231 South 15th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thetreemont.com/
- Phone: (267) 687-2237
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour: Sunday-Friday 5-7pm (downstairs only)
Sunday Brunch 11AM to 2PM
Sunday - Thursday:
5PM to 10PM Kitchen
4:30PM to 11PM Bar
Friday & Saturday:
5PM to 11PM Kitchen
4:30PM to 12AM Bar
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: "Chip" Roman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from The Treemont
Chef Chip Roman brings New American food and drink to Center City Philadelphia. The Treemont has a full service bar,wines by the glass, craft beers and rotating cocktail selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Treemont reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (81)neighborhood gem (47)special occasion (27)romantic (20)hot spot (15)notable wine list (15)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- so-so mealalf13Dined on 11/22/2014service was best part. Waitstaff helpful and knowledgeable. Portions overpriced for size. Cutsie dishes with more fuss than needed. tasty but not too special.Special Features:
- UncleBillVIPDined on 11/17/2014The meal was delicious and gluten free. The waitress was very familiar with glute free items.Special Features:
- centercitygalVIPDined on 11/8/2014The food was consistently excellent and creative. This is a good place for pre-theater or concert, since it is near the Avenue of the Arts.Special Features:
- Go to Treemont!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I am new to Philadelphia and happened to stumble upon Treemont by chance, and we got lucky. I took my girlfriend here on Saturday night and everything about the place was amazing. The food, the service and environment were perfect right down to the little touches. Well done, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDaisyVIPDined on 11/1/2014I went with my aunt and we ordered the chick pea fritters when we were done she asked for another order of them - they were amazing - great food - felt like was on food network having one of their experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/31/2014Enjoyed the Sherlock Holmes' Prix Fixe dinner on Halloween. Excellent evening all around. As usual. This place just gets better and better.Special Features:
- WonderfulSundayDined on 10/30/2014I am telling all my friends about how wonderful Treemont is. The food was perfect and the staff was knowledgeable about the food and wine. I am going back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/25/2014Good choice in town, near theaters. Food was unique and very good. Varied choices and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the chicken...PhedreVIPDined on 10/23/2014... no really, I mean it. I usually don't bother with chicken dishes at nice restaurants, seems a waste, but once our waitress finished describing the dish (chicken breast roulade cooked sous vide then flash fried in skin, dark meat terrine with pumpernickel bread crumbs, butternut squash, heirloom cauliflower... oh my!), both my dining companion and I had to order it - it was as delish as the description! Service was good and fast - a great spot for a pre-Orchestra dinner!Special Features:
- inventive food, too many flourishesUBUDOCDined on 10/22/2014High ceilings with little sound absorption - noisy due to loud 4 man group at next table even though we were the only two parties in the restaurant Food was inventive but each dish had a few too many moving parts. The celery root soup was a little too sweet. The dorade had good flavor but was too dry on the edges. The grilled beets were tasty but were served cold and that was not indicated on the menu - this was surprising to me and I would not have ordered the beets had I known.Special Features:
- TmomDined on 10/21/2014We are from California and were thrilled to get such a wonderful gourmet meal in Philadelphia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the run of the mill menu!kofppaVIPDined on 10/15/2014Very well prepared food of a different nature. Interesting flavor combinations. The clam / cassoulet dish had a most memorable mix of flavors. Good wines- but a bit pricey by the glass.Special Features:
- Excellent pretheater menuCookieVIPDined on 10/14/2014Also has happy hour pre theater. Also would be nice for after concert or theater but doesn't stay open late enough.Special Features:
- Interesting DishesMandesVIPDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant has a limited menu but the food is very good. I had the Dorade fish and it was outstanding. My husband had the short rib and it was very good. Overall this is a place to try. The service was excellent! We were celebrating my daughter's birthday but the dessert that they brought with the candle was not complimentary, it was $10 for a piece of cake. Most places have a complimentary dessert when you celebrate a birthday. That was disappointing. I ask if you could bring a cake and they said they will charge $4 per person to plate it!!! I think its important to do some special treats like other restaurants do for a birthday and don't get charge for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lswrphDined on 10/11/2014Food was very good; service very attentive. Proximity to the Kimmel Center is a plus. Bears repeating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- operaDined on 10/3/2014We had a wonderful pre-opera dinner, with extra attention paid to a food allergy (chili).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RedThangVIPDined on 10/2/2014This was my second visit to The Treemont and it did not disappoint. The food was deliciously prepared and beautifully presented and the wine list provide a balanced range of choices for every palate. The wait staff were friendly and helpful. It was not terribly crowded either time I dined at the restaurant which some have speculated is due to its location near a construction site. Given its proximity to the theatre and concert venues, and the wonderful dining experience, it is well worth overlooking the construction site to experience this gem.Special Features:
- DisappointingGladwyneGirlVIPDined on 9/27/2014I really didn't think The Treemont could be as bad as the reviews. Sorry to say it was. When our first courses arrived and the salad resembled a garnish I just about died. It was tiny and just plain odd. As far as placement- the greens were even located on the corner of a larger plate as if anticipating something else in the center. The entire menu needs to be overhauled- over thought & not appetizing. The wine pours were also anemic. Sorry- really love Blackfish...
- Another winner from Chip RomanMediaDinerVIPDined on 9/26/2014Our dinner here on a Friday night was fantastic. The place is hip and modern looking, and the food is daring and delicious. The gnocchi made with French pastry flour and parmesan are out of this world!Special Features:
- Coming along...BazkapVIPDined on 9/26/2014The food and service at Treemont are why dining out can be adventuresome and memorable. Variations on classic cuisine and presentation added energy to the experience. The only improvement only need be a closer balance between expense and value.Special Features:
- pamkVIPDined on 9/26/2014Exceptional food! Sincere waitstaff - attentive and helpful. Although the space is not outstanding-the location is terrific for orchestra and theatre!Special Features:
- Great Spot!DebbieDined on 9/25/2014The Skatewing was perfect! The Chickpea fritters melted in my mouth!Special Features:
- Nice Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2014The service was excellent and the food was superior. We did have a little bit longer of a wait for our main course but the staff was courteous, attentive and apologetic during the delay. The seating unlike most restaurants in Philly gave plenty of room to have a quieter conversation and a nice date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmilyVIPDined on 9/19/2014I was slightly disappointed in our meal here. Blackfish and Ela were much superior.
- muchogusto4everVIPDined on 9/17/2014Outstanding dining experience. Delicious food. Outstanding service. Comfortable restaurant.Special Features:
- Time for a new food criticDyDuoVIPDined on 9/16/2014Our local food critic needs some competition. In reading his recent review of this lovely gem on 15th Street, I would have been hesitant about going there. I have dined 3 times in the last 2 wks and love it. The creative design of a small space is one of the smartest uses of the challenging vertical space that I have ever seen, and the staff master it with grace, running food to the loft. Each area of dining has a unique feel, and that is wonderful. The food is outstanding! I have had the mushrooms, beets, tuna, cobia ceviche, short rib, and Amish chicken. All were delicious and perfectly prepared and artfully presented. The staff is friendly and attentive. I own 3 other restaurants in the city and this is my new favorite, A GREAT FIND!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- novel1000VIPDined on 9/13/2014Incredible service and the food was outstanding, particularly the escargot and cobia.Special Features:
- Nice place, couple things offOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/13/2014Nice dishes. Two little failures. The bread with the terrine was too soft to spread the hard terrine on. The pretzel roll was too strongly flavored for a couple of the cheeses and overpowered them.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chip Roman's new ventureStonewallVIPDined on 9/11/2014We went to Treemont for my sons birthday. We are big fans of Blackfish, Mica and Ela. Treemont did not disappoint. The food was excellent. Very creative. Reasonably priced. Nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Not What I was hoping forOutAndAboutPHLVIPDined on 9/10/2014Very salty food that was not memorable. Waited forever for most everything.
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Very undewhelmed and disappointed in the food. Presentation was done well and well mannered service. Food completely underwhelming in taste and portion sizes. Would not recommend.
- MarleyDined on 9/6/2014We had an enjoyable evening at the Treemont. The food was very flavorful and I definitely would go again. One complaint that I have was the small amount of meat that was served for the lamb dish. I had two small chunks of lamb that were literally each about half of the size of a chicken nugget. My fellow diners had the short ribs and received generous portions so I do not know what the problem was with the lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was just OKGingerVIPDined on 8/30/2014On a Sat night, at 6pm we were one of two tables occupied. Food was just OK, service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Just okalp1VIPDined on 8/29/2014We were there Friday night and there were only two other tables seated. Vegtable salad was just ok. Salmon good but overall small portions. The menu looked very interesting and I was looking forward to trying the Treemont but food was good not great.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014Had a great dinner. Every dish was well thought out. We had been to Ela and wanted to try Treemont. The cuisine is very forward-thinking and the flavors are very complex. My only complaint was that portion-wise appeared a little uneven, at least when it comes to the small plates. I ordered the squid dish, which was plated beautifully, but was much more bite-size than the escargots that my husband ordered. Regardless, very good food, and we would go back.Special Features:
- Girls nightdinnerfor2Dined on 8/22/2014Went here with a girlfriend to catch up with each other. It was delicious!! The menu is unique and a lovely change from the same old dame old. We did a lot of talking and never felt rushed. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and made the perfect recommendations. The raspberry and walnut dessert is a must! I can't wait to return to The Treemont to see what they're serving next..Special Features:
- Outstanding!Brian623Dined on 8/20/2014My companion called to ask about gluten-free options and the hostess noted it on our reservation. When we were seated, the waiter proactively went over the GF options with us, which I think was an awesome piece of customer service! Outstanding! The food was really imaginative and amazing, nice wine list and cocktail options.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experience!MichaelVIPDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I had a great time dining at The Treemont. What a treat! Both small plates we shared were very tasty - chick pea fritters and charred squid. My wife had the lamb saddle as an entree, which she really enjoyed and I had the best salmon I've ever eaten. The presentation on the plates was in itself a treat - works of art! We had excellent service by the entire staff and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting dishesMetzVIPDined on 8/19/2014Food was different and very well prepared. Great dining experience as not the kind of food you make at home. Could do with a little less of the cream in a couple of dishes as they were very rich. Only real complaint is the same as at sister restaurant Ela. Drinks are very expensive and portions are very skimpy. Next time, I will pre-game!Special Features:
- louboutin34VIPDined on 8/16/2014Everything was wonderful, especially the small plates. Perhaps the least interesting were George Perrier's escargot; shows how far Philly and its chefs have come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.