The Tower Bar & Terrace
8358 Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $50 and over
The Tower Bar & Terrace
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sunsettowerhotel.com/
- Phone: 3238486677x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Friday 6:30am - 11:00am Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3pm Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 6:30am - 3pm Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 6:00pm - 10:45pm, Friday-Saturday 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Nicholas McCoy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Terrace room from 10 up to 600
Townhouse up to 100
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer or Daisy (323) 654-7100x2432
- Entertainment: Jazz Duo Nightly 7pm - 11pm
A word from The Tower Bar & Terrace
The famous Sunset Tower Hotel has undergone its first major renovation since the 1980's. The Tower Bar & Terrace Restaurant is now located adjacent to the newly designed lobby and offers a swank lounge, bar and al fresco dining experience. Custom made banquettes fit directly into windows that showcase an unparalleled view of the Los Angeles skyline. Art deco design influences include walnut with gold inlay trim in a subtle, muted color scheme. The delectable menu features California Bistro with Italian fare. A dress code is enforced, please call for information.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
The Tower Bar & Terrace - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
The Tower Bar & Terrace reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelModerate
romantic (36)special occasion (34)scenic view (32)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (18)great for outdoor dining (17)late-night find (16)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (15)notable wine list (11)good for groups (8)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (5)Show More
- hostjleboDined on 8/30/2014After having a problem with our reservations, we received a great table and the food was great. The piano player did such a great job, (we were seated near him and even though you knew he was there you could still talk to each other and the ambiance was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resplendent!nathsalDined on 8/20/2014Wonderful ambience in a resplendent environment, fabulous service and lovely food. Felt like we were transported back in time and dining in old world opulence!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjyablesquirrelVIPDined on 8/19/2014The dinner was good, not great. The ambiance is great with a wonderful view of the city. The bar is terrific and a cool place to go after work for a drink. The tomato and burrata salad was fabulous! The swordfish and steaks were good. I enjoyed it there.Special Features:
- HelenDined on 8/9/2014We truly enjoyed the ambience and food. Great cocktail list. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014feels like an iconic upscale new york city restaurantSpecial Features:
- A restaurant that has it all!SheilaDined on 7/17/2014It was total perfection! The ambience - the drink - the food - the staff - we ate at the bar and had the best experience. The professional way we were treated was so great it was joyful. The staff had exquisite recommendations and we could not have been happier. It was my friend's birthday and it felt like a true celebration. Bravo - I can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elainejVIPDined on 7/4/2014Our meal was perfect in every way. Beautiful restaurant, wonderful service with perfect dinners presented and cooked to perfection! Tables are placed so that you can actually talk to one another without shouting and sharing your conversation with other tables. We will definitely return to this restaurant without hesitation. The terrace is a perfect spot for a before or after dinner drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfuljesecueDined on 6/28/2014Upscale ambiance. Very romantic and fun. Great food.Special Features:
- Old Hollywood VibeSusanSzVIPDined on 6/21/2014Appreciated being seated by the window to enjoy the LA skyline. The portobello frites were delicious - lightly battered and fried - but not heavy at all. Halibut with corn succotash was delicious. My husband's steak was cooked perfectly. Service was impeccable - friendly, warm and attentive. I was celebrating my birthday and liked the greetings written on my dessert plate. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would definitely dine here againMcGrubbyDined on 6/8/2014Loved the ambiance, good price point, grey goose dirty martini w/ bleu cheese stuffed olives was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always The BestColonelScottVIPDined on 6/5/2014I eat here as often as possible and this is perhaps one of the most appealing places to dine in town. The staff is superb, the menu is excellent and it's simply as close to perfect as you would imagine. The lamb is great. Never an issue after dining here since it opened. It's a better spot then The Polo Lounge and its my favorite watering hole too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special place for a special nightOttoNYCDined on 5/23/2014The space and service was excellent. We had a wonderful view of Hollywood while dining. Sadly, the food was, at best, lackluster. Maybe I was crazy to order the Clams Casino, or the chef was crazy to offer them and then prepare them so terribly. Otherwise, two steaks and some excellent cocktails left a good impression. I'd return but stick to the specials.Special Features:
- MagicalNew2LADined on 5/13/2014Since moving to LA, Tower Bar has become my favorite spot. It feels like old Hollywood. Demitri who greets you at the door is like a character from a bygone era, making the experience even more magical. The pianist provides the perfect musical ambiance while not being intrusive. The location in a beautiful Art Deco building overlooking LA sets the stage for this gem of a restaurant. The menu satisfies all palettes. Their fried chicken on Sundays and Mondays is delicious. And you can't miss one of their specially made sundaes for dessert. I am afraid to say anymore because I don't want this restaurant to become overrun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favorite in LAfoodluvrVIPDined on 5/8/2014Wow - a restaurant with this view and an historic building often can coast on the food, service, and overall ambience. This restaurant is a knockout. Dimitri really makes it all work with amazing attention to detail. Great views, amazing food and drink, the occasional celeb - what else could you want for the toatal LA experience?Special Features:
- CHIC DININGSkierchicDined on 5/3/2014Cool, interior...great crowd and piano music..the service is fantastic. Makes one want to fall in love...Special Features:
- The following 288 reviews are from the The Tower Bar & Terrace reviews archive.
- Belleepoch54belleepoch54Dined on 4/27/2014The restaurant delightful, romantic, Christos our server was A one wonderful. It was a wonderful nite.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LA SpotNY2LADined on 4/20/2014Food was OK- nothing notable. Overall great location_ could use minor improvements on menu.Special Features:
- major disappointment!divinemzmDined on 4/19/2014based on the reviews, i expected more ambiance. although it was 1PM i could scarcely see the view folks were raving about; perhaps cocktail hour and dinner are more enchanting. Hoped to see photos of some of the famous folks who once allegedly frequented the St James Club; or something, anything reminiscent of the Golden Years of Hollywood--nothing. The Formosa has more ambiance and better drinks, too. The Bellini was inauthentic and dull. the $27 seared ahi tuna was described by my companion as 'interesting' - not good; not tasty; not satisfying--interesting; my turkey club on sour dough toast was cold, dry, and minuscule! $100 bucks blown on hype, perception, and location. Unfulfilling birthday brunch--waste of time & $$$$$! sad sad
- Classic old Hollywood buildingMikeDined on 4/12/2014Classic old Hollywood building and interior has been beautifully maintained. All staff reinforces this theme, with a young and classy energy.. All our table's diners were extremely pleased with their meals. The people watching is pure entertainment. The dining tables tucked away in the corners of the dining room are perfect for experiencing all this fine restaurant and bar has to offer, while catching glimpses of the City lights below.Special Features:
- Old Hollywood mixed with hipsterslkn4foodVIPDined on 4/12/2014Wood paneling, low lighting, piano playing, sets the ambiance. The food is good. The service is better. You may see a star. But you will see a full range of Hollywood, from the older set in coats and tie to young hipsters. It's quirt the scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brilliant!!!!o2loveLADined on 4/11/2014Well....finally found the perfect-in-every-way-possible-evening. Beautiful, elegant, a true throw back to the way life was and should be. Old Hollywood meets today...with NO cell phones allowed and no photos, low live music and a room so perfect, only to be enhanced by the service and the food and the view. Our waiter Max a seasoned professional and then their is the most adorable maitre'd-Dimitri, who left us speechless with delight, a classic. The crowd was quiet yet sophisticated-whether it was old Hollywood or young and indie there was a true respect for the space. So nice to see people dressed up-men in ties...women in dresses. Old-young-cool-hipster-very famous-..with no attitude! Food-just what it should be-NOT fussy, just yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We arrived late after theluv2dineVIPDined on 4/5/2014We arrived late after the theatre to dinner at 11:15pm on a Saturday night. the music duo ended by 11:30pm (we never heard any music) the ambience was beautiful but without music of any kind…boring no excitement what so ever. Luckly we were hungry and tired. Food and staff was good.Special Features:
- If only I knewDonnaVIPDined on 4/4/2014The restaurant is great. Old world charm. Confusing website I would have given it 5 stars if I had known there was a patio that was amazing to dine. My husband stumbled upon it on his way to the restroom so we had after dinner drinks there. I suggest the outdoor dinning patio ( please specify when reserving) and ladies the heat lamps are everywhere foe cold evenings the view is spectacular.
- instant favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/3/2014really enjoyed our experience from the time our valet opened our car door til the hotel mgr. said thanks for dining with us. this is a quality establishment in every sense. service is outstanding food is delicious and ambience is cozy and romantic. after one visit this goes on our short list of places to frequent on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/2/2014Everything was impeccable. The staff were particularly kind and thoughtful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/2/2014I had heard about the venue previously but was unprepared for the excellence in execution. We felt like we had stepped back in time. Definitely adding to our short list. Great cocktails, old school appetizers, unobtrusive service and consistent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereMate1Dined on 3/30/2014Reaaly enjoyed the quiet lunch with outstanding views, Excellent service, and fabulous food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite restaurant in the US!!!SfpdoddVIPDined on 3/28/2014This is a most special and unique place. Dimitri does the most beautiful job managing and choreographing every evening!!!Special Features:
- Made for Maitre DOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2014always treated with respect and welcome behavior even when it is crowdedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected gemnjcrisDined on 3/12/2014Top notch hidden gem! Definitely a throwback in time. Service was excellent and attentive. Food was excellent although Cosmo was a bit pricey. Got recommendation through Trip Advisor and found it accurate. You may even spot a celeb or two. We did!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved everything aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/8/2014We loved everything about the restaurant - the intimate dining, the menu, view, as well as the piano music which was heard but did not interfere with our conversation. Planning to go back again this week - my husband is craving the chicken pot pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/8/2014Delicious food and selection of appetizers and sides . Good wine selection. Great people watching. Amazing and Fabulous service.Special Features:
- Always forget about how great it isBaconVIPDined on 3/3/2014Anniversary celebration and was perfect. Such a romantic restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average Food at Gourmet PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/22/2014Maybe it was because we were seated in a high traffic area, or maybe it was the fact that I needed my flashlight app to read the menu, or maybe it was the fact that we had 4 different servers, none of whom remembered the drink my wife ordered, or maybe it was the fact that the waiter didn't even ask me if I wanted another drink, or maybe it was the average food, or maybe it was that, after all that, they charged for parking. Can't put my finger on it, but, we did not enjoy the experience. Two appetizers, two entrees, three drinks totaled $195. I wouldn't mind it at all had the food and service matched the price. This place was probably really something back in the day. Nice view!Special Features:
- Old world comfort, new world foodDrewhughruDined on 2/12/2014My wife and I arrived late. The maître de was gracious. The ambiance unbeatable Probably a top 5 restaurant in terms of comfort and Top 3 in food. The memorables: perfect artichoke, Fresh scrumptious shrimp cocktail, perfectly grilled Salmon, and better cheesecake than a 7th avenue Deli. Perfect 10 for a meal. The african American Waitress was pitch perfect. Forgiving and Accomodating without any act. Authentic Dining.Special Features:
- LA ProperPatrickWilliamVIPDined on 2/8/2014Feels like a beautiful old men's club, but the clientelle includes young hollywood. Perfect service and delicious food. but the atmosphere is why I will return.Special Features:
- arrived early and sat in other barmpd1VIPDined on 2/4/2014unfortunate that the maitre'd had not been notified and scoffed at us for being late!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 100% Top DrawerCHIPDined on 2/1/2014My wife and I love the tower bar and terrace. The food and ambiance are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service!! Dining hereTb6574Dined on 1/23/2014Amazing service!! Dining here you feel like family. Ambiance is beautiful as well and great outdoor terrace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding, as alwaysJulieDDined on 1/17/2014We were seated right away, and our waiter was very attentive. I love that they serve raw veggies (including jicama, one of my favs) with dip instead of a bread basket. Although bread is available if you want it. Menu choices diverse and interesting. Delicious as always.Special Features: