The Tides Beach Club
254 Kings Highway
Kennebunkport, ME 04043Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Tides Beach Club
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tidesbeachclubmaine.com/
- Phone: (207) 967-3757
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Thursday: 3:00PM - 9:00PM
Friday-Sunday: 12:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Shaw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Tides Beach Club offers private dining with the ability to serve up to 24 guests in our intimate Belvidere Room. For larger events, the Tides for private events and is available for up to 80 guests. Please call The Tides Beach Club directly at 207-967-3757 for availability and booking information.
- Private Party Contact: Eryn Littlefield 2079673757x
A word from The Tides Beach Club
Dining at the Tides Beach Club in Kennebunkport, Maine is a refreshing experience with the emphasis on fresh! Our menu is bursting with fruits of the seas and vegetables of the garden, skillfully prepared in an uncomplicated manner to emphasize the great quality of the food and loving attention of Chef John Shaw. Pair your favorite with one of our signature cocktails or a selection from our extensive wine list and you"re sure to have a meal you'll never forget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Tides Beach Club reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (26)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (19)romantic (19)special occasion (15)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (9)great for lunch (7)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Glad We Tried AgainJCT1VIPDined on 8/25/2013We had not been to the Tides for a couple of years, but we had guests and thought they wold enjoy the oceanside setting (they did.) We found the menu to be well-rounded and the preparations to be interesting, yet not too "fussy." The food was delicious; my only problem was that I didn't know about the raw selections until we had ordered, because they appear on the bar menu, which we were not given when we were seated. I don't think one can go wrong here, especially if the brownie sundae finishes the meal!Special Features:
- No seasoningKenAVIPDined on 8/24/2013I have been to the Tides before and have had good meals. On this occasion, the chef forgot that food must be seasoned, not just cooked. Fish and chips came with slightly soggy fish with no seasoning. Probably the most bland fish I have ever eaten. Same for the chips...no salt or spices and cole slaw that was shredded cabbage and vinegar. We also had the misfortune to be sitting on the front patio with a group that felt that they had to yell to each other rather than talk. Possibly fueled by more alcohol than they should have been allowed to drink. Overall not a great dining experience
- Wonderful evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2013We had a wonderful dinner, great service from a friendly and joyful gal and adorable and efficient busgirl. The bar was somewhat noisy, but that was OK and fun to watch. The food was one of the best we have ever tried....YUM. The Tides is an excellent location and I enjoyed it from the time we confirmed the reservation until we bid good night.Special Features:
- Beautiful spot-mediocre foodGindyRDined on 8/23/2013This was our second visit to this Maine restaurant and we were as under whelmed as we were the last time. We were early for our reservation and were seated practically in the hotel lobby. We asked to be moved to a more intimate spot in the quieter dining area and we were told that those seats were for another reservation. Well the whole time we were there nobody sat there. While our salad appetizers were good, our entrees were mediocre esp. my Asian inspired scallops and shrimp with lobster-fried rice. It was bland with no flavor. Dessert was fine and the service was great. There are better restaurants in the Kennebunkport area.Special Features:
- Great food, but that's about itregulareaterouterDined on 8/23/2013Great food, okay atmosphere, not so great service. Our waitress was nice, but we rarely saw her. requested to sit on the indoor porch and were told their were other larger reservations coming to sit out there-fine, but then not one person was seated out there for the 2 hours we were there-very annoying. I wouldn't go back for dinner when in town again probably, but their food was great so maybe for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner, great vibeMeagDined on 8/22/2013Excellent dinner, great vibe to the restaurant, great service.Special Features:
- TBC is A-OKKennebunkDinerVIPDined on 8/20/2013Start with a drink n the porch while enjoying a view of the beach then move inside for a great meal. Nice selection of entrees and good range of prices. Casual beach dining at a high level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful and delishLoveslunchVIPDined on 8/17/2013Lovely old inn that has been renovated. Thefood was wonderful . The corn and clam chowder was rich and creamy. Could be a meal. Loved the chicken. Only drawback was the noise level. Very high. Ask to sit on the porch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful meal. OurBeachLoverDined on 8/15/2013We had a wonderful meal. Our waitress, Alicia, did a great job. She was very friendly and worked hard to meet our needs. The food and drinks were great. It was very busy, so I am happy I had made a reservation in advance. We were happy to have a table by the window so one of us could see the ocean throughout dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beachfront dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/8/2013Cute restaurant/ inn on the beach in Kennebunkport! The food was great - very fresh and flavorful seafood and the restaurant had a cozy but energetic atmosphere. The bartender made great, off the menu martinis and the service was overall very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Mdaley3VIPDined on 8/1/2013This place is unbelievable! We went with our teenagers for dinner. The atmosphere is great. A large house on the beach. Bar is long and pretty active. The menu is limited but in a good way. Everything was delicious. The buffalo shrimp was lightly breaded and the best we ever had. Two of us had the corn and clam chowder but wished we didn't because the serving was so large we couldn't eat most of our dinner we were so full! The shrimp scallop and lobster fried rice is the best and the burgers are top of the line. We are just mad we didn't find this place sooner. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must go near KennebunkportOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2013If you don't know Goose Rock Beach and you're in the Kennebunkport area.. you must see that beach and with it, it's Tides Beach Club... excellent food, very good for diner and if it's only for lunch, the best lobster roll of the region!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Delicious and Accomodatingshbc64VIPDined on 7/21/2013While we were guests at The Tides we ate dinner one night in the restaurant. The service was great in fact the waitress had the kitchen prepare fresh gluten free bread for me when I told het of my wheat sensitivity An outstanding meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAMILY AFFAIRPAINTERDined on 7/18/2013The service was excellent, we had a server that was attentive to some special eating requirements, very knowledgeable about the menu - the beer menu was excellent and served everyone's variety of taste buds, we did not have wine. The food was fresh, full of flavor and again adapted to met our needs. Recommended were the lobster spring roll, pulled pork sandwich, chicken cooked in buttermilk and the corn & clam chowder. The local farm choice of salad greens was also excellent. We would definitely go again and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tides is splashyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2013Not your quaint Maine beach dining place... More glitz and lucite.. still a great spot in a great place. Great eclectic menu!!Special Features:
- WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/10/2013The Tides restaurant was fantastic. The ambiance is upscale and beachy. The whole evening was enjoyable. Had a reservation and was seated immediately. The drinks and appetizers were great. Sandwiches were large and dinner portions were a good size. Good variety on the menu. Looking forward to another visit some day.Special Features:
- Very loud and extremely hotSpinmeisterVIPDined on 7/6/2013Very loud and extremely hot on a busy Saturday night in July. The food, however, was delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningDonUDined on 7/6/2013Seated immeditely upon arrival then waited 15 minutes for our server to greet us and another 15 minutes before our cocktails arrived. After that server was delightful and moderately efficient, but the first 30 minutes werre dreadful. Food was good. Location is beautiful.Special Features:
- Consistently great serviceSs73VIPDined on 7/6/2013Consistently great service and food. Local ingredients = delicious flavor. Try the warm lobster roll, swordfish or shrimp/scallop over fried rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tides Beach ClubJohannDined on 7/6/2013I toke my wife for her birthday. She was impressed with the resturant. The food was good but not for the price you pay for it. I had the Surf and turf which was Fried Clams and Rib eye steak. The steak was under cooked and the claims were luke warm. My wife had the Brioled shrimp and scallops which she like. Our guest had the Rib eye and he said it was also under cooked. It may have been a bad night for the steak. The desert Strawberry shortcake was a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress disappearedFoodLloverDined on 7/5/2013We went to Tides based on other reviews. We were celebrating my boyfriend's birthday. I requested a window table but did not get one inspite of the restaurant not being busy since it was after the lunch hour. We were on the porch area so views were still good. However it took about half an hour after we were seated for the waitress to come back and get our food orders. It took so long that one member of our party had to leave after the appetizers because she had to go to work. We ended up taking her entree home with us. The waitress came back to our table only one other time after we flagged another server to ask for our check. Food was just okay for the price. If you are driving there...don't ...parking is a nightmare.
- Fabulous foodlovefoodVIPDined on 7/1/2013Great restaurant. Food very well prepared. Creative drinks list. Wonderful service. Our only complaint was the continual floor tremors when seated near the kitchen. Every step shook our table, drinks and bodies. Not conducive to enjoying an excellent meal. Don't sit near the kitchen where there's lots of foot traffic if that bothers you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Tides. We try toGailVIPDined on 6/29/2013Love the Tides. We try to go once or twice a month because we love the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tides Beach ClubOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2013From the moment we walked in the door, I knew this place was special. The music, seating and overall ambiance was very impressive. The fried clams were the lightest i have ever had and the best. I had no idea that anyone could make potatoes like this place did...SUPERB!!!!!! If you are in Kennebunkport you must visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to requests outstanding !TwomomDined on 6/24/2013This was a special birthday dinner. They gave us a great table, delivered complementary champagne, and a yummy cupcake with a candle. Could not have asked for more. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2013This restaurant was recommend by a friend. I did not even know that it existed. My friend and I ate outside . It was a lovely evening and quite nice. The food choice was excellent allowing for a small or large meal choice. We both found the food and wine delicious but pricey.Special Features:
- Finally..marianVIPDined on 6/8/2013Have wanted to go to The Tides for a couple of years now and we finally made it over there for dinner. Upon walking in, we were surprised at how intimate the dining space is but we were escorted to a table for two that, while not full views of the ocean and dunes, was pretty close. The entire evening was thoroughly enjoyable. The ambiance. The service. The food. Choices of unusual martinis. We can't wait to go back....and plan our time better so that we can enjoy a cocktail on the porch before dinner!Special Features:
- ServicemuggsmacDined on 6/1/2013Just wanted to add that your service staff are some of the best we have experienced, especially our waitress. Can't tell you who the young lady was, she didn't give us her name. All-in-all it was a grand experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love sitting overlookingfoodforcathVIPDined on 5/31/2013I love sitting overlooking the ocean and listening to the waves as I eat delicious foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate here for dinner oneOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/27/2013We ate here for dinner one night and loved it so much we came back for Sunday lunch a few days later with four friends. Fantastic food and service with a view right across from Goose Rocks Beach. Also loved the watermelon cosmos!Special Features:
- Top NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2013Excellent Service, Food, and Ambiance. I am definitely returning!Special Features:
- Season 3NewYearsEveVIPDined on 5/25/2013The Tides never disappoints and as the summer months progress and the local produce comes in it will only get better! We hope to make another trip before the end of the season. A true 'neighborhood gem' on Goose Rocks Beach! The locals are lucky to have it.Special Features:
- Returned the next day...Winelovr2Dined on 5/14/2013for an afternoon drink and snack at the bar to enjoy the beach view. The cocktails are works of art to drink. Dinner last night was excellent with a wide selection to please all 6 in our party. Don't miss the ribeye or the raw bar and the seafood is great of course. Casual, comfortable but elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time this season andGailVIPDined on 5/10/2013First time this season and still love The TidesBC. Service is excellent and food is very good. Love the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- when you go, don't go unlessOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/27/2012when you go, don't go unless you can reserve a porch table. when we arrived, there was a large group at the bar and in the lobby, if we had not had a porch table we would have had to leave as the noise level was epic and people were standing around the dining tables drinking and talking while we would have been dining. One person in our group would not have been able to hear our conversation over the din. With that said, the food was wonderful, service was great and we had a great dining experience on the porch!
- We stayed at the Tides andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/7/2012We stayed at the Tides and ended up eating dinner the two nights we were there. Both dinners were very nice. The first after driving up in the rain from Boston was very relaxing. The wait staff was most helpful in guiding our selections. The lobster bisque was excellent. The Swordfish was also very well prepared - in fact I had it both nights and the second was even better. My wife had the lobster entree and thoroughly enjoyed that. The only negative was that there was a large family reunion on the second night. It was OK as long as they were in the room reserved for the party. However some of the guests decided to come and chat with other friends in the main dining room and stood around talking very loudly which detracted a bit.Special Features:
- Love the Tides-atmosphereGailVIPDined on 10/5/2012Love the Tides-atmosphere is wonderful and service is fantastic. I feel like I'm on vacation every time I go there!Special Features:
- The dining experience wasRetireeDined on 10/2/2012The dining experience was very enjoyable and the food was very good. Our table was located in the smaller area from the main dining room so was slightly quieter.Special Features:
- This restaurant is well integratedYrerDined on 9/27/2012This restaurant is well integrated into what is a small hotel overlooking the Goose Neck coastline. The unpretentious food was well prepared and appropriate for the setting. Service was friendly. Would recommend for the peaceful location, view, and better than average food.Special Features:
- Nice food but very noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2012Nice food but best tables with ocean view seem to be reserved for hotel customers. Others are sitting in a very noisy spot along the bar. I would not recommend because of its very noisy environment. Finally 9$ for a bottle of sparkling water and 10$ for a blueberry pie with extra 3$ for an ice cream scoop is a bit overpriced!