente. The preparation had an Italian foundation, but infused with middle eastern flare. Great wine selection and definitely leave room for the desert that comes in a canning jar, you will not regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best garlic bread ever! It'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/29/2013Best garlic bread ever! It's worth going just for that.Special Features:
- Excellent food from fresh productsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2013Booked this online after seeing them at the Farmers' Market. Didn't know where it was and delighted to discover they are in the Summit Mall near the cinema and within a mile of our home. The food was truly excellent and it tasted freshly prepared. I had the mussels for a starter and, with a little bread to wipe up the sauce it was enough for a hearty main course. I followed with the clam linguine and had to quit after eating the clams, leaving most of the pasta but because I was 'stuffed' Great value, great food but be careful not to overorder (or, even better, go hungry!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyLisaDined on 8/27/2013The food was amazing! The server was by himself but still took care of you and made sure your needs were met!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food, friendly service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/17/2013great food, seasonal menu, and really friendly service. I'm vegetarian, and they have good options for me - appetizers and salads + pasta dishes. The tapenade trio is wonderful. All my carnivore friends and family love the food - they have an appetizer (mussels in a mustard vermouth broth) that is apparently the best thing on earth :) The meat entrees are beautifully presented with creative sides (pork tenderloin, lamb dishes, linguini with clams). The service can be a bit slow when they are half-full to full, but only when compared to assembly-line chain restaurants. The atmosphere is quiet and grown-up, but also cheerful, and they seem welcoming to families and children as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place to enjoy dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2013My wife and I love this restaurant. The food and service are outstanding. They don't charge corkage to bring wine in from L'uva Bella. Outstanding! Go here for dinner then walk to movie. Perfect date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely neighborhood spot.DinerVIPDined on 7/15/2013Lovely neighborhood spot. The wine list although short has lots of variety and at very good prices. Our salads were outstanding. I'd recommend the roasted beet salad - a nice presentation and a generous portion. Our main course selections especially the meats were very nicely cooked. The accompaniments were a bit contrived and took away from the well prepared entree. I have been here several times and have always ordered from the pasta selections and will probably go back to doing that on my next visit. Our server was excellent. Professional and friendly. She checked on us to make sure that water glasses were filled, offering more of the excellent garlic bread and showing attention to details..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2013We had 3 for dinner, and each ordered something different. Each of our entrees was fantastic! The food was prepared as requested, and substitutions were not a problem. Our waiter was fun and professional helping us make decisions. Service was fast. We wish we had gone sooner, so we are planning on making up for lost time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealTahoeSteveDined on 7/10/2013Although the Dining Room is "bland", the food was terrific. Every dish was excellent - great pasta & sauces, bread to die for and a very fairly priced wine list. We will be back (again) !Special Features:
- Outstanding PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/9/2013Jacob has created a great place to satisfy your food cravings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonably goodProBowlerDined on 7/8/2013The title says it all about Tomato. This was our 4th & final time there. We returned 3 times to be sure we were giving it a fair opportunity and it didn't improve. It's a better than average (food) restaurant but not up to the cost. We've found better value at other locales - sometimes for less cost. An example: I had the Veal Marsala. Unless well prepared, veal isn't a particularly tender meat. Mine was neither tough nor tender but it was drowning in sauce. So much so that no other flavors from the meal came through. If I'm going to a higher end restaurant I would hope to find a more delicate approach to the servings. In my not so humble opinion, if you are looking for a great meal and you think Tomato fits the bill, you ain't a foodie.Special Features:
- You Can't Go WrongRandyDined on 7/5/2013Excellent food , Excellent Service , I had a great meal . The Mussel appetizer was superb . The in house garlic bread was over the top . Clam linguini , scallops all EXCELLENT . Great Experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service. (EscpeciallymichelineDined on 6/21/2013Great service. (Escpecially accomodating with the kids.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeGibbyDined on 6/8/2013If you DON'T go you are missing out on superb food and service. Chef Jacob makes the best Bolonese sauce in the world and if I spelt it wrong I'm sorrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/7/2013We were a party of 8 and had fun and good food and wine.Special Features:
- Great quality and reasonable pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2013Great quality, fresh line caught fish, locally owned. Not a chain! They care to make the food and service wonderful. Acoustics are not great. Acoustics not the best. We love it! It is our local favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soPurpleDined on 5/28/2013I've been bragging on this restaurant to my friends, so we went the other night. Service, food, was so so.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who Knew???2momsDined on 5/12/2013This restaurant has been open for a bit over a year and I just found it because it's at the south end of town. However, since we were shopping, we decided to eat there. Homemade pastas and great sauces all freshly made. Really creative sandwiches for lunch too. Their dinner menu is lovely. Nice and accommodating staff. Also have a very nice wine list. It is a bit small, so make reservations for dinner to be safe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not let the outside fool youOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013Our first outing to Tuscan Tomato will not be our last. We had a little trouble finding the location as it has a sign over the front that is not very visible. The outside looks like it maybe a fast food location. However, once you enter it looks significantly better. Our service was excellent and attentive with attention to water glasses being kept full and updates on food status. The four of us started with shared salads. One was a beet salad and the other was a grilled pear salad. Both were very good. We order various main dishes including Pork 2x, Scallops, Shrimp and Garlic Ravioli and Gorgonzola Spinach Angliotties. All were excellent and every dish presented artistically. For desert we had the pear special that was presented as good aSpecial Features:
- This is truly a hidden hot spot!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013In a word, FANTASTIC! The food is absolutely wonderful. As far as the lunch menu; I highly recommend the meatball sandwich or the Kobe beef burger. You cannot find a better burger for the price here in Reno. It is cooked to order with wonderful caramelized onions, roasted tomatoes and cheese. Comes with a generous serving of sweet potato fries dusted in brown sugar. (Ask for the spicy tarter sauce to dip the fries in) The dinner menu takes things to a whole different level. Very affordable, generous portions, and just amazing quality. Nothing comes from a can or a microwave in this kitchen. The sauces, sausage, pasta, bread, everything is made in house and is incredibly fresh. Best mussels I have ever had! Wish I had more room here..lolSpecial Features: