The Turtle Club - Naples
9225 Gulfshore Drive North
Naples, FL 34108Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Turtle Club - Naples
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theturtleclubrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (239) 592-6557
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday through Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday through Sunday: 5.00pm to 9.00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jay Schrednitz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wine
A word from The Turtle Club - Naples
The Turtle Club Restaurant is Naples’ most charming & intimate beachfront restaurant, where guests experience gracious hospitality & great coastal cuisine in an upscale casual atmosphere. The setting is spectacular – the restaurant is located on the grounds of the Vanderbilt Beach Resort directly on the beach. Guests dine close to the beautiful Gulf of Mexico & enjoy the sights and sounds of the sea, including beautiful sunsets. The cuisine is equally fantastic – serving only the freshest seafood & steaks with a core menu that includes something from everyone. Weekly specials combine the best of old & new world culinary styles with touches of Mediterranean, Caribbean, Asian & Southern American cuisine. The Turtle Club was voted the best Waterfront Dining Restaurant in Naples 2011. Online reservations are available for dinner only. Reservations are not needed for lunch. We will do our best to honor online requests for outdoor seating but cannot guarantee seating at outdoor tables.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Turtle Club - Naples - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
The Turtle Club - Naples reviews from OpenTable diners
247 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (215)scenic view (208)special occasion (160)romantic (157)fit for foodies (92)neighborhood gem (76)great for lunch (49)good for groups (44)notable wine list (44)hot spot (41)kid-friendly (14)great for brunch (13)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- One of the Best in NaplesOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/23/2014This is one of favorite restaurants in Naples, lunch or dinner. This time, we went for dinner sitting outdoors on the sand. Food is fantastic and service is great. I don't know anyone who doesn't love this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointing eveningCateDined on 11/22/2014We live in Naples year round and the Turtle Club has been of our favorite restaurants for special occasions. The service was good, the view great, the problem was the food. I am vegetarian and asked for the chef to make a vegetarian dish. I received pineapple, on overcooked bland spinach, carrots and asparagus. Gross. My husband ordered surf and turf, the lobster was like rubber, his steak overcooked, smothered in hollenday sauce that was broken and sour. Sad.Special Features:
- A hidden gemHargoDined on 11/21/2014Although we visited on a cloudy evening and couldn't watch the sunset, the experience of eating dinner while enjoying the ocean view was memorable. The filet and seafood were outstanding, and our server was attentive--not intrusive. I'd recommend the Turtle Club to anyone who visits Naples and wants to have a special, quiet and delicious dinner in a picturesque setting. We'll definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 'The Place' to celebrate special occasions.janiceDined on 11/20/2014The upscale Turtle Club is indeed a gem not often fround ....the outdoor seating next to the Gulf is an amazing experience which sets the mood for toasting wine and enjoying oysters on the half shell while awaiting an awesome filet or fresh fish entree. The server with a great personality was exceptional. TThis is 'the place' to take visitors from the North!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always om point!pelicanDined on 11/17/2014The Turlte Club is consistenttly consistent! We treated our dear friends to a delicious dinner at Turtle Club. The meal was so very tasty and each course stood out as outstanding! We live in Pelican Bay and it is such a treat to have fine dining right in our neighborhood!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no turtle on menuRonaldoDined on 11/17/2014gorgeous spot on beach,good food, great service..............................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EllenDined on 11/17/2014Beautiful to eat at sunset time. It overlooks the Gulf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this Naples area and restaurantBarbieDined on 11/14/2014Great food, atmosphere and evening spot. They also have great lunches,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite beach resturant in North NapleslovefoodandwineDined on 11/14/2014Every time we visit Naples, the Turtle Club is a must stop for us. The service is excellent and the food is outstanding. To top it off, one of the best views for a sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Naples gemlANCEDined on 11/14/2014Truly a great spot for lunch or dinner. Awesome wait staff, breathtaking view, and food to die for. This is a very special place to dine. Don't miss it if you are traveling to NaplesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014It doesn't get much better. Great food, great service, great view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunsetDakotaDined on 11/13/2014Come evening it's all about the sunset on the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!!GreatTasteDined on 11/11/2014I have dined at the Turtle Club more times than I can count over the past 14 or so years. The food and service have always been outstanding. I have had many things on the menu, all very flavorful and well prepared, but my personal favorite is the Pear and Gorgonzola Salad with the Sea Bass. Combine that with a great sunset, and you have a very special experience! I have dined in many restaurants in the U.S. and Europe and The Turtle Club is easily in my top three.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset view but great food toonewcoopfoodieVIPDined on 11/11/2014We were told we had to go here and watch the sunset, so a 5pm reservation we made. No dissappointments here re: food or view. appetizers, soup, entrees and dessert were all delicious. And the service was excellent to boot! When we are next in Naples, we would certainly go back and recommend to all!Special Features:
- Still great!KarenUKDined on 11/8/2014We've had both lunch and dinner here in the last few weeks and it is still wonderful. Even though the weather wasn't so good and there was no sunset on the day we did dinner the experience was still great. We were protected from the wind by clear plastic awnings so we weren't at all cold. Most of our party had the 10oz lobster 'special' which we all agreed was delicious. We will certainly be back!Special Features:
- Foodie61Dined on 11/7/2014TUTRLE CLUB IS JUST A GREAT RESTAURANT. GREAT FOOD, SERVICE. EATING WITH THE GULF AS YOUR BACKDROP IS A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014enjoyable, good service, pretty view outside seating. Would recommendSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Wonderful dinner on the beach with Sunset fantastic service and food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/6/2014Once again we were more than satisfied with the "Turtle Club!"Special Features:
- Just WonderfulLadydakDined on 11/6/2014We had the perfect seat outside for Sunset which was spectacular! The service is wonderful as the food. I do not think you could go wrong. Make your reservations way ahead. Prime time seats are hard to come by !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset DiningDeanneDined on 11/6/2014a perfect sunset dinner. our server, Doug, was efficient, helpful, well informed, unhurried. Our food was wonderful. the Chilean sea bass was delicate, perfectly prepared. I always eat at the Turle Club when visiting Naples. We also had lunch and beach drink service as we stayed at the Vanderbilt Beach Resort. the bartender is friendly, fast, and does not scrimp on the alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- highstandardsDined on 11/5/2014first visit-ate indoors for dinner-very high noise level-very close tables-does not warrant the pricing-many much better restaurants in the area such as MIRA MARE-we eat out a lot and former restaurant ownerSpecial Features:
- Excellent food. Rushed service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/2/2014The food and setting were fabulous. It was a little cool the evening we went so we didn't sit outside on the beach but I could see how much fun it could be. The only issue we had was that the pace of service was too fast; so fast in fact that we didn't have enough time to enjoy our wine and had to take it home. I don't want to want to go to such a nice place and feel like I'm being served in a diner.Special Features:
- Could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014We have been to this restaurant several times and always enjoyed it. However, this time could have been better. Typically, it is difficult to obtain an outdoor seating. When I made the reservation on open table I DID NOT request an outdoor seating because the temperature that evening was predicted to be very cool plus very windy. I would never, in a million years, have expected that ANYONE would have been seated outdoors that night...but we were, with cold and windy weather conditions all around us! I think they overbooked that night. Our party of 4 was stunned. We told the hostess that we did not request to be on the beach or outside, to which her response was to move us to the patio! Lesson learned.....always phone ahead!Special Features:
- Occasional dinersJerseyTravellerDined on 10/31/2014A Naples classic for us! We always come with friends and everyone enjoys the food and ambience ! The wait staff is very knowledgable about the menu and the wine. A pleasure to dine here .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place/Sunset view!DeefromNJDined on 10/30/2014Make sure you make a reservation outside 30 minutes before the sunset and you won't be disappointed. The food was very good but I think the seafood is the best on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feet in the sand diningsherryshinerDined on 10/29/2014Very enjoyable dinner looking out at the Gulf of Mexico. Even after the sun set, it was beautiful. Tables with umbrellas and fun and interesting lights wrapped around the center pole that could be changed from white light to read the menu, to orange for a muted glow. Great service (we were even seated before our reservation) and delicious Chilean Bass dinner, cooked perfectly. The peach gelato for dessert was a big enough portion for two to share. We were there for our 10th anniversary the end of October and the weather couldn't have been better. The temperature was ideal, no wind, no bugs; couldn't have asked for more. We were able to walk down the beach back to our hotel. A friend recommended the Turtle Club and we're so glad we went.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sunset dinningJimmieDined on 10/28/2014Have been coming to the Turtle Club for 20+ years, never fails to disappoint regardless of what you order. Only comment for improvement is that they expand the lunch menu to include some of the dinner appetizers....no calamari at lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect settingDeeGeeDined on 10/28/2014It's the one place we always go to eat on every visit to NaplesSpecial Features:
- Dining experienceTurtleDoveDined on 10/27/2014The seafood chowder was remarkable, perhaps the best I've ever experienced. The filet was prepared to perfection and served exactly how I requested it. There is no question about every aspect of this dining experience having been 5 star in every aspect.Special Features:
- The best on the beachLoanBossDined on 10/26/2014The Turtle Club never disappoints. The view of the gulf and sunset when beachside for dinner is spectacular. The food is outstanding. My wife had the beet salad and grilled salmon which were perfectly prepared. I had the seafood chowder, Turtle club specialty and crab stuffed flounder which was excellent. One of our favorite places for either lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Awesome MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The Oysters were fresh and tasty, The salads were terrific and the fresh fish specials were prepared just right. A very lively crowd handled very well by all staff made it a great experience.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurant in SW FloridaPhilVIPDined on 10/25/2014We went to the Turtle Club for my wife's 60th birthday celebration. The food and wine was great as usual along with a beautiful sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feet in the SandAnnieDined on 10/24/2014There are not too many places left where you can literally eat with your feet in the sand. Here at the Turtle Club the outdoor tables are on the beach and while some are on a small patio others are actually in the sand of the beach. Sunset is the best time to have a reservation but book in advance as these tables are hard to get. The food and service are good but too hectic to be "romantic." Casual up-scale crowd and all around a good Naples spot.Special Features:
- Dinner on 10/24OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Had a special birthday dinner for my Dad (85), it was an amazing place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbdakotadineDined on 10/23/2014In at town noted for outstanding restaurants, the Turtle Club shines!! Stellar food and service.Special Features:
- Wonderful, OutstandingLoverofthisplaceDined on 10/21/2014Can't say enough about the Turtle Club. I recommend this establishment for all who appreciate a wonderful setting. What better place to have a delicious meal on the beach with the gulf view! We ate lunch and dinner here. Loved salmon salad with fruit for lunch and filet with seafood for dinner. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful location right on beachjhenryDined on 10/20/2014The sea bass and new york strip were both delicious. We sat on tables out on the beach right in the sand. Beautiful sunset right in front of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/20/2014amazing as usual! when ever possible, the patio is the place to be...if you can get a reservation during the sunset, it is the perfect evening. food is always good...and service is always happy & helpful. we have been a regular when ever we are in Naples, and to date, have never been disappointed (other than if we can't get a table) :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always go backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014The turtle club is a place you must make reservations for. Every time I go to Naples I try to get into the turtle club. The food is just fantastic and the fact that they are located right on the ocean is a big bonus! You simply cannot miss the sunset there! What are your favorite bottle of wine and their signature Oysters Turtlefeller.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.