The Tower Bar & Terrace
8358 Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $50 and over
The Tower Bar & Terrace
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sunsettowerhotel.com/
- Phone: 3238486677x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Friday 6:30am - 11:00am Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3pm Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 6:30am - 3pm Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 6:00pm - 10:45pm, Friday-Saturday 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Nicholas McCoy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Terrace room from 10 up to 600
Townhouse up to 100
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer or Daisy (323) 654-7100x2432
- Entertainment: Jazz Duo Nightly 7pm - 11pm
A word from The Tower Bar & Terrace
The famous Sunset Tower Hotel has undergone its first major renovation since the 1980's. The Tower Bar & Terrace Restaurant is now located adjacent to the newly designed lobby and offers a swank lounge, bar and al fresco dining experience. Custom made banquettes fit directly into windows that showcase an unparalleled view of the Los Angeles skyline. Art deco design influences include walnut with gold inlay trim in a subtle, muted color scheme. The delectable menu features California Bistro with Italian fare. A dress code is enforced, please call for information.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
The Tower Bar & Terrace - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
The Tower Bar & Terrace reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (36)romantic (35)special occasion (33)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (21)fit for foodies (20)great for outdoor dining (16)late-night find (15)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (11)good for groups (7)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Amazing of courseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/26/2014Tower Bar is a must if you love discovering fabulous restaurants with impecabble service and food. The ambiance is incredible - it has an old hollywood vibe, but not overtly so (very natural). The service is flawless, as is the presentation of the food. The food itself is extremely good but not the best I have ever had. Still, it's a place I love and will return to.Special Features:
- Bad service and food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I expected better everything.will not return Service was too slow and the restaurant was not full. We asked 3 times to receive olive oil with our salads. When we asked for coffee, it arrived without sugar or the spoon. Details for were poor especially for a restaurant that charges so much. I was very disappointed as I had hoped to have discovered new place to go in LA. Now I realize why it was emptySpecial Features:
- Mediocre FoodLuvgoodfoodDined on 10/24/2014Very disappointed in most of the food; certainly not worth the price. Oysters Rockefeller served on a bed of table salt. Not only gauche, but very difficult to eat without a large dose of salt added to each bite. Finally put them on my breadplate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutLLJBKNYCDined on 10/18/2014Came here on a Yelp recommendation and it was worth the risk. Great location, service, and ambiance for a night out. Dmitri was welcoming and charismatic. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatdatanightDined on 10/18/2014It was a memorable and beautiful dining experience. We loved every minute of our dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dazzlerPLATMUMDined on 10/18/2014Celebrated my birthday there with my hubby. Loved the ambiance, dark, candles, and city lights. The oysters rockerfeller were delicious and my husband's filet mignon was incredible. My halibut was a bit on the dry side but tasty. Enjoyed our first Baked Alaska which they presented with a candle and the plate had Happy Birthday inscibed in Chocolate. It was a perfect night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Non-native view of dinner in LAOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014I spent $900.00 at Cut the night before and think The Tower Bar & Terrace had better food and service and was much more fun at less than a third of the cost.Special Features:
- A special evening.dine4funDined on 10/10/2014We arrived a bit early and were seated in the terrace area. Great view and wonderful service. First round of drinks good and Appetizers ordered. Second round of drinks and the bartender must have gone on break for my wife's second drink was not good. Of course they made it right. The appetizers were very good. Ordered dinner the filet mignon was fair and the lamb was very good. all in all had a great evening.Special Features:
- Adequate foodFoodie1978Dined on 9/30/20148pm reservation, not seated until 8:30. No apology, no explanation. Food was fine, nothing to rave about.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/29/2014Wonderful food and a great place to be with friends and talk (i.e. its quite!!) Also, very polite and helpful staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where VIPs & PYT's wine & dine1SavvygirlDined on 9/27/2014Great menu, great wine by the glass, cool crowd, dark sexy ambience. This is one of my favorite "hot spots" for dinner in L.A. A little on the loud side The truffle French fries are divineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special treatAidanDined on 9/27/2014We celebrated our 1 year anniversary here as a special treat and thoroughly enjoyed it. Food was tasty, great setting and staff were friendly - even gave us a little treat to celebrate our occasion.Special Features:
- Consistently ExceptionalColonelScottVIPDined on 9/13/2014The Tower Bar and Restaurant is consistently the best restaurant in all of Los Angeles. From the varied menu to the exceptional staff, you will never be disappointed in this fine establishment which for many locals has replaced the Polo Lounge as our favorite place to enjoy a great meal in a great room surrounded by interesting people.Special Features:
- Don't miss the truffle frites!NomossundermyfeetDined on 9/5/2014Two friends and I came for dinner on a Friday night as part of a "girl's" weekend in LA. We reserved well in advance and requested terrace seating, which we received. The table was ready at the specified time. Service was very prompt but unobtrusive. Food was amazing. Lots of attractive people but you don't have to get over-dressed. Typically, there were people dressed for anything from fairly casual to completely decked out. View was A.Maz.Ing! Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More about the viewForTheLoveOfFoodDined on 9/1/2014The view and ambience were the best part. The service was extremely slow and the place was far from full. But the wait staff was nice and was quick to take our order so it seems like it was something in the kitchen that was slowing everything down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hostjleboDined on 8/30/2014After having a problem with our reservations, we received a great table and the food was great. The piano player did such a great job, (we were seated near him and even though you knew he was there you could still talk to each other and the ambiance was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resplendent!nathsalDined on 8/20/2014Wonderful ambience in a resplendent environment, fabulous service and lovely food. Felt like we were transported back in time and dining in old world opulence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjyablesquirrelVIPDined on 8/19/2014The dinner was good, not great. The ambiance is great with a wonderful view of the city. The bar is terrific and a cool place to go after work for a drink. The tomato and burrata salad was fabulous! The swordfish and steaks were good. I enjoyed it there.Special Features:
- HelenDined on 8/9/2014We truly enjoyed the ambience and food. Great cocktail list. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice Dinnermel31Dined on 8/6/2014Originally booked reservation at the Tower but once we were there we were offered the Terrace. Very happy we moved to the outside dining. Temperature was perfect and ambiance was great. Seemed to be a common spot for locals. Service was slow to get drinks, bread and dinner. Food was great once it was delivered. Would love to go back when visiting LA again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014feels like an iconic upscale new york city restaurantSpecial Features:
- A restaurant that has it all!SheilaDined on 7/17/2014It was total perfection! The ambience - the drink - the food - the staff - we ate at the bar and had the best experience. The professional way we were treated was so great it was joyful. The staff had exquisite recommendations and we could not have been happier. It was my friend's birthday and it felt like a true celebration. Bravo - I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elainejVIPDined on 7/4/2014Our meal was perfect in every way. Beautiful restaurant, wonderful service with perfect dinners presented and cooked to perfection! Tables are placed so that you can actually talk to one another without shouting and sharing your conversation with other tables. We will definitely return to this restaurant without hesitation. The terrace is a perfect spot for a before or after dinner drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 295 reviews are from the The Tower Bar & Terrace reviews archive.
- WonderfuljesecueDined on 6/28/2014Upscale ambiance. Very romantic and fun. Great food.Special Features:
- Old Hollywood VibeSusanSzVIPDined on 6/21/2014Appreciated being seated by the window to enjoy the LA skyline. The portobello frites were delicious - lightly battered and fried - but not heavy at all. Halibut with corn succotash was delicious. My husband's steak was cooked perfectly. Service was impeccable - friendly, warm and attentive. I was celebrating my birthday and liked the greetings written on my dessert plate. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would definitely dine here againMcGrubbyDined on 6/8/2014Loved the ambiance, good price point, grey goose dirty martini w/ bleu cheese stuffed olives was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always The BestColonelScottVIPDined on 6/5/2014I eat here as often as possible and this is perhaps one of the most appealing places to dine in town. The staff is superb, the menu is excellent and it's simply as close to perfect as you would imagine. The lamb is great. Never an issue after dining here since it opened. It's a better spot then The Polo Lounge and its my favorite watering hole too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place for a special nightOttoNYCDined on 5/23/2014The space and service was excellent. We had a wonderful view of Hollywood while dining. Sadly, the food was, at best, lackluster. Maybe I was crazy to order the Clams Casino, or the chef was crazy to offer them and then prepare them so terribly. Otherwise, two steaks and some excellent cocktails left a good impression. I'd return but stick to the specials.Special Features:
- MagicalNew2LADined on 5/13/2014Since moving to LA, Tower Bar has become my favorite spot. It feels like old Hollywood. Demitri who greets you at the door is like a character from a bygone era, making the experience even more magical. The pianist provides the perfect musical ambiance while not being intrusive. The location in a beautiful Art Deco building overlooking LA sets the stage for this gem of a restaurant. The menu satisfies all palettes. Their fried chicken on Sundays and Mondays is delicious. And you can't miss one of their specially made sundaes for dessert. I am afraid to say anymore because I don't want this restaurant to become overrun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favorite in LAfoodluvrVIPDined on 5/8/2014Wow - a restaurant with this view and an historic building often can coast on the food, service, and overall ambience. This restaurant is a knockout. Dimitri really makes it all work with amazing attention to detail. Great views, amazing food and drink, the occasional celeb - what else could you want for the toatal LA experience?Special Features:
- CHIC DININGSkierchicVIPDined on 5/3/2014Cool, interior...great crowd and piano music..the service is fantastic. Makes one want to fall in love...Special Features:
- Belleepoch54belleepoch54Dined on 4/27/2014The restaurant delightful, romantic, Christos our server was A one wonderful. It was a wonderful nite.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LA SpotNY2LADined on 4/20/2014Food was OK- nothing notable. Overall great location_ could use minor improvements on menu.Special Features:
- major disappointment!divinemzmDined on 4/19/2014based on the reviews, i expected more ambiance. although it was 1PM i could scarcely see the view folks were raving about; perhaps cocktail hour and dinner are more enchanting. Hoped to see photos of some of the famous folks who once allegedly frequented the St James Club; or something, anything reminiscent of the Golden Years of Hollywood--nothing. The Formosa has more ambiance and better drinks, too. The Bellini was inauthentic and dull. the $27 seared ahi tuna was described by my companion as 'interesting' - not good; not tasty; not satisfying--interesting; my turkey club on sour dough toast was cold, dry, and minuscule! $100 bucks blown on hype, perception, and location. Unfulfilling birthday brunch--waste of time & $$$$$! sad sad
- Classic old Hollywood buildingMikeDined on 4/12/2014Classic old Hollywood building and interior has been beautifully maintained. All staff reinforces this theme, with a young and classy energy.. All our table's diners were extremely pleased with their meals. The people watching is pure entertainment. The dining tables tucked away in the corners of the dining room are perfect for experiencing all this fine restaurant and bar has to offer, while catching glimpses of the City lights below.Special Features:
- Old Hollywood mixed with hipsterslkn4foodVIPDined on 4/12/2014Wood paneling, low lighting, piano playing, sets the ambiance. The food is good. The service is better. You may see a star. But you will see a full range of Hollywood, from the older set in coats and tie to young hipsters. It's quirt the scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant!!!!o2loveLADined on 4/11/2014Well....finally found the perfect-in-every-way-possible-evening. Beautiful, elegant, a true throw back to the way life was and should be. Old Hollywood meets today...with NO cell phones allowed and no photos, low live music and a room so perfect, only to be enhanced by the service and the food and the view. Our waiter Max a seasoned professional and then their is the most adorable maitre'd-Dimitri, who left us speechless with delight, a classic. The crowd was quiet yet sophisticated-whether it was old Hollywood or young and indie there was a true respect for the space. So nice to see people dressed up-men in ties...women in dresses. Old-young-cool-hipster-very famous-..with no attitude! Food-just what it should be-NOT fussy, just yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We arrived late after theluv2dineVIPDined on 4/5/2014We arrived late after the theatre to dinner at 11:15pm on a Saturday night. the music duo ended by 11:30pm (we never heard any music) the ambience was beautiful but without music of any kind…boring no excitement what so ever. Luckly we were hungry and tired. Food and staff was good.Special Features:
- If only I knewDonnaVIPDined on 4/4/2014The restaurant is great. Old world charm. Confusing website I would have given it 5 stars if I had known there was a patio that was amazing to dine. My husband stumbled upon it on his way to the restroom so we had after dinner drinks there. I suggest the outdoor dinning patio ( please specify when reserving) and ladies the heat lamps are everywhere foe cold evenings the view is spectacular.
- instant favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/3/2014really enjoyed our experience from the time our valet opened our car door til the hotel mgr. said thanks for dining with us. this is a quality establishment in every sense. service is outstanding food is delicious and ambience is cozy and romantic. after one visit this goes on our short list of places to frequent on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.