The Troll Pub Under the Bridge
150 W. Washington Street
Louisville, KY 40202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Troll Pub Under the Bridge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.trollpub.com/
- Phone: 5026184829
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 2nd Street
- Public Transit: We are part of the Downtown Trolley stops, and the Friday night Trolley Hop.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: We offer $4.00 parking validation tickets for non-event days. Park in the 1st and Main garage and ask your server for a parking pass. Street parking after 6PM and on the weekends is free.
A word from The Troll Pub Under the Bridge
The Troll Pub opened on October 19th 2011, underneath the 2nd Street Bridge in a 135 year old space directly next to the YUM Center on historic Whiskey Row. The Troll Pub is a subterranean retreat that features a Gastro-pub style menu with a wide selection of great tasting food items, craft beer, local artwork, and an overall atmosphere unique to Louisville. We are just blocks from the Louisville Convention Center and only steps away from many of the hottest attractions and hotels situated downtown. Just look for the Troll on the corner of 2nd and Washington, he will show you the way.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Troll Pub Under the Bridge - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
The Troll Pub Under the Bridge reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (13)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (5)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (3)scenic view (2)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Troll Pub Never Disappoints!mnl430Dined on 9/10/2014Great lunch selection, accommodating for groups, excellent servers, and the food is always of great quality. I'll go back for the pretzels and beer cheese - so delicious!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Was disappointed in the pretzel burger this time. The first time I had it didn’t want it to be done it was so good this time couldn’t wait until I finished it. Not sure what was different this time but the taste was not there We will be back and give it another shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable place for quality foodehoeyVIPDined on 8/6/2014Had some out of town guests to entertain on a more casual scale. Troll Pub was perfect. Everyone enjoyed the variety, the food quality, and great service.Special Features:
- We can't wait to return!!!prada1692Dined on 8/2/2014We absolutely loved Troll Pub! We were seated in this quaint "secret room" that our girls LOVED--they referred to it as the Gringott's Vault :). The food was EXCELLENT...the chicken and waffles, pretzels and pub cheese, and the pineapple mojitos are strongly recommended! ...We will forever be comparing any chicken and waffles to Troll Pub's chicken and waffles! The waiter was extremely knowledgeable, super friendly, and so accommodating to our 3 girls. Glasses of ice water were waiting for us when we arrived! It was the attention to such a tiny detail that made us feel so welcome! Troll Pub was definitely a highlight of our Louisville weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming!HotRodDined on 7/24/2014What a neat find! It isn't in the most obvious spot, but still a very convenient location. The restaurant is in the bottom of an old building with exposed brick walls and a lot of charm! The food was really good and hot. We ate dinner around 6 and when we left at 8 it was starting to get very noisy and crowded. The service staff was nice, but not very attentive (so let's say our server must have been having an "off" night). I would definitely return and would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:
- service was horriblenotgoingback16Dined on 7/12/2014Food was very good at the Troll bar! The service was no good at all and we will never go back due to this! Our waitress disappeared for long periods of time! Not a great way to win customers over! Also, there was some sort of funky smell when you opened the door that was not pleasurable!Special Features:
- First time visit to Louisvillejohnny2toneDined on 7/11/2014Definitely fits the name with underground location and the exposed brick walls. I had the steak with onion rings. I've been disappointed in the past ordering "cheap" steaks at other similarly priced places, but this one was very good. I love the beer batter large onion rings as well. Best food we had in our first visit to Louisville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014This wasn't the best place that I have ever eaten and I had high expectations. The server was really nice, but it took a long time to get our food. We were seated next to a large table of drunk women and I don't know why because there many other available tables and the TVs were too loud so I couldn't even have a conversation across the table without yelling. The mixed drinks were horrible so we couldn't even finish them, but the food was tasty once we finally got it.Special Features:
- troll fanloukyDined on 6/21/2014food and service were both sensational, had a terrific eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good, sometimes greatkenniebVIPDined on 6/21/2014The good thing about the Troll Pub is that the food is always tasty. The service is great sometimes and just average other times. I made a reservation and when we arrived I was told it would be a few minutes because they weren't ready for my table. However, while waiting, 2 other parties (walk-in) were sat at tables. The restaurant was about half busy but service was still slow. The other person dining with me was their first time and he liked the restaurant a lot. I will still come back because I love the atmosphere and food but some servers need to be a little quicker and friendlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Concept, Good Food!BwooliesDined on 6/7/2014This restaurant is convenient to The YUM and has a cute concept. The service was good and fairly fast - they were busy on a Saturday night! The pub concept is cute and the atmosphere was lively. We had a hamburger and BBQ pizza, and thought it was typical "bar" fare, good for the price and as expected.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Decent bar food, but a bit overpriced. Great beer and drink selection. Nice place for drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Too Bad, Not Too GoodpickyeaterDined on 6/6/2014The food was rather pricey ($11 for a hamburger), and no one at our table of 5 was very impressed.
- UnimpressiveAuntieMameVIPDined on 6/6/2014Slow service because our waiter was spread way too thin. Med rare burger that arrived well done. And an inflexible bartender who refused to customize cocktails without a crazy up-charge... to switch to grey goose, the cocktail went from costing $8.75 to $13.75. Seriously? For a basil gimlet? In a basement burger joint? Get real. The who experience was marginal, impersonal and underwhelming. Why go to Troll when Sidebar is just upstairs?
- Nice getawayLvdwntwnDined on 5/30/2014Someone recommended it to me, I decided to go check it out. I'm glad I did. I used "OpenTable" to reserve a table, and the staff was ready for us when we walked in the door. Our table was set up, waitress was very attentive. They had a large selection of beer, and a variety of food to choose from. I love the location, after dinner we walked to the riverfront. I will be back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014we had a great time, our waitress was so personable -will definitely be back!Special Features:
- The following 52 reviews are from the The Troll Pub Under the Bridge reviews archive.
- Fantastic Experience!SuzanneDined on 4/30/2014I was looking for a new place for our Derby group (of 10) to continue our tradition of watch the Derby post position draw, and am I glad I chose The Troll Pub! The staff was fantastically accommodating. Since we were there to watch the draw, they tuned several TVs into the channel carrying the event and turned up the volume. Our server was awesome! He was friendly, flexible and his timing was impeccable, as we ordered drinks, appetizers and dinner in several stages throughout the evening. The food was above average bar food and well-priced for that type of food. We could not have been more pleased with our experience, and will definitely be returning each year for the forseeable future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tator Tots on 5/26DoNotGoDined on 4/26/2014Took over an hour to get our food & still never got the tots! Had to leave to make a show at Yum center. Asked for check when food finally arrived to make sure we could eat & pay in the 10 minutes we had left. Got the impression they were seriously behind in the kitchen. I'd still give it one more try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereKBruceDined on 4/26/2014We had a great time at the Troll Pub. It's the perfect place to meet up at before a show or concert at Yum. Our server Taylor was very cool and the overall experience was great. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!HaydenDined on 4/12/2014We had a really great time! They accommodated our request for where to sit. The service was friendly and fast. They really helped us have a great time and we will do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Troll under the BridgeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Enjoyed our dinner at The Troll Pub and it was very convenient to the Kentucky Center. The staff was very good and attentive. My husband and I enjoyed a Reuben and our friends got the chicken strips and a burger which they both enjoyed. Nice place for dinner &/or drinks.Special Features:
- Good overallJasbro24Dined on 4/5/2014Food was good. Beer selection was very good. Our server was slow and fairly inattentive. Seemed like we had to flag her down when we needed something. Overall the pub was clean and nice. Great atmosphere! Would recommend, minus the server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatkenniebVIPDined on 3/12/2014Troll Pub is always going to be a favorite among myself and my friends. It's convenient to us as a meeting spot and the food/drinks are always exactly as described and tasty. Keep up the great work!Special Features:
- Troll Birthday CelebrationFamilyFunDined on 3/12/2014This was our first time eating at the Troll Under the Bridge. We were comfortable and we loved the atmosphere of the restaurant side of this establishment, but the food was disappointing. Half price appetizers were very small in portions - and our entrees were not that good either. My husband ordered soup and salad - the soup was not hot and the salad was just mediocre. I got the veggie burger and it was VERY dry and had no flavor. The birthday girl got the beer cheese burger, and was disappointed in that as well. The fries were great though!! And the beer selection was good! Overall, it would be a fun place to go drink a beer to watch a ballgame, but we won't go back to eat our dinner. Sorry.Special Features:
- Unprepared and SlowBColumbiaVIPDined on 3/8/2014I made a reservation for 12 people at 7:45, and we were told our table wasn't ready when we got there. Our entire party was on time. They told us we could sit at an 8 person table until our table was ready, which we accepted. Drink orders were taken for a few people but not everyone, and it was 8:30 when they finally had the other table ready. Appetizer orders were taken around 8:45 and by this point it was clear that our table was not a priority for the restaurant. We had to ask the waitress to take our entree order, which all except 2 people wanted to order. By the time out meals arrived at 9:30 I was so hungry that my stomach hurt and it was difficult to eat what was a decent burger. Our waitress was nice but hardly present.
- Fast service when requestedTheatreGoerDined on 3/4/2014We went for a quick dinner before going to the theatre. Some arrived later than they intended to and we were therefore a bit rushed. Our server was very pleasant and worked to get our food to use and take care of our check in a timely manner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itMcintoshDined on 2/21/2014Great food and service. Good for families or couplesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodsehowe01Dined on 2/14/2014Our food and dinning experience was great and we would recommend this place to everyone! I have told everyone about the amazing beer cheese and pretzels! Look forward to seeing you soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who would have guessed?HandymanDined on 2/6/2014You have to know that it is there or you'd never find it. Glad we went on a quiet, icy Thursday night, otherwise it would be too noisy and crowded. Too many large, intrusive televisions. Try some art on the brick walls instead. Service was friendly and efficient. Food was surprisingly good. Could use some more vegetables on the menu. My chicken fingers were top notch, crispy and tender, but a side of slaw would have been nice. House Cardinal Red beer quite to my liking. Glad we tried it.Special Features:
- Memorable DiningRateRaider4NowDined on 2/2/2014Had an incredible dining experience with my family. I definitely recommend for anyone as the food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BurgersTKT7376Dined on 1/11/2014Great Burgers. Was a great lunch place right before we hit up a matinee show. The appetizers were to die for. I love spicy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodating casual placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2013We had a casual dinner here between Sunday night mass at the Cathedral of the Assumption and going to a movie. We requested a quiet table, and they took us behind a faux bookshelf into our own little room! They were happy to turn off the TVs and turn the music down, so we have a lovely little nook for dinner. My husband and I both got salads and the Angry Alfredo pasta, which was very good. I got a Troll Tea made with tonic in place of coke, and my husband got a different bourbon drink, which he really liked. The exposed brick walls and dark wood tables are cozy. It's a great casual place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Room Behind the BookcaseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2013We had a large party, on a night that had an event at the YUM center. At first we couldn't make reservations, but then I got on open table and was able to make one for a time after the start of the concert. We had a large party and we were thrilled when we saw we had the hidden room behind the book case all to our selves. Perfect for a small group of 11. Service was wonderful, as was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trolling through Louisvillekris10Dined on 11/26/2013My husband and I were spending the day in Louisville and wanted to find a place to eat. I went to my OpenTable app and found The Troll Pub. What a fun find! The food was great, but the history, location and character of the place made the experience unique. We will certainly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Billygoat's Gruff it's notRuckinRuggerDined on 10/5/2013Unlike the fairy tell, the Troll Pub is a welcoming and inviting place to have a good meal, catch the game, and have a pint or two. Located a stones throw from the Yum Center no need to fight traffic after a Cards game, just spill out the door go under the bridge and down the steps to the basement. You will be pleasantly surprised! We were a party of four, I had the Beer Cheese Burger w/fires which was good and filling along with two pints of Fall City beer; Yep, local brew is on tap. Ruck - contesting for the ball in Rugby Union from a tackled player Rugger - Slang for someone who plays rugby footballSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went back for 2nd'sScottVIPDined on 9/1/2013We are from out of toewn and it was the first time we had ever been there. We had a great lunch severed by Shea. We had such a great experience, we came back that night after the game with out friends and had dinner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Loved the patioAlanArturoDined on 8/17/2013Restaurant itself was very nice. We got the Pretzel Burgers and they were really good. Loved the fries. In the back is a really cool bar area and a neat patio in the space between buildings. Really neat and would love to hang out there again!Special Features:
- DisappointingLadybugDined on 7/28/2013This was my second trip to this restaurant. The first time the food was much better. All of the food was disappointing - lacked the quality and flavor of the earlier experience. Service was also much poorer punctuated by sounds of breaking dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great! Carla wasFoodie101Dined on 7/21/2013Food was great! Carla was our server and was awesome! I loved the atmosphereSpecial Features:
- family-friendly pub type jointKierazDined on 7/21/2013Pub fare, did the trick, and looked quite family friendly.