The Tides Beach Club
254 Kings Highway
Kennebunkport, ME 04043Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Tides Beach Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tidesbeachclubmaine.com/
- Phone: 2079673757x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Thursday: 3:00PM - 9:00PM
Friday-Sunday: 12:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Shaw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Tides Beach Club offers private dining with the ability to serve up to 24 guests in our intimate Belvidere Room. For larger events, the Tides for private events and is available for up to 80 guests. Please call The Tides Beach Club directly at 207-967-3757 for availability and booking information.
- Private Party Contact: Eryn Littlefield 2079673757x
A word from The Tides Beach Club
Dining at the Tides Beach Club in Kennebunkport, Maine is a refreshing experience with the emphasis on fresh! Our menu is bursting with fruits of the seas and vegetables of the garden, skillfully prepared in an uncomplicated manner to emphasize the great quality of the food and loving attention of Chef John Shaw. Pair your favorite with one of our signature cocktails or a selection from our extensive wine list and you"re sure to have a meal you'll never forget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Tides Beach Club reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (42)fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (30)romantic (26)special occasion (25)vibrant bar scene (24)great for lunch (19)hot spot (14)good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- A LONG TIME COMING.EBJBDined on 9/14/201425 YEARS AGO MY WIFE AND I WALKED GOOSE ROCKS BEACH WHILE WE DISCUSSED THE PROPERTIES WE LOOKED AT THIS DAY. WE WERE MOVING FROM CAMDEN MAINE TO SOUTHERN MAINE AND ALWAYS LOVED KPORT. WE FOUND THE TIDES THAT DAY AND MARKED IT AS A ++ IN OUR GRADING OF THE AREA. WE RECENTLY HAD DINNER AT THE TIDES ON MY BIRTHDAY WITH ANOTHER COUPLE IN WHICH HE WAS ALSO CELEBRATING HIS BDAY. IT WAS THEIR FIRST TIME AT THE TIDES. THEY BOTH LOVED THE AMBIANCE AS WE DO. IT WAS A PERFECT NIGHT. BY THE WAY, WE SETTLED IN THE PORTLAND AREA, SO IT WON'T BE ANOTHER 25 YEARS FOR OUR NEXT VISIT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service excellentchukariDined on 9/6/2014Our server, Laura, made this an unforgettable experience. Best service ever!! Food was outstanding. Beet and Heirloom salads were incredible. I had poached lobster which was beautiful and perfectly cooked. My husband had the halibut--lots of yummy sounds coming from him. I recommend the marzipan cake for dessert. Delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quintessential MaineFood4thoughtDined on 9/5/2014The Tides Beach Club exceeded my expectations. After reading some mixed reviews, I wasn't sure what to expect. The Inn itself is well put together and modern, unlike other fine Inn eateries that are a bit on the outdated side. The cocktails although a bit pricey, was a selection of creative and generous combinations that are well worth it. We started with the fiery shrimp appetizer which we thoroughly enjoyed. The entrée portions were just right, not too big not too small. The scallops over the lobster fried rice was excellent, and my wife enjoyed her chicken dish. The Tides Beach Club is a hidden gem across from a gorgeous view, nestled in a beautiful neighborhood. This is quintessential Maine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/4/2014THe location is beautiful. The food was very good. Two things were not good. We were sitting next to a window and a black spider crawled out onto our table! Yuk! Also, the service was not good. The waitress did apologize.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/3/2014When our group of 8 arrived, the folks at our table-to-be had decided to have dessert even after asking for their check. The staff scrambled and arranged for us to have the round table near reception, which turned out to be wonderful. Our waitress, Erica, was knowledgable and delightful, and every menu item we ordered was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find at Goose RocksdtavyDined on 8/31/2014First time in the area and booked based on various reviews. We weren't disappointed. It was great to be greeted by name within seconds of arrival. We were seated immediately, even though we were about ten minutes early. Timing of the meal courses was close to perfect (if that exists). Food was served hot and was well decorated. Small restaurant in a seemingly beautiful hotel. Dining area was a bit small, with tables a bit tight together, but still romantic. We'll definitely return on another occasion and recommend to friends.Special Features:
- go to EarthOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/28/2014Swordfish: overcooked. Bread: chewy & hard. Cauliflower: burned. Gnocchi: had better from SAMs. Very disappointed with this "gem." but... Bartenders: cute.Special Features:
- StaycationMattDined on 8/21/2014Popped in for two nights, had three meals there...very good each time. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!JessDined on 8/18/2014Dinner was delicious and the service was great. I recommend the mussels and the seared shrimp and scallops entree. The Inn is beautiful and located right across the street from Gooserocks beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodpgrbedDined on 8/6/2014Tide's Inn is one of our favorite spots, go out of our way to dine there. Love the old world charm, comfort and food.Special Features:
- The Tides Beach ClubLEHAVIPDined on 8/4/2014This was a first time visit for us and we were more than pleasantly surprised. Beautiful place and delicious food. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great viewDineandsunDined on 8/4/2014Expansive ocean view includes walker's point, summer home of the Bush family. We had a lovely dinner, watching sailboats go by. Food was very good and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomesweetshannyDined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed everything. Great atmosphere great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine for tourists, not for localsKatherineDined on 7/24/2014I think tourists would be impressed by this place given the amazing view of Goose Rocks Beach. The food was ok for the price yet cooked as desired, and the wait staff was certainly adept and attentive to our needs. The ambience, although nicely decorated in a casual beach decor, was oddly arranged and awkward. Our table for four was adjacent to the bar where bar goers stood and talked loudly next to our table throughout our meal. The tuna was good but the accompaniments were heavily salted. Overall, the experience was just ok. As a local resident with many amazing restaurants within a short drive, I can't find any reason to return just because there's a nice view.Special Features:
- beautiful ambience beach chickristigDined on 7/23/2014We stayed in the Inn, so we ate many meals here. The food was pretty good, not great. The service was spotty, but friendly. The atmosphere is the star here. Also, there are not many restaurants in the area. Breakfast tried omelet, muffins, toast, fruit, french toast. French toast was the winner! Dinner had lobster roll- it was dry, had to ask for butter. Scallops-ok, lobster spring rolls-ok, mussels-great, turkey sandwich-ok. Overall, I'd go back the atmosphere is lovely, lower my expectations for food.Special Features:
- Ladies LuncholdfriendsDined on 7/15/2014Fabulous specialty drinks. The watermelon cosmo is best I've ever had! The lobster rolls are a must. (try the warm one for a delicious change of pace, you will not be dissappointed) Amazing fries, as well. The service was excellent. Our waitress Alaina was a delight! She was there with helpful suggestions, a beautiful smile and was surprisingly attentive and friendly for a casual lunch on the porch. Better service than I have experienced at many an evening of fine dinining . Give her a raise! She knows how to wait tables. A rare find these days, no matter the price you pay. Prices for lunch by the way were very reasonable. WE will definitely be back. Can't wait to try the happy hour some time soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerKennebunkDinerVIPDined on 7/9/2014We entertained out of town guests for dinner mid-week July and the joint was jumping. Our server was busy but attentive and we enjoyed a properly paced 2 hour dinner. Plenty of time for conversation and the food was uniformly excellent. Nice wine list, too. It was a delicious dinner, indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealmjgreenvilleDined on 6/27/2014The view of the ocean was terrific. The food and service were exceptional. We had a wonderful time and highly recommend it and will definately return on our next visit.Special Features:
- GigiDined on 6/24/2014Food was excellent. Service was great! We had the lobster rolls and the poke tune for appetizers which were both wonderful. I had the Tune and my husband had the shrimp with scallops and lobster fried rice both great choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LalaLalaDined on 6/20/2014We have been trying to go to Tides Beach Club for awhile....so glad that we finally made it! One of our favorite dinners ever. The ambiance, service and food were spectacular. We are very fortunate to have so many wonderful restaurants in Kennebunkport. We will be back very soon. Thank you to our waitress Siobhan - she was darling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellentSophiaVIPDined on 6/10/2014We went on a Tuesday Night last week; it was pretty quiet but the restaurant itself is very pretty and the food was excellent. My husband had the Rib Steak which was absolutely delicious, tender and juicy. I had the Swordfish and it was one the best I had. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific spot!TomBoucherVIPDined on 6/7/2014Loved it so much, went back for lunch two days in a row!Special Features:
- Annual Girlfriends GetawaymarianVIPDined on 6/7/2014For the second year in a row, we made luncheon reservations and were NOT disappointed. We had hoped and requested in our reservation to be seated on the porch and were only briefly disappointed upon arrival to see a large party had taken the entire porch. But, the hostess in return had accommodated us by setting up the corner table in the lobby area and it could not have been better. It was the perfect spot for us to enjoy each other's company. The Watermelon Cosmos were a hit; and all our entrees were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, too bar-centricemacDined on 6/3/2014As with all of the restaurants in the KBT Collection, the food and service here are excellent, but this place is all about the bar, which takes up a huge part of the dining area. (There's only one small porch room devoted to dining only, which was packed the night we were there.) Listening to noisy people drinking and the bartender carrying on detracted from the dining experience for me, but others might like the party atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great food and martinisMissingLinkDined on 5/31/2014Awesome spot for foodies! The bartenders are great and the food is amazingly fresh and interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/31/2014Food, service and ambiance were great. My only complaint was that the burger was under cooked. I asked for the burger to be cooked medium but it was served medium rare which was kind of gross.Special Features:
- Love this in my neighborhoodGailVIPDined on 5/30/2014Great food, service and ambiance-can't ask for anything more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 72 reviews are from the The Tides Beach Club reviews archive.
- DeafeningfrequentdinerDined on 5/23/2014The food is fine, but not good enough to make up for the noise level, which makes it impossible to have a conversation at dinner.Special Features:
- Perfect anniversary dinnerMainergirlDined on 5/10/2014We have been here before and have always liked the "just off the beach" ambiance. We picked it for our anniversary dinner since some of the local summer restaurants are just opening for the season and we wanted something different from our usual winter haunts. I indicated that it was our anniversary in my reservation, and we were given a lovely table with a view out to the water and great big comfy chairs. Champagne on the house — a nice touch. Our waitress Siobhan was very knowledgeable about both the cocktail menu and the regular food menu. We ordered from all over the menu and were quite happy with our choices, though neither of us came close to finishing our entrees, and no room for dessert. We'll be back no doubt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerArthurDined on 10/12/2013Restaurant in in a lovely locale on Goose Rocks Beach. It is worth a stroll up the road to see some of the fabulous homes. The food was superb with attentive service. A great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I finally, after 3 visits,Ocean4meDined on 9/6/2013I finally, after 3 visits, ventured away from the fabulous roasted lobster to the rib eye. equally delicious.Special Features:
- What We Love About The TidesBeachnighDined on 9/4/2013Beautiful place, wonderful dining experience and the food is the best!Special Features:
- mixed impressionsfresserDined on 9/1/2013Some of our lunch options were first-rate, some only so-so. We really enjoyed sitting on the porch with the sea view, and service was prompt though a little offhand. Sadly, The Tides does not have the lovely, Maine beach-y ambience it used to have - could be a good-to-very good restaurant anywhere in the world with its hotel-lobby decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tides beach clubmoosseauDined on 8/30/2013We spent 3 nights and 4 days at the Club. We had dinner on friday night and sunday night. Also we took all of our lunches there. The place is wonderfull. Waterfront view. Croud younger than Ogunquit. We certainly going back on Canadian Thanks giving.Special Features:
- A new favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2013With all the new and old spots in the Kennebunks, these locals keep going back to the TidesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad We Tried AgainJCT1VIPDined on 8/25/2013We had not been to the Tides for a couple of years, but we had guests and thought they wold enjoy the oceanside setting (they did.) We found the menu to be well-rounded and the preparations to be interesting, yet not too "fussy." The food was delicious; my only problem was that I didn't know about the raw selections until we had ordered, because they appear on the bar menu, which we were not given when we were seated. I don't think one can go wrong here, especially if the brownie sundae finishes the meal!Special Features:
- No seasoningKenAVIPDined on 8/24/2013I have been to the Tides before and have had good meals. On this occasion, the chef forgot that food must be seasoned, not just cooked. Fish and chips came with slightly soggy fish with no seasoning. Probably the most bland fish I have ever eaten. Same for the chips...no salt or spices and cole slaw that was shredded cabbage and vinegar. We also had the misfortune to be sitting on the front patio with a group that felt that they had to yell to each other rather than talk. Possibly fueled by more alcohol than they should have been allowed to drink. Overall not a great dining experience
- Wonderful evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2013We had a wonderful dinner, great service from a friendly and joyful gal and adorable and efficient busgirl. The bar was somewhat noisy, but that was OK and fun to watch. The food was one of the best we have ever tried....YUM. The Tides is an excellent location and I enjoyed it from the time we confirmed the reservation until we bid good night.Special Features:
- Beautiful spot-mediocre foodGindyRDined on 8/23/2013This was our second visit to this Maine restaurant and we were as under whelmed as we were the last time. We were early for our reservation and were seated practically in the hotel lobby. We asked to be moved to a more intimate spot in the quieter dining area and we were told that those seats were for another reservation. Well the whole time we were there nobody sat there. While our salad appetizers were good, our entrees were mediocre esp. my Asian inspired scallops and shrimp with lobster-fried rice. It was bland with no flavor. Dessert was fine and the service was great. There are better restaurants in the Kennebunkport area.Special Features:
- Great food, but that's about itregulareaterouterDined on 8/23/2013Great food, okay atmosphere, not so great service. Our waitress was nice, but we rarely saw her. requested to sit on the indoor porch and were told their were other larger reservations coming to sit out there-fine, but then not one person was seated out there for the 2 hours we were there-very annoying. I wouldn't go back for dinner when in town again probably, but their food was great so maybe for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.