The Torreyana Grille
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
10950 North Torrey Pines Road
San Diego, CA 92037Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
The Torreyana Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lajollatorreypines.hilton.com/
- Phone: 8584504571x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Chef David Umatum
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Torreyana Grille
The Torreyana Grille focuses on regional attributes using fresh and natural products while exhibiting our abundance of seasonal seafood. Menu selections are innovative and simply prepared with value and speed of service in mind.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Torreyana Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great spotGeeRussDined on 9/6/2014Went to Torreyana to celebrate wife's 50th. Though the menu was small there were a variety of choices and the food was amazing. We had 2 different steaks and both were prepared perfectly. The sides were delicious as wel.. They had a nice wine list and everything was very reasonably priced. Would recommend to friends.mSpecial Features:
- Great experienceanniversary0807Dined on 7/27/2014I had been there but my friend hadnt and she was so happy. The service and food (lunch) was exceptional. I will definitely go back again!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/19/2014Convenient because it's part of the hotel. The complimentary bread was the best thing we ate. Soup was cold. Steak was tough. Vegetarian meal (forgot what it was) was good enough. Great service though. Brunch was a different story however. Excellent service and good food choices.Special Features:
- The following 59 reviews are from the The Torreyana Grille reviews archive.
- Plentiful Spread @ Torreyanna GrillJHP3Dined on 5/11/2014The brunch had a very good number of selections. Very flavorful beef selections. Plenty of sea food selections, including crab claws and peel-and-eat shrimp. Bottomless champagne, mimosas and juices. Loved the omelettes and eggs benedict. Very plentiful spread (though a bit pricey), with excellent desserts. Excellent views to the ocean. And...the service topped all (thank you, Fernando!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RayLDined on 5/2/2014Restaurant has nice views. They seated us at the window while there was a party on the deck in front of us so kind of questioned that and moved. Good service, pretty good food, wine much overpriced.Special Features:
- Nice Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014Our family of 7 including two kids under 5 had a great time at Easter Brunch! The buffet was very good with a great dessert selection. My kids were very happy with the cute Easter cookies and fudge pops. If they offer the Bloody Mary Bar - do it!! So fun creating your own garnish masterpiece! There were a lot of people there for brunch, but it didn't feel crowded. I did think the $63.95 price for adults was a bit much, but it was Easter and you're in La Jolla.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, atmosphere, andMooseVIPDined on 2/15/2014Good food, atmosphere, and service for a "hotel" restaurant. I would not eat here unless I was staying at the hotel.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for Valentine's dateshushDined on 2/14/2014They had special menu for the Valentine's day. I had the "Beef Tenderloin", and it was awesome! The place had nice candle-like-lamp on the table, live music, water stream.... great ambiance for special dinner date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the most impersonalMiner53VIPDined on 2/7/2014This is the most impersonal dining experience we have had in many years. The waitress was pleasant, but disappeared after taking our order. This is the kindof jplace that givs a "hotel dining room" a bad name. Food was humdrum, mostly seemed lkie canned food, no inventiveness. Couldn't eat it all as there was virtually no flavor.........except for the bad taste that the extremely high prices left us with.Special Features:
- Great first time experience!MarcoDined on 11/28/2013This was our first time to the restaurant and our first time spending Thanksgiving at a restaurant, but we had a really great time. The food was delicious and such a variety to choose from. The dessert tables were as plentiful as the entrees and the carving station had a great selection of cuts and meats which were all very tender and moist. We would definitely come back to eat here for a brunch or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Thanksgiving Brunchmedusa2468Dined on 11/28/2013I've been to many buffets in SD, and this Thanksgiving Buffet is among the best. They had a wide selection of food with wonderful presentation on everything. I loved the paella display - and it tasted great, too. They had traditional Thanksgiving choices, but had a lot of seafood and other choices, including many more sides than I was expecting. It was a little tough not to just skip right to the dessert area and spend the whole visit there. Our servers were nice, funny, and more importantly - attentive and good at their job. With this my second Thanksgiving here, I've now decided it's not even worth looking elsewhere for our Thanksgiving brunch. Looking forward to next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The visit to the restaurantwineloverVIPDined on 7/15/2013The visit to the restaurant WAS NOT our first time, thus we will definitely will dine there whenever we have a chance, however for the visit this time was awful - we had a change of plan (schedule change) so made a reservation one hour earlier than the originally scheduled reservation, but we ended up taking all our foods back. We just had a glass of wine and breads while we waited for 45 min. I do not believe the problem was with the server, but the kitchen? It was not a experience we would like to repeat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The buffet was very large,ShannonDined on 5/12/2013The buffet was very large, with a lot of options. The carving station was good and so was the omelet bar. The pastries/desserts were a little bland, not very sweet. However, the chocolate fountain was very good. The kids really liked the fountain and walking around outside. Our reservation was at 2pm, which I recommend on holidays like Mother's day. Considering how much quieter it was, the service was slow. We had a party of more than 6, which guaranteed them a 18%. They did not try any harder than they had to because they were guanteed a tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was disappointed in theloprabbitDined on 3/31/2013I was disappointed in the Brunch selection @ this venue, for the price it was not worth it.
- Whenever we are visiting thewineloverVIPDined on 3/30/2013Whenever we are visiting the area, we enjoy this restaurant. Service is always great. It happened to be a busy weekend, the restaurant was busy and crowded with "gala" attendees later the evening. Still we enjoyed the dinner, but not stayed as long as usual.Special Features:
- We had a great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2013We had a great experience. The service was excellent and the food was very good.Special Features:
- uncrowded romance for meat eatersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013It's a quaint little restaurant in the hotel itself, Valet parking is only $4 for three hours with validation. Ambiance is nice with a water moat along side a great portion the of the dinning area. We were seated quickly, it seems as though it's almost always empty in there since it's such a remote location. The menu is NOT designed for vegetarians at all, all entrees but one, (squash and eggplant) contain either stake or sea food, lamb etc... the "vegetable quinoia" was a joke it was red quinoia with sparse amount of peas in it but the waitress exchanged it for the very delicious purple potatoes.Special Features:
- We only ate at the grilleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/16/2013We only ate at the grille for breakfast two mornings during a conference we were attending; in both cases we were meeting with customers. For a hotel restaurant it was fine but it was overpriced for the quality of the food.
- Food was outstanding. serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2013Food was outstanding. service was second to none. High end hotel, it's what you would expect to receive when spending this kind of money. Very pleased overall.Special Features:
- Good food and relaxed atmosphere;GonzoVIPDined on 12/30/2012Good food and relaxed atmosphere; the lamb was perfectly cooked and the sea bass was perfectly seasoned and paired. Highlight of the night was the service!Special Features:
- Great spread for the ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Great spread for the Christmas buffet with live music and great service. James BSpecial Features:
- With family members out ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012With family members out of town for Christmas, my son and I wanted to still have a special day together so we chose The Torreyana Grille. It was a great choice! Their buffet focused on quality dishes rather than quantity and the service was exemplary and attentive to our every need. The live music added to the ambience as well. We would definitely come back for another holiday meal and bring the ones who missed out!Special Features:
- Thanksgiving buffet was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2012Thanksgiving buffet was very good. $75 total per person with tax and tip. I thought it was a bit pricey.Special Features:
- The variety and taste of theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2012The variety and taste of the brunch items were great. Plentiful and fresh seafood and great holiday dressing.Special Features:
- Even if it a hotel restaurant,Gr8dinerVIPDined on 11/21/2012Even if it a hotel restaurant, the food was excellent but the maitre d'e did not recognize differnt groups of diners.Special Features:
- Breakfast buffet is not asDisappointedDined on 10/26/2012Breakfast buffet is not as good as it use to be. The selection is much less. What happened to the lox?Special Features:
- The Chilean Sea Bass was surprisingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/3/2012The Chilean Sea Bass was surprising good and light. The service was fast and good after a slow start at the hostess station. There isn't much of any "atmosphere" to talk about. Maybe someday they would update this hotel, it needs a refresh badly!
- Service was a bit slow; foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2012Service was a bit slow; food was "decent" but not spectacular.Special Features:
- I wasn't very impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/5/2012I wasn't very impressed with their brunch. The food wasn't bad, it was just OK. I expected more from a hotel like this, especially when you have such an amazing view!
- Abandoned and DisappointedHungryBearDined on 4/17/2012We stopped into the bar before our reservations to have an appetizer and cocktails. When our cocktail waitress was there to provide service, she was good. It was time to close out our check, she left the check and never came back. Waited for about 15 mins. No one paid attention to us. Ended up leaving the bar and entered the adjacent Restaurant with our unpaid check. Handed the check to the Hostess, asked to combine it with our Dinner bill. She agreed. Finished a good dinner with outstanding service by Jose and proceeded to check out. Upon reviewing the bill it appeared that the bar bill was included. We paid our bill and started to leave. They suddenly remembered that our bar bill had not been included. Another mistake? Yes. So SAD.
- the Easter Brunch was absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012the Easter Brunch was absolutely delicious. My only concern was that the price was not posted on the web site prior to our choice. The brunch was more expensive than I had anticipated. The web site posts price as being average of $30. additional pricing for Easter Brunch. Overall, it was very very good, I have recomened it already.Special Features:
- After reading good reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/8/2012After reading good reviews here on Open Table, we booked our Easter brunch at the Hilton. First of all the staff was great. Excellent service, we had a nice table looking outside. No complaints. However,the food was just mediocre. Really boring. The desserts tasted like they came from the grocery store bakery. At those prices I really think it should have been a lot better. More creative and better executed.Special Features:
- My family had a wonderfullyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012My family had a wonderfully Easter thanks for everythingSpecial Features:
- The food was pretty good,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012The food was pretty good, but for a $57 brunch I would have expected to be blown away. The service was just right, she was around wehn needed but not overly intrusive.
- When we got there we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012When we got there we were the only ones in the restaraunt at the time and the service by our waitress was above and beyond. She went out of her way to make our dining experience a wonderful evening and I would definitely come back. I recommend the shrimp and crab nachos they were AWESOME!!! Thanks again and will see you guys soon!
- Disappointing Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012Disappointing Valentine's Day experience. The food was very average and the environment wasn't very special. Service was average at best.Special Features:
- Fantastic New Year's celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2011We celebrated New Year's at the Torreyana Grille and it was wonderful! The food was better than expected with a nice variety and well presented. My wife has a couple of odd food allergies and the wait staff and chefs didn't bat an eye. Besides pointing out dishes that would avoid the problems the chef suggested other dishes he could modify. New Year's was celebrated with a small jazz combo that was very entertaining. If you are looking for wild drinking, out of control 20 somethings gyrating on the dance floor this is the wrong place. If you like jazz and and the great American songbook in a laid-back good time atmosphere with great food and spectacular service the Torreyana Grille is the spot for you.
- The Christmas Brunch buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011The Christmas Brunch buffet was fabulous. Wide variety of selections to please different palates - a plus for our large and eclectic group. Everything I tasted was well-prepared, and everyone in the group found something to satisfy them.Special Features:
- Had Christmas "brunch" hereOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/25/2011Had Christmas "brunch" here at 4pm in the afternoon. The restaurant was nearly full when we came but the buffet was well stocked and constantly attended. The food was good quality for buffet. Service was good. Enjoyed the live jazz they had...so did the kids!Special Features:
- Awesome thanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011We had dinner here on thanksgiving and were more than pleased with our experience. They offered a thanksgiving buffet, that was a little pricey but well worth the money. The food selection was amazing and came with endless champagne. Our server was incredible and would recommend requesting Raul if you ever dine in, he was awesome!Special Features: