The Turf Room
1033 Kilbery Street
North Aurora, IL 60542Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Turf Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theturfroomrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6309069300
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Shawn Hartwig
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Turf Room
The Turf Room offers an American Eclectic menu that changes with each season. Whether in one of our three dining rooms, lounge, wine bar, or track room, you are assured of a great experience. So relax and enjoy the upbeat atmosphere, friendly service, and most of all the unique Gastronomy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
The Turf Room - Best Restaurants in Aurora ›
The Turf Room reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (89)special occasion (85)great for outdoor dining (82)romantic (65)notable wine list (61)good for groups (60)neighborhood gem (53)vibrant bar scene (37)great for lunch (31)hot spot (25)great for brunch (18)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Our new favorite restaurant in the Western Suburbs! The food, service and drinks were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indulgent Sunday BrunchTravelingHomeCookVIPDined on 8/31/2014Highly recommend the brunch. The options in the hot bar and cold bar were adequate. The omelet station was standard, but very good. The prime rib is prepared perfectly. Options for kids are slightly inadequate. The waffle station is about the same as any hot breakfast waffle in a cheap hotel, but everything else was excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014This is our favorite restaurant in the Fox Valley. We go here as often as we can. The food is wonderful! Wine list is great and the special drinks are fun to try. The Hummus trio is our favorite appetizer, but if you get that, you won't be able to eat much food! The fireplaces, both in and outside, are great. What a fun place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always differentOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 8/30/2014A go to place. Many creative and inventive choices. Would like to see more reasonable wine choices but what is available is tasty. My wife had tacos and added an extra and I had duck stroganoff which was a winner. Plenty for kids options also. Great location for us. Thanks Jocelyn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- frequent dinersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We come here often and are never disappointed. The food is excellent and there is something new to try all the time. The staff are friendly from the front door to the wait staff. Try to Jambalaya it is fantastic with a little kick!Special Features:
- Good Restaurant!SueILDined on 8/29/2014We took our neighbors out to dinner, we had the bruschetta and scallops for appetizers. Both were good, I like their calamari the best! Three had pasta dishes, side salads, all happy with their meal. I had the lobster bisque, which I love, and a steak (iron) for $25, I was happy with the meat, took half home and warmed it up for the next day, still good! Their drinks are excellent, wine list is excellent. We did not get deserts, but I'm sure they are very good too! Very happy to have this restaurant near our home, Chicago and Naperville quality without having to go the distance!Special Features:
- Varied MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014The Turf Room offers bar food with a twist. There were several selections that were interesting and I would return to try them. It is a noisy place, however. I would not go there with a group as it would be hard to converse. The service was slow, we definitely got the impression that our order had not been placed as tables seated around, and after us, received their food before we did. We were offered no explanation or apology.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatrichELLENVIPDined on 8/23/2014First class restaurant with great food. Never disappointed, we dine here on a regular basis and love it each time we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is Delicious!peachpieDined on 8/19/2014Been to Turf Room twice now for lunch - once on a weekend, once on a weekday. I've dined outside and inside. Cobb salad was best I've had and the Don Quijote cocktail was amazing! Crab cakes also delicious. Great service, friendly, clean place, good ambiance. We'll be back again...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soooo TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014Had a birthday lunch for my mother with my son & his fiance, who frequently drink & dine at The Turf Room. This was my 2nd experience here and both times, the food was outstanding. Service was very accomodating, too. Recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOut4FunDined on 8/16/2014From the moment we arrived the staff greeted us with smiles and friendliness. We had a reservation and arrived slightly early. We were promptly seated at a quiet table they had set up with a candle. The server greeted us with a champaign toast, as I mentioned at the time of booking it was our anniversary. Totally unexpected!! Our waiter was very knowledgable and helpful with selections. Everybody who came pass our table acknowledged our anniversary. The food was cooked exactly as we ordered it. At the end of the meal we were also surprised with a complimentary dessert, chocolate torte, yummy. They never rushed us and it was a very relaxing romantic dinner. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still GoodReggieVIPDined on 8/16/2014I regulary go to Turf Room and I've never been disappointed. The staff's friendly and knowledgable. The food is excellent. Parking is ususally easy to find and there are lots of options from the bar. Definitely a gem......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu change and slow serverbrew1Dined on 8/15/2014I was disappointed that a favorite dish of mine was removed from the menu and had a hard time finding something to select besides an appetizer. There are too many menus as well (sandwich, wind, dinner ,etc) had to ask for each of them. Server was slow and was never offered a second glass of wineSpecial Features:
- Miss the previous chefDiner88Dined on 8/10/2014The Turf Room has been a favorite of ours for years, especially as a date night restaurant. The service and ambiance are still fantastic, but we miss the former chef. My two favorite salads (steak and sea bass) are no longer on the menu. The new chef has added ingredients we don't like to other dishes, and has a "no substitutions" rule. Roasted grapes were fine in the stroganoff, but none of us liked the roasted strawberries in the gnocci, and I don't like mustard which is now in the salmon dish and others. We've stopped coming here as often because there's very little we like on the new menu.Special Features:
- Delectable Dining!LoreeRDined on 8/9/2014The Turf Room is a must visit! The food is so different and outstanding -compliments to the chefs! The martinis are fabulous! The atmosphere is amazing! Our server Dave was outstanding! Loved every minute!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for another great evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014This was our third visit to The Turf Room, and it has never failed to deliver excellent food and wine, and outstanding service. This time we sat outside on the patio, and it had somewhat of a Napa-Valley feel – just needed the surrounding vineyards. One of the unusual things about this place is that ALL of the serving staff has been knowledgeable about both food and wine. We have been particularly impressed by servers Amy and Adam. We absolutely would recommend The Turf Room to friends and family. Thank you for another enjoyable dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great environment/ mediocre foodMandiBeeDined on 8/2/2014I tried the duck stroganoff. The pro- the duck was tender and good. The con- the creamy confit sauce was surely lacking flavor and the plate didn't have as much sauce as I thought a stroganoff should have. My fiance had the chops and sweet potatoes. Chops were juicy and tender yet lacking that wonderful flavor that you desire from a well-seasoned chop. The dessert- chocolate torte- was good. Nothing to write home about. The triple chocolate meltdown at Applebee's is a much better choice for flavor and your wallet. In my opinion, I think the chefs try too hard and fail leaving you with a $100+ bill. The ambience is great. The atmosphere definitely made up for what we missed on the table.Special Features:
- Theron is the best!MikeDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I returned to the Turf Room because of the excellent service that Theron provided and this time was no exception! Food was great and Theron made some great wine recommendations!Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014The Turf Room is a family favorite for all occasions! We have gone to the Saddle Room, too, loved it.....but our loyalty is to our first love!Special Features:
- Good food and serviceSwissDined on 7/29/2014Overall very good experience; good food, good wine, good service. A couple things to note though were there. Having to turn on the light on your phone to be able to read the menu is a bit disturbing. It does not have to be bright, but I think it is a too dark in there. There were some confusions on the appetizers. First one salad came out, then it got taken back to wait for the other appetizers. Then the other appetizers came out, but the salad did not. That there is not kids menu is also a bit a struggle. Should not have to order a full size pizza for a 5 year old in the price category the Turf Room is.Special Features:
- Nice BrunchDottycatDined on 7/27/2014I went to brunch on Sunday at 11:30am with my son for my birthday. The weather was nice and we were offered inside or outside seating. We chose to eat inside. Since it is summer their brunch crowd is not very busy. There was no need for a reservation. The buffet had a nice pasta, ham tetrazzini with pastry puffs, the usual ham, bacon, sausage. Scrambled eggs- mashed potatoes and a few hot sides. 4 really unique cold salads- a variety of fruits- pastries- waffles with topping and a very good prime rib with horseradish sauce. And their yummy crusty salty bread with butter. Not a ton of variety but what is offered is excellent food and interesting taste profiles. Great place to go instead of the chaos of larger buffets. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Amazing qualityFitMomArmyDined on 7/24/2014Everything from my fresh squeezed margarita to the kale salad I thoroughly enjoyed my experience. These days it's challenging trying to find a place that's worth spending the money. This was spot on!! Service was a but slow but we weren't in a hurry so it was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatalbrieVIPDined on 7/23/2014I love the turf room. The food is outstanding and the service is always great. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New chef...Foodie721Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and I have gone to The Turf Room quite a bit in the past for birthdays and our anniversary. Unfortunately, this last visit was very disappointing compared to the other times we were there. The ambience and cocktail menu were great. The food on the other hand was not good. We ordered the lobster bisque soup, like we always do, expecting it to be amazing as always and it just wasn't. We mentioned something to the waiter and he mentioned there is a new chef. :( We also ordered the filet and even though we ordered them medium rare they were hard to chew and the demi glaze was not good. I never write reviews but I felt I really needed too after this most recent experience. Would love to know where the previous chef went!!Special Features:
- Noisy, and so-so foodbeersnobDined on 7/12/2014We were at a table that was close to corner, separated by curtains from other tables. Table in corner was extremely loud - lots of drinking. Couldn't hear waiter when he first came to table. I complained, but he said they would be leaving in a few minutes. Extreme loudness continued throughout our meal and that party finally left as we were paying the bill. Waiter did not want to talk to them. Our appetizer and pasta dishes were average at best. They had fairly extensive drink menu, but without prices. Had a little surprise when we got the bill - $15 for each beer. I should have asked before ordering. I usually pay around $10 for this beer at other restaurants. Adds up fatSpecial Features:
- DisappointedNickVIPDined on 7/12/2014We have frequented this restaurant many times and always enjoyed our food. This weekend we took family from out of town and were quite disappointed. The air conditioner vents from above leaked on us the whole time and when we asked to move they said that all the tables were having the same issue. Real great to see dirty water leak on your plates and yourself. Then my husband ordered the bubba chop after the waiter made it sound so delicious, it was ordered medium and it came so well done and tough my husband didn't even eat much of it. The only thing that was good was dessert, French toast was yummy. All in all though I don't think we will make the drive again.
- SandiSandiB567Dined on 7/12/2014Pros: Food, service & ambience were awesome! Had short ribs which were tremendous! Cons: Very loud patrons tho which put a damper on our evening. Need to dampen acoustic sound somehow.Special Features:
- We keep going back!EaterzDined on 7/11/2014This is my husband's favorite restaurant, so we go back again and again. The service is perfect every time, the bar is fun, the dining room is intimate, and the patio is just perfect. This time, we had our two year old with us; my husband was nervous they wouldn't be built for kids, but they have a great kids menu with special trays just for the meals. Warning- they put a big cookie right on there, so if that is going to make dinner difficult for you, maybe ask them to hold off. The wine list is extensive and great, and the signature drinks have not disappointed, either! The one and only thing I would change here would be the dessert menu. Doesn't measure up to the dining menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- iffy serviceclarkbarDined on 7/8/2014Sat outside with two other couples. Service was OK till food came. Couple # 1 was served food about 3 to five minutes before other food was served. Sat there looking at food getting cool while waiting for others to get their sandwiches. One hamburger ordered med rare came out bloody. A bit expensive..a Reubens and ice tea was just under 16. Doubt I will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalDwpLjpVIPDined on 7/7/2014Amazing service, friendly and informative, and deelish unique dishes with awesome cocktails. My wife, son and I had a great time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Turf Room ReviewJohnnyDined on 7/5/2014By far the best restaurant out in the far west suburbs. Everything we've tried since opening has been a culinary delight. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Hats off to the Turf Room!Special Features:
- Great, As AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014The Turf Room never disappoints, consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delectable Dining ExperienceLoreeRDined on 7/4/2014We come here with friends when we want something different and out of the ordinary to eat! The food is just to die for! And the martinis are so unique & delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishLovefoodeverywhereDined on 6/30/2014Really loved the beef carpaccio! Meatloaf flight was good! Great environment. Disappointed the Happy Hour was only in the bar area!Special Features:
- Great findlocalfoodieDined on 6/28/2014If you haven't been to the Turf Room, you are missing a great foodie experience! The menu is vast with a variety of dishes you will not find at other local restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantVladPoeDined on 6/27/2014The friend of us has recommended this pace. We choose it primarily because of location - ~5mins from our house. The service was very fast and just in the right time, no annoyance. The food was very good and the portion size was just right. It would be good to have noise level somewhat lower, but, oh well, the place was crowded... We like this western style, definitely will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was just okChuckVIPDined on 6/27/2014My wife an I arrived during happy hour, the happy hour wine was different but good. We decided to try a couple appetizers, they just didn't cut it. The margarita flatebread was burned and very oily, the parma ham had more than enough proscutto but only 3 tiny figs the size of peanuts and a very small scoop of goat cheese not a good balance of product. We thought before dinner we should try something else thinking if it turns out to be a 3rd strike we are out of here. Unfortunately it was we ordered the Ahi Tuna Tacos, 3 very tiny little shells apeared with a few shavings of ahi in each, bearly a bite size each. We left at that...I will note our server, Kristie or kristal in the bar was very attentive, fun saved the experiance.
- WOW!!!SKHKVIPDined on 6/27/2014Can't say enough good things about our meal here on Friday night. Service was outstanding. They go the extra mile to make sure you are satisfied. I had the Hawaiian walu fish. Excellent---just like our server said!!!! Try this place. You will be glad you did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RPRRoadsterDined on 6/23/2014Good location...excellent food variety.....fun place ....tasty....reasonable pricing..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delectably DifferentLunchDined on 6/23/2014The Turf room is always a hit for our group. For any occasion. Delicious food, taste, quality, choices and presentation have kept us coming back for more. Outstanding food. The knowledgeable waitstaff seem to go above and beyond for their patrons. Which makes the dinning experience even more pleasurable. Kudos to the management. One of the Best places around for delectable eats every time!! The appetizers and desserts shouldn't be overlooked here either. Absolutely Amazing. There is an Extensive drink menu, wine, beer, Best martinis around. One of the Best places around for delectable eats. The Turf Room is a definite winner every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.